Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,368 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa (23058 Views)

Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Ozonna(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
aurenflani:

What will happen if he is assassinated? Abeg go siddon jor. Okay I get it. Anther ojukwu abi? anyways, Cote d voire is still intact not split so they have enough room to accomodate another runaway rebel.

Dude, you know that Nigeria can't survive another civil war. Unlike Biafra, these guys have guns, oil money and they also have the sea. They have the wherewithal to sustain a 300yr old war if they so choose.

Anyway, I know you're joking
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by kenzspunpy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
aurenflani:

The power of incumbency is not only the reason to be succeessful against your opponents. Being incumbent is not an end by itself. it is only a means and that means GEJ has so far not been able to use to convince his political friends who helped him during 2011 PDP CONVENTION that he is with them afterwards. These guys are the serving governors and states and local party chairmen.

What I am saying is that the way he is going, unless he changes gear he cannot even scale the primaries let alone tocarry the flag of PDP in 2015.

@ Aurenflani, believe me, GEJ will win the primaries, fair, blue and square. Check my earlier comments. As long as he controls the party hierarchy at the National level, the Governors can be handled, even when the try to get heady. All he needs do is factionalise any state where the governor is becoming difficult, accredit his own faction at the convention, and he wins! You know party factions emerge due to interests. It's an old small politicking trick. Like I also mentioned earlier, these governors can't be trusted. They protect their own interests first. I hope you remember how Gov Timpre Sylva was handled by GEJ. Do you know that EFCC has come out to say they are investigating 12 governors? Do u understand where that is coming from? Those are tips of power of incumbency. See, GEJ may seem stupid, incompetent and a non-performer, but he knows the game. I reiterate, only a foolish incumbent President looses election in Africa. Besides, the desperation by the so called North whose leadership does not even have any political value and advantage to win at all cost will work in GEJ's favour, as this will make him to curry people's favour, just like it happened in 2011. Looks like it's already happening on this forum. You know why? People hate the bullish attitude of the north towards grabbing power just because the north feels marginalised. How they are been marginalised is what I don't even know. A region that has ruled for close to 40 years, does not produce any wealth for the nation, yet feed fat on wealth from other regions and still feel marginalised just because a southerner has ruled for 2 years? Is that truly funny? Suffice it to state that the north is not even united to make anything happen. If indeed there is a united north, why do you have "core" north, christian northerners, middle- belt and co? A united north does not even stand a chance talk less of a divided north.

I know it's painful to admit, but the north has really lost power in this country and I don't know how they will get it back, at least for now. Sustained violence can't even though the magic. For me, Boko Haram is more of a political tool, ostensibly to parade GEJ as incapable of handling the nation's security challenges. If not, why can't these 'northern leaders' devote their energy to tackling it rather than gun for the Presidency? Who is fooling who? Do you think 'stupid' GEJ doesn't know?. However, Boko Haram( BH) can go on as long as it can. It will only harm the North the more. Whose properties are BH destroying? Whose economy? How many investors have the north attracted with BH?

And if you don't know, the militants in the Niger Delta are still silently kept active. Do you think GEJ gives them billions of security contract for nothing? That "slowpoke" President knows what he is doing please. I maintain, he holds the ace and he will win if he wants to. This is Nigeria, this is Africa!

5 Likes

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
tomakint:
Why are u like this man? Abokis raped d country for 38 yrs, Jonathan 2 yrs in office has seen improvements in power supply, roads, foreign investments, electoral processes, and u and I know that d spate of insecurities was as a result of the hard-heartedness of the animals (abokis) we shared dis country with just because a Christian,Niger Deltan is there! Wake up cool
Why am I like what ? Dem swear for you? How much cassava brea do they give you. GEJ is dull and clueless. If Aboki is the problem find another Ijaw man. This one is TOOOOOOOOO DULL

I will give you ONE FACT

No President in Our history has earned as much money from oil in a single year as this man. NONE
AND HE IS STILL BORROWING
East West road he cannot do, PH -Aba road ? foul

IMprovement in road which road abeg tell us??

