Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding (10747 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / List Of People Who Donated N100m For Pres. Jonathan's Nomination Form / Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Chamber10(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
alameenLM: how many infrastructure how many pple dey build.how many pple benefit 4rm the sub-standard & few infrastructure..they're building communities & vettering lifes & u r talking nonsense...

I think you carried GST 101 over
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Mavrick2012: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
tbaba1234: Widows and Divorcees go through very difficult times and are stigmatized in our society. An initiative that makes it easier for them to remarry is a good one.

At the end of the day, I think this is a good initiative but it could have been better if it was organized by private individuals.

All the same, i think this is great.
broda,is it al abt marriage-children,marriage-children,marriage-children?dis wil only end up increasin d populatn theirby increasin poverty.i wil rada hav an economicaly empowerd widow dan ten jobles married women.u ppl are just so concernd abt "morality" to d point u dnt care abt d quality of life.d govt should hav used d money 2 set up a busines 4 dem.

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by slodot2000: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
waste of public fund. Oh my God! in this modern times.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by creativemusic: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by nagoma(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
slimming: There are more developmental need than this in K-town now.

Truly there is loss of direction at all levels. I wonder how this compares to the purchase of mobile phone sets for 10 million farmers by the FG.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Jonnysteve: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nawa o misplace priority,after d weddin sha na d govt go d feed dem 4 d marriage,do dis pple no hw many small scale biz dis N100m 4 start......wat a shm........i beg were my high joor
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Youngsage: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Chamber10:

I think you carried GST 101 over
did he say he wrote it in d first place lol
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Youngsage: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
killuminati: between you and GEJ, I no knw who mumu passsss shockedundecided
Ahh? Me I know o!
U mumu pass mumu sef smh

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
kulyie: what is shameful about that,o,its not shameful when widows are dehumanized and forced to drink the water that was used in washing their late husband's body or its not shameful in the 21st century,not stone age when womens hair are shaved or their matrimonial house taken from them and stripped of all forms of human dignity or is it their kids i should talk about.tell me which is shameful,that government should ignore them because they are not human beings like you and i or are not nigerians? Nigerians sha.smh
Oga. What we are saying is this is that this is frivolous spending. What's the work of NGOs and private institutions? The priority of Government is grossly misplaced. The government should make a suitable environment for citizens,not spending in marriage. Education, infastructures, roads should be the priority not wedding. Anyways,since kano government has d money to pay bride prices, let them also feed the newly wedded divorcees till they divorce again. North need serious orientation ,education and information. Even the whole world know that region is educationally starved and deprived. WTF

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by megainvest: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
One of the 1,000,001 reasons why Nigeria is underdeveloped
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Many of these widows are young girls married to old men that are quarter to die and by the time they are only 20 their husbands have expired
They should address that trend of child marriage too that is creating an unusual number of young widows[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Arysexy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
out of this 1000, about 800 will still be divorced by the mere pronouncement of " i divorce u! i divorce u!! i divorce u!!!" by their almajiri husbands and the cycle of divorce and govt arranged wedding continues. Oil money being wasted by ungrateful parasites. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by ayusco85(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
DANILSA:
ABEG WAIT FOR ME, SO YOU GO HELP ME PAY FOR TRAIN cool

LMAO
grin
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Bellozicobichi: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: No wonder this region is very r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.
ure cowerd
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
This is what we muslims call enjoining good and forbidding evil,evils such as homosexualism,rape,illegitimate children,prostitution,masturbation etc and other psycological problems like depression,loneliness,mental disorder will not exist among them,thereby promoting better core family values, more increase in number of the population by offsprings such union produce, peace,and the sanity in their society,this is what Islam encourages.

I know for sure some ignorant umbelievers will reign abuses on this post,some hypocrite muslims and some muslims that says they "think" is a good idea because of what some people whom Allah has blindfolded,wandering blindly would say.
I dnt care really.just want more sane society which many south don't have.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Bellozicobichi: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=Arysexy]out of this 1000, about 800 will still be divorced by the mere pronouncement of " i divorce u! i divorce u!! i divorce u!!!" by their almajiri husbands and the cycle of divorce and govt arranged wedding continues. Oil money being wasted by ungrateful parasites. Mtcheeeeeeew [/quote ]thank god they know their fathers n their for fathers which u people in the south mostly luck th
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by blocker: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin. My OIL MONEY Oh! Na so u take dey go?
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by iaindabawa(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
mass wedding is nothing new.
It do happens around the world.Even in the so call developed world such as U.K,U.S.A ,South Korea
the difference is that in the western world it is mostly organised and sponsored by religious organisations.While in Kano it is been organised by a religious organisation (Hisbah Board)and sponsorship is from both the state government and also private individuals.
All the same it should encourage as a way of gaining the dividends of democracy,besides there is criteria for eligibility is not open to all

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by intrepid: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
tbaba1234: Widows and Divorcees go through very difficult times and are stigmatized in our society. An initiative that makes it easier for them to remarry is a good one.

