Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) (46663 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos / Photo of GEJ sitted on the seat at UN Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 04, 2013
sultan Maccido mosque in Emir yahaya

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 04, 2013
entering GRA through the back door. i took the pics on a hazy day

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 04, 2013
closing in on houses

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 04, 2013
and

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 04, 2013
this is the most respected house in GRA owned by a commisioner, it has three gates, a mosque and dozens of CCTV's.

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 04, 2013
another luxurious house, this one is owned by a businessman

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 04, 2013
hmmmn Hausa people get taste ooo. this house is owned by the father of the 3rd(or 2nd) richest man in Sokoto. rahamaniyya oil and gas. i was in dsame class with one of his sons. bashar, the guy was so extravagant. he once gave a guy a laptop just for showing him answer in a mathematical exam

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 04, 2013
more

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 04, 2013
and

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 04, 2013
the only house that wouldnt strike you as the house of a big man is this house. you wouldnt believe this is the house of our Former president (Shehu shagari) the man doesnt give a damn about luxury

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 04, 2013
new buildings spring up almost on daily basis

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Sokoto state library

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 04, 2013
Kofar Aliyu jodi

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 04, 2013
Old market round

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 04, 2013
this is the black smith market also known as 'Kara'

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 04, 2013
And this is meeeeeeeeee. holla if u think u've seen me b4 somwehere in Soktown!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ proud igbo i enquired from i acct officer. He said all i need give you is my full name( the one i used in opening the account). That's all. It's INNOCENT PETER OKONKWO.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
Rahamanniya plaza

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
From what i've seen on this thread, Sokoto has very good and spacious roads which is common place in the North unlike the south. But it seems there no no structures to support these roads. Looking at the sides of the roads, you won't seem any structure of note. I think the south has more structures than the North but the North has better roads, bridges etc.

Welldone @INNO18

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Crayola1, Roseart or stillwater

Three cops got shot in 3rd world NYC yesterday by thugs... grin

Topic:

Sokoto looks lovely...
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva: From what i've seen on this thread, Sokoto has very good and spacious roads which is common place in the North unlike the south. But it seems there no no structures to support these roads. Looking at the sides of the roads, you won't seem any structure of note. I think the south has more structures than the North but the North has better roads, bridges etc.

Welldone @INNO18
THANK YOU SIR i Never knew you were following the thread all along. But there's one thing i want you and everybody to Understand, and i've said it several times, i took this pictures mostly on Sundays, on Xmass and the last batch were taking on new year day. Soktown is mostly dry and empty on sundays, as civil servants( excluding medical) stay @ home, and Igbo's largely observe sabbath, reducing the towns popualtion further. The only area that is never affected in Sokoto on A sunday is Old market. That's why most of my pics are empty. On xmass day movenents was limited by the Army and police, thus most people chose to stay indoors, the same thing applied to the New year. As for the issue of Development, sokoto is not the type of town you'd expect to see Skyscrapers. Developments here is brief.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
INNO18: THANK YOU SIR i Never knew you were following the thread all along. But there's one thing i want you and everybody to Understand, and i've said it several times, i took this pictures mostly on Sundays, on Xmass and the last batch were taking on new year day. Soktown is mostly dry and empty on sundays, as civil servants( excluding medical) stay @ home, and Igbo's largely observe sabbath, reducing the towns popualtion further. The only area that is never affected in Sokoto on A sunday is Old market. That's why most of my pics are empty. On xmass day movenents was limited by the Army and police, thus most people chose to stay indoors, the same thing applied to the New year. As for the issue of Development, sokoto is not the type of town you'd expect to see Skyscrapers. Developments here is brief.
Thst's what i'm saying. Those roads and bridges will be very sweet if there were skyscrapers and tall building in sokoto. I just think sokoto is a livable city.

Btw, how's the security situation over there? Any bokoharam?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by nduchucks: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva:
Thst's what i'm saying. Those roads and bridges will be very sweet if there were skyscrapers and tall building in sokoto. I just think sokoto is a livable city.

Sokoto is one of the most secure and peaceful cities in Nigeria. Your chances of dying in a road accident,from police stray bullets, or at the hands of armed robbers or kidnappers are quite small compared to comparable cities south of the Niger and Benue rivers. BH is not very active in Sokoto, the group knows that the day they carry out attacks in Sokoto will mark the end of their existence.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva:

Nah, there's nothing like BH, that's simply because the people here dont want to suffer the way the inhabitants of Maiduguri and Yobe are now(Curfew,Indiscriminate killings by the Army that is meant to protect. Etcetra.) the only problem we experience here, and it's on RARE occasions, emphasis on RARE, is religious intolerance. You can joke with an Hausa man, insult him or even beat him,but pleaaaaasssseee dont go near his religion else he'll show that part of him you never knew existed. I fell victim once. It
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by niggadee(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
BH home town
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
shymexx: Crayola1, Roseart or stillwater

Three cops got shot in 3rd world NYC yesterday by thugs... grin

Topic:

Sokoto looks lovely...

Crayola is Roseart (its a type of art product cheesy)

They were in the line of duty and it was one person. In 9th world London gang members killed a innocent Ghanaian guy over mistaken identity.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by mensdept: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Among the best cities in the Muslim region of the world, Sokoto is dead shyyt. Yet people who have low expectations are so proud of the roads and this place. There's nothing in these thousands of pics that suggest that its the place too be even in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Roseart:
Crayola is Roseart (its a type of art product cheesy)

They were in the line of duty and it was one person. In 9th world London gang members killed a innocent Ghanaian guy over mistaken identity.

Hmmmmmmm @the first sentence... angry

However, there are no cop killers out here... Don't let me dig up the murder rate in NYC - people can't even walk around most parts of Brooklyn(Brownsville, Flatbush, East New York, Bushwick, Bed Stuy, and Crown Heights) without getting robbed... Stapleton makes Staten Island look like Somalia.. Don't even get me started on Bronx, Harlem, and Queens... grin

Enough of derailing the young doozy's thread - open a thread in the culture section, I want to tell you a great super-story... wink tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
INNO18: Nah, there's nothing like BH, that's simply because the people here dont want to suffer the way the inhabitants of Maiduguri and Yobe are now(Curfew,Indiscriminate killings by the Army that is meant to protect. Etcetra.) the only problem we experience here, and it's on RARE occasions, emphasis on RARE, is religious intolerance. You can joke with an Hausa man, insult him or even beat him,but pleaaaaasssseee dont go near his religion else he'll show that part of him you never knew existed. I fell victim once. It

^^^You forgot to add....and don't go into his house where his wives and daughters are (Ba Shiga), or else he'll pursue you and your randy intentions back to Igboland with a matchete! shocked

PS- i saw you post with the details.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by eaglechild: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
OP well done.
They seem to be obsessed with round abouts.
Very elaborate decorations on them.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
mens dept: Among the best cities in the Muslim region of the world, Sokoto is dead shyyt. Yet people who have low expectations are so proud of the roads and this place. There's nothing in these thousands of pics that suggest that its the place too be even in Nigeria.

Where do you live?? Arizona desert looks worse than this - and don't even get me started on how dead Iowa, Alaska, Portland etc. are.. Most cities in Europe look dead as well... undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by eaglechild: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
What's with these unfortunate immigrants trying to derail this thread nah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jide Awolowo And Jibola Ajayi Among Osinbajo's 35 Aides Sacked By Buhari / APC Makes U-turn, Accepts Saraki As Senate President / Fani-kayode Pictured With His Son And Girlfriend, Precious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.