Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85856 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 2:32am On Jan 05, 2013
DJTee: Emancipate yourself muppet and get some frigging understanding...how is the budget funded other than through taxes and IGR

Olodo, you people love to make noise about Lagos state's IGR. Well, it's 23 billion/month. So, 23 x 12. that's 260 billion while the total budget is 497 billion meaning Lagos IGR alone is less than Akwa's entire budget of 457 billion.

Add 7 billion in monthly allocation to lagos budget and you have 360 billion which is still far less than the entire budget of 497 billion meaning they have to borrow or look elsewhere for 137 billion to arrive at this years budget of 479 billion.

In Akwa's case, they don't have to go through much to arrive at their similar budget to lagos state's. IGR or no IGR, the money is siting right there on AKWA'S lap and still nothing much to show for all that easy money...

So my olodo friend, IGR is not all it's crack up to be, all the noise about LAGOS IGR is just nonsense, it amounts to nothing and they still have to maneuver here and there to formulate a decent budget.

Lagos state is the poorest state in Nigerian in terms of population and needs.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by adook1: 3:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Sunny, to whom much is given much is expected,aks is collecting at least what enugu takes in a year as allocation ,most of the projects you shown were done by the last administration,five star hotel le meridian,airport.oron road dualisation, nwaniba dualisation etc try and be truthful to yourself either you are being mischevious or sponsored ,when did develpment become uncommon,the world knows aks has the highest unemployment and poverty rate today.find better work do.time will tell.those who live in glass houses dont throw stones

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 6:21am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Olodo, you people love to make noise about Lagos state's IGR. Well, it's 23 billion/month. So, 23 x 12. that's 260 billion while the total budget is 497 billion meaning Lagos IGR alone is less than Akwa's entire budget of 457 billion.

Add 7 billion in monthly allocation to lagos budget and you have 360 billion which is still far less than the entire budget of 497 billion meaning they have to borrow or look elsewhere for 137 billion to arrive at this years budget of 479 billion.

In Akwa's case, they don't have to go through much to arrive at their similar budget to lagos state's. IGR or no IGR, the money is siting right there on AKWA'S lap and still nothing much to show for all that easy money...

So my olodo friend, IGR is not all it's crack up to be, all the noise about LAGOS IGR is just nonsense, it amounts to nothing and they still have to maneuver here and there to formulate a decent budget.

Lagos state is the poorest state in Nigerian in terms of population and needs.
Guy, you are a dishonest tout! Did you say Lagos state gets 7billion naira as monthly allocation? Lagos gets 10billion naira not 7billion, Akwa Ibom gets about 20billion monthly and not the bloated figures you are churning outta your ignorant ass, your figures are grossly flawed and intentionally so. If one were to add up Lagos 10billion and its monthly IGR of 23billion, Akwa Ibom's 20billion naiara monthly allocation and its meagre IGR still will be at par with that of Lagos. Yet, one can comfortably say both Lagos and AKS have significant improvements but again, if the huge sums they get were to be compared to their development strides and how much these two states are indebted, it will pale into insignificance. AKS is even better in that regards as most of its project are funded solely by the state government unlike the Lagos state government whose projects are mostly PPP driven. Besides, many of the road projects in Lagos are mediocre despite the huge sums they quote as cost, na when rain fall na im we dey see the rubbish. So shut your hypocritical mouth up, Lagos and fashola are overrated, his strides are not in line with the huge sum they get every month, fact. Thesame goes for AKS.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Abagworo:

In those evil days of Obasanjo’s dichotomy, I was given a mere  N600m (six hundred million naira) every month with which to run and develop Akwa Ibom State which was classified as non oil producing. This was considered the most wicked and tyrannical manipulation of the constitution and it went on for more than a year until the National Assembly passed the law that corrected it. Twenty governors – the nineteen northern governors and one other from the west challenged that law at the Supreme Court and lost. What more; why not let sleeping dogs lie!

