Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) (46647 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos / Photo of GEJ sitted on the seat at UN Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: i dont know how that's done but i could inquire from my account officer if you mean it. anyway this is aliyu jodi. did anyone notice how empty and dry our gutters are?

^^^You can enquire, but i don't think one needs a Nigerian bank acc' for moneygram or western union; so i suppose all i need is your full name and city (which i presume is Sokoto), and you should get feedback via your email on or by Monday next week.

Cheers.

PS- what was the reason you gave for the sparse traffic and people in the pics?.....were the pics taken during jumat service?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Ddaji(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
@OP thanks for your sincere assessment of sokoto and your positive comments.iam from sokoto,Dogondaji presently working in Abuja.Honestly iam humble by your good attitude.I remember there is a time that one guy open thread on why northerners are under represented on nairaland.But with all honestly there are many northerners in nairaland as dormant members bcs we take nairaland as a forum for display of bad upbringing of southerners,which is not our culture.many bigots southerners will tell you that northerners are illitrates.But the question How what is the yardstick?are southern lagislators more educated then northern legislators?Are southern governors more educated then their north counterpart,are southern ministers,head of government agencies or civil servant more active or educated then their northern counterpart .Dangote,dantata,samaila isah and many others are they from moon?they have thousands sourtherns in their payroll.The number of churches in sokoto alone are morethan the number of mosques in the whole south-south and south east combine.so what are they talking about.I have been to these city lagos,ibadan,akure,portharcout,calabar.uyo(where I did my nysc),owerri,onisha,asaba,enugu,aba, etc.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Anybaba: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ddaji: @OP thanks for your sincere assessment of sokoto and your positive comments.iam from sokoto,Dogondaji presently working in Abuja.Honestly iam humble by your good attitude.I remember there is a time that one guy open thread on why northerners are under represented on nairaland.But with all honestly there are many northerners in nairaland as dormant members bcs we take nairaland as a forum for display of bad upbringing of southerners,which is not our culture.many bigots southerners will tell you that northerners are illitrates.But the question How what is the yardstick?are southern lagislators more educated then northern legislators?Are southern governors more educated then their north counterpart,are southern ministers,head of government agencies or civil servant more active or educated then their northern counterpart .Dangote,dantata,samaila isah and many others are they from moon?they have thousands sourtherns in their payroll.The number of churches in sokoto alone are morethan the number of mosques in the whole south-south and south east combine.so what are they talking about.I have been to these city lagos,ibadan,akure,portharcout,calabar.uyo(where I did my nysc),owerri,onisha,asaba,enugu,aba, etc.

Comment on the pictures and stop insulting people. Nonsense.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Ddaji(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
@anybaba who insult you?that is typical character of a southerner.so is a crime to tell you sincere feeling of an ordinary northerner.I blame myself for commenting on this topic.goodnyt
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by anonimi: 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: We need to kill most of the people incharge of Works and Sanitation in many states.. This pictures would have looked alot nicer if only they were swept clean.. Thats what makes Calabar different from other states, their roads are swept twice daily.

Sanitation and cleaning of streets is mostly that of the LGAs.
But those guys are sleeping on duty along with their counterparts in the state and federal legislative houses. And it does not amtter whether they are in PDP or the so called "opposition" parties.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Roseart: shymexx:
Not that many? Crime has gone down in NYC dramatically since the 90's, its one of the safest cities of its size to live in.

Perhaps, by American standard - however, NYC is still as violent as ever... NYC will always NYC and with bloods and crips running around everywhere from the Bronx, Brooklyn, Harlem to Queens - the future of NY looks bleak... By 2020, 1 in 3 black people in America will have a criminal record and with NYC being one of the places with the highest concentration of black people - NYC and safe should never be in the same sentence...

I heard you they are still shooting at cops from the roof-tops, no?? grin NYC is supposed to have gone soft after Daz and Kurupt kicked down all the buildings... grin

I didn't say I cared who you spoke to, but you said none of your immediate family is in Nigeria, which is highly unlikely.

I guess my definition of "immediate family" is difficult from yours then... I'm not an illusionist, I do real things - and I definitely can't classify people I have absolutely no relationship whatsoever with as my immediate family...

Never for one day have I ever said I was Nigerian American. You can search through all my posts on this site and you will never see me ever say such a thing.