Benin-Sagamu Keep dreaming . The man is just there to LIVE LIVE A KING chopping life and smiling foolishly.

Why would I want another 6 year of this

Abokis did not r.ape this country that is propaganda.The largest Power plant in this country was built by Shagari in 4 years.
IBB built ABuja
In 13 years what has PDP delivered.

What did GEJ achieve in Bayelsa. Even now has he solved any problem in the delta.

HAS HE CLEANED UP A SINGLE CREEK??
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
kenzspunpy:
Take a cue from the last US election, with the seeming popularity of Mitt Romney and disadvantaged position of President Obama in the election build up, who won? Think guys, think. Politics is a game beyond noise making!!

You made perfect sense until you made this statement.

Dont compare a system where every vote counts to one where 1 man can vote 15,000 times.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
nath0507: Another civil war coming up like predicted abi. Am actually looking forward to it, my only prayer is for God to spare my loved ones still back home and the innocent. All this power struggle let's all just divided nija, let Igbo govern themselves, Hausa to there own and I guess the flip flopping Yorubas that go where the wind blows with no back bone will manage where ever they find themselves.

Funny you forgot about the Ijaws....
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ozonna: The only way to remove Pres Gej is by Assasination and you guys know what will happen to the unity of Nigeria if anything happens to GEJ.

As for 2015, with the powers @ his disposal no one/group except God himself can stop him from being re-elected.

Or if the same people that gave him 98.7% votes in their region just because they practice the same religion and speak (almost) the same language ignorantly foist him on the rest of the country.

But I doubt that'll work next time around... if he lasts that long. I forsee GEJ making a major gaffe that'll either have him:

A. Forced out by the people.

B. Forced out by the Army.

C. Forced out by the Senate.

Just my predictions.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Eziachi: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Or if the same people that gave him 98.7% votes in their region just because they practice the same religion and speak (almost) the same language ignorantly foist him on the rest of the country.

But I doubt that'll work next time around... if he lasts that long. I forsee GEJ making a major gaffe that'll either have him:

Just my predictions.
For the sake of arguement, who did your zone gave their vote in 2011 presidential election?

1 Like

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by free13: 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Just my predictions.

Stupid prediction.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ndukwejoe(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote
author=chiover]A region that ruled for 40+ years and left the country
in a precarious,dilapidated and shambolic state is still gunning for
power using all evil and unwaranted means and eye-killing words. Chase
is a bad choice of word. When will this region realize that power isnt
the only way to contribute to a nations development? [/quote]
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Those people who are Jonathan's kinsmen should stop and think.His performance is so bad it will spoil the way for another Ijaw man EVER.
THEY should be the ones chasing him out NOT northerners. There is no sense of purpose or direction.How can you call such a man a leader. If There was an Ijaw nation would they have selected this man as their leader??
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 12:27am On Jan 07, 2013
All that talk of they have guns and they can fight for 300 years is empty.
Consider the amnesty programme they ignorantly accepted. Did the government change the 13%? Is more money going to the communities? No. A few warlords and criminals are settled but it is business as usual.Nigeria continues to plunder their resources and devastate their environment and GEJ is doing NOTHING to clean up any of the polluted creeks.
Whether he is there for 4 years or 8 years the time will finish and then people will wake up and realise there is NO LEGACY because a goat cannot beget lions.
The miltants in accepting the amnesty programme showed their lack of purpose and sophistication. I think Boko Haram are now teaching all of us what militancy really looks like.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by tomakint: 1:22am On Jan 07, 2013
free13:

Stupid prediction.
Very silly indeed and way too immature! cool
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2013
Eziachi:
For the sake of arguement, who did your zone gave their vote in 2011 presidential election?

