Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85826 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: lmao @ phony billion naira waste called e library.

The bogus library said results found to Wole Soyinka and Achebe search.

This has got to be the biggest scam in Naija's history....lmao

Dud, I feel sorry for you. You are still making a fool of yourself abi? It is an e-library, not a website. grin

I know your educational level is not adequate to understand that. lol. The books are not available to everyone online. It is not wikipedia! If you want to use it, go to the library. That is why it is called a library. Or you can register and ask to be given online access and they will give you if it is in line with their policy! I guess all you know is facebook and 2go, you dont know what an e-library is. grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by fashrola(m): 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

All these are probably within the state capital.can we get pictures from other local governments ?
seriously I'm from Akwa Ibom...and I doubt must of those roads are in Uyo...its located in other LGA in Akwa Ibom State...so Almost all d LGA are developed not just d capital city

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
DJTee:

Very fraudulent argument . . .Lagos is overcompensated from the billions in tax revenues derived from the several millions living and working in Lagos. Fact is the bulk of these public assets have not been festooned into some dubious PPP crap to forcibly extract toll, rent or whateva; they have been 100% financed from the public purse . . .end of!

The fraudulent argument is on your side and I'll tell you why and also many folks with your mentality.

Tax revenue, allocations and borrowings are all integral part and components of what you tabulate together to come up with your budget which is ultimately what you have to spend and work with. You can not spend beyond you approved budget unless via special appropriations.

At the end of the day, Akwa with 3 million people and Lagos state with 20 million people have the same budget figures at their disposal to work with, period.

It's not about taxes or IGR, it's always about the budget.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Josh090:
In any case I think the point aribisala and abimbola adelakun (article) was trying to make is that human capital development should come first before building "wonders on earth" in the country.
Its always good to have buildings of international standards but we need to look beyond mere pandering to the citenzry in the name of governance and set them on the path of self reliance through thorough and adequate economic and socio-cultural improvement.

Human capital development is very paramount and I am a big advocate of that. But the way to criticize is, when you see a good thing, you acknowledge it and then demand more. You dont ridicule, scorn and pull down a good thing while claiming to promote another good thing.

Secondly, there are several ways to trigger development. The roads, e-library, sea port, airport, etc are huge opportunities for Nigerians in general and Akwa Ibomites in particular. It will be sad if people cannot take advantage of these facilities on the ground. I see huge potentials, not just fine structures. I will take advantage of some of it myself. I cant dull!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by KnowAll(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2013
We never had Keke Nepap in 1975 during Gowon's time when Nigeria was adjudge as one of d richest nation on earth, nor had all these phoney infrastruture development we now see in Uyo, yet back then, a common brick layer or a hard working campenter can buy a brand new peugot 404 pick-up. Today despite d avalanche of so called infrastruture all we see our people riding are those despicable Keke Nepap.

Do u guys know Indian has been using this peice of shiiit since d 60's now today clueless Nigerians are celeberating an eye-sore. What has happened to d once proud citizens that inhabit that space called Nigeria. We have been beaten, plummelled into submission that if a majority of us are carefully examined more than 80% of us, if not more are psycolologically sick, there are a few very sick people on this site, people who cannot think beyond their nose.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Another Hilarious Developments Thread.

A Picture of an Empty Fuqqing Car Lot.
dey der na dey bomb urselves in d North if u like, most Nigerians have 'fuqqing' MOVED ON!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2013
LAPTOP NUMBER HIV40.

I know you are dumb and daft just like your dumb and daft aso rock drunkard uncle..

Do you not need a website to operate an e library? Where do do you access an e library from if not from a website or your akpabio the con man spent billions on rubbish and your drunkard uncle commissioned rubbish with links to external e libraries like wiki that every sunmola in the world have access to via google which is exactly what they did.

The page I posted was their catalog page and it was non functional, there is nothing their, it's empty. The only functional link there is the list of external libraries which like I said are available to everybody with google access.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile: This is it? Is this what's in that state? Is this what you people make noise about all the time? This is very shameful and disappointing coming from a state with so much cash and resources with little responsibilities.

smh...

My Bro/Sis (whichever one), just take a two-day trip to AKS and I can bet you'll keep ur mouth open in awe for as long as 30mins or more without knowing. Then when u get back to Lag, (if u ever choose to), i swear Fashola's office would be ur next stop to tell him these words "Oga u never try reach oooooooooooooo".

P.S: I'm not from AKS and I'll be glad to sponsor ur trip/visit there.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 12:34am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

And to complete your circus, you went and quoted an article from premium times, the twin brother to Sahara reporters house of lies! Now that is a perfect example of "Birds of the same feather"! Una fit each other! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oloshi LAPTOP NUMBER HIV40.

Is this from sahara and premium times too.?