Despite that, I was able to build an airport with a maintenance hangar and the best runway in the country; I built an Independent Power Plant (IPP) of 191 megawatt capacity; I built the Le-Meridien Hotel with a marina and a golf course that today is the tourists’ delight and the place of choice for conferences, retreats and business meetings; I built housing estates, hospitals, schools; I built roads; I gave the people pipe borne water and rural electrification.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/insights-into-onshore-offshore-dichotomy-by-obong-victor-attah/

What you fail to mention is how that law was passed.That was one of the few laws in this republic that was passed by overruling the President . Obasanjo refused to assent to the law and so it required 2/3 majority in both houses to pass. Do not also forget that the law was necessary because the same Supreme cout had ruled that Littoral states were not entitled to derivation automatically from oil beyond the LOW WATER MARK according to he constitution.
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/essays/resourcecontrol/SupremeCourt.html
The law passed to ameliorate the effect of that judgment extended derivation beyond that to the contiguous zone and was passed by overruling the President's dissent.This could only be achieved by overwhelming majority support in both Senate and House of Representatives from ALL SECTIONS OF THE COUNTRY
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:
I know Akwa Ibom well and it is one of the most backward places in Nigeria. FACT!!
Dude, can you summon d courage to mention d state you are from?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Ask your father!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by humpito(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Everything he does or plan has to be for 20 million people.

20 million means the following.

You need more schools and education resources in Lagos than Akwa

You need more hospitals and health resources than Akwa

You need more roads and maintenance for wear and tear of all state infrastructures than Akwa.

You need more resources to provide for and maintain the second largest civil service in West AFRICA.

You need more everything than Akwa.

An elementary school kid should be able to figure this out, but no surprise hear since your brain is below elementary.

Yet we have just 1000 doctors in Lagos State government hospitals. Fashola is a failure. Take it or leave it.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by phabouluz(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2013
Did my youth service in akwa ibom 2007-8, I've been visitin the state yearly thereafter, Akwa-Ibom under Akpabio is in my own opinion leadin other states in infrastructural devpt. I live in lagos & if u think Fashola is workin then u need to visit Akwa-Ibom, devpt there isn't just about Uyo, it stretches to remote places with world class roads mostly constructed by Julius Berger, Ibom golf course, Idongesit Secretariat though that was built b4 Akpabio but he has added new look to the secretatiat, the airport.

In my submission, all other governors are crawling where Akpabio walkin though his style of politics is exclusive but his quality delivery is second to none.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2013
humpito: Yet we have just 1000 doctors in Lagos State government hospitals. Fashola is a failure. Take it or leave it.

Nothing to worry about here, this is another illiterate conclusion.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:06am On Jan 05, 2013
ado ok: most of the projects you shown were done by the last administration,five star hotel le meridian,airport.oron road dualisation, nwaniba dualisation etc
itz gud dat u have been able 2educate some people who hav a false impression dat every major development in Akwa ibom was started by Akpabio. Akpabio only succeeded in publicizing those developments n subtly deceiving d world dat everythin was done by him. Akpabio have tried in some local govts areas, but certainly not in uyo infrastructure, especially not on d uyo road-networks. Uyo infrastructure was built by former Gov. Attah. So dat false impression be corrected. And those who say he built everythin from SCRATCH, shd try n b well-informed. No doubt, Akpabio has consolidated on d state infrastructure, but he has also embezelled enuf thro bogus n hyper-inflated contracts. i am a friend of Akwa Ibom n i used 2 stay there.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2013
phabouluz: Did my youth service in akwa ibom 2007-8, I've been visitin the state yearly thereafter, Akwa-Ibom under Akpabio is in my own opinion leadin other states in infrastructural devpt. I live in lagos & if u think Fashola is workin then u need to visit Akwa-Ibom, devpt there isn't just about Uyo, it stretches to remote places with world class roads mostly constructed by Julius Berger, Ibom golf course, Idongesit Secretariat though that was built b4 Akpabio but he has added new look to the secretatiat, the airport.

In my submission, all other governors are crawling where Akpabio walkin though his style of politics is exclusive but his quality delivery is second to none.

