Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse (8767 Views)

Wedlock Of The Ghost: Remarry Your Dead Wife Or Lose Your Children / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

HOW OLD ARE YOU PLEASE?
These words feel like a 12 year old's.... lipsrsealed

Why does that sound like a 12 year old?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sagamite: I am just the type that likes to look at new horizons, so for me it is a "No".

Are you from Sagamu, Ogun State?

So you'll change women like clothes?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

Are you from Sagamu, Ogun State?

So you'll change women like clothes?

Is Jesus an Isrealite?

So what if I change women like clothes?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by 5much(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
if d love is still there, why not.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sagamite:
Is Jesus an Isrealite?

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
5much: if d love is still there, why not.

The thing is the love will even be greater, its gonna be live the movies.. grin
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by CrazyMan(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
gandkiss: IF I CAN MARRY HER ONCE,I CAN DO IT AGAIN

Table Leg :
Maybe!
Same here
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Why does that sound like a 12 year old?

You could as well say its a must for you to marry a virg*n. Wait O!

Besides why do men feel its okay for them to play and but not women? Abi you want to tell me the guy too wouldn't have sampled some ladies during the break??
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
So that when the same issues that caused the initial divorce crops up I will blame myself for allowing myself to be suckered in and conned a second time?
Tufia
Maybe we can get together and chop ourselves from time to time if the intimacy was good in the marriage.That's about it.

Has anyone here tried to patch up a friendship that has gone south?
How did it work out?
It never works out well,the parties become guarded and on edge ,fake and sooner or later they grow apart
Same thing will happen here.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama: So that when the same issues that caused the initial divorce crops up I will blame myself for allowing myself to be suckered in and conned a second time?
Tufia
Maybe we can get together and chop ourselves from time to time if the intimacy was good in the marriage.That's about it.

Lolz. Na that chop chop go draw you back in. C'mmon give the guy credit for coming back, he certainly now knows he has more need of you than before. If it was to chop, he'd look for other chics now. He don see say something dey missing, and like he said also for the sake of the kids. BABE, is bad to raise kids in a broken home o.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Z8(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Syncan:

His reasons are sound and cogent enough to worth giving it a try. If he said he's out grown his childishness, then he admits to, at least, part of the blame for the divorce in the first place. This is a call for second chance for both, don't we all have times we had wished we had a second chance for something.

Yes 2nd chances are rare,but the way I see it...remember that there was a reason the marriage broke up in the first place. A fight and a divorce are not the same thing.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

You could as well say its a must for you to marry a virg*n. Wait O!

Besides why do men feel its okay for them to play and but not women? Abi you want to tell me the guy too wouldn't have sampled some ladies during the break??

So it is thinking like a 12 year old to want a woman with few sexual partners?

You are foool!

You think like a mental patient!

Don't come down to the real world.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sagamite:

So it is thinking like a 12 year old to want a woman with few sexual partners?

You are foool!

You think like a mental patient!

Don't come down to the real world.

1. I'm not a Fool
2. I'm not a Mental Patient
3. I'm in the real world
4. Smart people make their points known and not reign INSULTS
5. Can you really say fit into nos 1-4? I DOUBT THAT! angry
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

1. I'm not a Fool
2. I'm not a Mental Patient
3. I'm in the real world
4. Smart people make their points known and not reign INSULTS
5. Can you really say fit into nos 1-4? I DOUBT THAT! angry

Smart people quickly spot a foool and let him know he is one without wasting anyone's time.

Stop pulling moronic opinions from your arsse!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
saintvc: Just chatted with an elder cousin who is about to be united again with his ex-partner after 7years of divorce. Their marriage lasted 6 years and produced 2 kids.

His reasons were

Family- the kids

Love is strong

time -he has outgrown his childishness. Moreover, time heals wound

I didn't discourage him but for me NOOOOO. I just cant feed on my vomit.

They should go through some intense counseling and talk about what broke the initial marriage
The statistics on divorce after remarriage to an ex or not is higher at this second missionary journey
The same old demons will surely crop up,how will they handle it?
Personally I believe I only have one shot at marriage
This is it
God being my help I will do whatever is within the bounds of sanity to make it work
God forbid that we part ways but if that happens,I am done .it is hard work and I will not do it again
Then to re marry the same person after parting ways? After giving it my all shocked shocked shocked
There will be nothing else to do,it won't work
I will rather enter convent if they will accept me

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by iyaayi(f): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
My husband and I remarried after 9 years divorce!
There was no reason for d divorce, he just abandoned me and our daughter. I never remarried and we hv anoda son together after d remarriage!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Smart people quickly spot a foool and let him know he is one without wasting anyone's time.

