Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding (10746 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / List Of People Who Donated N100m For Pres. Jonathan's Nomination Form / Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Maxymilliano(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Kano – The Kano State Government said it earmarked more than N100 million for the wedding of another batch of 1,000 divorcees and widows scheduled for January.

The Director-General of the state Hisbah Board, Alhaji Abba Sufi, disclosed this in an interview in Kano on Thursday. He said the board had “since started preparation in readiness for the mass wedding”.

“The screening of the prospective couples has commenced in earnest in all the 44 local government areas of the state,’’ he said. Sufi said prospective couples must undergo medical checks, including HIV and AIDS, genotype and hepatitis tests, among others.

He said following the decentralization of the programme, each of the councils would hold the wedding prayer session for 21 couples.

He said the session for the remaining 76 couples would be performed in Kano. Sufi said the state government would pay N20,000 dowries to each of the brides, in addition to providing essential items for the couples.

The board has written to wealthy individuals and corporate organisations for their contributions towards the success of the programme.’’ In July last year 250 widows and divorcees were joined under the second batch of the mass wedding. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/kano-earmarks-n100m-for-mass-wedding/
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by seanet01: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
No wonder this region is very r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.

11 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
hahaha!! This is really funny ...i wonder if getting married is a must in that L.Gundecided

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Enegod(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
What a shame!
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Koolface4u: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wen wil i come first dis yr nw?

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by tbaba1234: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Widows and Divorcees go through very difficult times and are stigmatized in our society. An initiative that makes it easier for them to remarry is a good one.

At the end of the day, I think this is a good initiative but it could have been better if it was organized by private individuals.

All the same, i think this is great.

17 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Koolface4u: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wen wil i b'come first to.... dis yr nw?
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin onye ne kwu

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wow,thats nice.am happy for them.the set of people who our sick society has neglected,abandoned,trampled upon and looked down on are rewarded.thats good to know.they deserve it.to all the widows and divorcees,you still have a life after a dead marriage or spouse :*

2 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Like seriously? The govt is sponsoring peoples weddings and paying their bride price too?

Ok. Maybe that will be the governor's next campaign slogan... I paid for the mass wedding of 2000 widowers/divorcees. One good turn deserves another.

All hail our performing ogovernors,!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by FlamingGun: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
...... smileyHUMAN DEVELOPMENT shocked
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by nagoma(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wow ! 100 million! You can add 25 000 mobile phones to 10 million GEJ is buying for farmers with that amount.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
While their southern counterparts are building infrastructure, these folks are wasting money on marriages. Smh

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by kunlekunle: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
zuwo people.
just give them 100k each for biz, they'll be self reliant forever.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by free2ryhme: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
this one dey increase divorce .... I divorce you, I divorce you I divorce you .. sharply go marry anoda aboki

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hahahahahahaha!

Aboki nor get money to do wedding yet den dey open mouth talk say na den get naija.

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Enegod: What a shame!
what is shameful about that,o,its not shameful when widows are dehumanized and forced to drink the water that was used in washing their late husband's body or its not shameful in the 21st century,not stone age when womens hair are shaved or their matrimonial house taken from them and stripped of all forms of human dignity or is it their kids i should talk about.tell me which is shameful,that government should ignore them because they are not human beings like you and i or are not nigerians? Nigerians sha.smh

12 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by pressongodsay(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
if na me be all those ladies, i go dey divorce every year be dat.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by slimming: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
There are more developmental need than this in K-town now.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by 234GT(m): 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
I dey go Kano go marry. Free wedding!
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by saleeh: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
This is one of the beauty of Islam

7 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by trekkie: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
what is the annual budget of kano state that they can afford to spend this kind of money on what i can best describe as frivolity? after the wedding, they will spend their honeymoon in a house lit by lanterns,walk ten miles to get potable water,and risk their lives on bad roads but hey... they got married undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by saleeh: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
slimming: There are more developmental need than this in K-town now.
My brother this is where it starts from, if the family background is okay, the society will be

2 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by mu2sa2: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: No wonder this region is very r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.
You are the r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d for failing to see the need for govt to intervene positively in peoples lives. kudos to knsg.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Symphony007: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
I once saw something like this on al jazeera, it happens in kano state and it's a means of preventing divorces which is a common occurence over there. In which government hold mass weddings for couples, give them goodies and the women money to start buisness, in return only the government can approve your divorce and the woman will be protected in the case of widowhood.it's voluntary. I found it facinating...

2 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
mu2sa2: You are the r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d for failing to see the need for govt to intervene positively in peoples lives. kudos to knsg.

and u born children everywhere later turn almajiri abi

4 Likes

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
free2ryhme:

and u born children everywhere later turn almajiri abi

Gbam!
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by lazbay(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
China just recorded a breakthru in combating cancer. The news in Naija is dat Kano State is sponsoring mass wedding. If a man can't afford to pay bride price & d govt pays for him, who takes care of the children of d marriage after d wedding? I fear this will lead to anoda ready willing army of children for Boko Haram recruitment. God help Naija.

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Tolexander: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
well!
Dem even gat board!
Maybe they've gat all the social amenities in the state and they need nothing to do with their allocations. Make i carry my great grandma go maybe he go gat spouse.
Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by Enegod(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
why not empower those women with the money rather than arranging a fake marriage for them...this kinda trash cnt happen in south *so dissopointed*

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by DANILSA(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
234GT: I dey go Kano go marry. Free wedding!
ABEG WAIT FOR ME, SO YOU GO HELP ME PAY FOR TRAIN cool

1 Like

Re: Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding by umar745(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Whether Religiously or Economically I do not see how this benefits the state. It only promotes laziness. The state should get their priorities right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-rufai Receives Chieftaincy Title In Southern Kaduna / Umahi Says SE Governors, Ohanaeze, Senators To Meet President Buhari / Senator Lawal Shuaibu To APC NWC: You Lack Powers To Investigate, Punish Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.