Stay deceiving yourself - I don't care if you're "avatar" or a cone-head from planet X... It's the internet, anyone can claim anything they want, however, knowledgeable people should be able to discern who the frauds are.. undecided

Blyss is AA, because I'm familiar with him from another site where he also had multiple ids grin

If blyss is AA, then I'm from planet Nibiru... undecided

I also post in the Enugu thread, am I fixated on Enugu too and from Enugu?

Enugu is the pride of Igbo and almost all Igbos on this forum are fixated on the thread...

Not really, the BBC talks about a lot of different things besides business. FT primary focus is business. If I'm not big on business, FT is not on my list of magazines to read. I am familiar with Forbes and Economist because they often have topics on Africa, which interests me, it also helps that in my area at least for Forbes is definitely out on display in the stores. FT is not the most important magazine in the world and some of the same information they write about can be found everywhere on the internet. Not knowing the NYT is a different case altogether cool Even if you have never read it you must know it cheesy

How limited your thinking must be to think because I don't read one brand of financial magazine my knowledge is limited. You act as though Bloomberg, CNBC, and God knows whatelse is not available. Maybe I should call your blackness into question because you don't read the latest issues of Black Enterprise?

If you pride yourself in being a knowledgeable person, then you should know about the most widely read business newspaper in the world... Heck, FT has more topics about Africa than Forbes and Economist combined!! It just shows that your knowledge is limited..

Its the peak of winter here in my area and there is no snow. NYC is in the middle of winter and there is no snow on the ground yet. January is smack dab in the middle of "snow season" and its been snow-free. So what exactly is your point? Some of the pics look like they are in the late afternoon a time that people in warm to hot climates come out unless they live in Dubai. So what is the excuse now?

We're not even at the peak of winter yet... Are you sure you live in America?? grin

And do you know how hot Northern Nigeria is?? undecided

You mean everywhere that is not London cheesy Lord knows there is nothing to do outside of London, why bother to come out grin

Perhaps that's also a reason why people stay indoors in Sokoto as well...

Lol nobody is checking for those cities, London is the sole major city of the UK. Period. Everything in the UK is in London. Sure is that why no one ever really mentions them when we talk about the UK?

Nah, no one in America(the home of the dumbest and most ignorant people on the planet) is checking for those cities... What do you expect from people who can't list five countries on this planet?? How many Americans know the difference between United Kingdom and Great Britain?? No one cares about Americans, to be honest... Expecting Americans to know anything is like expect a freaking barbie doll to speak... grin

How is Brookly a shytehole some of the most historic events and people of NY are in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the home to many of the Manhattan workers. Its also the home of a new Basketball team and stadium grin NYC is the city and Bronx is a borough, and no its not forgotten there are well to do areas in the Bronx. Without Manhattan, much of the same services would probably be in Brooklyn, I don't know why you think Manhattan is some special place. Before Manhattan, NYC was a major port hub (still is) and had many other industries (fishing, mills, manufacturing), Manhattan is icing on the cake. If Manhattan ceased to exist today Brooklyn would probably pick up the slack due to its proximity and life will go on.

Brooklyn has always been a cesspit ridden with pimps, thugs, mafias, gangsters, and drug dealers!! Most Manhattan workers reside there because it's cheaper to live there...

No one talks about the UK SOHO in America at least, if you mention SOHO here it means NYC, period. SoHo NYC is an Art district that used to be a manufacturing district,Soho London was known to be a intimacy shop and entertainment district and is now a shopping district. They have similar names because...I don't know..British people had colonies over here tongue Strange to think they wouldn't carry somethings across the Atlantic.

Keep your bootleg SOHO, the real SOHO is where everyone cares about... There's only one SOHO and it's in West End!!

Sure she does, I'm sure the Queen wields a lot of power as a ceremonial monarch. Which is the reason why like Canada we have her picture on our money instead Of Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson grin

I don't even like celebrating the British Monarchy thing, however, you'd be surprised that the woman isn't a ceremonial monarch - she's still the head of Canada, Caribbean countries(former British colonies), commonwealth, Australia, New Zealand etc... She's also subtly the head of US of A - go ask Obama!
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 12:00am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]

Perhaps, by American standard - however, NYC is still as violent as ever... NYC will always NYC and with bloods and crips running everywhere from the Bronx, Brooklyn, Harlem to Queens, the future of NY looks bleak... By 2020, 1 in 3 black people in America will have a criminal records and with NYC being one of the places with the highest concentration of black people - NYC and safe should never be in the same sentence...

According to you? Because you are the standard we go by? grin

I heard you they are still shooting at cops from the roof-tops, no?? grin NYC is supposed to have gone soft after Daz and Kurupt kicked down all the buildings... grin

Never heard of that.

