Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here (2651 Views)

Mothers Day Sayings For This Mothers Day / Happy Mothers Day Quotes And Sayings / How Do You Call It In Your Mother Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by britgirlee(f): 4:13am On Feb 23, 2008
Mothers day is on March 2nd although every day is mothers day this special day is a time for you to show your God felt gratitude for the person who brought you into this world!! kiss kiss kiss

My mother I have so many God felt words of deep love gratitude , admiration and above all a never ending dept of knowledge instilled into me,

Love you today amd always as every day is Mothers day, kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by almondjoy(f): 11:27am On Feb 23, 2008
Love you mommy!  Thank you for being ma best friend and being there for me during those hard times, for they have been so many.  Without you, I could never learn to be a good wife to a good man or a good mother to good kids. You are ma honorable blueprint for the happy person I am today and will always be.  Just as you were a good wife to a good man,  I learned all the ropes from you and through it all. . . . . .you always made me know how special I was to you as your first child and first daughter.

If I were asked to qualify or quantify your worth--words and gifts would never do enough justice.  All I can say is thank God I came from you and no other! Thank you also for always making our daddy a proud man--even when things were extremely difficult! I am so glad he never married another because he realized how special you are.  He worships you like his queen. 

You are the wind beneath ma wings. . . . .thanks for being there always,

Especially, financially! cheesy

BTW, you are the most beautiful mom in this world that I know of. 

In dedication to ma  "Sweet Mother"! I love you very much. cry

I play "Sweet Mother" by Prince Nico  Mbarga!

RENDITION BY TILDA AND ROCAFIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPw1S1RNECU

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

Love you mommy, till death separates us! Now it ma turn to take care of you and I can only try to measure up to you.  Please do not be disappointed. kiss

Seun (m)
Ogun State, Nigeria

'Sweet Mother', by Prince Nico Mbarga. the lyrics.
« #1 on: April 06, 2005, 02:19 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Mother
Sweet mother I no go forget you
for the suffer wey you suffer for me.

Sweet mother I no go forget you

When I dey cry, my mother go carry me--she go say,
'my pikin', wetin you dey cry ye, ye,
stop stop, stop stop make you no cry again oh."

When I won sleep, my mother go pet me,
she go lie me well well for bed,
she cover me cloth, sing me to sleep,
"sleep sleep my pikin oh."

When I dey hungry, my mother go run up and down.
she go find me something when I go chop oh.

Sweet mother I no go forget you for the suffer wey you suffer for me

When I dey sick, my mother go cry, cry, cry,
she go say instead when I go die make she die.

O, she go beg God,
"God help me, God help, my pikin oh."

If I no sleep, my mother no go sleep,
if I no chop, my mother no go chop, she no dey tire oh.

Sweet mother I no go forget you,

You fit get another wife, you fit get another husband,
but you fit get another mother? No!

And if I forget you, therefore I forget my life and the air I breathe.

And then on to you men, forget, verily, forget your mother,
for if you forget your mother you've lost your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by tpia: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2008
AJ, e be like say your mom fine pass you o. cool

Sorry but that's my observation. No be say you no fine but you know how it is. cool
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by almondjoy(f): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2008
tpia:

AJ, e be like say your mom fine pass you o. cool

Sorry but that's my observation. No be say you no fine but you know how it is. cool

Infact, she beat all of we 6 kids hands down. Na ma papa blood we carry ooooooooooooh! grin

Anyway--no probs! Make she carry go! cheesy
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by pahtahkee: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2008
My mother! Beyond how much words I can summon from the dictionary. An epitome of what a good heart should be. Even when things were rough, she knew how to be strong than ever before.

I promise you mum, I am going to make the Queen of England jealous, wishing she had a son like me. kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 24, 2008
ehrrrrrrrrrm isn't mother's day May 11th? undecided
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by almondjoy(f): 3:33am On Feb 24, 2008
I guess Mother's day is celebrated on different days in different countries. Who knows? undecided  Anyway, mother na mother.  Does not marrrer which day it is celebrated.

