Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse (8755 Views)

Wedlock Of The Ghost: Remarry Your Dead Wife Or Lose Your Children / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by saintvc(m): 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
Just chatted with an elder cousin who is about to be united again with his ex-partner after 7years of divorce. Their marriage lasted 6 years and produced 2 kids.

His reasons were

Family- the kids

Love is strong

time -he has outgrown his childishness. Moreover, time heals wound

I didn't discourage him but for me NOOOOO. I just cant feed on my vomit.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
I see nothing wrong with it. If they realize after all that they love each other and want to be with each other, why shouldn't they end up together? Why should they create pointless, unnecessary barriers to their happiness?

11 Likes

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 02, 2013
saintvc: Just chatted with an elder coushn who is about to be united again with his ex patner after 7years of divorce. Their mariage lasted 6 years and produced 2 kids.his reasons were

Family- the kids

Love is strong

time -he has outgrown his childishnes .morever,time heals wound

i didnt discourage him but for me NOOOOO. I just cant feed on my vomit.

Wow at the bolded...... Anyways IMO why not?.... some people will do anything to get their parents 20 something years broken marriage together so 7 years is a piece of cake ..... I'd say he should go for it .... as long as they want to start on a clean slate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by greatgod2012(f): 3:06am On Jan 02, 2013
jidegirl12:

Wow at the bolded...... Anyways IMO why not?.... some people will do anything to get their parents 20 something years broken marriage together so 7 years is a piece of cake ..... I'd say he should go for it .... as long as they want to start on a clean slate.

my sister, it happens, just as you said.
Precisely, May 2012, one of my hubby's aunties came back together after more than 20 years of divorce, thru their children's intervention and pleading. Though, none of them remarry after d divorce/separation, i think that made d coming together easier.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by greatgod2012(f): 3:08am On Jan 02, 2013
@ op, its possible, especially, if none of them have remarried, but if one of them had remarried, its gonna be difficult.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 02, 2013
I guess you're right @greatgod with the re-married clause but let's face it.... possibility of that in our society is very rare..... as long as they are both ready to forget the past because there's nothing spending the rest if your days with somebody and not alone in misery with yeye pride. My take sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by dayokanu(m): 4:39am On Jan 02, 2013
It depends on the circumstances surrounding the initial breakup

If it was due to childishness and some minor issues then I would consider coming back

But if the initial breakup was bordering on issues like infidelity, domestic violence and other serious issues I would advise not

And the cliche of not going back to your vomit is nonsense

If you used to work with a company left them and years later they gave you a very good offer would you also use that cliche?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2013
I agree with you dayokanu

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Callotti: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2013
He is a divorcee like myself!
I believe in sticking to 'levels'. . . of common denominators! kiss
So, YES!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2013
For Me, the Chances are Slim.

I respect my Judgements and decisions, Infact my Word is my Pride - I'd Only need to Sit and Evaluate the Situation before Calling the Shots, Prudent Shots!

So if by Chance i take a decision of Divorcing my Spouse, believe me it would be the Best of Decisions and re-marrying her sure would be Operating on Double Standards and Disrepute to my Image.

U Can only Remarry Ur Divorced Spouse, if:

a) Your Decision to divorce her in the first place was a Wrong Call i.e a Sinister Decision

OR

b) You're accepting her back Cos u're Under the Influence of a High powered Juju grin
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Seun(m): 10:45am On Jan 02, 2013
@saintvc: You say you can't return to your own vomit. Would you rather return to someone else's vomit? "The devil you know is better than ..."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2013
Seun: @saintvc: You say you can't return to your own vomit. Would you rather return to someone else's vomit? "The devil you know is better than ..."

From what I Sense he Meant by 'Vomit' Isin't the Spouse But his 'Decision' - Just Like Saying, 'I Wont Jxt Swallow back my Words'

Only if he thinks Otherwise though.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by ichommy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Seun: @saintvc: You say you can't return to your own vomit. Would you rather return to someone else's vomit? "The devil you know is better than ..."
New Angel dat is coming
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by slimyem: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nothing wrong with that...especially if the initial cause of the divorce isn't likely to re-occur.
Besides,both parties in situations like this must have learnt their lessons and are usually more mature in handling or settling future differences.
Its happening with a friend now.His parents have been separated for over 30 years and are obviously still in love and planning to get back together.smiley
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Booty4meTM: 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse

You And Google They Fight?