What is in akwa apart from what's in this thread and concentrated in one single location?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 8:13am On Jan 05, 2013
rhymz: Guy, you are a dishonest tout! Did you say Lagos state gets 7billion naira as monthly allocation? Lagos gets 10billion naira not 7billion, Akwa Ibom gets about 20billion monthly and not the bloated figures you are churning outta your ignorant ass, your figures are grossly flawed and intentionally so. If one were to add up Lagos 10billion and its monthly IGR of 23billion, Akwa Ibom's 20billion naiara monthly allocation and its meagre IGR still will be at par with that of Lagos. Yet, one can comfortably say both Lagos and AKS have significant improvements but again, if the huge sums they get were to be compared to their development strides and how much these two states are indebted, it will pale into insignificance. AKS is even better in that regards as most of its project are funded solely by the state government unlike the Lagos state government whose projects are mostly PPP driven. Besides, many of the road projects in Lagos are mediocre despite the huge sums they quote as cost, na when rain fall na im we dey see the rubbish. So shut your hypocritical mouth up, Lagos and fashola are overrated, his strides are not in line with the huge sum they get every month, fact. Thesame goes for AKS.

I have no time to debate you back n forth, but I'll cut through the chase.

Let me just agree with you just for the heck of it. Your post doesn't change the fact that both states have similar budget figures and Lagos state is delivering several times more than akwa and if any of you feel like going at it, let's start listing state funded projects minus PPP. I'm 1000 sure you won't take me on and if you do, you'll give up after listing 5 projects.

Dare me if you can...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:
Ask your father!
MostIncredible.DFirst:
aribisala0:
Ask your father!
Datz all u cud say! I'm happy u hav finally buried u head in shame, n i'v put u where u belong.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Abagworo(m): 8:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Study and compare.

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Arsenate(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

What is in akwa apart from what's in this thread and concentrated in one single location?
seriously man, why are u bitter? Oh well, if u like scream all day it won't change the fact that Akwa ibom is developing RAPIDLY and is more livable than lagos (sorry) and the scary thing (for u) is that they are just getting started. I guess you're gonna remain bitter for a long time, lmao. Some people are just plain petty.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 8:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Arsenate: seriously man, why are u bitter? Oh well, if u like scream all day it won't change the fact that Akwa ibom is developing RAPIDLY and is more livable than lagos (sorry) and the scary thing (for u) is that they are just getting started. I guess you're gonna remain bitter for a long time, lmao. Some people are just plain petty.

What is the meaning of this idio,tic rant?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Let me just agree with you just for the heck of it. Your post doesn't change the fact that both states have similar budget figures and Lagos state is delivering several times more than akwa and if any of you feel like going at it, let's start listing state funded projects minus PPP. I'm 1000 sure you won't take me on and if you do, you'll give up after listing 5 projects.

Dare me if you can...

Please stop being an idiota! Page 1 to 2 is filled with pictures of projects all funded by state government. It is Lagos state that needs to list projects that are not PPP. AI government does everything on its own. There were numerous threads started on that and nothing tangible was posted by you lot. Stop being an idiota for once!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

Please stop being an idiot! Page 1 to 2 is filled with pictures of projects all funded by state government. It is Lagos state that needs to list projects that are not PPP. AI government does everything on its own. There were numerous threads started on that and nothing tangible was posted by you lot. Stop being an idiot for once!

Projects carried out by akpabio or Atah? Please identify which is which...

I'm waiting...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Arsenate: seriously man, why are u bitter? Oh well, if u like scream all day it won't change the fact that Akwa ibom is developing RAPIDLY and is more livable than lagos (sorry) and the scary thing (for u) is that they are just getting started. I guess you're gonna remain bitter for a long time, lmao. Some people are just plain petty.

I think we should ignore the idiota! He is a clown performing a circus this morning. Lagos is just a 2 hour stretch. it is the smallest state in Nigeria. I dont know what he is ranting about this morning but well, idiotas will always blab! grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Projects carried out by akpabio or Atah? Please identify which is which...

I'm waiting...

What are you? A jester, a knife thrower or a red nose clown? If they were done by Attah, then I guess we should all be clamouring for Attah to become our president. lol. How did we really miss these great achievements of Attah then? Imagine that! Six years after he left, we are just seeing his great and monumental achievements! wow!

You should ask your primary school teacher for a refund, walahi!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

What are you? A jester, a knife thrower or a red nose clown? If they were done by Attah, then I guess we should all be clamouring for Attah to become our president. lol. How did we really miss these great achievements of Attah then? Imagine that! Six years after he left, we are just seeing his great and monumental achievements! wow!

You should ask your primary school teacher for a refund, walahi!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dummy, it's fashola against akpabio, not Fashola against akpabio/Atah.

