Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? (5229 Views)

Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent / I Have Very Strong Reasons To Believe We Are Not In The Year 2013 AD / What Do You Want God To Do For You In This Year 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by IYANGBALI: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
emma_best2000: praise and worship sunday in my parish .
other sundays nko?na destroy and curse sundays?
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by An0nimus: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
Nothing.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by Rich4god(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
obyrich: The Pope has denied the claim that Christ was born on xmas. So how did you know He was presented to the temple today? Doctrine of men.
Na wa 4 some people sef. Where in my post did i say that it was on this day that Christ was presented to the temple... We just commemorate His presentation on every 1st sunday of the year. @bolded... Even though we all know that Christ wasnt born on 25th, does that change the date of xmas from 25 dec. Peace.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by OmoAlata(f): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: and you are here on nairaland at this time of the day,thanksgiving day indeed

FYI, my church is a 10 minute drive away. Secondly, I think our times are different. Nigeria is an hour ahead. I hope this answers your sarky comment KMT
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by OmoAlata(f): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ucheosefoh: na inside church him dey de post lol

No, she wasn't posting inside the church. I got to church at 08:30a.m and church starts at 09:00a.m. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And as I said in a post prior, our times are different. It's not yet 2p.m here but I think it's almost 3p.m in Nigeria.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by Ndoz(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
I nor go church
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by koolguy88(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
@teeo, to Catholics, today is not first Sunday of advent oooo, first Sunday of advent happened last year. the first Sunday of advent is the next Sunday after thanks giving Sunday which was the last Sunday of the ordinary calender. the first Sunday of advent is the ushering of Christmas, four Sundays to Christmas.
Today is the first sunday of the year and it's called the presentation; The sunday of the Holy family.

Get it right, ok.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by obxddon(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
All the Hippocrates rush to church on the first Sunday yet...them still
(1) the steal for them office by inflating price and contracts
(2) STILL BACKBITE AND GOSSIP PPL WEY NO GO CHURCH
(3) Still fornicate and masturbate
(4) Lie

First Sunday My yansh
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by Revolva(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
As for me I ma burn some weed up with ma buddies and play tupac song life goes on..
Church kor ...na who get money to dash go attend church !!!! Dis is the survival times ok
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by bodejohn(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
It has become a passion for some folks to just attribute honor to some days. Is Jan 2, 2012 to Jan 2, 2013 not one year? Why are ther no cross over or watch night services for it?
Nothing special in all these dates that we keep talking about, I will call a day special if it runs for more than 24hours.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by obyrich(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
Rich4god:
Na wa 4 some people sef. Where in my post did i say that it was on this day that Christ was presented to the temple... We just commemorate His presentation on every 1st sunday of the year. @bolded... Even though we all know that Christ wasnt born on 25th, does that change the date of xmas from 25 dec. Peace.
Still the doctrine of men as foretold by Daniel the prophet. Choosing an arbitrary day to remember the birth and presentation of Christ does not make it acceptable. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by mysticgal(f): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Do not forsake the assembly of saints together as the manner of some is,you complain tithe eating pastors why not leave them to the almighty God.and besides "do not judge "
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by Rich4god(m): 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
obyrich: Still the doctrine of men as foretold by Daniel the prophet. Choosing an arbitrary day to remember the birth and presentation of Christ does not make it acceptable. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
What is disobedience about the commemoration. Or is it you that we are disobeying.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
obxddon: All the Hippocrates rush to church on the first Sunday yet...them still
(1) the steal for them office by inflating price and contracts
(2) STILL BACKBITE AND GOSSIP PPL WEY NO GO CHURCH
(3) Still fornicate and masturbate
(4) Lie

First Sunday My yansh
so because of the 4 items u listed u no wan serve God..u beta seek jesus not men
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by ndukwejoe(m): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
thanks for this topic, i didnt know is symbolic.
Re: First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? by ndukwejoe(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
Arab , this guy no pure
Revolva: As for me I ma burn some weed up with ma buddies and play tupac song life goes on..
Church kor ...na who get money to dash go attend church !!!! Dis is the survival times ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout What The Bible And Quran Says About Killing. / An Unbelievable Islamic Miracle Or A Demon? / It's OK To Question Your Beliefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.