Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (464150 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Kubuntu rawwks.

I love it grin

So happy I didn't get a Mac.
Just tried that one out.It sure has a great theme. On the contrary the whole system is still far from effective as compare to Ubuntu - sorry to say KDE is not my favorite.I am not a fan, for that simple reason I uninstall Kopete from my Ubuntu system. It's never a bug-free and plugins-effective creator. However, I am running it from a live CD(DVD).

At the moment, I am accustomed to Science Linux for most of what I do, it's a hell of command based distribution(distro) and educational.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
@4ller
can you really blame the 7 month old linux users? they're coming from a windows background; how on earth do you expect them to adapt to a unity based interface? besides (at least for me) there's something annoying about installing a distro then having to install the packages for another window manager and (at least in my own experience) the other wm usually isn't so tightly integrated with the os (maybe it's something i'm not doing well sha). For instance when i installed Oneiric i also installed kde since i was finding the interface awkward. To cut a story short, playing music with amarok gave me choppy sound after logging in with kde. Logging in with unity the sound was fine. Maybe it's something i did wrong, maybe i didn't install some package i should but i've generally had not so good results installing another wm on ubuntu/mint. (come to tink of it i generally have issues playing vlc with ubuntu/mint too). By the way i get the feeling they're not the only ones "in love" with the traditional menu
For me no big deal, ubuntu is a distro i use only once in a while, i have fedora (aargh had to install xfce to get any decent work done), opensuse (been using kde version but i feel it crawls on my hardware; maybe it's time to switch to gnome; pclinuxos (kde version nice - most of the time anyway though it sometimes doesn't power down my laptop completely which can be annoying when they take light), slackware (ever dependable, i can get a package from source, compile and install without fear of breakage; good response time too ) )
Anyway what are you using now that you're not into gnome shell?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2011
@all4naija kopete is a chat tool isn't it? i usually just install pidgin instead. Another thing i find annoying is that kpackagekit thingy why would a distro that uses synaptic by default even use that annoying thing?

still i prefer kde sha, but that's me. i feel some distros do better with kde and some with gnome
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
@blackweaver

Yes! It is a KDE based instant chatting client. I installed it for the basic reason of using it for webcam and voice. Nevertheless, pidgin is far effective and is what I am using for chatting at the moment.

I think people like KDE for its rich GUIs, platform is very rich in graphics and the theme is by far the most aesthetic thing it is flawless. KDE is good but, I can't resort visiting launchpad many times to have a particular bug forestalled.

Meanwhile,though not related to the issues discuss at the moment, there is something I found out to be wrong in Oneiric Ocelot - Auth0(the wireless adapter connection) in my system really runs slow compare to Windows'. I don't know if anybody is experiencing the same thing here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ weaver, u see the point about the new users is, complaints about the interface can never cut it.

if the first time u see a linux desktop, it comes with unity, sure u may not like it. its different from windows. but thats what u get and if u are gonna adopt linux, what u get used to.

gnome 2 did not look like windows did it? i remember one of my first fixations on linux was desktop shortcuts. i just didnt understand how come they were missing! grin grin grin and initially, it was pretty weird to have the menu upside down and the windows thingy on the bottom panel
i also remember deleting the panels and scrambling frantically to get them back, thinking i had just killed the install grin grin grin

infact now that i can think back to gnome 2.x i dont see what the fixation is really. it was ok, but it was not all that now now everybody is acting like it was nirvana.

do u honestly think gnome 2 can adequately compete with Windows 8 in looks? even Win7? lets be brutally honest, without installing compiz and countless tweaks, gnome 2 was gawd awfully ugly! performance wise, it may be superior, but then how u gonna get a noob to appreciate the performance without long term use?

Gnome 3, Unity are going somewhere. u may have reservations at the pace, but its getting there.

funny thing is linux users are so annoying. how many windows users who bought Macs complain about the interface for OSX? i have never heard any. does OSX remotely look or handle like Windows? NO! which was precisely the reason why Gnome/Canonical started copying design ideas from OSX!
when it gets on linux it becomes rubbish.

right now i use unity! i tried KDE again for a while, but its not just me, i seriously wanna love it but its not doing it.
plus these days i cannot afford to mess with a pc and learn a new desktop so much, no time. been using unity for 8 months now.

the ones that make me laugh are the ones who swear by LXDE, FLUXBOX, ICEWM. please! i use those WM's too. they are def not IT! mcheew! u simply have to be a hardcore linuxer and long term user to appreciate those WM

often times i simply boot pupplylinux off a USB and run with it, if i want a change.

dont install KDE on a gnome install except u are going to remove the gnome entirely, it sucks. and thats part of my ish anyway, having to install gnome apps on KDE cos i cant find better ones that are native or simply cos im used to them. y not just use gnome !
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
@blackweaver

Yes! It is a KDE based instant chatting client. I installed it for the basic reason of using it for webcam and voice. Nevertheless, pidgin is far effective and is what I am using for chatting at the moment.

