Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? (7641 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2013? / India Are Still Battling With Power Cuts, So Give GEJ Time To Tackle Problem! / Let's Give GEJ A Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2013
akthedream: Why call him Ode?Cant u comprehend that hir post was just a satire to mock Sincere_9gerian,Billionaire and Beaf,who can all defend GEJ even if he shyte on their fathers head or even cut it off..Its just a joke from the guy jor..in other words,GEJ has performed below expectation..As for me,45% is an exergerated score to him.I hope for miracles this year though.

Wheeeeeeew......I was just about to write off our educational system.

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by eriegua83: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2013
Answer All Questions. All Questions Carry Equal Marks.(20) 1. Security- Aluu 4, Mubi killings, kidnappers, armed robbery, BOKO HARAM etc.=0%. 2.Power- Electricity. =3%. 3.Corruption- Fight against corruption eg FAROUK vs OTEDOLA subsidy scam. =0%. 4.Infrastructures- Bad roads, hospitals, schools, airports etc. =2%. 5.Unemployment=0%. Total scores=5% of 100%. GEJ failed.

2 Likes

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by truelovecom: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2013
Ina2k: I wil give him 60%

what has he done 2deserve 60% ?
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2013
Kabikala: [color=#990000][/color]

@Okija_juju
I generally agree with the narrative of your assessment but disagree with your final score of 65%. His apparent tolerance and encouragement of corruption negates most of the accomplishments that could have been attributable to him.

On the plus side, I think he is making real progress in the war against Boko haram and there is ample evidence that the roads and airports are being fixed while the rails came to life for the first time in a long while.

But for not taking any concrete action against the subsidy thieves and engaging in plea-bargaining with the main culprits, for foot-dragging on the prosecution of the Halliburton bribe-takers, for ignoring detailed evidence of looting by Emeka Wogu (Labour Minister) and Godsday Orubebe (Niger Delta Minister), for appointing a confirmed kleptomaniac like Tony Anenih to be in charge of our ports, for refusing to set a good example in declaring his assets, for not prosecuting Farouk Lawan even with strong evidences that he demanded and took bribes, I think he has failed woefully. Just like failing compuslory subjects in a major exam.

Overall, Jona' gets 35%. And that is an F9.

[b]I will be honest with you that I absolutely get your point.. HOWEVER!!! Right now, its either we put certain developmemnts on pause nd pursue corruption fully or we focus on developments while taking the puppy steps to curb it..

I had the opportuinity to speak with one of Nigerias top and high ranking Lawyer/Legel counsel in Nigeria and I was going on and on about how Nigeria has failed to arrest and prosecute a single soul succesfully ever since Obasanjos EFCC tackled Tafa Balogun, Bode George and Yaraduas EFCC handled Cecilia Ibru.. His response to me was that fighting corruption is very expensive.. EFCC couldnt send Ibori to Jail despite posessing more danming evidence than Scotland Yard.. The man told me that for Nigeria to successfully prosecute political criminals without using a MILITARY JUSTICE SYSTEM would cost us billions if not trillions.. He said that how can a man on minimum wage win against a man with billions.. He siad we shouldnt blame the judges, that they cannot convict a person based on emotions but based on how the lawyers handle the cases and that most times the defence is so good its difficult to convict them based on the funds and resources available to the prosecution.. That was when I sat quietly/..

I am sad that Farouk Lawan is back in the House of Reps.. I am sad that the subsidy regime is still going on, I am sad that the police still couldnt jail those who stole their pensions..

So knowing this, I think I am happy that these things have been exposed.. Now I know.. Maybe, oneday, we will get to that point where we can afford to throw 13milliom abi billion pounds sterlings into pursuing a case.. [/b]
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by IlCapitano(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2013
dejustice: Can you just imagine what you are, if your Head is 'Retardeen' Do the Maths - Logic.

I believe you're an id!ot sated on fermented stup!dity. You can't stomach a snide remark abi. Lowlife mental cockroach. Mschew.
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by dagbokoncept(m): 11:45am On Jan 02, 2013
39 percent
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by dilbert100: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2013
undecided
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Uziehot(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2013
Kamanda: I am not from the land of Taharqa,so speaking Jermain-ly like a Sincere 9gerian who hopes to become a Billyonaire one day from point one to PointB without any Beaf.

Also considering the situation he finds himself with those making governance impossible,I will give President Jonathan 95% performance.

We all can see that power supply has improved dramatically,GDP is one of the best in the world,Railways are now world class,Airports have been renovated and safety greatly improved.

