Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere (2570 Views)

No Tribe Is Marginalised In Nigeria Fr Mbaka - Dailypost / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Demdem(m): 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ibime:

Yes, of course.

How many kilometres of Road have OBJ and Jonathan constructed since then?

Common 200km from Lagos - Benin, they cant construct.

Yet some fools are crying marginalisation at 4,440.43kms.

Impressive no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by OsunOriginal: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
truelove.com:

Am not saying you should vote PDP or Goodluck. All am saying is that SW, SE and SS should work together. I dont mind voting fashola for president, i wish he would contest(FASHOLA IS BETTER THAN GEJ)..........I CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER VOTE ANY NOTHERNER FOR PRESIDENT

Why will you not vote any northerner for president? Can you tell me why in bullet points?

Are they not Nigerians? If the north says they will never vote any South Easterner for president, will anybody from South East ever be president of this country? Remember this is democracy - it is a game of number.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
hercules07:

Maybe becaus it is false?
So the moderators are now judges who sit to determine which report is false or true? Hypocrisy!
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Since the southwest is pursueing regional integration, after integrating themselves, they can elect Buhari to rule over the southwest.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
The delusion I keep noticing among SS/SE is the "south" won't vote for "north" mentality. Lumping the biggest zone (west) with SS/SE.

The West will never vote in the name of some "southern" solidarity nonsense!! Never again!

Phuck southern Nigeria and your "our oil" mentality. Phuck the South. It's N, W, E, S. NOT NORTH AND SOUTH!

If GEJ should go for PDP come 2015, Ribadu/Fashola ticket is inevitable. But if they bring some bigwig like Mark and the bigger ones, It's Buhari/Fashola.

The game is over. We all know people in the west will vote for a ticket with Fashola on it. North will vote massively like they did before for Buhari.

So really, PDP know it's game over. Stop saying "south" Yorubas are not with y'all. I'll rather pick a Northerner over a self entitled southerner any day.

Bunch of unsophisticated asss lickers!

We don't care about Boko Haram in the north, we know if a determined government gets there, the government will end the menace. That's why PDP has to go. If PDP doesn't go and rig the next election, it's going to be a civil war. They better learn and give up.

Nigeria shall be great again. Eledumare is involved.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Since the southwest is pursueing regional integration, after integrating themselves, they can elect Buhari to rule over the southwest.

Yeah yeah... All PDP's attempt to court the SW by lambasting "north" with lies and false accusation will not work.

SS/SE can vote for GEJ. And your votes won't count. It will not count I repeat!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by taharqa: 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
The Resident HYPOCRITES on NL never seize to AMAZE, NEVER *smh*...

Did I see any person even attempt to contest the FIGURES posted by the @OP; FIGURES that clearly shows that a supposed Leader of this country engaged in the highest level of parochialism channeling most of the fund set aside from Petroleum tax to develop the whole country to their own region, and in utter disregard of the needs and feelings of the other regions cos it was a Military regime when those other regions could not question them. That most of the said Fund was even gotten from these other regions makes it even more benign.

This is the Crush of the @OP's topic: the FIGURES and the CLEAR INFERENCES . And like I said previously, I need someone to provide counter-figures in other to help me drawn honest inferences from what is presently direct and clear. Anything apart from that is simply HOT AIR; a lot of it....
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by OsunOriginal: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
0lumide: The delusion I keep noticing among SS/SE is the "south" won't vote for "north" mentality. Lumping the biggest zone (west) with SS/SE.

The West will never vote in the name of some "southern" solidarity nonsense!! Never again!

Phuck southern Nigeria and your "our oil" mentality. Phuck the South. It's N, W, E, S. NOT NORTH AND SOUTH!

If GEJ should go for PDP come 2015, Ribadu/Fashola ticket is inevitable. But if they bring some bigwig like Mark and the bigger ones, It's Buhari/Fashola.

The game is over. We all know people in the west will vote for a ticket with Fashola on it. North will vote massively like they did before for Buhari.

So really, PDP know it's game over. Stop saying "south" Yorubas are not with y'all. I'll rather pick a Northerner over a self entitled southerner any day.

Bunch of unsophisticated asss lickers!

We don't care about Boko Haram in the north, we know if a determined government gets there, the government will end the menace. That's why PDP has to go. If PDP doesn't go and rig the next election, it's going to be a civil war. They better learn and give up.

Nigeria shall be great again. Eledumare is involved.

I agree with you my brother.

Watching the game closely, any combination that doesnt have Buhari in it will only make it easy for PDP/GEJ to retain power. Opposition dont have to spend much to capture the whole of north with Buhari. If the opposition is serious about capturing power, democracy/election should then be seen as trust people have in a candidate. The north and some of us in the south have trust in Buhari already - nobody needs to sell him to us. We will even spend our money to campaign for him.

