Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) (13234 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2013
obadiah777: I DONT THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH BANDWITH FOR CRAZYMANS TESTIMONY. HIS USERNAME IS HIS TESTIMONY tongue grin grin grin
Just spilled my drink...
Lmao...

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by cyrexx: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2013
Beretta92: u should like d fact dat i'm enjoying your stories.u might just get me re-converted,u knw.*winks*

You really dont dont know davidylan. Do you? He has absolutely zero tolerance for anything and anyone non-christian.

And i thought christians should be happy that non-christians are reading these stories and, who knows, may probably find a story that resonates with them and rethink their non-belief stand.

In my humble opinion, one of the main reasons for religious non-belief is some christians who acknowledge Christ with their lips and deny him by their lifestyle. Thats is what some non-believers really find unbelievable.

By the way it is a non-believer (my humble self) who inspired this thread by asking the op to write his own testimony in exchange for me to tell him my own experience with atheism.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2013
cyrexx:

You really dont dont know davidylan. Do you? He has absolutely zero tolerance for anything and anyone non-christian.

And i thought christians should be happy that non-christians are reading these stories and, who knows, may probably find a story that resonates with them and rethink their non-belief stand.

In my humble opinion, one of the main reasons for religious unbelief is some christians who acknowledge Christ with their lips and deny him by their lifestyle. Thats is what some non-believers really find unbelievable.

By the way it is a non-believer (my humble self) who inspired this thread by asking the op to write his own testimony in exchange for me to tell him my own experience with atheism.
OYA clap for yourselfgrin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 09, 2013
cyrexx:

In my humble opinion, one of the main reasons for religious non-belief is some christians who acknowledge Christ with their lips and deny him by their lifestyle. Thats is what some non-believers really find unbelievable.

I have to agree.

Many of us are guilty of such, but maybe you guys should show real interest as opposed to mockery.

We are all here to learn and grow in whichever direction we choose to go.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 09, 2013
cyrexx:

DO YOU WANT A COOKIE ? THESE REPROBATE HEATHENS ARE SOMETHING ELSE undecided LOL JUST MESSIN WITH YA. ITS A GOOD THREAD. CLAP FOR YASEF cheesy
Bélla3: OYA clap for yourselfgrin
<<<< I BELIEVE IT IS A GENERAL SENTIMENT AMONGST US THEISTS WHEN WE SAY 'CLAP FOR YOURSELF CYREXX'
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2013
@Ishilove: hope u've understood the 'sleeping dog' advice... Lmao..
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2013
musKeeto: @Ishilove: hope u've understood the 'sleeping dog' advice... Lmao..
BUT I AM STILL SLEEPING LOLZ. OK LET ME NOT DERAIL THE THREAD. GOOD ALL AROUND STORY SO FAR YALL. WAITING TO READ MORE grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
obadiah777: I DONT THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH BANDWITH FOR CRAZYMANS TESTIMONY. HIS USERNAME IS HIS TESTIMONY tongue grin grin grin
Looool....abeg buzugee sorry obadiah, no use lafta wound me

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
alexleo:

Did you read the topic? How i got born-again( for christians only). Pls keep it at that. Or better still, you can create your own thread for whosoever will. Thanks.
hw is sum1,askn anoda person 'it seems ur drunk',beta then an actual live xperience we cn learn,frm.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
I grew up in a Christian family, RCCG members at that time, been born in a Christian family does not make you a christain.my dad was and still is the strictly church type, “by fire by force u most go to church!”, he would say, and worst scenario u don’t sit in the front roll or section ur in trouble. Typically anything biblical related I was considered good in church, among my age group, quiz, recitation etc, but as we know that not salvation and I knew it. a time came I hated my father. Like greatly and I associated my dad with God, and I still do till date. my dad had an uncanny ability to make me feel dirty ,imperfect, guilty even when Ihad nothing to be guilty about, worst case ,he always appear to bethe perfect one ,the saint, pure andholy, he never forgives, he’ll always look for a way to remain me of my sins, seriously who else does that, GOD OF CAUSE. I remember a day when I was really making an effort in serving God, seriously, so it happened that I sat at the back roll of the church, so I could concentrate with out my dad behind me making me conscious, the church closed I was rilly excitedcause I was happy with God and myself, that connection was their, Ireached my dad’s car only to be question y didn’t I sit in the front sit,blah,blah ,blah, he eventually drove off and left me to track home ,I was so furious I throw my bible into the drainage, with this exact words from coming out from my mouth “ if this is how God is, then I don’t want to serve him”.
I was born in Lagos, number 4 bale street ( how do u spell broom in Yoruba, or say ebale),some distance from the army barrack, if your heading to oshodi. I never hadfriends, yes I had children I play with but I never really considered them to be friends, so most times im always alone, I ran away from home as much as possible, but I never was an area boy, I slept out in the street or front of closed shops, shades anywhere I can lie ma head, was I scared?, certainly but I had unseen friends that watched over me, as I mould into shapes and curls, in a protective instinct, then it was ma believe that any part of my body exposed,not cover would be grabbed by spirits or passer by. Christianity never felt like the path for me, even while growing up, so I got into some self mystical things, my unseen friends made sure of that, I excelled in knowledge, I didn’t need to be the smartest nor take first in ma class everybody knew I was the most acquainted with knowledge, and I never bothered with been top, I never even try but yet I excelled.
I was eventually sent to the boarding school, cause my father didn’t want me around him, in his word, his tempted always to kill me, funny thing is he cant, such power isn’t given onto him ,he is a mere man and that I grew up to dislike. In the boarding house I discovered exactly how strange I was, seriously strange, I had a way of enforcing my will on people,they can never distinguish between my will and theirs, so I use them, then I cnt explain it but I did stuff beyond me to people, I did not kill anybody, or suck blood or attend meetings, I just did stuff beyond me, as a small boy I grew confused not really understanding what I was doing, I ran to God, guilt creep in, it was what I couldn’t live with, facing what I had done, I ran to God, well he gave a temporary relief , it becamea back and front thing between meand him, I read the bible to the nail, even finished the additional bible then, cause of my guilt, I was searching. eventually my unseen friends would come and force me to do my business, I fought and resisted, sometimes by the time im done doing what I do at night, the I’ll gain myself, so I eventually tied myself to ma bunk at night, but by the time I untie myself I would have no memory ,and if I do I cant stop got expelled from the boarding house eventually, my dadwas invited, “I train u in the way if the lord”, he scolded as always then end it with a brag, when I felt like opening up to him I did, which I regret till today, cause he used it against me. I underwent deliverance 4 good times, nothing happened,, instead my unseen friends just went for recession,even I too, then we come bigger, wiser and better then before. eventually my unseen friend help me stand up to my dad one day should have seen his face when he lost his grab, when all he did to make me guilty fell to the ground,when I had my voice and said the truth and what I felt,men.no more church.
I got into occult, Satanism and witchcraft, occult is more me than any other, I developed my powers by the help of my unseen friends and they taught me everything cause im self taught and brought up, I had always had the dream and they mustard me towards to .