I think people like KDE for its rich GUIs, the platform is very rich in graphics and the theme is by far the most aesthetic thing about it. It is flawless with theme, I guess. KDE is good but, I can't resort visiting launchpad many times to have a particular bug forestalled.

Meanwhile,though not related to the issues discuss at the moment, there is something I found out to be wrong in Oneiric Ocelot - Auth0(the wireless adapter connection) in my system it runs slow compare to Windows. I don't know if anybody is experiencing the same thing here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by samual: 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
Since the recent hardware crash, I erase my Slackware install and havent been around to re-install Linux. I think with Ubuntu, because all the praise, but said nothing donmayor has been I'm afraid.Ubuntu is preety good than the other os.Because it gives the better securities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
trying out the new fedora; graphics card not much to write home about so i guess i can only use the fallback mode
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
@4llerbuntu
Despite the fact that polly is labelled alpha ware, it hasn't crashed even once since i started using it. I wouldn't exactly call myself a heavy twitter user though so maybe i havnt just put it through all the paces yet.

As for Mint, I actually like what i see when  i look at the screenshots of the upcoming release. They were able to transition to GNOME3 without forcing their users to login to a completely new experience. The Mint Menu is still there, albeit in its GNOME3 incarnation, and other familiar features of the desktop, even down to the placement of the date and time applet has been tweaked. All that remains to be seen in my opinion is how stable all of this is, considering all the tinkering with GNOME shell that had to be done to achieve it.

I wonder if you guys have seen this http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/new-gnome-app-designs-hint-at-a-bright-future/. GNOME3 seems to be transitioning to a more tablet-centric UI. What do u guys think?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2011
i think at all times gnome 3 has always been tablet centric. just look at all their design choices, radio buttons evrrywhere etc.

the shame is most folks are too ignorant and thus blame canonical for these changes when actually they have little choice, except they drop gnome.

desktop/ pc users keep complaining that this ui is not suitable for a mouse/ keyboard combo. but wats anyone to do? short of dropping gnome, they did the next best thing, develop.anor shell so at least the front facing ux is manageable. that has caused even more complaints.

how is canonical expected to maintain the gnome 2 desktop when the guys who made it have dropped it!!!! do u know by next release of gnome a month before the next ubuntu release gnome project is.dropping the fall back ui? so u either use the useless tablet interface or bug off and go use KDE or LXDE. yet m sure then canonical.will be the one to get the insult for dropping it.

canonical does not make gnome! they.tweak it. u.cant tweak the old experience much if the entire stack has changed.

if KDE does not get the market share now, they will never get it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
@4ller but then again one could argue that kde lost it when they moved to 4.x. You have to remember that while lots of people like the new facy graphics with polished interfaces a lot of the people that founded linux are hardcore techies who prefer functionality to performance and a lot of the non - ubuntu, mint, redhat people fall into this category. Also not everyon's crazy about having the latest hardware (or at least for some people refurbishing old hardware is a fulfilling hobby - no i'm not one); in such a case you find that you'd rather have a not particularly pretty interface that responds immediately to a fancy one that takes hours to do anything. I remember when i first started using winxp i really disliked the lunar interface and always disabled it till i upgraded my hardware enough that it wasn't any significant drain on my hardware. Also the mere fact that a wm exists means that it has a reasonable following; and you have to remember that kde, xfce and gnome are actually desktop environments - not just window managers (ok maybe lxde is a DE but i have a feeling it didn't start out that way). Anyway recently i was reading through an article about top window managers and the person mentioned fvwm! If you think lxde, icewm or fluxbox is bad you should just try fvwm and you'll see what i mean. Besids i'm not sure ubuntu is the way to go if you want to try out these wms; puppy or some other relatively barebones distro would be better
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2011
true.

i am just bothered by the catch22 phase linux is in now.
we want to increase userbase. therefore u need simple, classy, attractive WM. u need to simplify useage, as a result, take most core functionality out of easy reach or need of users. in short, windows-fy ur distro.

