Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) (13220 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
alexleo: @Jesoul, quite lovely. I appreciate your testimony but on the issue of tithing i disagree with your decision. [color=][/color]
Thank you brother. Some years ago we would have agreed. So even if we disagree today, perhaps a year from now we will agree again. Learning, changing your mind, exploring the validity of 'sacred' ideas are all part of "working out your salvation". May God empower us to work - hard. Amen.

Ihedinobi:

Right on the money, sis. cheesy That was a major ish for me. Well, maybe one day I will tell that story wink

By the way, 'Skeeto?! grin I actually feel some kinda fondness for that guy, but I think he just tolerates me sad
Same here. Muskeeto is so good natured and easy going. See him chatting on that christian thread like 'one of the guys'. Very cool, level headed dude. I like him tons.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
IZUKWU: baby, i have been a born again many times and backslided many times. Even now am not one but at least am close to to the church but by this time last year , i was like ,be a sinner and sin boldly. My first time or experience of being a born again was when i was in primary four , then in ACM ( anglican children ministry) one of the things i asked God,which he did for me was to start coming top of my class , which he did for me, i started preaching and i really preached young as i was then ., when i entered secondary school and all throught i was at best a nominal christian. My second experience was in my first year at the university. Was squatting with my cousin who was in third year then and was a big boy in his own right and my father asked him to be looking after me,i was like his errand boy alway deliverin letter to his girlfriend in her hostel room, then i was so shy and those ladies used me do yeye. When i will come and deliver my cousins love epistle, they will detain me and asking me silly questions like you don see breast before? You don bleep before etc . I was going towards that line till one sunday i attended one fellowship like that, it was their brother's day. They preached to me ,feed me and i answered alter call and started their follow up class and joined then fully . I didn't give my life fully till our first year and stood to answer alter after our president has made an alter call after preaching ,i feel an electric pass through and i was not the same afterwards. I stopped dropping love epistles for my cousin,stopped buying beer for him and his friends . Why ? They are sins . Begin to carry bible ,then baptism of the holy spirit and the attendant speaking in tongues. I was the prayer sec. Of the fellowship in my 2nd and third year. We made peace house revival labours labours our role model. It was wonderful experience . But family problems arose in my final year, i prayed and fasted and i expected and wanted God to answer today, tomorrow . He kept silent. Had carry overs ,had to come back for an extra year and i avoided brethren because i didn't want to be answering question about you didn't graduate and by the time i cleared my papers , my faith has grown cold. At youth service i was more or less a nominal christian, it was there i began to really backslide, started drinking,going after women and even lost my virginity there. The first my father saw me drink beer was after youth service and he shouted . 2 years in ikom for my first work experience and i was a complete believing unbeliever. I partied, i drank, i womanised,i fu3ked. Now here am i. Seen both sides of life , which is better? How i wish i never backslided,my life would have been very simple. Would like to be a born again, again. but it is not that simple.it is not done by power . Except God draws you by his spirit ,you can only be practicing religion.
i love this family of god, so closely knitted into one, he has taken me into his arms[don't know d lines very well] a part of this great family*song* cry you know y d tears, its cos when you get to d end of d rope and you let go of your hold, god becomes your hope...just tell him how you feel and watch him fix things, it may not be your way but it'll surely be d right way.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
@jesoul u are a writer...and a good one,
@manmustwac, i await your story...drop it like its hot!
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by IZUKWU(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
ATMC: i love this family of god, so closely knitted into one, he has taken me into his arms[don't know d lines very well] a part of this great family*song* cry you know y d tears, its cos when you get to d end of d rope and you let go of your hold, god becomes your hope...just tell him how you feel and watch him fix things, it may not be your way but it'll surely be d right way.
hahaha ha that's my fellowship song. Yeah am just hanging there .
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
ATMC: @jesoul u are a writer...and a good one,
Thank you sister smiley
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Joshthefirst(m): 7:54am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice thread by Mr. Anony
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by khaleb(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2013
Am actually touched by some of ur stories
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by texanomaly(f): 2:16am On Nov 26, 2013
@ Mr_Anony. What an incredibly journey. The Lord truly puts us where we need to be to grow. He loves us, and will show Himself when we are ready to receive Him. May God bless and keep you.