It happened in my hundred level inthe university, I went clubbing all nite for the first time, not that I was restricted at home formally but drinking, clubbing etc most of my mates do aint really my fancy, but I just wanted to do it that day , in fact I felt event shaping that daybut I never bothered to check whatwas ahead. I went clubbing ,had my first drink, red bull, I went home and slept off, that day ,that night and that moment, death stared me in the eye, their was no way. Christ saved me that night, I kept it at the back off my mind, thenext day someone approached me accidentally and shared the word of God with me, to him it a normal soul hunting routine ,but to me it was a divine setup.
im not telling u that im currently a christain ,but we learn from every dimention good or bad.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
SO FAR A COMMON THEME WITH YOU GUYS IS THAT YOU WERE INTO SATANISM. THATS HEAVY STUFF. ANONY GOSHEN AND GOSHAP.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
goshap: well sha,as usual, grow up in a christ familly,RCCG member for tat matter,u no born in christain familly doesnt mak u a christain,bin young anytin biblica,i was no 1,in ma church,tatz around ma age group,even remember ma dad signed me up for baptism,b4 i even knew wat it was,so i gt the holy ghost,luckily a pastor talk sense into him,i was so happy eh,da joy in ma belle then was emm,i was happy for too reason 1.till date ma father still makes christainity so,watz da word,em frighten,struggled,by fire by force,eager n a means of control ova me,2. If at tat moment i suffer maslf n i no gt holy spirit,i wud record it as wastage.
I grew up hating ma father,so much tat men i dont even want to near church,i associated God with ma father,behaviour wise,dnt gt me wrong if i enta trouble ma father wud b der,to help,bt mostly na to save him face n crucify me,so he will use it against me in future,u did tis n tat.at a tender age if i stand b4 ma father his words make me fill dirty,while he crowns himslf perfection,he still does tat till date.growing up nt an area boi,infact i grow up in lagos n was born der,sumtin no4 bale street,tats on ur way to osohdi. So i always ran away frm home,i dont kip frnd so it was jst me,wer i leva slp b4,men no wer,small boi in da middle of the nite,men my mind playd tricks n scary movies on me i lived through it,funny da slowpoke doesnt care wat happens to me,in his words ,na god bring'em na him gt em,he still says it till today,then he say its a miracle i am wer i am today ,cos if i trace da line,area boy things.
At an early stage unseen powers bcame ma frnd,i slpt in na nite,outside n alone,sumtin protected me,kipt me company,i saw ma first aura at a vry early stage,infact too early,i playd wit it,slpn at nite fear was natural bt i remaind calm,satan was ma frnd, offern money giv me i chop'em,i knew wer money was in da house at anytym,if money da i no,n i gt it anywer,even if na ma mama rapper wa she tie,i'l gt it she'll nt notice (tid 1,i regret), ma fada na hard ma trust'em,he flogged me through the nite,i raise table,i driv machine,i carry block as punishment,military training,throughout da nite yt, i did nt change nida was fear found in me,concerning him money,i grow use to i. U c der tis shaman initiation wer da new comer,is taken into the nite n buried,left in the mountain,or askd to slp in the grave yard alone,the idea is to face death,wen u cumout u fear nothing,gud i did tat in the practical sense,so who i won fear?.unseed force wer always ma frnd ,i rember wen 1 idiot wanted to sacrifice me, then if nt for da forces i for don. So i grew far frm church,dnt gt me wrong i go to church,bt im sumtin else,i know da scripture,i finish readn da bible as a small boi,atleast da major chapters,to the nail,even the additional chapter,i read it as a small boi,yt .
Went to boarding skul,since ma dad wanted me far frm him,it was here i discovered exactly hw different i was,i was so acquinted with magic n occult,even b4 i knew wat it was,like i said iv got guildians,so lookn back nt surprised, i did nt witch anybody o or kill,bt i av a way of enforcing ma will on pple, u go da luk me yt i will do want i want n go,sexually of course,it will b as if ur day dreaming,bt me nt undastanding wat was going on,i gt confused,i ran to God,manytimes to save me frm sin n guilt,cos sumtime itz nt tat i want to do wat i do to pple bt i jst gt too,do it,so God n i settle for a while more lik a circle of guilt n shame,then back again i go back, to ma center,eventually gt expelled as a result of doubtn n refusing ma unseen frnds,they tot me a lesson ,eventually ma fada cum skul, i brought u up in the way of the lord blah blah bah,i went for deliverence mfm church,men nothing happened,i was so furious ,cos i only went cos of ma fada's ideas,4 dliverance nothing happened,ma knowledge n power come back wiser n more powerful,eventually i grow courage to standup toada,n fuse to go for any more deliverence,i repeled his ctrl very well,u shud see his fce da day he losctae,tnks to ma unseen guilds.i got into satanism,magick n ma favourat occult,i was self taught.now christ was ready for me,as 1 day after ma first clubn in ma life n firstred bull ,i went home n slpt,gt ma near death experience ,i luk up,look down,God jst saved me, i knew it ,i felt it,nxt da sum jst approched me,tinkn imma new comer he shared the word of God wit me,i felt the connection,i found christ.
Please bros no vex but can you type in plain english abeg? This is hard to read