More Nigerians are now gainfully employed in the informal sector and corruption is being exposed like never before.Nigeria is also being reckoned with in the committe of nations.

Expect better performance this year 2013 with the final crushing of the militants,BH and their sponsors.
Tah,wat 95%? D man had only 13% overall rating.
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2013
For LOVE of God and Country, let me spare some time to highlight an updated version of the achievements of GEJ in the last 2yrs or so:
1) Power Sector: Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. The era of 24hrs power supply is around the corner. Several homes around the country are seeing improved power supply
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/112442-nigeria-power-generation-hits-4500mw.html
https://www.nairaland.com/1144376/public-power-supply-continues-improve
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/phcn-fg-shifts-ground-agrees-to-pay-off-54000-staff/
2) Rail transport: Another exciting transformation is the massive rehabilitation of the rail transport system. Only few days ago, it was reported that the Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed, tested, and put to use.
This will add to the numerous other rail routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(150km per hr and 50% completed NOW), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(150km per hr).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/photo-news-nigeria-railways-begins-lagos-kano-rail-service-at-just-1500-naira
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/

3) Aviation :there is ongoing massive re-modelling of 11 airports in Nigeria, including the one Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos, Kano, Yola, etc. The completed ones are simply beautiful to behold. When the 11 airports currently under re-construction are completed, reconstruction will begin immediately in the remaining 11 airports under FAAN. Also part of the aviation master plan of this govt is total over-haul of the institutions in the industry(already done), creation of a national carrier, building of aero-tropolis(cities around the airports), building of 4 new international terminals including PH, Lagos and Kano. This is TRANSFORMATION.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087612/new-face-remodelled-benin-airport
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/photo-speak-commissioning-of-remodelled-gat-mma-lagos.html
http://nigerianaviation./2012/09/26/upgraded-airport-terminals-at-enugu-and-port-harcourt/
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95770:airports-remodelling-on-course&catid=32:business-travel&Itemid=563
4) Education: education sector has also received serious attention in terms of infrastructural upgrade. The federal unity schools are being rehabilitated in phases, Almajiri schools are being built to cater for the over 11million out of school children in the north, the higher institutions are recieving more funds than ever this time,etc Also important is the creation of 9 new federal universities in Ebonyi, Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi,etc In fact, some ofthe brand new universities, including federal university Kashere, Gombe has commenced operation providing access to higher education for locals and employment.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38
http://www.universitiesnews.com/2012/08/10/nigeria-fg-increases-funding-to-universities-others-by-over-40-percent/
5) Roads: Significant progress is being made in terms of road construction. As at the last count, 11 inherited(most were abandoned) road projects, were COMPLETED, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), KadunaRefinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).
Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–EnuguExpressway; and the construction of the Loko–Owetobridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc. Enugu-PH and Lagos-Ibadan express roads are currently undergoing repair works to make them motorable pending when full re-construction will commence in the new year.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/providing-motorable-road-for-nigerians-is-my-commitment/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42461/2012/12/13/abujalokoja_road_ready_2014_minister.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/60567-govt-to-complete-enugu-onitsha-expressway-soon.html.