All we need now is a heavy weight from ACN to pair up with him.

Oshiomole will be the right candidate if he is interested - being a xtian and a performing governor. Also, Oshiomole can talk very well - he will act our dear Tunde Idi-agbo of blessed memory.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by truelovecom: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Why will you not vote any northerner for president? Can you tell me why in bullet points?

Are they not Nigerians? If the north says they will never vote any South Easterner for president, will anybody from South East ever be president of this country? Remember this is democracy - it is a game of number.

In Nigeria's election there is nothing like democracy. We can keep manipulating the figures, like how it was done in 2011. IF we southerners(sw,se,ss) join hands,we can keep the presidency for as long as we want...................................The north has rulled nigeria for long and yet no improvement....Since the south took office in 1999, there has been much improvement. Our nations Gdp increased , Our power production increased from 2000mega watts to 4500mega watts , We dropped from the number one position of most corrupt country and many more......................
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by OsunOriginal: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
truelove.com:

In Nigeria's election there is nothing like democracy. We can keep manipulating the figures, like how it was done in 2011. IF we southerners(sw,se,ss) join hands,we can keep the presidency for as long as we want...................................The north has rulled nigeria for long and yet no improvement....Since the south took office in 1999, there has been much improvement. Our nations Gdp increased , Our power production increased from 2000mega watts to 4500mega watts , We dropped from the number one position of most corrupt country and many more......................

Yorubas will not join you to manipulate elections with a view to cheating other regions of the country. We should lay a good foundation for the country and not continue in the old evil tradition of deceipt, lies, manipulation and falshood. For how long do you think you can keep manipulating and cheating the other people? If the table turns accidentally like the way GEJ became president, what will happen? The vicious cycle of deceipt continues and the future of the country and that of our children is jeopardised.

Learn from other enviable countries of the world - let always set the record straight. Let the best among the contestants irrespective of region and religion lead - all of us whether minority or majority will benefit from a good leader. Also in this way, anybody, regardless of where you come from will have the hope of aspiring to the highest position in the land. Obama is American president today because nobody is cheating at the pool or trying to side tract a tribe from presidency - no lies, no falsehood. Lets do the same here and make our country enviable.

You are talking about power output increasing under PDP/Southerner? How? About 6 months ago it went down to 2000mega Watts before it came up again to 4500mega Watta. Who knows what level it will fluctuate to later?

Do you have an idea of Nigeria power output in 1995? Do you know the power supply situation in the country even in those days of the military who probably are northerner as you want me to believe? So, what has PDP/souther presidents (obj/GEJ) done even with all the billions of dollars spent on power generation? Can you remember the power probe in the house during Obasanjo? Did you see the mess that was eventally killed by OBJ the same way GEJ has killed subsidy probe and Ribadu report?

Last year I was paying 2k for power mothly - today i pay 7k and despite this, generator still remain the only reliable source of power in my house. So, what are you talking about? What is the essence of 4500 mega watts that has not translated into constant and affordable power supply for the masses of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by WilyWily8: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
truelove.com:

SS betrayed SE during the civil war………Whatever GEJ is facing 2day is a result of SS action and negative decision during the war.……We had a chance of having one of the most developed country in the world, but my SS brothers/sisters blew away the opportunity because of oil.……So tell me, that oil are you(SS) now controlling it? NO……but the north keeps stealing your oil , 2develope their land.………Look at the federal roads in the southern region, most of them are with potholes. No federal presence in the south, and yet they keep stealling our oil , 2develope their land.………………I just pray the North doesnt kill Goodluck, like how they killed Aguyi Ironsi.
what is the difference between your brother Asika, Asodu, Ike Nwachukwu,Elechi Amadi and Ken Saro Wiwa, Afred Diete Spiff, Edwin Clark
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by truelovecom: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
OsunOriginal:

I agree with you my brother.

Watching the game closely, any combination that doesnt have Buhari in it will only make it easy for PDP/GEJ to retain power. Opposition dont have to spend much to capture the whole of north with Buhari. If the opposition is serious about capturing power, democracy/election should then be seen as trust people have in a candidate. The north and some of us in the south have trust in Buhari already - nobody needs to sell him to us. We will even spend our money to campaign for him.

All we need now is a heavy weight from ACN to pair up with him.

Oshiomole will be the right candidate if he is interested - being a xtian and a performing governor. Also, Oshiomole can talk very well - he will act our dear Tunde Idi-agbo of blessed memory.