Show us what akpabio did and I'll list non ppp fashola's projects.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2013
phantom:
grin grin grin grin grin grin...i have told you before that your tin-god in lagos is overhyped you wouldnt listen.FASHOLA IS HIGHLY OVERRATED.get it into your head. i was in lagos a month ago and i just kept on laughing as i moved through that city.your man is all hype.i was soo soo disappointed.
lagos has 20 million.does fashola feed all 20millionno make me vex this new year o!! grin grin

You dumb post means you can not list anything and even with the meager pictures in this thread which is even less than 1 page in one single location confirmed the fact akpabio is incompetent and a con man.

This is why I stay away from the laptop crews. They are useless like their daft aso rock uncle.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 9:17am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

You dumb post means you can not list anything and even with the meager pictures in this thread which is even less than 1 page in one single location confirmed the fact akpabio is incompetent and a con man.

Why are you stammering? You are incoherent now! Take a chill pill. You have been deceived by your paymasters. I know its not your fault. But you can be redeemed. Take a deep breath and say out loud "The world is bigger than Lagos" (3x).

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Dare me if you can...
ok na. . . . You start listing the non-PPP projects of the Fashola governments, I am waiting, you have now been challenged. Oya start.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

Why are you stammering? You are incoherent now! Take a chill pill. You have been deceived by your paymasters. I know its not your fault. But you can be redeemed. Take a deep breath and say out loud "The world is bigger than Lagos" (3x).

grin grin grin

You still can not come up with any list? Useless laptop... I'm sure Jonathan is very proud of you. lmao
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:25am On Jan 05, 2013
rhymz: ok na. . . . You start listing the non-PPP projects of the Fashola governments, I am waiting, you have now been challenged. Oya start.

The challenge was you separate Atah's project from akpabio and I'll take it from there, not the other way around.

Start by listing akpabio's. I know you people can not and I'll I'm going to get is the same run around and dodging...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2013
Now let's go beyond this micky mouse single location boju boju roadsthat i can count on my fingers and the result of the same budget with Lagos state.

Where are the projects that really impacts the populace?

Where are the schools?

Where are the hospitals?

Where are the vocational training centers to train and provide skills?

Where are the maternity centers?

Where are the parks and recreational centers?

Where are the housing projects?

You got to be kidding me..

smh....
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:36am On Jan 05, 2013
See as den disappear because den no fit list anything.. lmao
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2013
Why is it taking so long? I know your list can not be more than 5 including the phony e library ....

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

The challenge was you separate Atah's project from akpabio and I'll take it from there, not the other way around.

Start by listing akpabio's. I know you people can not and I'll I'm going to get is the same run around and dodging...
seriously guy, you are splitting hair and being unneccessarily petty. Now it is about separating Victor's work from Akpabio's. . .lol. .ok you sef separate Fashola's from Tinubu's. By the way, where did you get such a phoney population figure for Lagos; 20million people Lol. . .guy don't confuse population densities of different parts of Lagos as the population of Lagos o. No be everywhere here dey that populated, besides, Lagos as a state is small, apparently you are not considering that. Nothing extra ordinary is happening here in Lagos, Fashola is trying no doubts but I doubt the quality of the work they are doing here, AK's roads are way better in terms of quality. Propagander won't spin this.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Pls you guys should desist from throwing insults around. Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2013
rhymz: seriously guy, you are splitting hair and being unneccessarily petty. Now it is about separating Victor's work from Akpabio's. . .lol. .ok you sef separate Fashola's from Tinubu's. By the way, where did you get such a phoney population figure for Lagos; 20million people Lol. . .guy don't confuse population densities of different parts of Lagos as the population of Lagos o. No be everywhere here dey that populated, besides, Lagos as a state is small, apparently you are not considering that. Nothing extra ordinary is happening here in Lagos, Fashola is trying no doubts but I doubt the quality of the work they are doing here, AK's roads are way better in terms of quality. Propagander won't spin this.

Because Akpabio's budget and spending is different from Atah's.

And I can separate Tinubu's projects from Fashola's, this is very easy because I have a long list.

I don't even need all your story, just show us what the people of Akwa are getting for the largest budget in Nigeria..

Abeg give us the list and stop the dodging and dancing around stories..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.