I guess my definition of "immediate family" is difficult from yours then... I'm not an illusionist, I do real thing - and I definitely can't classify people I have absolutely no relationship whatsoever with as my immediate family...

You could have said that instead of screaming your head off at me.

Stay deceiving yourself - I don't care if you're "avatar" or a cone-head from planet X... It's the internet, anyone can claim anything they want, however, knowledgeable people should be able to discern who the frauds are.. undecided

Well so far you have been wrong on my ethnicity grin

If blyss is AA, the I'm from planet Nibiru... undecided
I swear to God he is grin

Enugu is the pride of Igbo and almost all Igbos all this forum are fixated on the thread...

But Idi whatever was in that thread numerous times, is she Igbo too grin

If you pride yourself in being a knowledge person, then you should about the most widely read business newspaper in the world... Heck, FT have more topics about Africa than Forbes and Economist combined!! It just shows that your knowledge is limited..

Key word business. I'm not a business person beyond my own personal finances, what goes on in China is not of interest to me at this stage in my life, therefore the FT would be of no use to me. I should force myself to read it? Am I being paid.

We're not even at the peak of winter yet... Are you sure you live in America?? grin

Winter here is from December to early February. Winter is not the same for everyone everywhere you know. Or are you going to tell people in Florida they are not in Winter.

And do you know how hot Northern Nigeria is?? undecided

Because I've been to Nigeria and also know how to google smiley

Perhaps that's also a reason why people stay indoors in Sokoto as well...

Nah, no one in America(the home of the dumbest and most ignorant people on the planet) is checking for those cities... What do you expect from people who can't name five countries on this planet?? How many Americans know the difference between United Kingdom and Great Britain?? No one cares about Americans, to be honest... Expecting Americans to know anything is like expect a freaking barbie doll to speak... grin

Foreigners are located mostly in London, outside of London its definitely more white. Am I lying tongue grin

Nigeria, Kenya, China, Tokyo, and India. 5 wink

United Kingdom includes Ireland, Wales, and etc. Great Britain was the island London is located on.

Barbie dolls do speak grin

Brooklyn has always been a cesspit ridden with pimps, thugs, mafias, gangsters, and drug dealers!! Most Manhattan workers reside there because it's cheaper to live there...

Not really rent is high in Brooklyn too. Compared to Manhattan its not as bad but its not cheap unless you live in rent controlled housing.
Just like London has been a diseased and crime ridden place home to the Notorious Jack the Ripper grin

Keep your bootleg SOHO, the real SOHO is where everyone cares about... There's only one SOHO and it's in West End!!
Once again, according to you. International art collectors host shows in "fake" Soho with no problem. Maybe its just you kiss

I don't even like celebrating the British Monarchy thing, however, you'd be surprised that the woman isn't a ceremonial monarch - she's still the head of Canada, Caribbean countries(former British colonies), commonwealth, Australia, New Zealand etc... She's also subtly the head of US of A - go ask Obama!

You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Does the Queen of today have even a tenth of the power Queen Victoria of yore had? Think on that.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Ilaje44(m): 12:04am On Jan 04, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So how can one send (donate) something from abroad?.....Moneygram?

Try this people! They are much much cheaper than moneygram. They send directly to an account in Nigeria. I have used them severally.They accept credit card and in Europe I believe also wired bank transfer. However, you can only send a maximum of Euro 400,00 per day if I am not erring. I see now that you can not use them if you are in the States.

https://www.worldremit.com/en/home
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 04, 2013
You don't even know the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom smh...

I'm not surprised, anyway... grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 12:59am On Jan 04, 2013
shymexx: You don't even know the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom smh...

I'm not surprised, anyway... grin

Should I care grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 04, 2013
Roseart:

Should I care grin

You definitely need to care if you want an Idris Elba-esque guy like me... grin

Just ask questions and I'll explain the difference between the two... wink

I probably also know more about America than you do... I should anyway since I lecture Americans all over the web about their country all the time... grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 1:50am On Jan 04, 2013
shymexx:

You definitely need to care if you want an Idris Elba-esque guy like me... grin

Just ask questions and I'll explain the difference between the two... wink

I probably also know more about America than you do... I should anyway since I lecture Americans all over the web about their country all the time... grin

You thought Native Americans have relevance in the US, that alone says you have no clue about this country. NA have it worse than everyone in this country tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 04, 2013
Roseart:

You thought Native Americans have relevance in the US, that alone says you have no clue about this country. NA have it worse than everyone in this country tongue

Oh well - this shows you don't anything about America... And as long as the UN charter about the indigenous people remains valid, Native Americans will always be the most relevant Americans... Heck, they even have their own international passports! grin

How come the "almighty" US with its big guns didn't stop them from creating a separate identity for themselves within the same country I dare any other group in America to try the same thing and see if the FBI won't be all up in their ar.ses...