Bros i will give my support, if fashola or ashimole is for president, and buhari or any notherner for vice
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by truelovecom: 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Yurubas will not join you to manipulate elections with a view to cheating other regions of the country. We should lay a good foundation for the country and not continue in the old evil tradition of deceipt, lies, manipulation and falshood. For how long do you think you can keep manipulating and cheating the other people? If the table turns accidentally like the way GEJ became president, what will happen? The vicious cycle of deceipt continues and the future of the country and that of our children is jeopardised.

Learn from other enviable countries of the world - let always set the record straight. Let the best among the contestants irrespective of region and religion lead - all of us whether minority or majority will benefit from a good leader. Also in this way, anybody, regardless of where you come from will have the hope of aspiring to the highest position in the land. Obama is American president today because nobody is cheating at the pool or trying to side tract a tribe from presidency - no lies, no falsehood. Lets do the same here and make our country enviable.

YOUR ON POINT........I SALUTE!!!
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by truelovecom: 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wily,Wily:

what is the difference between your brother Asika, Asodu, Ike Nwachukwu,Elechi Amadi and Ken Saro Wiwa, Afred Diete Spiff, Edwin Clark

Zone
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by AndreUweh(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Mazi Eziachi, Much as it is your right to support Buhari, you are wrong on the above. Ekwueme wasn't found guilty of any crime cos there was no crime associated with him. He was sent to kirikiri (under prison custody) while the tribunal carried out it's probe but Shagari was put under house arrest. Even the judicial tribunal set up by Buhari that probed Ekwueme after the coup publicly declared, "Dr. Ekwueme left office poorer than he was when he entered it, and to ask more from him was to set a standard which even saints could not meet."
WORD
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by juman(m): 6:16am On Jan 03, 2013
Demdem: [b]All what i could see from the opening post was a govt that was busy providing basic infrastructures for the people. Can u imagine, how many years was PTF in existence and thousands of Kilometres of roads is attributed to them. Not only roads but also other development projects in sectors that includes health, education etc.

Can the retardeen govt or lets say the killer party since their existence since 1999 boast of contructing thousands of new highways despite having more funds than ever before? that i seriously doubt.

That the projects are screwed to one section of the country bothers me not at all as long as the funds arent stolen. besides it was a military govt and such isnt out of place especially if that was the instruction from the supremo head of state. What i kept on seeing was a very hardworking buhari delivering on projects constantly. what a genius.
This simply shows that this govt has no excuse. Roads like the east west road which ought to be the first priority for the retardeen ought not to be where it is right now.
Now that the retardeen is in power, he is not only useless for his people but also the whole country.

Again, am happy with what Buhari was able to acheive in PTF.[/b]

Hmmmm. Also in kwara state there was very little activities of PTF that time.

But its obvious that PTF alone is almost better than PDP government since 1999.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Demdem(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2013
juman:

Hmmmm. Also in kwara state there was very little activities of PTF that time.

But its obvious that PTF alone is almost better than PDP government since 1999.

Only the extremely foolish will disagree with the above bolded assertion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 03, 2013
Ibime:

Yes, of course.

How many kilometres of Road have OBJ and Jonathan constructed since then?

Common 200km from Lagos - Benin, they cant construct.

Yet some fools are crying marginalisation at 4,440.43kms.

This write-up is fallacious for many reasons:

The writer should give us the allocation in £, $ and N, not kilometres.

(1.) Even if you allocate the same road budget to North and South Nigeria, North will build double the length of roads because it is cheaper to build roads in the North due to lack of rainfall.

(2.) Secondly, Northern Nigeria has double the landmass of Southern Nigeria, so more kilometers of roads will be built in the North. One road from Sokoto to Taraba would be three times the length of a road from Cross River to Oyo.
My friend, it will be very wrong to take those figures as stand alone. The PTF era was under military govt while the OBJ/Yar Adua/GEJ era is under democracy. Under the military, the PTF was like the infrastructural arm of the federation, doing state,feederal and local govt projects. Executive fiat was used- no need for due process that normally delay contract award in a democracy. If you combine the roads done by federal, state and local govt, under democracy in the same duration, it will also run into thousands of km of roads.
Even those figures quoted by Afenifere for the southern states can be contested because critical southern roads such as the Benin-Ore road, Benin-Asaba, Lagos-Ibadan, Enugu-Onitsha, Onitsha-Ower ri road, etc were left untouched. As long as I can remember, most of these roads have had several FAILED sections, which continue to worsen over the years. Why were these critical roads avoided like a plague by Buhari?
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by omenka(m): 7:40am On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: The same Muhammadu Buhari in his usual characteristic and in line with his superior complex mentality refused alongside some of his Northern brothers to appear before the Oputa panel.
When Obj was invited by Elumelu committee did he show up? Yet he was the prime suspect of that grand theft!
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by juman(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Even those figures quoted by Afenifere for the southern states can be contested because critical southern roads such as the Benin-Ore road, Benin-Asaba, Lagos-Ibadan, Enugu-Onitsha, Onitsha-Ower ri road, etc were left untouched. As long as I can remember, most of these roads have had several FAILED sections, which continue to worsen over the years. Why were these critical roads avoided like a plague by Buhari?