Or Are you a leaner?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
saintvc: Just chatted with an elder cousin who is about to be united again with his ex-partner after 7years of divorce. Their marriage lasted 6 years and produced 2 kids.

His reasons were

Family- the kids

Love is strong

Ogbeni! That's not called vomit. What if you were the one at fault. Maybe your couz just noticed what was missing in his life - his Ex!
You never know what you have until you loose it. I think he might be making the right decision.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
El Guapo: For Me, the Chances are Slim.

I respect my Judgements and decisions, Infact my Word is my Pride - I'd Only need to Sit and Evaluate the Situation before Calling the Shots, Prudent Shots!

So if by Chance i take a decision of Divorcing my Spouse, believe me it would be the Best of Decisions and re-marrying her sure would be Operating on Double Standards and Disrepute to my Image.

U Can only Remarry Ur Divorced Spouse, if:

a) Your Decision to divorce her in the first place was a Wrong Call i.e a Sinister Decision

OR

b) You're accepting her back Cos u're Under the Influence of a High powered Juju grin

Please, does that mean u don't make wrong decisions? U no be God now. God is the only one who never changes...

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by pingo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
Follow your heart and do what is right!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Ihailedthee: 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Where there is love anything can happen.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by HARDDON: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Like I'd always Saч , when d heart is involved, to Each , his own .
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
If u can date him/her once to the extent of tying the nuptial knot,I see no reason that I can't remarry her/him. Its like rekindling old flame.

Just my thot.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by jmoore(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
@op it is good that your cousin can't be influenced by you on his decision he has made. He has given you justifiable reasons yet you comprehend none.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by gandkiss: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
IF I CAN MARRY HER ONCE,I CAN DO IT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by TableLeg(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Maybe!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by janejive(f): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Never say never
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by pekelepekele(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
It is not that easy because for me . I will be thinking many things like all these years only God knows how many type of men young and old that might have bleeped her and they might have destroyed the walls , Am sorry if that sounds naughty but that is just me am the jealous type and I always think things through before doing them .

Another is this , Your friend that wants her man back after 7years of breakup .,Are you sure that this man for the past 7 years there really isn't any other woman that have kids for him or some other hidden relationship . 7 years no be joke.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by bobblue: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Did your cousin's ex-wife remarry during the time of their separation? If she did, I would not encourage them to remarry, if she didn't, then it should be cool
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Ctemi(f): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
There is nothing bad for them coming 2geda again@least thy ve learn frm their mistakes
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
I am just the type that likes to look at new horizons, so for me it is a "No".
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Syncan(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
saintvc: Just chatted with an elder cousin who is about to be united again with his ex-partner after 7years of divorce. Their marriage lasted 6 years and produced 2 kids.

His reasons were

Family- the kids

Love is strong

His reasons are sound and cogent enough to worth giving it a try. If he said he's out grown his childishness, then he admits to, at least, part of the blame for the divorce in the first place. This is a call for second chance for both, don't we all have times we had wished we had a second chance for something.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by trimandtrendy(f): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
of course. From your post it even seems like he was the one that messed things up. IF love each other, why not?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
pekelepekele: It is not that easy because for me . I will be thinking many things like all these years only God knows how many type of men young and old that might have bleeped her and they might have destroyed the walls , Am sorry if that sounds naughty but that is just me am the jealous type and I always think things through before doing them .

Another is this , Your friend that wants her man back after 7years of breakup .,Are you sure that this man for the past 7 years there really isn't any other woman that have kids for him or some other hidden relationship . 7 years no be joke.

HOW OLD ARE YOU PLEASE?
These words feel like a 12 year old's.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother Is An Acoholic, I Need Help! / You Wear Your Wedding Gown To Divorce In Ghana. / Paid To Do It But Fail To Make His Friend's Wife Pregnant After 72 Attempts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.