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mr_Anony:

He cant. Rather he will abuse you.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I tried to read, bt when i got midway i started having a migraine.embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 10, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I grew up in a Christian family, RCCG members at that time, been born in a Christian family does not make you a christain.my dad was and still is the strictly church type, “by fire by force u most go to church!”, he would say, and worst scenario u don’t sit in the front roll or section ur in trouble. Typically anything biblical related I was considered good in church, among my age group, quiz, recitation etc, but as we know that not salvation and I knew it. a time came I hated my father. Like greatly and I associated my dad with God, and I still do till date. my dad had an uncanny ability to make me feel dirty ,imperfect, guilty even when I had nothing to be guilty about, worst case ,he always appear to be the perfect one ,the saint, pure and holy, he never forgives, he’ll always look for a way to remain me of my sins, seriously who else does that, GOD OF CAUSE. I remember a day when I was really making an effort in serving God, seriously, so it happened that I sat at the back roll of the church, so I could concentrate with out my dad behind me making me conscious, the church closed I was rilly excited cause I was happy with God and myself, that connection was their, I reached my dad’s car only to be question y didn’t I sit in the front sit,blah,blah ,blah, he eventually drove off and left me to track home ,I was so furious I throw my bible into the drainage, with this exact words from coming out from my mouth “ if this is how God is, then I don’t want to serve him”.
I was born in Lagos, number 4 bale street ( how do u spell broom in Yoruba, or say ebale),some distance from the army barrack, if your heading to oshodi. I never had friends, yes I had children I play with but I never really considered them to be friends, so most times im always alone, I ran away from home as much as possible, but I never was an area boy, I slept out in the street or front of closed shops, shades anywhere I can lie ma head, was I scared?, certainly but I had unseen friends that watched over me, as I mould into shapes and curls, in a protective instinct, then it was ma believe that any part of my body exposed ,not cover would be grabbed by spirits or passer by. Christianity never felt like the path for me, even while growing up, so I got into some self mystical things, my unseen friends made sure of that, I excelled in knowledge, I didn’t need to be the smartest nor take first in ma class everybody knew I was the most acquainted with knowledge, and I never bothered with been top, I never even try but yet I excelled.
I was eventually sent to the boarding school, cause my father didn’t want me around him, in his word, his tempted always to kill me, funny thing is he cant, such power isn’t given onto him ,he is a mere man and that I grew up to dislike. In the boarding house I discovered exactly how strange I was, seriously strange, I had a way of enforcing my will on people ,they can never distinguish between my will and theirs, so I use them, then I cnt explain it but I did stuff beyond me to people, I did not kill anybody, or suck blood or attend meetings, I just did stuff beyond me, as a small boy I grew confused not really understanding what I was doing, I ran to God, guilt creep in, it was what I couldn’t live with, facing what I had done, I ran to God, well he gave a temporary relief , it became a back and front thing between me and him, I read the bible to the nail, even finished the additional bible then, cause of my guilt, I was searching. eventually my unseen friends would come and force me to do my business, I fought and resisted, sometimes by the time im done doing what I do at night, the I’ll gain myself, so I eventually tied myself to ma bunk at night, but by the time I untie myself I would have no memory ,and if I do I cant stop got expelled from the boarding house eventually, my dad was invited, “I train u in the way if the lord”, he scolded as always then end it with a brag, when I felt like opening up to him I did, which I regret till today, cause he used it against me. I underwent deliverance 4 good times, nothing happened,, instead my unseen friends just went for recession ,even I too, then we come bigger, wiser and better then before. eventually my unseen friend help me stand up to my dad one day should have seen his face when he lost his grab, when all he did to make me guilty fell to the ground ,when I had my voice and said the truth and what I felt,men.no more church.
I got into occult, Satanism and witchcraft, occult is more me than any other, I developed my powers by the help of my unseen friends and they taught me everything cause im self taught and brought up, I had always had the dream and they mustard me towards to .
It happened in my hundred level in the university, I went clubbing all nite for the first time, not that I was restricted at home formally but drinking, clubbing etc most of my mates do aint really my fancy, but I just wanted to do it that day , in fact I felt event shaping that day but I never bothered to check what was ahead. I went clubbing ,had my first drink, red bull, I went home and slept off, that day ,that night and that moment, death stared me in the eye, their was no way. Christ saved me that night, I kept it at the back off my mind, the next day someone approached me accidentally and shared the word of God with me, to him it a normal soul hunting routine ,but to me it was a divine setup.