Pa Eziachi, I DO NOT HAVE A ZONE. I DO NOT OWE ALLEGIANCE TO ANY ONE PART OF NIGERIA, I LOVE ALL OF NIGERIA. I answer you respectfully because you are one of the few whose opinions I respect on here. Even though we cannot see each other, or truly figure out if the identities which we portray on here are for real, but the fact that you seem to come across as Older--- way older than me---will make me refrain from replying your question in the manner I would have had it been one of these known numbskulls that posed this question. I have seen your previous posts, and even you agree that GEJ is not the right man to carry on this job of leading Nigeria out of her present problems. Lets advocate for the best man to do the job instead of relying on sentiment when choosing a leader. Goodluck Jonathan's government is terrible, and even you cant deny that fact.

1 Like

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 07, 2013
free13:

Stupid prediction.

It sounds silly now but he refrained from hitting yall with another surprise this new year because of what happened last year. He will of course make another false move within the next 60-90 days (120 at the most) that much I can bet on--- he's that st*upid and selfish---- watch what happens then. Feel free to quote me when the time comes. Its Nigeria, its history, its 1966 and 1983 all over again just keep calm and keep watching the movie. Before I go, ask yourself: Why did he hurriedly retire certain officers and why are they keeping the names of those retired under wraps? He is only postponing the inevitable temporarily, he cant totally avoid it if he continues this way.

Anyway, like I said lets keep watching the drama as its unfolds.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Xfactoria: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2013
kenzspunpy:

@ Aurenflani, believe me, GEJ will win the primaries, fair, blue and square. Check my earlier comments. As long as he controls the party hierarchy at the National level, the Governors can be handled, even when the try to get heady. All he needs do is factionalise any state where the governor is becoming difficult, accredit his own faction at the convention, and he wins! You know party factions emerge due to interests. It's an old small politicking trick. Like I also mentioned earlier, these governors can't be trusted. They protect their own interests first. I hope you remember how Gov Timpre Sylva was handled by GEJ. Do you know that EFCC has come out to say they are investigating 12 governors? Do u understand where that is coming from? Those are tips of power of incumbency. See, GEJ may seem stupid, incompetent and a non-performer, but he knows the game. I reiterate, only a foolish incumbent President looses election in Africa. Besides, the desperation by the so called North whose leadership does not even have any political value and advantage to win at all cost will work in GEJ's favour, as this will make him to curry people's favour, just like it happened in 2011. Looks like it's already happening on this forum. You know why? People hate the bullish attitude of the north towards grabbing power just because the north feels marginalised. How they are been marginalised is what I don't even know. A region that has ruled for close to 40 years, does not produce any wealth for the nation, yet feed fat on wealth from other regions and still feel marginalised just because a southerner has ruled for 2 years? Is that truly funny? Suffice it to state that the north is not even united to make anything happen. If indeed there is a united north, why do you have "core" north, christian northerners, middle- belt and co? A united north does not even stand a chance talk less of a divided north.

I know it's painful to admit, but the north has really lost power in this country and I don't know how they will get it back, at least for now. Sustained violence can't even though the magic. For me, Boko Haram is more of a political tool, ostensibly to parade GEJ as incapable of handling the nation's security challenges. If not, why can't these 'northern leaders' devote their energy to tackling it rather than gun for the Presidency? Who is fooling who? Do you think 'stupid' GEJ doesn't know?. However, Boko Haram( BH) can go on as long as it can. It will only harm the North the more. Whose properties are BH destroying? Whose economy? How many investors have the north attracted with BH?

And if you don't know, the militants in the Niger Delta are still silently kept active. Do you think GEJ gives them billions of security contract for nothing? That "slowpoke" President knows what he is doing please. I maintain, he holds the ace and he will win if he wants to. This is Nigeria, this is Africa!

Very well on point. This kind of reckless statement from the North would only reinforce sympathy votes for Jonathan come 2015 because making it a North versus South thing was the reason Buhari lost the last election.

