Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows (9820 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / (see Photo) Church Arranges Hampers On Members' Seats, Before Their Arrival / Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
mu2sa2: Govt "marrying then off" is incorrect. There are women, many of them with children but their husbands hav died, and there are many men around who are unmarried but wish to hav a wife. The govt does not force anybody into marriage. These eligible men and women agree to marry between themselves. The govt comes in only to support them with a little capital so that each couple is able to carry on without continuing dependence on govt. The officials of the govt agency involved also act as marriage counselors. If this is not a good policy in support of family and societal stability, what is?
Exactly my point. Our people on Nairaland can criticize even the most laudable of all gestures.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
Next up Yobe state.
Rochas is providing reduced tuition,Fashola is building roads,Amaechi is appointing women as permanent secretaries,Kano and Zamfara are marrying wives for their Almajiri
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by FinokZ: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
:-XMen, if only u didn't ve long throat dis won't be happening
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
epeul: Dis young ladies Abeg oh wat is killing their husbands ?

Active Boko Service?
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by maxibrainz: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
SimonAndal: Wow! It's a fire sale! Come get your wife here! Very cheap, 5 Naira. Although it's second hand, it hasn't seen much mileage. Come and get your woman here. A very cheap commodity! Yay!
Men this is realy good for affiliate marketers and information marketers. Let me say this how we start it "get my killer ebook that would take you by the hand and show you how to get a wife at a damn cheap price.
QUESTIONS ARISING:
1. Do i need to pay for marriage: No
2. Are the wife New or 2nd hand: the are 2nd hand refurbished wives boko use.
3. How am I sure this not a scam: you have nothing to fear one year money back garri and tea but as for sugar you are own your own.
4. Do i need to possess any form of special skills: yes especialy bomb dodging if you want to stay long.
HURR UP AS there only few slots remaining. Take action now
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
These ladies are not FAIRLY used oh.

If you know Aboki,you will know that they can BULALA like machine 247.

Most definitely the ladies have very high mileage.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ifee-gee:
These guys have actually ran out of ideas.

Nevertheless, they are way smarter than those spending billions on some useless carnivals dont you think?
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by maxibrainz: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
quicksylva: I thought Trade Fair is where companies and individuals come to showcase their goods and services, I never knew women as part of the commodity.

Travelling to the North too pay for my own goods.

Back to the topic

Kudos to the state government for this initiative, the widows have been given a second chance to have a family of their own and most importantly a helper. Body no be firewood, at least steady servicing is guaranteed now, engine no go knock.
Oboy this one don turn mini importation bizness, import from the north at zero cost and resale at a good rate in other parts of the country, am gona report back to the business section of nairaland to all those looking for business to start with no capital
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by billyG(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
This population explosion strategy is not gonna solve any problems more useless kids will be born with no education brain-wash 2 take to bokoharamism,while d steps daughters will be violated by d husband 2 be d womans children will be left 2 fend 4 themselves d north is in trouble,shld they marry off d widows cnt dey be settle 2 start business 2 take care of their childrend north are always taking d wrong steps.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by billyG(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
I know there will be enough 2 go round all the party faithfuls,up guvnor another 2nd term 2 yur elbow
grin
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Richy4(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
If this na oyibo land, they would have captioned it in a different angle and make it look and sound interesting and presentable,like widow dating site or something.God!!!the way they presented this noble gesture is simply crude.it made the ladies look pretty cheapundecided
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Rationalman: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
These may be widows of Boko Haram members that died fighting for 'allah'
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Burger01(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
Where are my muslim brothers? I beg they should come applaud this commendable act. Abi una dey shame say the effects of Bokoharalism don dey tell on your sisters? Maybe you guys should just marry from this reservoir and add to your lots.. After all it's not a crime to have 3-5 women as wives. Hmmm see bonanza...
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by jimino(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dis singular act shows dat governments in d north r d once sponsporing boko haram. Nw dey want 2 hook up d wives left behind by der died boko haram member. It is a pity.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by jimino(m): 9:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
Rationalman: These may be widows of Boko Haram members that died fighting for 'allah'
guy it is not May. Dey r d widows of d died boko haram fighters.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Bambela(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
When would Northern Nigeria become aware of their problem? This is arrant nonsense. Marrying for Almajiri without providing what to sustain the marriage. This is another way of breeding Almajiri the pontential terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by tpia5: 10:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifeci: A lot of ladies would be praying&wishing for other states to adopt this strategy; Na so husband scarce sha.