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2023
MrAnony1:
My aim of starting this thread is for Christians to share their stories of how they came to know Christ. It is not a thread for arguments, just one to share how we got saved, and perhaps we can move on to describe how we have been growing in Christ. I'll start with my story which by the way was inspired when a friend on this forum asked me to explain how I came to know Christ...............
How certain are you that you are in fact born-again? undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
I'm touched by the testimonies on this thread. Anyone who has met Jesus can relate.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How certain are you that you are in fact born-again? undecided
Are you the referee who can determine whether a man is born again or not?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ Are you the referee who can determine whether a man is born again or not?
1. Why does a simple question scare you? What evidence do you have that you are born-again? And please no tales abeg! undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why does a simple question scare you? What evidence do you have that you are born-again? And please no tales abeg! undecided
And why must I show you my evidence? Are you my God? Why can't you answer a simple question?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ And why must I show you my evidence? Are you my God? Why can't you answer a simple question?
1. I asked the question because most of the accounts I have read so far do not comply with the very teachings of Jesus Christ on the topic. undecided

Now I ask you too, what is your evidence that you are indeed born-again?. undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 12:00am On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I asked the question because most of the accounts I have read so far do not comply with the very teachings of Jesus Christ on the topic. undecided

Now I ask you too, what is your evidence that you are indeed born-again?. undecided
Almost everyone here knows you to be an heretic. You'll do well to share your evidence fiirst.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ Almost everyone here knows you to be an heretic. You'll do well to share your evidence fiirst.
1. What evidence do you have that you are indeed born-again? undecided

Jesus Christ is not a liar meaning it isn't possible to be born-again and not have the evidence that Jesus Christ Himself said all those who are will have. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 5:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What evidence do you have that you are indeed born-again? undecided

Jesus Christ is not a liar meaning it isn't possible to be born-again and not have the evidence that Jesus Christ Himself said all those who are will have. undecided
Your message is for yourself.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ Your message is for yourself.
1. Like the rest you also lack the evidence Jesus Christ revealed that everyone who is born-again must have. Why else would you hesitate to reveal the evidence you have which reveals you are indeed born-again. Interesting! undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Like the rest you also lack the evidence Jesus Christ revealed that everyone who is born-again must have. Why else would you hesitate to reveal the evidence you have which reveals you are indeed born-again. Interesting! undecided
If we lack the evidence, is it hard for you to show us yours? You lack the evidence too?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ If we lack the evidence, is it hard for you to show us yours? You lack the evidence too?
1. You claim to be born-again, right? All I am asking is you reveal the evidence that was given you by Jesus Christ when that supposedly took place in your life. Why are you hesitating? undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You claim to be born-again, right? All I am asking is you reveal the evidence that was given you by Jesus Christ when that supposedly took place in your life. Why are you hesitating? undecided

You too claim to be born-again, right? All I am asking is you too is to reveal the evidence that was given you by Jesus Christ when that supposedly took place in your life. Why are you also hesitating?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ You too claim to be born-again, right? All I am asking is you too is to reveal the evidence that was given you by Jesus Christ when that supposedly took place in your life. Why are you also hesitating?
1. I actually did reveal it a while back but you were quick to cast it down since it did not fit the script that your pastors and mogs had given you, making me wonder, what other evidence it is you have instead of your claim to be born-again apart from the very evidence Jesus Christ said all those who are born of spirit will have. undecided

Go back through the conversation at the link below. https://www.nairaland.com/7560461/being-atheist-it-excuse-wicked/1#120760693
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I actually did reveal it a while back but you were quick to cast it down since it did not fit the script that your pastors and mogs had given you, making me wonder, what other evidence it is you have instead of your claim to be born-again apart from the very evidence Jesus Christ said all those who are born of spirit will have. undecided