Stop pulling moronic opinions from your arsse!

wooooooo! The way you're going, it could lead to an accident. Either vehicle (just hope you're not driving) or home. What actually controls u??
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
iya ayi: My husband and I remarried after 9 years divorce!
There was no reason for d divorce, he just abandoned me and our daughter. I never remarried and we hv anoda son together after d remarriage!

Is there another wife too and the man is now shuttling between you two?

Be sincere because that is common in Nigeria
A man walks off on his wife and marries another then he returns to his willing wife because he knows he can and at the same time still entangled elsewher
e
Playing two women like ping pong

I could never accept a man who abandoned me with an infant for 9 years
He could do it again
Doesn't that scare you?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

They should go through some intense counseling and talk about what broke the initial marriage
The statistics on divorce after remarriage to an ex or not is higher at this second missionary journey
The same old demons will surely crop up,how will they handle it?
Personally I believe I only have one shot at marriage
This is it
God being my help I will do whatever is within the bounds of sanity to make it work
God forbid that we part ways but if that happens,I am done .it is hard work and I will not do it again
Then to re marry the same person after parting ways? After giving it my all shocked shocked shocked
There will be nothing else to do,it won't work
I will rather enter convent if they will accept me

Lolz Blood covenant? Insurance to Bhadt! grin
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by agitator: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu: It depends on the circumstances surrounding the initial breakup

If it was due to childishness and some minor issues then I would consider coming back

But if the initial breakup was bordering on issues like infidelity, domestic violence and other serious issues I would advise not

And the cliche of not going back to your vomit is nonsense

If you used to work with a company left them and years later they gave you a very good offer would you also use that cliche?

correct wink
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Seun: @saintvc: You say you can't return to your own vomit. Would you rather return to someone else's vomit? "The devil you know is better than ..."
+1000
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by hizaya61(m): 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
on one condition if she dey the way i leave her, so to confirm that i have to check her first for one week
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

Please, does that mean u don't make wrong decisions? U no be God now. God is the only one who never changes...

U're right bro but whats wrong with always been right?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Make them go do HIV test o
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Akporugo247: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lol lng story!
Dell Reviews
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

wooooooo! The way you're going, it could lead to an accident. Either vehicle (just hope you're not driving) or home. What actually controls u??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOvclo32DQ
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by kaboninc(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
iya ayi: My husband and I remarried after 9 years divorce!

Testimony!!!

@baby_mama....I think when you begin to view life from different perspective and also have experiences, you'll know that things which you're so sure are impossible will surprise you.

Things happen!!!
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
kaboninc:

Testimony!!!

@baby_mama....I think when you begin to view life from different perspective and also have experiences, you'll know that things which you're so sure are impossible will surprise you.

Things happen!!!

I wish she answered my question,is she still his only wife?
What is the testimony
That women are desperate beings that will easily take back a man that walks out on her and runs around for 9 years before finding his way back home?
Will you take back a wife that runs off and returns to you after 9 years?
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

I wish she answered my question,is she still his only wife?
What is the testimony
That women are desperate beings that will easily take back a man that walks out on her and runs around for 9 years before finding his way back home?
Will you take back a wife that runs off and returns to you after 9 years?

^^^^ lol grin grin that's very difficult to answer I guess esp in Nigerian society , wetin? even anywhere on the globe sef...

But truth be told .... it's a very tough situation as a whole.

I'm talking bout starting over on a clean slate.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by armyofone(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
If he become rich, why not. But if no money, that na another matter grin maybe the love no intoxicate me well well.
Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by charlsecy4(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
saintvc: I just cant feed on my vomit.

That line is too meaningless!

1 Like

Re: Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse by babymama3: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
jidegirl12:

^^^^ lol grin grin that's very difficult to answer I guess esp in Nigerian society , wetin? even anywhere on the globe sef...

But truth be told .... it's a very tough situation as a whole.

I'm talking bout starting over on a clean slate.

The man most likely ran off with another woman and maybe some few others ,things didn't work out there and he returns to a wife that is just too happy to have him back.
I have a relative that accepted her husband under similar circumstances and people were shouting praise da Lord that he has returned to his wife,devil has been defeated
I said odiegwu
I said count me out in this kain 419 marriage,I advised her not to take him back but I guess the 419 love was already in the air.
He strung both women along
2 years after,they are separated again.

Another ,a friend this time ,her husband disappeared to another geopolitical zone sef with another woman ,returned after 3 years .when they gave me testimony how God worked wonders,I said let us watch and see na. grin
No do no do he ran off again and started making babies with another woman and now that he is sick,he has suddenly repented so that his real wife will nurse him to health.I told her she is a good woman.A man I did not enjoy when his body was whole and all his parts were functioning,I will start taking care off in sickness
Me?
Impossicant
Let his baby mamas handle him in sickness
Not my portion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Wear Your Wedding Gown To Divorce In Ghana. / My Wife's English Is Terrible! / We Need Marriage Counselors In Nigeria Please. No More P And E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.