I know lying is part of your DNA and your drunken aso rock master too, but the joke is always on you and your crooked masters...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 05, 2013
sarutobie:
You won't regret your decision..lol..people are moving in droves to that land,like moths drawn to a light..who no like better life?

Bro me too dey follow ooo, Plz get me the affordable price of a decent piece of land in a nice area (like 2 plots)
I need to start my next building in AKS or A.I pretty soon, heard its a lot cheaper and peaceful as there are no Omo-Oniles.
And Hey! I am very serious plz mail me lovelynmoses@yahoo.com
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Seriously mehn, I dey vex for this sharing formular o. Like seriously, I am begining to see some reasons with those northerners that oppose any move to further emburse oil producing states; there's is a thin line here between fair and just equitable distribution of funds and bare avarice, greed and unfair distribution especially when one considers the level of development in the Niger Delta area.
As I write, I am going through the summary of GROSS REVENUE ALLOCATION BY FEDERATION ACCOUNT ALLOCATION COMMITTEE FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER, 2011.
To be honest, the sharing formular is a little bit skewed, as much as I support the rehabitation and reparation of oil producing states especially the Niger Delta, I think it is wrong for anyone to further suggest that more allocations be given to these oil producing states especially if one considers that these monies have done little or nothing to address the issues that gave rise to them.
For instance, Bayelsa state with just 8 LGAs recieve about 12.6billion naira monthly yet Bayelsa state can't boast of any visible development.
No doubt, Akwa Ibom has got a facelift from Akpabio but the question is: at what cost? Akwa Ibom gets the highest share of the allocations, about 20billion naira monthly, yet there is NDDC,IGR, Security vote and so on, obviously, his achievments pales in the light of this revelation. 20billion naira monthly is enough to get into heavy projects that will realy affect the lives of akwa ibomites, not some superficial facelift. Thesame goes for Rivers state that gets about thesame amount monthly, PH is rife with bad roads that are getting worse by the day. Delta state is even more sadening, the state gets about 17billion monthly yet, Asaba can't even compare to Enugu that recieves about 4billion naira monthly. What the hell is going on? Even Lagos is not spared, Lagos state gets about 10billion Naira monthly allocation and makes about 20billion naira from IGR yet their debt profile is astronomically high, what exactly are they doing with the huge sums they get monthly? Lagos is even more annoying cos many of the constructions going on are maintenace and rehabilitation, where there is a complete construction, it is usually a Public-private partnership, so where is the money going to?? Mehn na wa o.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 12:45am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Oloshi LAPTOP NUMBER HIV40.

Is this from sahara and premium times too.?

I know lying is part of your DNA and your drunken aso rock master too, but the joke is always on you and your crooked masters...

I will give you the benefit of doubt and repost my last post for you:

Dud, I feel sorry for you. You are still making a fool of yourself abi? It is an e-library, not a website.

I know your educational level is not adequate to understand that. lol. The books are not available to everyone online. It is not wikipedia! If you want to use it, go to the library. That is why it is called a library. Or you can register and ask to be given online access and they will give you if it is in line with their policy! I guess all you know is facebook and 2go, you dont know what an e-library is.

And once again, an e-library and a website are too different things. An e-library doesnt have to be available to everyone on the world wide web. Dud, get some education. grin
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 12:46am On Jan 05, 2013
So every school children in Akwa got to pay N1000 for that con and non functional rubbish that's available on free google? School kids got to pay to use fuckinnngg library?

This is one mean spirited con man. School children paying for what's free
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by naijametro: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2013
Really impressive, the Governor has been doing a great job.
if only the federal roads were that good, fewer deaths on the Nigerian roads.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 12:52am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

I will give you the benefit of doubt and repost my last post for you:

And once again, an e-library and a website are too different things. An e-library doesnt have to be available to everyone on the world wide web. Dud, get some education. grin

Ode liar, who are you giving the benefit of the doubt? You clowns blame all your foolery on sahara and the messengers, but not on your lies and your masters. Now that the proof is in your face you are talking about benefit of the doubt.

Btw, of what use is the phony library if the school children in Akwa have to pay N1000 to use what's available free to any internet user?

Of what use is the phony library if the school children in Akwa have to pay N1000 to use what's available free to any internet user or if it's not available to the people of Akwa?

Shame on you, shame on Akpabio and your aso rock uncle that commissioned this phoney nonsense...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile: Akwa= Same budget like Lagos state

Akwa with only 3 million people and this is all the man has done? Where is the rest of the money?

