Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) (13211 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC: @ihedinobi from ur post, u r yet to experirence seex or have u? smileyjust being curious lol

Lol. Oh, I don't know, did you read only between the lines? grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

There is a saying:

"Before you read inbetween the lines, make sure you have read the lines themselves first"
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC this your question self!grin OYA LET ME ASK YOU: HAVE YOUwink
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Exactly what she's asking, have you read between the lines? :X

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2013
rhowly:
smiley and what would that do for you? lol
BĂ©lla3: ATMC this your question self!grin OYA LET ME ASK YOU: HAVE YOUwink
i haven't but will very soon, i heard d thing is very sweet, i've got my local anagelsic cos i don't want to miss out on d sweetness cos of pain by the way have you? *winks*
Ihedinobi:

no, i read what you wrote, don't duck my question c'mon lol
goshap: y u asking such kindof 2 personal a question ,bt i guess we are adults.
and so he should answer ba?
well i ask questions a lot and don't like assuming anything hence d question...as a matter of factly he stressed dt part dt he wonders dt d lord kept him from sexxual sin. Lol, ihedi answer na, all these people are curious too o...
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by moredendisc: 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC:

@ihedinobi from ur post,

u r yet to experirence seex or have u?

smiley just being curious lol

ATMC:

i haven't but will very soon, i heard d thing is very sweet, i've got my local anagelsic cos i don't want to miss out on d sweetness cos of pain by the way have you? *winks*no, i read what you wrote, don't duck my question c'mon loland so he should answer ba?
well i ask questions a lot and don't like assuming anything hence d question..

as a matter of factly he stressed dt part dt he wonders dt d lord kept him from sexxual sin.

Lol, ihedi answer na, all these people are curious too o...

@ATMC

If one so much as simply look at another sexx with lust, in the heart, such has committed sexxual sin.

Sexxual sin does not default to only physical penetration.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
Are you saying ihedi had looked at a woman lustfully?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC: Are you saying ihedi had looked at a woman lustfully?
Sis, I can see you are really determined in this your quest.

Why do you want to change this thread from testimonies of salvation to testimonies of sexual escapades?

The romance section is only next door.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Oya sorry...mr ihedi meet me at d next door
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
@izukwu, i see you...share your testimony, oya *smiles*
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC: Oya sorry...mr ihedi meet me at d next door
Thanks
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
I read in between the lines, and well. . . wink lipsrsealed
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Laff de kii me here o. Se de thread don turn to discussion of my matter, lol. I don dead! grin

Mr_Anony:
There is a saying:

"Before you read inbetween the lines, make sure you have read the lines themselves first"

Exactly my point. The answer to her question is right in the lines themselves. But when people start reading white spaces only ehn......matter de o!
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto:
Exactly what she's asking, have you read between the lines? :X

Given that I wrote it, I have some idea what the lines are, but between the lines is anyone's guess or invention as the case may be! wink In any case, as a ruler once said, I have written what I have written. Lol
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ishilove: I read in between the lines, and well. . . wink lipsrsealed

hehehe.......
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Given that I wrote it, I have some idea what the lines are, but between the lines is anyone's guess or invention as the case may be! wink In any case, as a ruler once said, I have written what I have written. Lol
Indeed, the ruler draws the lines, or is it the pencil?

Lol, I'll be on my way now...
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto:
Indeed, the ruler draws the lines, or is it the pencil?

Lol, I'll be on my way now...