BUT, u need the hardcore, longterm linux geeks to come along for the ride, afterall its opensource. u wont get anywhere without the community. the community does not want the changes, complain all the time, do not want to follow u. they want to use nano, edit config files, build from source, have their desktop remain exactly the same forever.

what do u do? ubuntu thinks a compromise inbetween ground will do it, pple dont seem to agree. at this point either linux desktop dies out, or evolves.

the old paradigms earned 2 percent market share, it perfomed woefully. it either changes or gives up the ghost
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
anyhow sha we'll see how everything turns out. I suspect that at least for now ubuntu might see a dip in popularity
but would be mighty disappointed if by next release it doesn't regain its position
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2011
The dip is in relative percentage not the actual distribution in absolute term. However, I think, the fall in users will be recuperated as the next release forestalls some graphic failure, low option of themes, slow connectivity, poor user interactive concept and just to mention a few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2011
pls read this blog post, it sums up my views about mint.

note also the comments, there are some gems there, including posts from our very own big brovar

www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/linux-mint-12-rc-the-greatest-hits/#disqus_thread
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
^^^
What handle are you using on that site? Mint is really receiving much popularity this time around, and there is no more potent reason order than it can be customized .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 2:03am On Nov 17, 2011
where can i get a list of command lines for ubuntu online for download??
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 17, 2011
^^^
They are the same things as linux commands. Google on "list of all linux commands pdf". For html page visit http://www.linuxguide.it/command_line/linux_command_line-c1_en.html#JUMP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 6:59am On Nov 17, 2011
@all4naija
you know 4llerb has beef for mint especially from the time they decided they won't be based exclusively on ubuntu, but seriously this gnome3 thingy is really depressing; i just downloaded opensuse12.1 and what i've seen seems to be almost the same as what was in fedora 16; where's the variety in that? Originally i'd made up my mind to go kde with this version of mint but i've decided i will see how gnome turns out with this one
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
blackweaver:

@all4naija
you know 4llerb has beef for mint especially from the time they decided they won't be based exclusively on ubuntu, but seriously this gnome3 thingy is really depressing; i just downloaded opensuse12.1 and what i've seen seems to be almost the same as what was in fedora 16; where's the variety in that? Originally i'd made up my mind to go kde with this version of mint but i've decided i will see how gnome turns out with this one

is it beef? nope. i just do not suffer fools gladly. and truth be told, a lot if not most of the mint users are dunces and retards (apologies for my language)
u actually wonder if most of them actually know they are still using ubuntu!!

actually, waay before Gnome 3 and Unity palaver i just discovered that i would go to Mint forums (which i used to download every release and recommend to new users) and find quite a lot of the foolish posters there dissing UBUNTU. i would be like WTF!!!! how foolish can u get, YOU ARE USING UBUNTU!!!! with a fancy windows clone menu, a lot of green color everywhere, and a lot of applications that COME FROM UBUNTU REPOS installed by default.!!!

which even reminds me, dude call it by whatever name u wish, every click and every download of MINT is a download of UBUNTU, it still gets registered as a ubuntu desktop. its simply a remix!!!

just cos i install ubuntu, remove some stuff, add some stuff which incidentally i did not create, and name it some fancy name dont mean its changed. i also remaster my desktop with my own customisations for install across devices and even give to pple, it saves tham hassles and money. i actually named it 4LLERBUNTU OS.
all thats left is a website and a host for my iso images and im also a full fledged "distro"

the real reason mint had to include their dumbass menu is that without it, the entire thing would be exactly the same with any other GNOME 3 desktop. so much for customiseability. MINTS ONLY CLAIM TO FAME IS THEIR DAMNED MENU. any fool with an internet connection can install apps and codecs.

i can hear u say the software manager app? redundant, its a terrible piece of software to use. u need to update it, to update ur apps EACH TIME. plus its a badly written frontend to synaptic, which incidentally is also included. anyone who has spent 1 week with ubuntu/mint will use synaptic over mint software manager all the time., lest i forget the annoying way it keeps u from doing anything on the package management system if its crying out for an update. u need to learn how to kill it all the time, and it restarts automagically.

please spare me the bullcrap, i dont want to come on out like i really beef them, which i dont. but their bullshyte has got to stop.

and no weaver, i JUMPED FOR JOY when i learnt of the LMDE fork. over two releases now, how many of the NEW USERS, WHO WANT CUSTOMISEABILITY use it? what percentage of mint users actually use LMDE?
without ubuntu, MINT IS NOTHING. i told CLEM directly a long time ago when he badmouthed UBUNTU, start ur own full distro, and lets see it rival ubuntu. dumbass idiot.

incase u didnt also know, MINT"S supposed KDE desktop is a one man souped up shyte-pile. try going to the KDE part of the site, its soo stoopid its hilarious, it actually makes KUBUNTU look like the best thing ever. it simply does not work, not without an advanced degree in hacking and a desire to overlook the faults, which are so bad, even the KDE project would stop them from releasing it if they could. RUBBISH.

so what should PINGUYOS do if MINT is claiming so much props, that guys remixes have been rock solid and stable, though bloated by so many apps u may never use, which u can remove yourself. but then isnt MINT guilty of the same thing? 4 media players!!!

spare me bruv.