To lend credence to your argument, when Sule Lamido's son was caught by EFCC for money laundering, I mentioned to people around me that the dog fight for 2015 has commenced. It is a simple trick, most of the 2nd term Governors in the North are eyeing the Presidency and they are desperately looting to get enough money to throw around. Jonathan knows this and has set bait for them in EFCC. They would be cowed with damning EFCC reports and left with no choice than to support a Jonathan Presidency again in 2015. Their desperation makes them cheaply vulnerable.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2013
In films life is that simple in reality it is a different ball game. Let him COW BOKO HARAM first.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2013
ifihearam:

you will dream till 2019 and please do get a doctor by your side because i foresee hypertension

Honourarium, Shut the ffuck up.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Demdem(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2013
vanstanzy:

Any good thing! I like how u put it. But the North is sure to produce the opposite of good, they always have.

u are basically saying nothing good can ever come from the north right? I sense bigotry from ur statement. There are still some sensible Abokis.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by tomakint: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: In films life is that simple in reality it is a different ball game. Let him COW BOKO HARAM first.
Why are u stil into sly digs against the person of Jonathan? It is clearly written all over u that you dislike him with a class! When u are sayin Jona should cow boko haram, then what happens to the security votes alloted to d govs of those states? Boko Haram is a creation of d northern elite class and to an extent Jona tried his best which paid off in d real sense!
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2013
tomakint:
Why are u stil into sly digs against the person of Jonathan? It is clearly written all over u that you dislike him with a class! When u are sayin Jona should cow boko haram, then what happens to the security votes alloted to d govs of those states? Boko Haram is a creation of d northern elite class and to an extent Jona tried his best which paid off in d real sense!
I dislike him? are you a joker ?? What is there to like about him. The man is an embarassment who has nothing to offer.I can only conclude either you are being paid to do this or you are doing this for ethnic reasons.

This man has received more oil revenue than any other head of state EVER!!

What is there to show for it. The reality is we do not,any of us have more than one vote. If you believe he has done enough to win reelection let us see. But we are not interested in sentiments against other groups. If he is such a great president tell us one thing he has achieved that has made a difference to anybody's life apart from his family and kinsmen.

What happens to security votes ? Is that an intelligent question.?? Do state governors have any control over a single pistol or rifle even a bullet??
Is dealing with Boko Haram the responsibility of state governors. Was it state governors that managed the Amnesty programme in the Niger Delta or did they settle that problem with security votes.Please if you have nothing sensible to say just be quiet.

No one is saying Ijaw cannot be president But this guy is too dull and PDP have been in power since 1999. PDP ,not just GEJ but the whole party= OBJ, Dimeji Bankole,Anenih ,Ibori,etc have nothing good to offer Nigeria.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2013
Everybody with my own analysis.

Here is mine:

If PDP wins 2015, Nigeria is over!!

We can't survive another PDP term.

Since 13 years of PDP, we have not known peace.

Politicians using militants from SS TO NORTH.. just to win elections.

PDP must go down for Nigeria to rise. No matter who PDP bring 2015, anyone who votes for them doesn't love Nigeria.

They have ruined Nigerians to the bone and ignorance now reigns supreme among Nigerians.

This is nothing but pure undiluted evil. Do not vote for Jonathan or PDP. Break away from the curse.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2013
People come here telling of of his achievements.

LOOK AT THE CONDITION OF THIS ROAD

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/oshodi-apapa-expressway-fashola-writes-fg-on-worsening-condition-of-the-road/

Can somebody advise this man to stop drinking kaikai and wake up

He cannot fix the road but is busy building banquet halls and presidential palaces
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by MotionKali: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2013
Chasing GEJ is not an issue, but we need a God fearing leader in respective of his region and religion.

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ignis: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2013
barikay: Na war? It's not about region, it's about who will deliver the dividence of democracy
And who could that be?
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by tomakint: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
@aribisala, u are stil missin some valid points! Comparing Jonathan's 2 yrs to Obj's 8 and Yar'Adua's 3 and half, who fared better? Pls I need ur response! Let me clear ur confusion on d security votes issue I raised, Govs are chief securities officers of their respective states, if the securities votes alloted to their offices were judiciously used, do u think boko haram and other securities challenges in d country wouldn't have been curbed? You just want to lump everything on Jonathan! cool