im not telling u that im currently a christain ,but we learn from every dimention good or bad.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Bélla3: I tried to read, bt when i got midway i started having a migraine.embarassed
sorry 4 that sumtime i write forgeting im nt writing 4 myself alone,n certin xpression r beta conveyd in pigin than in english,cause they'r short and carries more emphasis joke wise.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 10, 2013
alexleo:

He cant. Rather he will abuse you.
i wudnt do that i was only tryn to prove 2 the other poster that he or she can read it if s/he wants, hence the coded insult,was hoping to receive causes in response,then i'll say u see u read it and understood me
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 10, 2013
Mr_Anony: Where is Ihedinobi when you need him?

..........testimonies I am still hoping to see: Bella3, Image123, JeSoul, Berreta, Goshap and Enigma...........

He's right here, twin bro. So sorry I'm only just finding this thread. And yes, I'm curious about those people especially Image123, JeSoul and Enigma.

First off, this thread was a great idea, twin bro. I rep it 100%. I've seen the stories on here except for the difficult-to-read one that I mean to try again. A few cut me to the heart, the others gave me food for thought. My own story is a mouthful and it can be boring. It's a tale of frustration, tears, desperation and rejoicing.

As a kid, I practically lived in the Bible. I cannoy say now what fascinated me about God, the Bible and whatnot, but I know that my earliest memories have me surprising adults enough to be given nicknames like Bishop, Pastor or other such. I am told that when I was little, I used to gather the kids amd practically conduct another service when we returned from church. I myself remember that I used to do that in secondary school and whenever I returned to the village for christmas in my early to mid teens.

I know that I loved to read but I don't know that I read anything as much as my Bible as I grew up. I flirted with questions like "where did God come from"; "if God is the beginning and the end, what would happen when we got to the end"; "wouldn't we get bored with living forever"; would God get bored and wipe us out and create a whole new cosmos or would we evolve until we become like God and He creates another set of beings to retrace our journey"; "is that how angels came about: once created human and they evolved" "is there really Some One or Some Thing out there" though. Such questions scared me because they made me feel like I was daring to question God, so I never asked them out loud, at least I don't remember doing so. That was very early in my life, however.

I stood out in Sunday School, was called brilliant and lauded for my knowledge of the Scriptures. Everyone wanted me in onw competition or another. By secondary school though, I was losing interest in everything except being born again and being holy. I answered so many altar calls that I lost count. I was forever losing my salvation for one impure thought or another or one fit of anger exhibited against my only younger sibling. I was so conscious of frustration, an inability to make what was true on the outside true on the inside as well. For instance, while I did not keep normal romantic relationships with girls (no kissing or touching besides holding hands to pray together), I most certainly carried very heated passions around. My imagination ran wild with s.exual charge. I nursed secret desires to be wild and unfettered. I felt increasingly like I was a great hypocrite.

This carried on until I got into a polytechnic by which time my moral energy was beginning to flag from all that repression. At that time, I began to tell everyone who would listen that I was no Christian. I figured that God probably needed me to acknowledge my sinfulness before He could save me, so I tried to do what evil I could. Since I never cared much for drinking, smoking and partying, I never did these things and, not being gregarious or inclined to reckless and violent behavior, I couldn't join a campus gang. But I loved women and tried to run that show. It was a puzzle to me though that none of my escapades finished in actual s.exual intercourse while I was in that school. I felt so frustrated that even after "trying so hard to be bad", God still wouldn't save me. And I felt cheated s.exually. So when I left that school and got admitted into the university, I told God that I was sick and tired of trying to get saved, losing with each effort some pleasure or achievement of life, but that I did want to get saved but was too tired to keep trying. I told Him then that my salvation was now on Him, unless He saved me I was going to live exactly as I pleased and that if He wouldn't save me He should free me from that terrible conscience that crippled me at every juncture. I finally begged Him to save me and not let me go the way I was mapping out for myself.