Lol
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
ATMC: Oya sorry...mr ihedi meet me at d next door
hope im invited.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by IZUKWU(m): 7:32am On Jan 14, 2013
ATMC: @izukwu, i see you...share your testimony, oya *smiles*
baby, i have been a born again many times and backslided many times. Even now am not one but at least am close to to the church but by this time last year , i was like ,be a sinner and sin boldly. My first time or experience of being a born again was when i was in primary four , then in ACM ( anglican children ministry) one of the things i asked God,which he did for me was to start coming top of my class , which he did for me, i started preaching and i really preached young as i was then ., when i entered secondary school and all throught i was at best a nominal christian. My second experience was in my first year at the university. Was squatting with my cousin who was in third year then and was a big boy in his own right and my father asked him to be looking after me,i was like his errand boy alway deliverin letter to his girlfriend in her hostel room, then i was so shy and those ladies used me do yeye. When i will come and deliver my cousins love epistle, they will detain me and asking me silly questions like you don see breast before? You don bleep before etc . I was going towards that line till one sunday i attended one fellowship like that, it was their brother's day. They preached to me ,feed me and i answered alter call and started their follow up class and joined then fully . I didn't give my life fully till our first year and stood to answer alter after our president has made an alter call after preaching ,i feel an electric pass through and i was not the same afterwards. I stopped dropping love epistles for my cousin,stopped buying beer for him and his friends . Why ? They are sins . Begin to carry bible ,then baptism of the holy spirit and the attendant speaking in tongues. I was the prayer sec. Of the fellowship in my 2nd and third year. We made peace house revival labours labours our role model. It was wonderful experience . But family problems arose in my final year, i prayed and fasted and i expected and wanted God to answer today, tomorrow . He kept silent. Had carry overs ,had to come back for an extra year and i avoided brethren because i didn't want to be answering question about you didn't graduate and by the time i cleared my papers , my faith has grown cold. At youth service i was more or less a nominal christian, it was there i began to really backslide, started drinking,going after women and even lost my virginity there. The first my father saw me drink beer was after youth service and he shouted . 2 years in ikom for my first work experience and i was a complete believing unbeliever. I partied, i drank, i womanised,i fu3ked. Now here am i. Seen both sides of life , which is better? How i wish i never backslided,my life would have been very simple. Would like to be a born again, again. but it is not that simple.it is not done by power . Except God draws you by his spirit ,you can only be practicing religion.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Kings81: 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hi! brethren
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
Na wa oh. See query for Ihedinobi lol.

Wonderful testimony showing a different path to God. This part:
Ihedinobi: This part is another story altogether and I may or may not tell it: beginning from that day, a complete redefinition of Christ began for me. I came to see how I'd been so very wrong about a great many things, like there being an elaborate set of rules by which a true Christian was expected to abide, or there being a dichotomy between the spiritual life and the material and a great deal more.

I like. I think for christians there are several 'turning points' in our walk with God that we can point to as key moments that enhanced the 'working out of our salvation'. I'm so glad that God is so merciful...imagine how many of us get things so wrong all the time but His love remains unconditional. God be praised.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
"...so who will like to become a christian?"
asked the sunday school teacher
of his sermonized class
of 2 or 3 shy of a dozen years

Sure.
So I prayed the prayer
completely unaware
the magnitude of the action
the who, what or where
much like the wind
I couldn't tell where it came from
but it was instant in connection
firm in conviction
you may know it as the Holy Spirit
gentle in persuation
What can only be described as a divine obligation
to be, do, act, think and live right
was upon me
with all the power & might
of a lowly tw-eenager

And so the voice began to speak to me
frequently
it shaped my mind, my personality
guiding me
away from youthful indiscretions
I simply had no interest
I was a strange kid, I think
popularity contests, I would still win
But oh so potent
the presence of God and the wisdom it brings
I. knew.
many things I just knew.
with a knack for being eerily cool
insufficient answers to biblical questions?
no big deal
I knew
of my sin, hypocrisy & human beings
their shortcomings to me, was never attributed to the Heavenly
never took it personally
na all of una sabi
cos my faith was like an isolated island
audienced to supernatural events
far out of the ear-reach
the songs of a confusing world
and serenade it has, all life long
carry on world, carry on.

I must have been a strange child
who wanted to be an astronaut-doctor-president-athlete-musician-scientist
I am the latt, latte & latter
that's athlete, musician & scientist, in case you didn't get it
my father taught me to dream big
my Father taught me to dream bigger
I don't have all the answers
but I press hard
and search easy
I still know deep within me
as my imperfections remind me daily
my need to die daily
Fallen more than just seven times
I fall so short even humpty dumpty would blush
but by His grace, we press on
in the Lab, I search on
truth is fluid - much like science
what is good for the geese today
is bad for the gander tomorrow
philosophies built on sand
a little rain, a little shine, and gone, gone, gawn.
truth is like a moving target,
just when you think you got it...
carefully reconsider