At the end of the day, I think this is a good initiative but it could have been better if it was organized by private individuals.

All the same, i think this is great.
The culture of these ppl has no regard for women and thats why they have many women divorcees.Their men or former husbands can sometimes divorce them for d most stupid reasons.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by intrepid: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
saleeh: This is one of the beauty of Islam
What is beautiful here my friend? Apart from d widows,we all know how some of the so called divorcees esp women were kicked out by their husbands for very stupid and flimsy reasons,some even thinly veiled excuse to marry a younger girl....Bro you ppl should do sth about it and not applauding a charade.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by sulex947(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Enegod: why not empower those women with the money rather than arranging a fake marriage for them...this kinda trash cnt happen in south *so dissopointed*
Yea u re right, your south of a place is overwhelmed with whores and over aged single ladies who later becomes single mothers to thousands of militants.

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by CohenJane: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
binger: hahaha!! This is really funny ...i wonder if getting married is a must in that L.Gundecided

Yes, getting married is a most ... it is God's commandment ... read your bible bro/sis
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by favinvest: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
It looks like dis region haven't learnt from their current poor conditions.

After wasting their resource like this; 50yrs later, they will b saying that d northern Nigeria is not making progress.

Same way their northern head of states wasted money but today build a poor north; uneducated people and a whole region that can't even generate anything always at the mercies of d federal govt. Allocation.

What a pity
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by jcross19: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
saleeh: My brother this is where it starts from, if the family background is okay, the society will be
think like u have brain , did this stop almajiri in kano?these are means of increase in bokos.more wedding ,increase in birth rate, more almajiri and more bokos.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
PRRROGRESS!

AH! Kano is progressing o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fucktards!

So these moronic arsewipes running the state want to create more of 2 things:

1) Domestic violence.
2) Almajiris.

Cretins are marrying people that have no affection for each other so they produce more kids they cannot and will not be willing to take care of.

FOOOOOLS!

They are better off using that money to pay monthly allowance to the women so they take care of the kids they currently are not capable of taking care of.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]In another news
2003 statistics
Kano has 1.5 million almajiris and this is not including the able bodied men,women and their kids begging[/size]

Nigeria: Kano - Beggars On Rampage

Jaafar Jaafar, 26 July 2008, Kano

Source

According to census carried out by the Kano State Government in 2003, there are 1,486,000 beggars in Kano. This figure does not include the multitude of able -bodied men, women and their scrawny-looking children standing at junctions.
Some are spotted with pathetic ailments like compound fracture that is deliberately left untreated to attract sympathy. The figure does not also include Down's syndrome patients in wheelbarrows, or others showing off their disfigured visages, or Alzheimer's disease patients being guided around town as tools for begging.

Those included in the 1.5million figure are the battalions of young almajirai (beggars) of kindergarten age who sleep openly in residential areas, roaming around the ancient city barefooted. They are often seen around cafeterias waiting for leftovers. Most of these children are students of the over 26,000 Qur'anic schools-precipitate-hostels doted around all the nooks and crannies of the state.

Despite the state government's healthcare programmes, in almost every hospital one visits in Kano, the same footage of downright poverty in the street is played out. The sight of people who can ill afford to buy what to eat or what to buy drugs to treat themselves is what greets a visitor. According to reports, under-5 mortality rate in Kano is still higher and maternal mortality is among the highest in the world.

In every neighbourhood and in every street within and outside the metropolis, these children, all of school age, get food by chanting shrill poems at the doorstep of every house, or in every busy market, traffic and bus station, or sometimes in front of private schools for the leftovers of children of the rich.

The menace of begging has become one of the most intractable problems successive administrations in the state have tried in vain to arrest. The sight of beggars everywhere in the street is the yardstick many people use to measure the intensity of poverty in the state.

The Shekarau administration in the state tried to address the problem by attempting to formalise the system through the building of hostels, feeding and giving the vulnerable children vocational training. But the question is how far reaching has this attempt been?