By this time, I'd already been baptized in water. For some reason I did it just before I left the polytechnic after obtaining my National Diploma. Two days after I moved into my new school, I broke one of my rules and headed out to find a fellowship. I had decided to avoid fellowships so that no one would assume that I was a Christian and sport Christian expectations of me, I'd noticed that that tended to happen whenever I got involved in discussions relating to the Scriptures. In any case, I found one...an hour before their bi-weekly meeting was scheduled to start. I sat in the venue nonetheless to wait, don't ask me why, I'm not sure I've found out yet.

I don't remember how long I sat there before it happened and I don't remember reading my Bible or saying a prayer or anything like that, but I remember that the reason I joined the pre-fellowhip prayer that was held half an hour to the start of fellowship was because I'd been born again. I was practically bubbling with joy that evening. I might as well have been surfing tsunamis then, it felt something like, "YES!!! FINALLY!!!!!"

But I felt that it didn't make a great deal of sense to be saved without a sinner's prayer, at least. So sometime during the fellowship, I went behind a back seat and got on my knees to follow routine. The rebuke that thundered within me felt like God had threatened to thrash me if I didn't get up off the floor. So, J didn't say a sinner's prayer. Tomorrow's gonna make it a six-year old event.

My walk with Father since then has been many things. There have been terrible sorrows, shameful failures, rending fears and bone-crushing trials, but there have also been incredible surprises, exciting promises, great joys and unfailing peace.

Like my big brother Enigma said, I have been saved, am being saved and will be saved.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Em, brother goshap, from the little i can glean from your 'testimony', you grew up in a very spiri-koko family, but despite this, it seems you were demonically possessed. How did these demons enter your life?

You were operating in the boarding school, were you able to initiate anybody?

What was your modus operandi? What did you do at night that so frightened you that you had to tie yourself to the bed?

You dabbled into satanism and witchcraft. Have you gone for deliverance? I ask because i sense you are badly in need of divine deliverance.

May God help us all
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 11, 2013
I actually left out a great deal of detail in my story, partly because I wasn't feeling very well when I wrote it and partly because I didn't want to make the story too cumbersome to read.

So, I'm gonna mention a few things that I think are key to comprehending my story. Back in the secondary school, SS 2 or so, I felt certain (except maybe in that deep part of me where a person's true feelings and whatnot lie) that I'd received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. From that evening forth, I "spoke in tongues". I used to have a great deal of religious feeling and fervour back then. Each time I got "saved" I had some kind of special feeling. Each time I fellowshipped with brethren, I felt renewed and energized. Everytime I had cause to deal with that internal debate whether or not I'd been really and truly saved, I had very many arguments to convince myself that I had. I understood the Bible, didn't I? Even enough to teach it, no? Didn't the Bible say that it was only the spiritual that comprehended the Scriptures? I must be spiritual then since I did. I didn't chase girls, did I? Even though I had very powerful s.exual urges and attraction to them? I was not a bad boy and I always did better than my best to keep within the rules of the Scriptures. I was one of the pillars of the school fellowship, wasn't I? God knew nothing mattered as much to me as pleasing Him. I had to be a Christian.

But I was miserable. I was extremely frustrated about the whole thing. I tended to feel like, you know, if only I could reach a little more, I might catch hold of this thing. But I, for all the noise and bluster, was never sure I'd really been born again.

There is a great difference between naming oneself a Christian and the Lord calling His Own Name upon one. It took a long time for me to learn that salvation is not by works (including the work of answering altar calls and saying sinners' prayers and trying to live right) so that no man may boast, it is a gift of grace. The Lord had to wait until I came to the end of myself and could only either take His outstretched arm or commit myself to the deep. The wonderful thing about my time of desperation was that I'd lost my fear of hell.