AHHH i feel better now iv let just a quarter of my rant out.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
i got banned by the spambot for my post, still 4llerbuntu

4llerbuntu:

is it beef? nope. i just do not suffer fools gladly. and truth be told, a lot if not most of the mint users are dunces and retards (apologies for my language)

actually, waay before Gnome 3 and Unity palaver i just discovered that i would go to Mint forums (which i used to download every release and recommend to new users) and find quite a lot of the foolish posters there dissing UBUNTU. i would be like WTF!!!! how foolish can u get, YOU ARE USING UBUNTU!!!! with a fancy windows clone menu, a lot of green color everywhere, and a lot of applications that COME FROM UBUNTU REPOS installed by default.!!!

which even reminds me, dude call it by whatever name u wish, every click and every download of MINT is a download of UBUNTU, it still gets registered as a ubuntu desktop. its simply a remix!!!

just cos i install ubuntu, remove some stuff, add some stuff which incidentally i did not create, and name it some fancy name dont mean its changed. i also remaster my desktop with my own customisations for install across devices and even give to pple, it saves tham hassles and money. i actually named it 4LLERBUNTU OS.
all thats left is a website and a host for my iso images and im also a full fledged "distro"

the real reason mint had to include their dumbass menu is that without it, the entire thing would be exactly the same with any other GNOME 3 desktop. so much for customiseability. MINTS ONLY CLAIM TO FAME IS THEIR DAMNED MENU. any fool with an internet connection can install apps and codecs.

i can hear u say the software manager app? redundant, its a terrible piece of software to use. u need to update it, to update your apps EACH TIME. plus its a badly written frontend to synaptic, which incidentally is also included. anyone who has spent 1 week with ubuntu/mint will use synaptic over mint software manager all the time., lest i forget the annoying way it keeps u from doing anything on the package management system if its crying out for an update. u need to learn how to kill it all the time, and it restarts automagically.

please spare me the bullcrap, i dont want to come on out like i really beef them, which i dont. but their bullshyte has got to stop.

and no weaver, i JUMPED FOR JOY when i learnt of the LMDE fork. over two releases now, how many of the NEW USERS, WHO WANT CUSTOMISEABILITY use it? what percentage of mint users actually use LMDE?
without ubuntu, MINT IS NOTHING. i told CLEM directly a long time ago when he badmouthed UBUNTU, start your own full distro, and lets see it rival ubuntu. dumbass .

incase u didnt also know, MINT"S supposed KDE desktop is a one man souped up shyte-pile. try going to the KDE part of the site, its soo stoopid its hilarious, it actually makes KUBUNTU look like the best thing ever. it simply does not work, not without an advanced degree in hacking and a desire to overlook the faults, which are so bad, even the KDE project would stop them from releasing it if they could. RUBBISH.

so what should PINGUYOS do if MINT is claiming so much props, that guys remixes have been rock solid and stable, though bloated by so many apps u may never use, which u can remove yourself. but then isnt MINT guilty of the same thing? 4 media players!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

spare me bruv.

AHHH i feel better now iv let just a quarter of my rant out.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2011

continued below,
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2011
@4llerbe
hmm i noticed your last post was blocked; you sounded very angry there, nevertheless it might have been better if you used milder words; personally i don't go to most of these forums unless i'm particularly looking for something; hey there are too many linux distros out there for me to be fuming over how unintelligent the users of some other distro sound (no matter how popular)

by the way is bigrovar or any other archlinux user in the house? if so can anyone recommend a decent a front-end for pacman? it feels so painful to use sometimes. Because of this i've made up my mind that if i ever change harddisks again or format the one i'm using, i'm not installing it gain
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 18, 2011
blackweaver:

@all4naija
I have now taken to your idea of try out many distributions. It better explains how impossible it is likely to be satisfied by any particular distribution not until testing several different releases.