Love you mommy! kiss

Like he tells me everyday! cry
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 24, 2008
awwwwwww. . . AJ, that is so precious. . . your mom's pic reminds me of my grandma, been a long time i saw her. . .now i think am crying cry i miss my mom and my grandma o yes i got feelings too
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by almondjoy(f): 4:30am On Feb 24, 2008
morenike09:

awwwwwww. . . AJ, that is so precious. . . your mom's pic reminds me of my grandma, been a long time i saw her. . .now i think am crying cry i miss my mom and my grandma o yes i got feelings too

Yes dear, smiley Just thank God for the memories. They are always special. kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by davidif: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2008
love you mom.
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by britgirlee(f): 7:03am On Feb 25, 2008
morenike09:

ehrrrrrrrrrm isn't mother's day May 11th? undecided

All over the world mothers day is celebrated in march, it so happens in London and some parts of Europe it is celebrated on the 2nd , google and find out!!!!!

But what ever the situtuation its a thread to send your love to your Mum, enjoy thr fun of 'bigging' up your mother show some love girl!! grin
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by ucheuche1(m): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2008
mama, wat would av been without you? my mum is da best mum in d whole wide universe. do i talk of d daily prayers 4 my success n well-being? or is it d monthly supply of food stuffs 4rm home- garri ( 1 ghana-must-go bag ful), dried fish. platain, palm oil, or even d soup wey she cook upt inside flask come give me? as old as i am my mama still dey send me foodstuffs. or do i speak of d daily pieces of advice. she'll say " watever u do. dont 4get God ur creator, always be close 2 him, do not neglect him, always pray n hand over everytin 2 HIM in prayer' etc. so una see? my mama is d best. sue me if u tink otherwise.
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by tRoOE(f): 5:42am On Feb 26, 2008
Her mom you are everything a wife/ mother should be, a strong, loyal, caring and trustworthy woman, I just want take this time to tell you how much I love you.

you are one of the greatest gifts God has given to me, and my sibling, i can't imagine life without you, even though we have our differences sometime, you still love and cared for me like a mother should. No matter how much troubled I’ve putting you through, you are still always there to get my back whenever i need a motherly advice. Have lots counts of those silly fight we have used to have, lol you know your daughter has a strong head and always want things her way, but you took and understood me  kiss kiss kiss

People tell me how lucky to have you as a mother, but I didn't realize it until recently, but am glad you welcomed me back as your daughter, you've told me couples of time how am the apple of your eyes and am glad I am kiss kiss kiss

I pray that some day i would be as strong and hardworking like you to my children/Husband, and give them type of love i was given and even more wink

I will like to take this moment to dedicate this lovely song to her, Happy early Mothers Day  kiss kiss

[center]A song to Mama
[b]You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life, yeah
There isn't anything
Or anyone that I can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
You will always be you always will be the girl
In my life for all times

Chorus:
Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul
Yes it is (5x)

You're always down for me
Have always been around for me even when I was bad
You showed me right from my wrong
Yes you did
And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on
There was so many times
Looking back when I was so afraid
And then you come to me
And say to me I can face anything
And no one else can do
What you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl in my life

Chorus

Never going to go a day without you
Fills me up just thinking of you
I'll never go a day without my mama

Chorus

Yes you are[/b]  kiss kiss kiss kiss[/center]

Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by ayomifull(f): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
My dear mother,

Words can not describle what you are to me you are simply my LIFE because when my father died while i was only 3 months old you decided to not to remarry because you did not want any man to treat me/us like shit, you singlehandedly saw me/us through my/our growing years and education until i/we married my/our best friend.

You were there for me/us and made sure i/we had no ill feellings due to having lost my/our dad as a baby/little kids. You are a great example of what motherhood should be, you have high standard and taught me/us to be independent in anything i/we do.

You gave me/us the best legacy, you are my/our LIFE and i love you so much, little wonder i could not wait until the 3rd of March (mother's day) to present you that beautiful house your being single with no support denied you of having yourself, you prefer to build us to building house.

