Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (464704 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2010
Huawei EC226
Re: Ubuntu Linux by fasho16(m): 1:25am On May 25, 2010
4llerbuntu, gt ur reply, & l don't mind getting d iso file.l will mount it with deamon tools. how can l get across to you? send ur addy & phone no{s} to fasho16@yahoo.com
l will surely get in touch with u.
thanks.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2010
na wah oh!! who deleted my post na?!!
@4ller
u knw me na!! i've tried all wat u said
let me get some scrnshts up. . .
well tnx all d same for d info. . . i will restart frm d begining again
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2010
chk dis out

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2010
anoda

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 11:39pm On May 25, 2010
imagin!! finally installed the tin tru gud ol' synaptic undecided wink

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2010
men guys am still hving probs running tor oh!!
we put up screenies ltr
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lynx no go kill me oh

see ur 1st screenie, the apt link, that <lucid> no suppose get those brackets. that was wat was wrong I THINK!!
funny thing is are the version u installed, does it end with 7 as in the version number? if it doesnt, u neva start o, e no go connect,

then wat issues with running?
tor works as a system daemon, u usually have to kill it before vidalia will start it.

sudo killall tor

if its starting and connected but u cant browse, kill privoxy and start it again
sudo killall privoxy

sudo /etc/init.d/privoxy start

to make it easier, just install startup manager
then when u run it, uncheck tor, that way it will stop running as a daemon then u dont have to kill it, leave privoxy checked, so u dont have to start it manually all the time

if its still connected, but not browsing, ur privoxy config file is bad, get it right
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2010
@4ller
below is d terminal stuf on tor

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2010
@ lynx, as i finish u log off.
anyway use synaptic remove the tor alone then download this ones

tor: http://plunder.com/1641278d3c

tor geoipdb: http://plunder.com/7b7d8a2299
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 2:20pm On May 28, 2010
finally!!
@4ller
almost tru wit d plunder stuf. . . . tnx alot. . . .tho i may not need it for now,well as long as dis one is working grin grin
tnx all d same

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2010
why u get 2 zain profiles?

hmmn, is there sumtin u not telling me? u go chop cane o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2010
Omo 4ller is it possible to get a standalone installer for Tor on Ubuntu? All this sudo this and that is making my head spin.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2010
My Ubuntu is up and running now. grin grin grin. Next Stop is Torino!

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 11:30pm On May 30, 2010
welcome to the club wink wink
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 11:41pm On May 30, 2010
lynxnoon:

welcome to the club wink wink
Thanks bro.
Finally got Torino up and running. Next stop,configuring bridges!

Re: Ubuntu Linux by DonSegmond(m): 4:56am On May 31, 2010
i'm also running ubuntu. i'm in the states tho. i'm impressed how yall in naija manage and to download packages. i know the net connection there is slow, what about stability? do you stay connected or have to deal with disconnects?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 8:11am On May 31, 2010
DonSegmond:

i'm also running ubuntu. i'm in the states tho. i'm impressed how yall in naija manage and to download packages. i know the net connection there is slow, what about stability? do you stay connected or have to deal with disconnects?
Lucky you. The internet is nothing to write home about but we are gradually getting there.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:47am On May 31, 2010
@ Double N so your modem finally worked? grin grin grin grin

well hope you enjoy it and finally get off that viral ailment called windoze

this in your honest opinion, is cool or what? < am assuming you are not a autocad or some other exotic user >

at times, ehn its very funny.

i was on the mint blog this morning, and them folks finaly did sumytin abt their uselessly slow mint install thing, finally got it to start in like 5 secs. pple were commenting and there were these two guys who were complaining seriously

one said the worst os in the world was this 10.04 etc, why, because he had one particular software for watching movies and it did not work OOTB;
the other said his pc boots in like 15 SLOW secs, and a particular hardware no one had heard about and he couldnt even give details about did not work.?

well it got me thinking, fo general everyday computing, there isnt a better os than ubuntu, FACT, special needs, different kettle of fish. but why do pple complain so much? i mean for someone to actually come out and say that 10.04 was worse than 9.10??
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 10:15am On May 31, 2010
well am still enjoying my 10.4. . . . . .
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 3:09pm On May 31, 2010
hmmmmmm
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2010
4llerbuntu:

@ Double N so your modem finally worked? grin grin grin grin

well hope you enjoy it and finally get off that viral ailment called windoze

this in your honest opinion, is cool or what? < am assuming you are not a autocad or some other exotic user >

at times, ehn its very funny.

i was on the mint blog this morning, and them folks finaly did sumytin abt their uselessly slow mint install thing, finally got it to start in like 5 secs. pple were commenting and there were these two guys who were complaining seriously

one said the worst os in the world was this 10.04 etc, why, because he had one particular software for watching movies and it did not work OOTB;
the other said his pc boots in like 15 SLOW secs, and a particular hardware no one had heard about and he couldnt even give details about did not work.?

well it got me thinking, fo general everyday computing, there isnt a better os than ubuntu, FACT, special needs, different kettle of fish. but why do pple complain so much? i mean for someone to actually come out and say that 10.04 was worse than 9.10??
Yes o!The Novatel modem is working very well. grin grin. I am still battling with my universal modem though sad sad.
As for mint,i really enjoyed it when i used the Gloria edition(Mint 7). A lot of stuffs work OOTB including the media player unlike in Ubuntu where you have to start downloading Codecs! Stuff got me pissed of at first but i am learning to love it. grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2010
mint is useful i agree.
i just dont really like all the greenery. plus i stand to be corrected but i believe it runs slower than ubuntu (pure).
may be just me sha o. but now they have reduced their standing in my eyes, the live cd for mint 9 does not include java. big omission for me.

get me right, i dont have an ish with it, really i can install anything i want on it java inclusive, but i just feel that takes sumtin away from it.
but mint is the way to introduce a noob to linux. i def believe.

nb. anyone noticed that the JDK works better than the jre? i think so.

@ double N whats the make and model of the universal modem, lets see if we can help its condition
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2010
The Name is 'HAME' Mobile connect.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2010
@4ller
d umtsmon works oh but not fully yet undecided

Re: Ubuntu Linux by fasho16(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
Hi Lynxnoon,

how can l get across 2 u, cos' l need a copy of ubuntu 10.04. tried upgrading my 9.10 & also downloading it {10.04} but it's taking ages to complete d download, due to slow internet connection.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
4ller any hope? kiss kiss
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2010
@ Double N, i have never heard of that one b4 o!! is it made in lithuania? grin grin grin grin we will probably need more info like hardware id no. look at the body well and type all u see there.

then plug it in ubuntu, then type lsusb in terminal and paste the output here, lets see, we may have to try load anor modem's driver for it. (hope ur a prayer warrior grin grin)

@ fasho, i thot i said u shld come get an .iso file from me if u can at anthony, around corona school. if u can come, i will give u my number so u can confirm when to come.
or where do you stay or spend time mostly? are u the chap from unilag? maybe if its not too obscure a place (if ikeja or island better) i may arrange to meet u and hand it over vide flash.

sorry man, my writer seems to be misbehaving these days.

@ lynxnoon, u said it works? did u compile it?
i converted an rpm to deb and used that, it starts and detects the modem, when i try to dial it loses network signal and gives some funny error. i checked forums and found almost everyone complaining the same thing, how did u get it to work?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
@4ller
b4 i answer ur question on umtsmon, chk dis out wink

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
yeah back to umtsmon
its true it gives some funny error jare
i got dat after connecting wit gnome network manager. . . . . well at least one will be able to see onscreen the signal strength of d connection, which network manager wont show smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.