True that, especially with the rate of sworn bachelors these days.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Egwuda33: 1:51am On Jan 06, 2013
tpia@:

True that, especially with the rate of sworn bachelors these days.
Bambela: When would Northern Nigeria become aware of their problem? This is arrant nonsense. Marrying for Almajiri without providing what to sustain the marriage. This is another way of breeding Almajiri the pontential terrorists.
true talk.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by blocker: 6:10am On Jan 06, 2013
cry cry See my oil money dey waste oh!
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by lillian20: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2013
is dis d next tin to do mtshew
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by brownlord: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2013
Omon see bounty, please hw can I apply, I need like 100 so I can start selling them off down south, nonsense, yet their use arewa are fighting for 2015 ticket why they can solve their problem at home, now their husband r enjoyin first class 72 virgins in hell fire and their tokunbor infested reminant are left in the hands of govt doin jamboree for them, way to go, govt need to invest on education sector, and start paying notherners to go to school so they can be civilize like other regions, they r too backward, look at their kids in every ringrd and town in south beggin instead of being in class, the rest are shinning and sowin shoe and the most successful among them r those tht r fortunate to be gatemen nd bike riders, gosh
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Kabikala(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2013
Truckpusher: If you don't solve the problem of poverty, dysfunctional health care system, education and sanitation whatever that keeps making them widows so early is still lurking around.

Recycling women like ragolis bottle water will only worsen the situation.
Encouraging mass wedding in a period of mass unemployment, mass infrastructural decay , mass bombing and mass civil unrest is just mass madness.

I agree entirely with you.

This fixation on marrying off women who are divorcees and widows is still a general symptom of the northern Nigeria's variant of Islam that looks down on women and deny them of education and economic empowerment. A society that regards an unmarried woman as a failure and would rather give them off as second or third wives. In actual fact, what is wrong with being an unmarried woman if you can take care of your dependants and you contribute to the development of the society? Is an unmarried woman who is economically empowered and an employer of labour not more useful to the society than hundreds of Almajiris?
Unless and until the north gravitates towards "reasonable and intelligent Islam" like Senegal, Tanzania, UAE or Kuwait, and abandon the retrogressive type of Islam as is being practiced in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan, development will continue to elude it.
Meanwhile, both Zamfara and Kano States are part of the backward northern Nigeria belt with the worst development indices globally. Polio-ravaged, with milions of Almajiris, endemic for fistula, with less than a quarter of their women able to read and write and less than a tenth of their kids getting immunized. And yet marrying off divorced women is their next priority. In actual fact, it is actually safer for a woman to have a baby in Afghanistan than in Zamfara!
Sometimes I really wonder whether even the educated northerners recognize the magnitude of the problem they are contending with. You travel anywhere in Nigeria: Enugu, Port Harcourt, Kano, Ibadan, Sokoto, Calabar, Yenagoa, Maiduguri and you notice that virtually all the destitutes and beggars in all these places are from only one part of the country. And their concern is about morality and marrying off single women!!! In a 2011 assessment, a state like Osun fully immunized about 55% of its children while Sokoto immunized less than 5%.
The Islamic north needs to think!
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by armadeo(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2013
mu2sa2: Govt "marrying them off" is incorrect. There are women, many of them with children but their husbands hav died, and there are many men around who are unmarried but wish to hav a wife. The govt does not force anybody into marriage. These eligible men and women agree to marry between themselves. The govt comes in only to support them with a little capital so that each couple is able to carry on without continuing dependence on govt. The officials of the govt agency involved also act as marriage counselors. If this is not a good policy in support of family and societal stability, what is?

U fail to realise that a high majority of the husbands will marry these wives for the short term benefit of whatever handout the state govt is giving them ( due to EXCRUCIATING POVERTY ) and @ the end of the road I divorce thee * 3, then the govt spends money again to marry of the divorcees.instaed this funds should be used to empower these women to be independent they will be better of. BTW the amount budgeted was not released to the public, did I hear biggy say gimme da LOOT.
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Abeg make dem arrange me one i dey desperate, i hear say their kontus dey tyt
Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by daroz(m): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
gbosaa: How was the arrangement done?
I dont trust these politicians..they would have selected the first batch of widows..ie the most beautiful and youngest..then cover the others from head to toes and let the public choose.

Im sure it was done on allocation bases.they draw up lists and allocate same way el rufai and mohammed share lands by getting the best locations first..then giving out the less juicy plots to the highest bidders

grin
gbosaa: How was the arrangement done?
I dont trust these politicians..they would have selected the first batch of widows..ie the most beautiful and youngest..then cover the others from head to toes and let the public choose.

Im sure it was done on allocation bases.they draw up lists and allocate same way el rufai and mohammed share lands by getting the best locations first..then giving out the less juicy plots to the highest bidders

Re: Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows by free2ryhme: 2:57am On Jan 07, 2013
i see a sharp iNCREASE the number of almajiri(male)/alimajira(female) by 2015!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10,000 Olokola Workers To Lose Jobs / South-East, South-South Professionals Tell Oduah To Quit / Nigerians Gamble N1.8 Trillion Annually – Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.