Don't worry, other states like AKS, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Ondo, Jigawa etc are working hard to improve their states and help Fashola reduce the population in Lagos by at least 50% b4 2015.
I never knew one could survive easily on a min wage of N40K in AKS until my cuz explained it to me, and to think that he's almost completed his building there when I'm still struggling with Omo-Oniles in Lagos on just DPC.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 12:59am On Jan 05, 2013
Gabbysky:

Don't worry, other states like AKS, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Ondo, Jigawa etc are working hard to improve their states and help Fashola reduce the population in Lagos by at least 50% b4 2015.
I never knew one could survive easily on a min wage of N40K in AKS until my cuz explained it to me, and to think that he's almost completed his building there when I'm still struggling with Omo-Oniles in Lagos on just DPC.

And the meaning of this rubbish is?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode liar, who are you giving the benefit of the doubt? You clowns blame all your foolery on sahara and the messengers, but not on your lies and your masters. Now that the proof is in your face you are talking about benefit of the doubt.

Btw, of what use is the phony library if the school children in Akwa have to pay N1000 to use what's available free to any internet user?

Of what use is the phony library if the school children in Akwa have to pay N1000 to use what's available free to any internet user or if it's not available to the people of Akwa?

Shame on you, shame on Akpabio and your aso rock uncle that commissioned this phoney nonsense...

You obviously are a school dropout, if you dont know what an e-library is! lol. Commercial and copyrighted e-books are not available online for free.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/7266433/Google-e-library-ruling-is-delayed.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/6134218/Amazon-attacks-Google-e-books.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/6067230/Google-rivals-oppose-book-project.html

Copyright and licensing
Digital libraries are hampered by copyright law because, unlike with traditional libraries, digital libraries do not have access to works from every time period. The republication of material on the web by libraries may require permission from rights holders, and there is a conflict of interest between libraries and the publishers who may wish to create online versions of their acquired content for commercial purposes. In the year 2010 it was estimated that twenty-three percent of books in existence were created before 1923 and thus out of copyright. Of those printed after this date, only five percent were still in print as of 2010. Thus, approximately seventy-two percent of books were not available to the public

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_library

[size=14pt]Ode!!![/size]
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Roseart: 1:15am On Jan 05, 2013
To be honest I don't know why you are bothering to answer him. Maybe if this was a sincere person asking the question it be worth your time. But in this case Eko Ile is not criticizing because he cares about the citizens of Awka Ibom this is just one loser's attempt to tear down any state that is not Lagos. Awka Ibom could look like Tokyo and he will still find fault it could be that instead of using red bricks to line the sidewalks you used blue, so therefore you are a failure because according to the metrics he pulled out of his a.s.s. red is the standard (Mind you Lagos could be using blue, but its Lagos so it doesn't count grin).

You would think being Fashola's paid b1tch would limit time online but it must be a slow January.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 1:18am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

You obviously are a school dropout, if you dont know what an e-library is! lol. Commercial and copyrighted e-books are not available online for free.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/7266433/Google-e-library-ruling-is-delayed.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/6134218/Amazon-attacks-Google-e-books.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/6067230/Google-rivals-oppose-book-project.html

Copyright and licensing
Digital libraries are hampered by copyright law because, unlike with traditional libraries, digital libraries do not have access to works from every time period. The republication of material on the web by libraries may require permission from rights holders, and there is a conflict of interest between libraries and the publishers who may wish to create online versions of their acquired content for commercial purposes. In the year 2010 it was estimated that twenty-three percent of books in existence were created before 1923 and thus out of copyright. Of those printed after this date, only five percent were still in print as of 2010. Thus, approximately seventy-two percent of books were not available to the public

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_library

[size=14pt]Ode!!![/size]

Retar.ded clown, the fact that some e libraries charge for usage is no news to anybody, the question is, of what use is this e library to the school children and poor people of akwa with little or no internet access talk less subscription money?

So the state is charging N5000 for adults and N1000 for school children and the same adults and school children still have to pay or subscribe to external sites to use their services.?

Now tell me the purpose or benefit of this waste to anybody

Btw, there are tons of free e libraries on the internet so why didn't your crooked smart governor compile a list of the free e libraries on the internet and paste the link on the state's website instead of this waste and phony con game?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile: So every school children in Akwa got to pay N1000 for that con and non functional rubbish that's available on free google? School kids got to pay to use fuckinnngg library?

This is one mean spirited con man. School children paying for what's free

That pales into insignificance when one considers the fact that Fashola increased LASU (Lagos State University) school fees by as much as 1000% from 25,000 to 250,000 and used Mopol with teargas to disperse the students who gathered to protest while Akwa Ibom pays bursary to all it's students in higher institutions across the country.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 1:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

That pales into insignificance when one considers the fact that Fashola increased LASU (Lagos State University) school fees by as much as 1000% from 25,000 to 250,000 and used Mopol with teargas to disperse the students who gathered to protest while Akwa Ibom pays bursary to all it's students in higher institutions across the country.

Quality is better than quantity. LASU remains the best state University in Nigeria.