From official documents made available to Weekly Trust from the office of the special adviser on education, there are over 26,000 Tsangaya schools (beggar's schools) in the state, but so far, findings reveal, only 24 hostels have been built for them in the whole state.

Given the fact that development analysts identify illiteracy as the primary cause of poverty in the north, the Kano State government evolved a number of policies to improve the educational standard in the state. The already wide gap in student-teacher ratio is further widening just as the population increases by the day. The state government recently revealed that it had constructed about 150 new schools and employed more than 10,000 teachers but critics nevertheless pick holes in the state government's education policies, saying they are elitist in nature as it spends hundreds of millions to award overseas scholarships, the beneficiaries of which, critics say, come from rich families, or children of those in power.

The commissioner of Education, Alhaji Musa Salihu, recently told newsmen that Kano leads in schools congestion. And recently, the Coordinator, State Education Sector Project, Alhaji Danlami Garba, said that over seventy percent of teachers under basic education level are unqualified.

Findings further reveal that in many of the primary and secondary schools in the state, the student-teacher ratio is 120 to 1 and many schools are converted to hold two sessions in a day due to lack of classrooms.

Another factor that fuels the embers of poverty in Kano is failure by the state government to adopt the programmes and packages of the National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP). According to the Kano State coordinator of NAPEP, Barrister Zakari Wali, the state government does not cooperate in realizing the objectives of their poverty eradication policies.

He told Weekly Trust recently that NAPEP has refocused all its intervention programmes by placing more emphasis on partnership and support for state and Local Governments poverty eradication programmes. He noted that their programmes reflect the federal government's commitment to the fight against poverty, adding that their programmes act as incentives in developing both the public and private sector in the state.

Barrister Wali also stated that they have programmes that will help in curbing poverty in the state if they are given full cooperation by the tiers of government. "We have Multi Partner Matching Funds, Farmers Empowerment Programme, Capacity Acquisition Programme, Promise Keeper Programme, Keke-NAPEP, among others," he said.

The coordinator further explained that people do not benefit from almost all these programmes due to either lack of awareness or lack of government cooperation.

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Truckpusher(m): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mass wedding in a period of mass unemployment , mass poverty, mass bombing and mass infrastructural decay.....TO ME THIS IS MASS MADNESS.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sagamite: PRRROGRESS!

AH! Kano is progressing o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fucktards!

So these moronic arsewipes running the state want to create more of 2 things:

1) Domestic violence.
2) Almajiris.

Cretins are marrying people that have no affection for each other so they produce more kids they cannot and will not be willing to take care of.

FOOOOOLS!

They are better off using that money to pay monthly allowance to the women so they take care of the kids they currently are not capable of taking care of.

Gbam!

Sagamite on point!
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Truckpusher(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
killuminati: between you and GEJ, I no knw who mumu passsss shockedundecided
this eediot dun come again .what has GEJ got to do with this or you're high on codeine syrup again?
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by nagoma(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Marriage is not important in the south where ssex is family business. Mothers , dauters and all participate , married or unmarried.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Kinguwem:
Why are they so many divorcees & widows in that region? Poverty, illiteracy, diseases, religious & cultural beliefs are the major factors. These issues should be addressed to reduce the population of widows & divorcees.

What is the number of divorcees & widows in your region? I bet u dont know that, because such statistics may not exist considering how widows and divorcees are treated. We all know the region of our country where widows are forced to sleep with their husbands corpse, swear by oracles, drink water from washed corpse, shave their hair, their properties and inheritance confiscated etc.

I have lived in both North and South, and I can tell you despite the high level of poverty and illiteracy that exists in the north, widows and divorcees are treated more humanely in that part of the country than in the South, and Kano state govt initiative just proves that. Do you know the population of men and women in our country who have become "public property" simply because they cant afford the money to finance their weddings?

Kano state govt effort should be commended. We should not let sentiments turn us into educated illiterates.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Truckpusher(m): 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
nagoma: Marriage is not important in the south where ssex is family business. Mothers , dauters and all participate , married or unmarried.
Deceive yourself by yourself.Time will tell, when the economic difference between the South and the North becomes so glaring to all and sundry you'll naturally go back to your desert even Niger will become your Yankee....as for the infidelity thing it's all over the country don't let those mask you force them to wear deceive you at least I served in the North and I still remember what I saw....una women thief fu/ck pass rat wey dey thief fish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Lawal Shuaibu To APC NWC: You Lack Powers To Investigate, Punish Me / South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / We’re Planning To Build Two Refineries In Nigeria—Independent Petroleum Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.