2 Likes

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by truborn9ja: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2013
Il Capitano: I believe you're an id!ot sated on fermented stup!dity. You can't stomach a snide remark abi. Lowlife mental cockroach. Mschew.
Wetin dis one dey talk?
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2013
6) Elections: For me another very IMPORTANT achievement and LEGACY of the GEJ administration is CULTURIZATION of free and fair elections. The 2011 elections, adjudged by both local and international observers as free and fair, was the turning point in the history of Nigeria. It effectively marked the END of DO-OR-DIE and Amala politics. Since then, free and fair elections is the RULE. The last Edo and Ondo elections were no different. Free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE and MOST IMPORTANT dividend of democracy and has the potential for unleashing other dividends of democracy. The import of free and fair election to our development was emphasised by no other person than Achebe himself in his latest book-There was a country. Under the sub-heading “State Resuscitation and Recovery”, Achebe suggests that “the Nigerian solution” will come in stages. “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and STRIVE for the freest and fairest elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” he writes. This process, can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, humbled by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
Sorry for those looking for anti-corruption WAR-LORD like Buhari, NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
POINT 8: Progress is also being made in the petroluem sector. The PIB, a comprehensive law to overhaul and reform Nigeria's oil and gas sector, is already with the NASS. The committee charged to release a white paper on the road map to revitalizing existing refineries is currently at work. The nations moribund pipelines and fuel depots are being rehabilitated and RESTORED nationwide. For instance the Aba NNPC depot has been RESTORED (after 10 solid years of being shut down) and currently ensuring steady supply of petroluem products to the south-eastern states. The Jos NNPC depot has also been RESTORED. Other depot RESTORED include Minna, Kano and Gusau. Work is ongoing to restore the Enugu deport and then Benue deport. The opening up of these depots explains why there isn't much difference in prices of petrol between Lagos and these areas even in this period of scarcity. The subsidy payment system is being cleaned up as much as possible and the shock of the clean-up is causing fuel scarcity in some cities. Hopefully, when the system is totally cleaned-up, the scarcity will disappear. Ultimately, the govt should DO THE RIGHT THING, which is to de-regulate the sector and remove subsidy.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fast-tracking-passage-of-petroleum-industry-bill/126551/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37583/2012/10/15/oil_marketers_commend_jonathan_others_reopening_nnpc_depot_aba.html
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/sector-report/petroluem/nnpc-re-opens-aba-depot-10-years-after/
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Ty207: 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
i will give him just 55 shocked shocked oops sorry 5.5% grin......................
we youth are not happy with him @ all undecided
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
The 8 SOLID POINTS highlighted above PLUS giant strides that have been made in the AGRIC SECTOR sums up the PERFORMANCE of GEJ so far. This new year will definitely be a year of harvests, harvests and more harvests.
HATERS, propagandists, SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD evil people will be terribly disappointed

1 Like

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by viciati(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
to me it's 61.93%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by liftedme(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
16%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by lilslim(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
Negative 1000%? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by ninja4life(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
ochukoccna: A1 on promises
Confirmed F9 on project delivery
GBAM,Right on point
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by barikono(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
I give GEJ 65%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
omicron: I won't score him. He was not present at the exam! ABSENT = CARRY OVER!
lol. so, he shd continue to contest in 2015 for re assessment?
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by hardbody: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
psquarex: Fellas, whats your overall general % performance index for GEJ PDP led govt in 2012, for me its 48%

What is/are the yardsticks or perimeter for the assessment? You don't just award marks without a basis. My query is based on the fact that he had a number of points on his agenda, based on those points has his government been able to deliver? Are those points the basic things Nigerians need or is his government acting unilaterally? Even against the stated agenda how do we determine the success percentile?
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by REVOLUTNIS: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
5%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by santagelo25(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
as for me, GEJ deserve our support and therefore i rate him 69% cos there is still room for improvement. B+
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by babarazy: 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
-100%

1 Like

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Stegomiah: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mine is 1%, cos he's just occupying space

1 Like

Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Mustymohd2: 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
i dont see anything else, except increament of corruption 4 dat i give him 92%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by princemol: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
I will b fair wit gej. Its not easy to rule dis country considering certain factors surrounding d sit of power in nigeria. Well, GEJ as nt really impress nigerians but I tink he has tried enof in som areas to b sincere. He neds to act fast n prove himself capable to earn nigerians' respect and supports.uneasy lies d head dat wears d crown.35%.
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by Zandarazanzan: 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
5 percent or less
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by hercules07: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
1%, those saying airports do not know what a standard airport looks like.
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by oluomad(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
truelove.com:

For me its 0%
what have you achieved this year....NOTHING.. Go and be useful for urslf...
I rate him 48%
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by oluomad(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
princemol: I will b fair wit gej. Its not easy to rule dis country considering certain factors surrounding d sit of power in nigeria. Well, GEJ as nt really impress nigerians but I tink he has tried enof in som areas to b sincere. He neds to act fast n prove himself capable to earn nigerians' respect and supports.uneasy lies d head dat wears d crown.35%.

matured enough
Re: What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? by oluomad(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
eriegua83: Answer All Questions. All Questions Carry Equal Marks.(20) 1. Security- Aluu 4, Mubi killings, kidnappers, armed robbery, BOKO HARAM etc.=0%. 2.Power- Electricity. =3%. 3.Corruption- Fight against corruption eg FAROUK vs OTEDOLA subsidy scam. =0%. 4.Infrastructures- Bad roads, hospitals, schools, airports etc. =2%. 5.Unemployment=0%. Total scores=5% of 100%. GEJ failed.

what have you achieved this year? NOTHING you too failed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: President Buhari Accuses Obama Of Aiding Boko Haram / P&ID Scandal: Court Grants Bail To Former Petroleum Ministry Director / Igbos Dominates Nigeria's Commercial Sector But Forgot The Media - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.