I love you and will love you even in the grave. Happy mother's day mama mi.
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by ifyalways(f): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
LIES OF MY MOTHER

This story begins when I was a child: I was born poor. Often we  hadn't enough to eat. Whenever we had some food, Mother often gave me her portion of rice. While she was transferring her rice into my bowl, she would say "Eat this rice, my babie! I'm not hungry." This was Mother's First Lie.

As I grew, Mother gave up her spare time to fish in a river near our house; she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could gave me a little bit more  nutritious food for my growth. Once she had caught just two fish, she would make fish soup. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the what was still left on the bone of the fish I had eaten, My heart was touched when I saw it. Once I gave the other fish to her on my chopstick but she immediately refused it and said, "Eat this fish, my queen! I don't really like fish." This was Mother's Second Lie.

Then, in order to fund my education, Mother went to a Match Factory to bring home  some used matchboxes which she filled with fresh matchsticks. This helped her get some money to cover our needs. One cold night I awoke to find Mother filling the matchboxes by candlelight. So I said, "Mother, go to sleep; it's late: you can continue working tomorrow morning." Mother smiled and said "Go to sleep, girl! I'm not tired." This was Mother's Third Lie .

When I had to sit my Final Examination, Mother accompanied me. After dawn, Mother waited for me for hours in the heat of the sun. When the bell rang, I ran to meet her. Mother embraced me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared in a thermos. The tea was not as strong as my Mother's love, seeing Mother covered with perspiration, I at once gave her my glass and asked her to drink too. Mother said "Drink, daughter! I'm not thirsty !this was mothers fourth lie !

YES,MY MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL!

M - O - T - H - E - R: -

" M" is for the million things she gave me,
" O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of  gold,
"E" is for her eyes with love-light shining in them,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER"---  a word that means the world to me.
love you mama ! kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by britgirlee(f): 3:06am On Feb 27, 2008
the testimonies on her are absolutely beautiful,

I cant wait to show my mum on Sunday kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by britgirlee(f): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2008
happy mothers day every one,
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by coolier(f): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2008
Simply the Best!!!
That's my mum.

She joined the Saint's triumphant like they, say some years back. I've missed her every single day since then.

'Maa sun lo laiya Oluwa
Iya mi, Ore mi,
Omo Owa, Omo Ekun,
Eso Obe, 'ra ukoro
Omo a muda pariko
Omo ateni wijo
Omo abeni lori fi yoku ara bora
Omo a gba giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiri jagun
Omo a siju mu gbon adiye tore
Mo fe o, sugbon Oluwa fe o ju mi lo
Sun un re o'

Happy Mothers Day!
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 02, 2008
Maman,
je t'aime
un peu ,
beaucoup, passionnément,
pas du tout,
méchante fleur,
tu mens, j'en suis sûr.

Maman,
je t'aime de tout mon coeur.
merci .
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by britgirlee(f): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2008
Just left my mum, she is truely loved we showered her with gifts and love to see her dance and be with her children and grandchildren was absolutely priceless, how was your Mothers day if you celebrated today,
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by almondjoy(f): 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2008
Just called ma mom and she was delighted. I miss her terribly! Love you mom! kiss
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by Scarlett(f): 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2008
ch hör' meinen Schatz,
Den Hammer er schwinget,
Das rauschet, das klinget,
Das dringt in die Weite
Wie Glockengeläute
Durch Gassen und Platz.

Am schwarzen Kamin,
Da sitzet mein Lieber,
Doch geh' ich vorüber,
Die Bälge dann sausen,
Die Flammen aufbrausen
Und lodern um ihn.

For my mum and her bravery to be with my dad!
Love you1
Re: Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here by darfur(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2008
o mamma cry
may ya gentle soul rest in perfect peace. it's been eleven long year without you undecided
but no tears mama. i'm doing things that would have mde you proud cool
at least 90% of the time wink

ahaaa, granny. . .
more yrs to you grand ma cheesy
more health
may you remain alive till i make small money.
i gotta make you smile b4 you finally go to see the lord wink

(1) (Reply)

Can An African American Get An Igbo Title? / The Ilorin Blot On Yoruba History And The Perfidy Of The British / Yoruba music of Non-Nigerian origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.