Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows (9762 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / (see Photo) Church Arranges Hampers On Members' Seats, Before Their Arrival / Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by diji04(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2013
nawao wetin kill dey husband see those beautiful young ladies, abeg, i go fit come marry only three although na second or even third hand i go manage am. but i no be muslim oh. b4 they go cut my head for zamfara oh mak i 1st ask oh.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by ifeegee(f): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2013
These guys have actually ran out of ideas.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by toluxa1(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2013
So far (from this thread), there are 3 logical reasons for the high number of widows.

1. Early Child marriage to much older men. From the look of some of those ladies, they are between 35 to 45. Some of them probably married at 13-18 to men of, probably around 50. Those men are not immortals, you know? So you can see.

2. Boko Haram wives. Lol. Well, it is true that the north is mostly Muslim populated, but we also have a lot of Muslims in states like Osun, Kwara but yet we don't have this high number of widows. Isn't it likely that most of their husbands are indeed boko haram members who have either been killed or imprisoned or as someone said, "sold their souls" to BH.

3. Lastly, according to Islamic autonomy to marry 4 wives, it is clear that, on the average, the death of about 500 men can result to having 2000 widows.

Summary - "They" need help.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by kirian202: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2013
Are they going to pay there husbands to be. Becos before they say is had to find a good wife but now is had to find a bad husband. make call my babe tell am how much she go dey pay me every month
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Valon4ego(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2013
This one na marriage by fire by force o!
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by BootyOnMe: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2013
I pity Nigerian women. . .ESPECIALLY SHARIA ONES!
Instead of bettering their lives. . . na man be the end of the solution? grin
Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!!! cry

Look at their MISERABLE faces?
No need to even look at their poohsies! cheesy
No telling what kinds of diseases they have inherited from their dead husbands!
NORTH-NILE VIRUS ABI NA RIVER BLINDNESS OR FURA DA NOO NOO FUNKY AZZZES!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/937157_Kanos-wedding_jpg45f7dd9564b934b36a476b3063563cb8[/img]
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by sage2(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2013
The marriage auction industry is gradually gaining ground in the far north. When will it be open to private sector participation? One could buy the whole 2000 widows from the government at a flat rate and marry them off at different rates according to age, beauty, and level of education etc.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by quicksylva(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2013
I thought Trade Fair is where companies and individuals come to showcase their goods and services, I never knew women as part of the commodity.

Travelling to the North too pay for my own goods.

Back to the topic

Kudos to the state government for this initiative, the widows have been given a second chance to have a family of their own and most importantly a helper. Body no be firewood, at least steady servicing is guaranteed now, engine no go knock.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by theripper: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Una no serious o , u sabi d kind harmattan wey dey North now, dis former BH wives need to change gear oil o. Me sef wan convert for 1 week go get my own share for the Promo.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by lorddannie: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2013
eaglechild:
Dont see it that way.
Remember that it's one man 4 wives so the death of one man creates 4 widows.
It will take the death of about 200 men to create 1000 widows.
^ mathematics
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by ifeci: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
A lot of ladies would be praying&wishing for other states to adopt this strategy; Na so husband scarce sha.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by albacete(m): 11:36am On Jan 05, 2013
i no dey marry, na by force?
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
How was the arrangement done?
I dont trust these politicians..they would have selected the first batch of widows..ie the most beautiful and youngest..then cover the others from head to toes and let the public choose.

Im sure it was done on allocation bases.they draw up lists and allocate same way el rufai and mohammed share lands by getting the best locations first..then giving out the less juicy plots to the highest bidders

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by location(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
It's wonderful if they are compartable. But women ought to be treated with dignity
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Ikwerefistson: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
slimderek: The Zamfara State government is planning to ‘’arrange husbands’’ for about 2,000 widows in the state.

This was made known by the state Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs, Hajia Balkisu Bungudu.

In May last year, the Kano State government- owned Sharia police (Hisbah Borad), arranged marriages for about 100 out of an estimated 1,000 widows and divorcees in a grand ceremony witnessed by guests and spectators from the state and beyond in a scheme aimed at assisting widows, divorcees and spinsters to get married.