*Lecturing Crayola1 about America* tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 2:11am On Jan 04, 2013
shymexx:

Oh well - this shows you don't anything about America... And as long as the UN charter about the indigenous people remains valid, Native Americans will always be the most relevant Americans... Heck, they even have their own international passports! grin

How come the "almighty" US with its big guns didn't stop them from creating a separate identity for themselves within the same country I dare any other group in America to try the same thing and see if the FBI won't be all up in their ar.ses...

*Lecturing Crayola1 about America* tongue

Well not many of them seem to be snapping up these passports (which do not exist for the American ones at least) cheesy If you are relevant shouldn't you be able to demand change that benefits your group? Native Americans are the poorest and most neglected minorities in the US, even Blacks and Hispanics do better than them in all indices.

Actually Native Americans in some cases were forced to assimilate, it was only with the civil rights movement of the 60's that Native Americans have begun to reclaim their heritage. You are allowed to create your own identity in the US as long as it doesn't break any laws. Which is why the KKK as long as the seek permission before hand are allowed to march and say hateful things in public. The FBI only bothers you when your actions will cause harm to the public.

Anyway, this is not what this thread is about so I'll stop interrupting it smiley
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 04, 2013
....Take away Manhattan, Westchester ,Nassau, Suffolk County and New York City is Dump.

The London Bloke is 100% Accurate with that Assessment.

A Comment i often clown fellow New Yorkers about myself.

New York City Minus Manhattan and Long Island is nothing more than a cesspool crime ridden dump.

#Truth

..Especially the Bronx and Urban Areas of Brooklyn....Absolute Filth, I don't even wear New Footwear When i visit my Jump Offs in Brooklyn.

Too Much Ground Filth and Dead Bodies to Rummage Through.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote
author=murtalaa]INNO YOU ARE THE TYPE FRIEND I WANT TO MAKE FROM THE
SOUTH. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CONTACT NUMBER THROUGH PM. WE GO JAM WHEN
NEXT I AM IN TOWN[/quote] hmmn, hope you'll arrange something for me?lol,anyway here's ma number 08187771522. i'm leaving by end of january for Unizik. will u be in town before then?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote
author=PROUD-IGBO]

^^^You can enquire, but i don't think one needs a Nigerian bank acc' for
moneygram or western union; so i suppose all i need is your full name
and city (which i presume is Sokoto), and you should get feedback via
your email on or by Monday next week.

Cheers.

PS- what was the reason you gave for the sparse traffic and people in
the pics?.....were the pics taken during jumat service?[/quote] ok then, in that case i'll email you my info later. i took most of the pic on holidays and sundays.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 04, 2013
on the Alu bridge

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 04, 2013
more of fodio road

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 04, 2013
that building in the distance was IBB's campaign office during 2011 genera election

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 04, 2013
NNPC roundabout

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 04, 2013
Sokoto Central Market, the largest in NW Nigeria

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 04, 2013
CBN under reconstruction

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 04, 2013
Do you remember that police station that was bombed mid last year here it is unguwar rogo division

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 04, 2013
that little building you see in the distance was almost completely leveled down. the shop was a ladies saloon and i knew the Gal that ran the shop. thank God she wasnt hurt

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 04, 2013
Mr biggs on zoo lane

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Nice job INNO..
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Dogon daji house

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 04, 2013
this is old market, the area is to Sokoto what Alaba is to Lagos or Onitsha to Anambra. nearly 40% of all business transaction in Sokoto take place here. the area is just a stone throw from the sultan palace

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 04, 2013
where are those saying there are no churches in Skt? this is the Anglican communion

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by OgidiBoy(m): 4:04am On Jan 04, 2013
Nice pictures I've never traveled that far north before, I used to think sokoto was all desert with little or no vegetation with camels and

cattle freely grazing.I guess I was wrong.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 04, 2013
this is the Church i've worshipped in for the past 18 years that i was born in Skt. holy family catholic Cathedral

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Of Nigerian Politicians / Original Photos Of The Pictures On Naira Notes / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.