Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85852 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Akwa Ibom Independent Power Plant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by solomon111(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Unarguably the best governor in Nigeria.
And a staunch PDP member and GEJ supporter to boot.
What an irony.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2013

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by blacksta(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Impressive

Apabio + BRF for president come 2015 - hoping to replace the current waste of space at the helm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by solomon111(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
blacksta: Impressive

Apabio + BRF for president come 2015 - hoping to replace the current waste of space at the helm
akpabio+oshiomole
akpabio+okorocha
chime/okorocha+akpabio.
Akpabio+kwankwaso
It's high time we do away with stooges and insensitive politicians both in PDP and at the opposition.
(my opinion)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by AjanleKoko: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Uyo to Eket road still a bummer.
Though I think Mobil Producing should fix that road. Multinationals should put something back where they earn from, really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
All these are probably within the state capital.can we get pictures from other local governments ?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Beautiful pics.!!!...Nice one there @ Op. There's still some good coming out of PDP then....Akpabio should b d face of that party....not OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2013

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

All these are probably within the state capital.can we get pictures from other local governments ?

Development is evenly spreading across the state. In terms of roads, there are good roads of same quality constructed all over the state.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Development is evenly spreading across the state. In terms of roads, there are good roads of same quality constructed all over the state.

Can we see pictures from those sides too since your title says Akwa ibom state not Akwa ibo state capital ?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Rural roads are not left out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ikot Ekpene Abak road.

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
How about human development and other sectors of the stae economy ? Development is not always about skyscrappers.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sounds good

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
IBB did a lot more in Abuja why do Nigerians hate him??
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by sarutobie(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How about human development and other sectors of the stae economy ? Development is not always about skyscrappers.
You asked for rural structures and was shown pictures of new roads under construction,you now switched to human development bla bla bla..when that is shown,you will change tune to "what is the allocation of the state"..nobody should take this guy serious!

18 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
I will keep on getting angry with the Nigerian contractors, from logistic to the way finishing works are carried out (poorly). I don't understand why in the whole wide world would they have to leave the pavements unfixed in those roads(in the pictures).It beats my present imagination if Nigerians really know what it means to put huge money in construction works and come up with something done haphazardly, all in the name of development.

Not until the contractors are cautioned against these poor practices there is no amount of development done in that country that will bring out its tropical beauty. The most annoying thing is just the way people go about using the infrastructure that have no good plan. Indeed, I am frustrated about these kinds of development just to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
This road traverses three LGAs, covering the following villages: Ikot Ntan, Ikot Oku Nsit, Ekpene Ikpatt, Obotim Ikot Atim, Anyam, Obontong, Ikot Idem, Ikot Enwene, Edebom, Afaha Offiong, Mbiokporo, Afia Nsit Atai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Clinic road by Stadium, Eket.

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ask4double(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Though i don't have pictures, but i can vividly tell u that the roads in my LGA are just like this, even better.... Ikot Ekpene and Essien Udim to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by omowolewa: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Governor Akpabio is personally good, he came from a party which is highly criticised for non performance. But he has been performing well without divorcing quality from his performance.

Apart from his developmental achievement, the governor is also good intellectually. I listened to his speech at PDP retreat held in Akwa-Ibom and I bow for this man.

He is not affected with second term syndrome neither is he making much noise about his achievements. Nigeria can still boast of good leaders but polarisation of her politics towards North and South, Christian and Muslim is really affecting.

God bless Godswill.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by anonimi: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This must be why some governors are asking for a change in the revenue allocation formula.

When shall we return to the revenue CONTRIBUTION formula that was used up to Nzeogwu's first coup in January 1966
That was when the North had groundnuts, cotton and textile mills.
The Southwest had cocoa and kolanuts with aro-allied industries.
The East had palm oil, rubber etc.
They all chopped their money first in their semi-autonomous regions BEFORE sending the agreed % to the federal. There was healthy competition for overall national development until the khaki boys forced us into unitary government.

[size=13pt]Let's hope the "progressive opposition" lawmakers in ACN with their leaders will start matching propaganda of "true fiscal federalism" with robust legislative action.[/size] They can even start with the relatively easy matter of VAT collection. That will be day!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Free education for young AND OLD to SSCE/WAEC level, not to mention scholarships into higher institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

For Human development, you can watch this video to see how education has been transformed in Akwa Ibom State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mc-17yO_4d4#!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by psychu: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
I cannot see tollgates, does it mean government built all these roads? no partnerships?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Maxymilliano(m): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Infrastructural wise, Akpabio is not doing badly and to think that most of the constructed roads is not under a Public Private Partnership makes it sterling ... Kudos to him

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ibom e-library. First in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by barikay: 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
ask4double: Though i don't have pictures, but i can vividly tell u that the roads in my LGA are just like this, even better.... Ikot Ekpene and Essien Udim to be precise.
why are u even replying that blackteeth guy? He is known 4 tribalism. Jst click on his name and see his previous posts

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Adanyebe(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Please Post it to GOVERNOR'S SECTION. SO it can be a challenge to others. WIth This KInd Of Developemt, NAija Will Be Looking LIke DUBAI In the Next 10YRS.... AMEN

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by striker07(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
these projects are great Thumps up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.