* File photo: Second-time brides in Kano
However, Bungudu said that as a result of this the state government had already registered 1,998 widows preparatory to marrying them off, adding that the mass wedding would be sponsored by the government.

She did not disclose the amount budgeted by the government for the marriage jamboree.

The Commissioner who spoke to newsmen in Gusau, the state capital expressed concern over the increase in the number of widows in the state.
http://www.slipost.com/zamfara-govt-arranges-husbands-for-2000-widows/
ha ha ah ye ema gbami o,ori iya mi o
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Ikwerefistson: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
Paxchal: Not sure they all widows, probably divorced.
ok pls ship dm 2d south via gej new train,we re gud lovers u no
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
These people are truly evolving backwards.Backward evolution is a common feature of any area/country infested with fundamental islam.

Who said the women need more plaques called men in nigeria?M
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
These people are truly evolving backwards.Backward evolution is a common feature of any area/country infested with fundamental islam.

Who said the women need more plaques called men in nigeria?Men without common sense.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by tommykiwi(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
SO SHARIA SUPPORT DIS ONE....NA WAOH.....
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by greatgod2012(f): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Personally, i dont like condemning other pple's idea, but this programme/arrangement get as e be.......may God help all those who are involved.

Im out!
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Beync(f): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
and they'll continue to breed children they cannot takecare of.
No end for Almajiris indeed
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by purplekayc(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Symphony007: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
Recycling wives...meaning your husband is dead does'nt mean their are'nt others for you.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Arosa(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
E don tay wen I dey think of how I go take be like king Solomon for bible, na my chance be this o. 2000 wives, i go marry all of them put for house, isha alhar God go provide me with money to take care of all of them. God be praised. cool
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by JuanDeDios: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
mu2sa2: Govt "marrying then off" is incorrect. There are women, many of them with children but their husbands hav died, and there are many men around who are unmarried but wish to hav a wife. The govt does not force anybody into marriage. These eligible men and women agree to marry between themselves. The govt comes in only to support them with a little capital so that each couple is able to carry on without continuing dependence on govt. The officials of the govt agency involved also act as marriage counselors. If this is not a good policy in support of family and societal stability, what is?

I agree with you. But there should be counselling to reduce divorces in these societies.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by chaloner(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
North can never and will never stop to amaze me, igbo gal re lookin how to hit nd make good cash nd this one are buzy lookin for husband nd children in other to compound Their problems .
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by igbeke: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
epeul: Dis young ladies Abeg oh wat is killing their husbands ?
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by igbeke: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
d answer is not far fetched.
dey r d widows of dos boko-haram boys who lost deir lives fighting 'the holy war'. i heard 4rm a reliable source dat d govt is doing dis 2 compensate d mythrs. who says allah is not great!
u r welcome.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by dagbas: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
they all died on BH suicide missions!
Next yr it will be 4ooo.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Bokoharam: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2013

Suicide bombers with bokoharam. I guess they each must be enjoying their 70 virgins in hell now.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sharia made them child brides of old men
Sharia robbed them of childhood
Sharia turned them to widows after the old man dies at a ripe old age
Sharia finds them replacement husbands
All hail sharia

See how timid they look on their wedding day
One even wants to suck her thumb

Girls that were robbed of their childhood made to warm the bed of men their grandfather's ages due to backwardness
What a shame

Why do they have to wear asho ebi?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
mu2sa2: Govt "marrying then off" is incorrect. There are women, many of them with children but their husbands hav died, and there are many men around who are unmarried but wish to hav a wife. The govt does not force anybody into marriage. These eligible men and women agree to marry between themselves. The govt comes in only to support them with a little capital so that each couple is able to carry on without continuing dependence on govt. The officials of the govt agency involved also act as marriage counselors. If this is not a good policy in support of family and societal stability, what is?
Exactly my point. Our people on Nairaland can criticize the most laudable of all gestures.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-East, South-South Professionals Tell Oduah To Quit / Akwa Ibom State Election - Akpabio loses re-election bid! / At Last, Good Bye Apc From Igboland!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.