I just visited the Mint web page and the forum, it is really making so much headlines within the Linux community, though, many people complained about gnome. The reasons for their complaints are more-or-less excuses because I couldn't see it affecting the absolute working environment. Upon visiting [email]www.distrowatch.com[/email], the projection of Mint visitors hit-per-page count blew my min away for the past few days. I still don't understand what really is responsible for the increase besides those reasons rather excuses to me. I believe it's because we are living in a world of speculations where little social media carries some information got blown away and can always turn the table around. I think that plays some part in this Mint upsurge for the past few days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2011
Sigh!!
UBUNTU UBUNTU UBUNTU
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2011
@all4naija
well you have to remember that since mint is like ubuntu (and most tips, fixes and tricks that work for ubuntu work for mint) a lot of the mint ecosystem are similar to the ubuntu ecosystem; people that have issues with unity now try out mint as a way to enjoy the benefits of ubuntu without its "drawbacks" (notice i put quotes since unity is a matter of opinion).
In reference to 4llerbe's link - the one about some user complaining that mint has too many applications doing the same thing - i actually see it as something preferable; everytime i start to use a distro, one of the first software i install is vlc, now not having to install it 'cos it comes bundled in is to my liking; truth is if mint came with just one of those software people would still complain. Ok as a windows user i NEVER use windows media player, instead i install winamp for my audio and vlc for my video; now if windows came with those two by default i would like it better (even though some people would still call it bloatware). On another note, for someone without an internet connection which would you recommend? I think more choices is better - especially if the user is still new.  I remember the frustration of trying to get mp3s on to play my first ubuntu (5-6 years ago i think) and i didn't have internet connection at home; imagine trying to install some plugin and having to manually download the dependencies. A nightmare by any count and it was so annoying since i'd used slackware and puppy and had mp3 support out of the box.

Now i understand that this is more of a policy thing and shouldn't be such a big deal; the point is while for some people the things that mint brings to the table are unnecessary and virtually bloatware, for some others they are a refreshing welcome change from the annoyances of some otherwise great distros. Agreed not everyone feels this way, that's what choice is about, besides i only use ubuntu, mint only once in a while - i tend to get undesirable results sometimes when using vlc or audacious (like i might have mentioned, i don't like the default media players that come with ubuntu)

By the way how do you run your programs normally 'cos for me gnome3's method is annoying, to me it DOES affect my working environment, why should i have to press alt when selecting user just because i want to shutdown? i don't like the way programs are accessed (which is why i use the fallback mode), till today i still don't like the search feature in vista/win7 (for now i still stick with xp)
ok these are some of my rantings ans some would find them unreasonable but i'd be surprised if i was the only one that felt that way

i could go on and on but you've heard so many of these arguments before and you probably know them better than i do, i've already wasted your time on this post (sorry!). ok let me just stop here (and yes i have beef for gnome3 and unity - call me an enemy of "progress" or maye i' just old fashioned)
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
@lynx
well you have to remember that the title of this thread IS ubuntu linux
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
@lynx
on a brighter note, this issue has made this thread a more popular place
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
Pah, i am quite happy mint is getting so many hits, infact it can have all the hits. I repeat again, MINT IS UBUNTU, with a fancy, ridiculous windows menu.

There is no mint without ubuntu. If all the mumus dont understand that every click for mint is a click for ubuntu then too bad.

When mint can get up to 1k pple using LMDE without ubuntu repos, they can come back to yarn
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
ah! so you get why mint is so popular: mint IS ubuntu, only with mint you get to have some of the things ubuntu has excluded and skip some other things ubuntu has added ,
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:03am On Nov 19, 2011
Ahh, gimme some credit i aint that dim.

Point is, there is no biggie to it, unless ur a neophyte. The selling point used to be dat it had more OOTB cred. Stuff u could install urself, but are too lazy or ignorant to. And it looked like windows xp, so had a better familiarity feel which pales within 10 mins anyway.

Now the selling point is what? Looks like it lways used to? It actually does not, but that would be nitpicking and against the current fad of bashing ubuntu.

Other spinoffs and remixes look exactly the same too, even better. Pinguy looks EXACTLY like it used to, no mean feat, and its all gnome shell.

So almighty popular mint is not the ubuntu killer, its ubuntu for lazy pple, and freetards.

Onto better talk abeg, in tired of talking abiut mint, if canonical goes out of business, shebi they base mint on fedora? Or Suse? I laff
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2011
never doubted your intellect, perhaps i used the wrong words to pass across my message. Anyway i believe there's already a version of mint based on debian unstable, which by the way i suspect ubuntu. On the other hand you may have soething with that pinguy; will download and try it out soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.