Go back through the conversation at the link below. https://www.nairaland.com/7560461/being-atheist-it-excuse-wicked/1#120760693
When I cast it down, did I quote any pastor? I told you the Biblical perspective of your experience.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
When I cast it down, did I quote any pastor? I told you the Biblical perspective of your experience.
Wrong! None of what you claimed was scriptural as instead, you read straight from the script fed to you by your pastors and mogs before you who also likely never had the born-again experience themselves. I have heard that same script used many times by Churchians, all of whom are unable to state the evidence they received when they supposedly because born again. undecided

Your claim was that somehow the Holy Spirit interacts with you when you become born again; that claim is unscriptural. You claimed the Holy Spirit is a gentle force or something, in contrast to Jesus Christ's own description of the spirit, one interacts with when born-again. So, who do we believe? You or Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! None of what you claimed was scriptural as instead, you read straight from the script fed to you by your pastors and mogs before you who also likely never had the born-again experience themselves. I have heard that same script used many times by Churchians, all of whom are unable to state the evidence they received when they supposedly because born again. undecided

Your claim was that somehow the Holy Spirit interacts with you when you become born again; that claim is unscriptural. You claimed the Holy Spirit is a gentle force or something, in contrast to Jesus Christ's own description of the spirit, one interacts with when born-again. So, who do we believe? You or Jesus Christ? undecided
The evidence of a saved soul is very glaring.

Changed Lives and a vehement hatred for sin. A new interest in fellowship and the study of the word. These things are not natural.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
.■ The evidence of a saved soul is very glaring. Changed Lives and a vehement hatred for sin.
A new interest in fellowship and the study of the word. These things are not natural.
1. That means absolutely bullsheet! What the heck is a saved soul? I am asking you for the evidence Jesus Christ said all who are born-again will have. You are busy spewing religious jargon at me. You think your religious scripts mean something in the grand scheme that is the Kingdom of God? grin

2. I Spot a direct lie? Jesus Christ never said a one acquires what you claim there when one becomes born again. Again, what evidence did you receive when you become born-again? undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That means absolutely bullsheet! What the heck is a saved soul? I am asking you for the evidence Jesus Christ said all who are born-again will have. You are busy spewing religious jargon at me. You think your religious scripts mean something in the grand scheme that is the Kingdom of God? grin

2. I Spot a direct lie? Jesus Christ never said a one acquires what you claim there when one becomes born again. Again, what evidence did you receive when you become born-again? undecided
Come back here when you meet Jesus. You're not oi m any position to discuss the Bible.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ Come back here when you meet Jesus. You're not oi m any position to discuss the Bible.
1. You that you pretend to be in the position to discuss the bible I ask then what proof is it that you have that you are in fact born-again?
▪︎ And please do not mention the Holy Spirit because Jesus Christ never suggested that He, the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth is avaliable to those who are merely born-again. undecided
▪︎ Also, do not mention again this claim of a new interest in scripture because, again, Jesus Christ never mentioned such a possibility to those who are born-again as it is instead up to each man where his focus will life before and after being born-again . undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You that you pretend to be in the position to discuss the bible I ask then what proof is it that you have that you are in fact born-again? And please do not mention the Holy Spirit because Jesus Christ never suggested that He, the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth is avaliable to those who are merely born-again. undecided
I told you to first tell me your own proof. Do that first.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ I told you to first tell me your own proof. Do that first.
1. I did tell you the proof and even showed you where it was I told it to you. The link I provided leads directly to where I revealed it. undecided

So, again, You that you pretend to be in the position to discuss the bible I ask then what proof is it that you have that you are in fact born-again?
▪︎ And please do not mention the Holy Spirit because Jesus Christ never suggested that He, the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth is avaliable to those who are merely born-again. undecided
▪︎ Also, do not mention again this claim of a new interest in scripture because, again, Jesus Christ never mentioned such a possibility to those who are born-again as it is instead up to each man where his focus will life before and after being born-again . undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by FxMasterz: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I did tell you the proof and even showed you where it was I told it to you. The link I provided leads directly to where I revealed it. undecided

So, again, You that you pretend to be in the position to discuss the bible I ask then what proof is it that you have that you are in fact born-again?
You narrated a supposed pre-salvation experience. That's not a proof of being saved. Your post-salvation experience contains the proof.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.