I'd come to the point where I couldn't conceive of a worse condition than roaming "free" without God in the world. The pleasure of women, money and respect was calling, and I was all for answering unless God Himself called me.

Getting saved six years ago was not about a feeling but about a reality. For the first time, I knew I'd been saved. I was completely sure of it and I was utterly certain too that it was eternal, utterly irreversible. I don't have any good memory of the particular moment, but I remember very clearly that I knew. I was born again, my Father had found me and I was never going to be lost again. The astounding thing was that I didn't have a developed theology about the constancy of the New Birth then, and in the past I had been forever in fear that one slip-up, however little, was enough to cost one heaven and earn one hell. But that very day, I had no doubt that what I had received could not be lost. It was as time went on that I learned how that was so.

This part is another story altogether and I may or may not tell it: beginning from that day, a complete redefinition of Christ began for me. I came to see how I'd been so very wrong about a great many things, like there being an elaborate set of rules by which a true Christian was expected to abide, or there being a dichotomy between the spiritual life and the material and a great deal more. In fact, for five years I endured very gruelling exercises of spirit and soul to learn the most amazing thing: the meaning of Life. At the end of that testing time, my head which was all my life pretty much stuck in the clouds looking for God was extracted from there and accustomed to living on earth even if as a pilgrim. Perhaps I'll tell the story more fully later, perhaps not, but the one thing that I know that has revolutionized everything for me was learning what/who the Christ of God means. He is far more than just another religious persuasion or philosophical musing, He is God's whole wealth and the Answer to every single question in the human heart.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 6:09am On Jan 11, 2013
Ihedinobi: Perhaps I'll tell the story more fully later, perhaps not, but the one thing that I know that has revolutionized everything for me was learning what/who the Christ of God means. He is far more than just another religious persuasion or philosophical musing, He is God's whole wealth and the Answer to every single question in the human heart.
WORD! A lot of people miss this.

Thank God for you my brother. No more mmanmezi revival (I-no-go-do-am-again revival) for you.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:
WORD! A lot of people miss this.

Thank God for you my brother. No more mmanmezi revival (I-no-go-do-am-again revival) for you.
Lmao @ mmanmezi revival...
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2013
Ishilove: Em, brother goshap, from the little i can glean from your 'testimony', you grew up in a very spiri-koko family, but despite this, it seems you were demonically possessed. How did these demons enter your life?

What was your modus operandi? What did you do at night that so frightened you that you had to tie yourself to the bed?

You dabbled into satanism and witchcraft. Have you gone for deliverance? I ask because i sense you are badly in need of divine deliverance.

May God help us all
well i wish i was certainly possessed as a child,bt i wasn't,com'on i'v gone down memory lane,i wasn't,lets just say i was been brewed from the start . Ofcause then i neve knew,but tracing my steps ,i was been directed, y didnt i become an area boy?,i spent most my life outside my home, y didnt i ever find frnds and belong?,their many why's,
And to ur deliverance question,yes i'v gone for deliverance four times, now theirz a reason i was neva delivered,i see it as a rebirth stage ,i comeout better than before ,and will always.i did all my deliverance in mfm.
To what i did in boarding school,i never initiated anyone,though my words is powerful, i did talk many into magick.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 11, 2013
Ishilove: Em, brother goshap, from the little i can glean from your 'testimony', you grew up in a very spiri-koko family, but despite this, it seems you were demonically possessed. How did these demons enter your life?

May God help us all
picture me as a heathen born in a christain family.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ihedinobi from ur post, u r yet to experirence seex or have u? smileyjust being curious lol
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by rhowly(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
ATMC: @ihedinobi from ur post, u r yet to experirence seex or have u? smileyjust being curious lol
smiley and what would that do for you? lol
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
^^^
Lol, Abeg help me ask her why she is so curious
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
ATMC: @ihedinobi from ur post, u r yet to experirence seex or have u? smileyjust being curious lol
y u asking such kindof 2 personal a question ,bt i guess we are adults.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by dagr8(m): 2:48am On Jan 13, 2013
Na wa 4 u... cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Winners Chapel In Ilorin Burnt Down Over Land Dispute / Doctrines And Services Of Celestial Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.