Yeah, charging school children to use fake library is pal of curse in your con man language.

Btw, we are talking about your scam and phoney e library charging school children N 1000 for for what's available free on the internet.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by akintun: 1:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Nigerians are one of d easiest people to rule. D truth is dat relative to other state gov's, d Akwa Ibom stae gov is trying. I wonder why people are comparing infrastructure in Uyo which is a state capital to infrastructure in d whole Lagos state. Wat about d development in other areas of d state. It would be good to see pictures from there. D money our state gov receive is small, when u compare it to d level of development needed in d country. D previous leaders of dis country have messed up so much dat any serious contractor would include a risk premium into d cost of constructing infrastructure in Nigeria, therefore wat costs 20billion in other countries would most likely cost 50billion in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

And the meaning of this rubbish is?
know it that lots of people are leaving Lagos in droves to other better states.
everything is not about Lagos. its just too over-rated whilst carrying out maintenance jobs simple
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

You really have time for this dude o, let him say whatever he likes, people have seen things for themselves and have long been making informed decision. we need to move many people out of Lagos.
it is well with Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Gabbysky:
know it that lots of people are leaving Lagos in droves to other better states.
everything is not about Lagos. its just too over-rated whilst carrying out maintenance jobs simple

Are you a comedian?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

The fraudulent argument is on your side and I'll tell you why and also many folks with your mentality.

Tax revenue, allocations and borrowings are all integral part and components of what you tabulate together to come up with your budget which is ultimately what you have to spend and work with. You can not spend beyond you approved budget unless via special appropriations.

At the end of the day, Akwa with 3 million people and Lagos state with 20 million people have the same budget figures at their disposal to work with, period.

Emancipate yourself muppet and get some frigging understanding...how is the budget funded other than through taxes and IGR undecided

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Emancipate yourself muppet and get some frigging understanding . . .how else are budgets funded other than through taxes and IGR undecided
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Successfigure: 2:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Enye aka akwa ibom ayaya
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Not2bee: 2:26am On Jan 05, 2013
l hate to see pple who will seat in the comfort of thr room nd be talkg rubbish about a state thy have never visited.i just relocated my fmly to aks after spending two mnths in visitg all the SE ndS SS states,infact i was not to happy with my govrnr he is makg so much noise rochas,i can beat my chest nd tell anybody that uyo is the finest captal.i can rightly say i have visited 32 states in nija.I am igbo, born in the north did prim to univty eductn thr,my line of biz made me travll to ALL northn states i left becus of insecurity in the north.Did my nysc in SW.my first job offer was lag could not live in lag,is crazy when pple make noise about lag,fashola is workg.ph is old glory,amachi is equallly wrkg.umuahia is the worst state capital.aks is bettr than the present calabr,thr is nothg to write about calabar south.when u want to view uyo beside industries u look at places lik kd,ilorin,jos,brinin kebbi,accure,owerri,enugu in an inproved version.Abj is better becus is fed captal.just relocated a mnth ago after visitg all Ss,se.pls what is obi doing.My God ebonyi,asaba nd bayalsa need a long way to go.pls don't say the thread is about the state nd not uyo.most lga in nig re the same.infect thrs is better becus oron,eket,ikotepne is develop for a lga.I GiVE IT TO THEM THY HAVE THE BEST PERFORMG GORVR WHILE GEJ WAS A MISTAKE TO NIG

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Not2bee: 2:28am On Jan 05, 2013
l hate to see pple who will seat in the comfort of thr room nd be talkg rubbish about a state thy have never visited.i just relocated my fmly to aks after spending two mnths in visitg all the SE ndS SS states,infact i was not to happy with my govrnr he is makg so much noise rochas,i can beat my chest nd tell anybody that uyo is the finest captal.i can rightly say i have visited 32 states in nija.I am igbo, born in the north did prim to univty eductn thr,my line of biz made me travll to ALL northn states i left becus of insecurity in the north.Did my nysc in SW.my first job offer was lag could not live in lag,is crazy when pple make noise about lag,fashola is workg.ph is old glory,amachi is equallly wrkg.umuahia is the worst state capital.aks is bettr than the present calabr,thr is nothg to write about calabar south.when u want to view uyo beside industries u look at places lik kd,ilorin,jos,brinin kebbi,accure,owerri,enugu in an inproved version.Abj is better becus is fed captal.just relocated a mnth ago after visitg all Ss,se.pls what is obi doing.My God ebonyi,asaba nd bayalsa need a long way to go.pls don't say the thread is about the state nd not uyo.most lga in nig re the same.infect thrs is better becus oron,eket,ikotepne is develop for a lga.I GiVE IT TO THEM THY HAVE THE BEST PERFORMG GORVR WHILE GEJ WAS A MISTAKE TO NIG

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.