1 Like

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
tomakint: @aribisala, u are stil missin some valid points! Comparing Jonathan's 2 yrs to Obj's 8 and Yar'Adua's 3 and half, who fared better? Pls I need ur response! Let me clear ur confusion on d security votes issue I raised, Govs are chief securities officers of their respective states, if the securities votes alloted to their offices were judiciously used, do u think boko haram and other securities challenges in d country wouldn't have been curbed? You just want to lump everything on Jonathan! cool
It is NOT fair to GEJ to compare him to OBJ because he was in office a lot longer. However I am not a fan of any of them or PDP they are all FRUITS of PDP and I think we have had enough of PDP after 16 years(by 2015) . Are we to believe that only one party must rule Nigeria? is that democracy. In the 13 years of PDP we have got more oil money than the previous 39 !!! Where is it. By the way Jonathan has been in office for 2 years now NOT 2 .Besides I am neither an ACN advocate or one of those people you engage in contests. I believe none of us has more than one vote.
Let us have free elections come 2015 and see what happens.
Your remark about governor being chief security officer is quite 5tupid really given the reality of NIgeria. So you are telling me GEJ did not use security vote judiciously when he was in BAYELSA and that is why MEND was not curbed . Who appoints the commisioner of police and who does he report to?
Was Ngige not a governor when he was kidnapped ??
I suggest you try and use you brain before posting. I would prefer it if you do not quote me any more because you are not a bright fellow and are wasting my time really
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by talktimi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0:
It is NOT fair to GEJ to compare him to OBJ because he was in office a lot longer. However I am not a fan of any of them or PDP they are all FRUITS of PDP and I think we have had enough of PDP after 16 years(by 2015) . Are we to believe that only one party must rule Nigeria? is that democracy. In the 13 years of PDP we have got more oil money than the previous 39 !!! Where is it. By the way Jonathan has been in office for 2 years now NOT 2 .Besides I am neither an ACN advocate or one of those people you engage in contests. I believe none of us has more than one vote.
Let us have free elections come 2015 and see what happens.
Your remark about governor being chief security officer is quite 5tupid really given the reality of NIgeria. So you are telling me GEJ did not use security vote judiciously when he was in BAYELSA and that is why MEND was not curbed . Who appoints the commisioner of police and who does he report to?
Was Ngige not a governor when he was kidnapped ??
I suggest you try and use you brain before posting. I would prefer it if you do not quote me any more because you are not a bright fellow and are wasting my time really
. Must you always insult people anytime you're giving your arguments ? You've insulted a lot of us here including our parents yet nobody has replied you in like way. This forum is meant for people to give their diverse opinions towards topical issues which can be done without insults. Its not fair at all.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
talktimi: . Must you always insult people anytime you're giving your arguments ? You've insulted a lot of us here including our parents yet nobody has replied you in like way. This forum is meant for people to give their diverse opinions towards topical issues which can be done without insults. Its not fair at all.
Shut your dirty mouth animal!.
Naff off and stay away from me
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by talktimi(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0:
Shut your dirty mouth animal!.
Naff off and stay away from me
see who has a clean mouth. gay

1 Like

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
talktimi: see who has a clean mouth. gay
lol why you come dey follow my yansh about na. I never ready to 5hit,wen time reach I go call you ehn? Oluku
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by talktimi(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: lol why you come dey follow my yansh about na. I never ready to 5hit,wen time reach I go call you ehn? Oluku
ho ho ho, insult me all you wish, I don't care since its obvious insults are your stock in trade. Such a pity you don't intend to utilize your obvious intelligence to greater purpose. Tsk tsk smh
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by tomakint: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
@aribisala u are one hell of a man! I can't remember where I indicated in my post that govs are to combat boko haram! This is just simple english, boko operates in the physical world not in d spiritual undecided govs are given certain funds to take care of lives and properties in their respective states, boko operates in few of the states if a serving gov put into good use these security votes boko activities would have been history by now because there will b no 'nest for them to roost'! r u ok?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rivers Election: My Mandate Was Stolen — Awara Cries Out / Passport Pain: Immigration Officials Feed Fat From FG’s Failure / Obidients Plan One Day Free Bus Service In Kaduna (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.