So the critical southern roads have been fixed by OBJ/Yar-Adua/Jonathan governments??
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by omenka(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2013
noblezone: hahahahaha!

Emm, Ndubisi!, Ndubisi!!!, Ndu!!!!

Please, come do tea for me, and warm the Nkwobi also.

Lemme sit down, and enjoy myself while I watch another ethnic e-war.

When some of us are saying that Nigeria can never produce a National Leader, they call us names.
There will never be a leader that the North, South, East, West, Middle, Christian, Islam, etc will all accept as one.
It is wisdom to negotiate Nigeria, else, we can continue to deceive ourselves.

It is either you play to the gallery or simply ignorant.
The North is not only crying about marginalization, they are also doing something about it.

If Buhari were to be the President, the Boko Boys would not be on rampage.
I believe with all my heart Azazi's submission that the PDP is behind boko haram. To me its all a game plan towards 2015. Jonathan and his nest-mates (nest of killers~pdp #Wole Soyinka) undastand what effects destabilizing the north and decimating their population would have on voting pattern come 2015. He knows, as the failure he is, any popular candidate (Buhari et al) thrown up by the north from the oposition would efectively result in their eviction from Aso Villa. And in order to perpertuate the status quo, they have to rid the north of as many voters as possible by killing eligible voters and scaring those they can't kill off the streets effectively disenfranchising them leaving the south, east, and west to be the 'deciders' of the outcome of the presidential poll! My fear is, majority of Nigerians, being who they are, would throw the anticedents of candidates out the window and vote based on ethno-religious sentiments.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2013
omenka:
When Obj was invited by Elumelu committee did he show up? Yet he was the prime suspect of that grand theft!

So that justifies Buhari's refusal to appear before the Oputa panel? SMH!
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
Since now one has countered these statistics, Nlanders should join me in asking Buhari to apologies to the south for the atrocities he committed against them while he was PTF chairman.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by jmaine: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Since now one has countered these statistics, Nlanders should join me in asking Buhari to apologies to the south for the atrocities he committed against them while he was PTF chairman.

The truth can never be countered . . .the best they can attempt is swivel,twist and twitch to no where . . . .btw, this is old gist na . . . .
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gbam!!
OsunOriginal:

You think all those trash posted by PDP political jobbers will move any sane person? It is only the likes of you who are drowning already that will see this as a straw they can hold for support.

I grew up in Osun and I wasnt a kid when Buhari headed PTF. I have never seen any intervention fund in the history of this country that added so much value to all across the country. All higher institutions in Osun State benefitted from PTF including some major roads in the state - standard Borehole, roads, School buses (very strong ones), hospital equipment and free drugs. All these without anybody asking for it - this is how government should run - since the scrap of PTF, what do we have? What do we see?

7 years after I was at LUTH in Lagos for a project and I couldn't belief still seeing PTF beds in the wards.

Who are those Afenifere saying they were maginalized? Were they looking for contract and they were not given or what?

Like I told one of the retardeens on NL (sincere9gerian), we have our senses still functioning and we are using it. We are not here to support anybody because the person is from our region or religion/cult. We are not looking for money or political position from anybody - I will never be a azzlicker like yourself.

Nigeria must be great - that is our target and we will achieve this by God's grace.
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Abacha was a great man, he had the wisdom to set up the PTF and put Buhari in charge of it.[/size]
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]After Abacha was poisoned a Yorubaman - Thief Obasanjo ruled the country for 8 full years, yet did he build any roads that this corrupt group said was neglected in the SW?

Why do they focus on Abacha's era who did not have the kind of oil export revenue available to Thief Obasanjo?

What did Thief Obasanjo do with the PTF sef?
[/size]
Re: Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Corrupt groups are always going to criticise the Patiotic anti-corrupt Nigerian leaders like Abacha and Buhari, why they did not ciritcised the real enemies of Nigeria such as IBB, Abdulsalami Abubakar and Thief Obasanjo?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News..fulani Herdsmen Kill Two, Injure Four In Osun State.. / Prayers For Gej's Apologists / GENERAL BUHARI Had 8 CHRISTIANS And 8 MUSLIMS In His Cabinet As Head Of States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.