Boston's on my feet
x-files on my screen
Tilapia stew for dinner
with the world's best husband
I'm random
Concert next weekend, the tv show next month
but favorite pasttime is couch & surf
with a glass of my badaze margarita
Super-duper power-ranger christians,
I have never spoken in tongues oh
never 'fallen under the anointing'
haven't cast out a thousand & one demons
and I don't tithe anymore
but I am possessed with irrational love for any believer
who names the name that is above every name
Jesus,
for those unfamiliar
or by choiced decoversion
It is well.
Of His children, all are precious
If the caged bird can still sing
then there's hope for the cornered cockroach
Impossible is just the beginning
of His reign there will be no ending
and I end with this
of which is the quality of your life philosophy?

Stretches a mile wide full of unanswered questions
but is only an inch deep

or

Stretches a inch wide, but is a mile deep
deep enough to love your neighbor,
as deep as you love yourself.

2 Corinthians 5:15
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by prairie(f): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
achina boy: talking about mr ivan,i think so many gone people before christ lived like ivan,but they never knew christ,and still people that dosen`t know christ still live life like ivan`s,so must you be a christian to portray all these attributes?
no u must nt, but dat is d msg of christ anyway, God is all knowing, he knows d heart of man and he is goin to judge man thru his heart
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by prairie(f): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
achina boy: nice story,but was not moved,don`t know how long you will last on this journey,viewing from my own angle,still have a looooooooong way to go
ask for guidance 'God created u widout u nd cannot save u widout u' #fulton sheen
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by prairie(f): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
ifeness: I am confused because the church of England have recently allowed gay priests and bishops into the church. Is that ok with you born-agains? It is part of tolerance preached by jesus i suppose. Would you attend the church of a gay pastor? I believe the missionaries came from England.
there are always bad eggs in d society but if u alredy kno d truth y pay dem heed? Besides missionaries dd nt onli com from england
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
@JeSoul: wow....
Greatest testimony I've ever read or heard...
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
JeSoul, darling sister, lovely!!! And yeah, you hit it. There's so much that we learn in the walk. Every child grows, in stature and in intellect as well as ability. No different with children of the New Birth. While so many of us are hung up on sins and being rid of failures, all Jesus Christ asks is that we look to Him. As we behold Him, not our sins, weaknesses, failings etc, we are changed into the same image, as the Scriptures say, from glory to ever-increasing glory.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ihedinobi: JeSoul, darling sister, lovely!!! And yeah, you hit it. There's so much that we learn in the walk. Every child grows, in stature and in intellect as well as ability. No different with children of the New Birth. While so many of us are hung up on sins and being rid of failures, all Jesus Christ asks is that we look to Him. As we behold Him, not our sins, weaknesses, failings etc, we are changed into the same image, as the Scriptures say, from glory to ever-increasing glory.
Exactly. Which is all the more reason for us to love & be patient with people around us, knowing that same love and patience was once (and still is) extended to us daily. Perhaps on another avenue you'll share some of that story...

musKeeto: @JeSoul: wow....
Greatest testimony I've ever read or heard...
You're always too kind 'Skeeto, tanka tanka! smiley
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 8:39am On Jan 15, 2013
@Jesoul, quite lovely. I appreciate your testimony but on the issue of tithing i disagree with your decision. [color=][/color]
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2013
alexleo: @Jesoul, quite lovely. I appreciate your testimony but on the issue of tithing i disagree with your decision. [color=][/color]

So you also support tithing ?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 15, 2013
JeSoul: Exactly. Which is all the more reason for us to love & be patient with people around us, knowing that same love and patience was once (and still is) extended to us daily. Perhaps on another avenue you'll share some of that story...

Right on the money, sis. cheesy That was a major ish for me. Well, maybe one day I will tell that story wink

By the way, 'Skeeto?! grin I actually feel some kinda fondness for that guy, but I think he just tolerates me sad
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2013
alexleo: @Jesoul, quite lovely. I appreciate your testimony but on the issue of tithing i disagree with your decision. [color=][/color]

Given the enormous fights over that issue, do you think this is the best place to start another?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation / Nicholas Anyanwu Wins Lawsuit As Abuja Court Nullifies His Suspension / Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.