Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? (1500 Views)

If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? / Three Jailed For Insulting Congo President; How Many Will Be Jailed In Nigeria / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Please answer using only the letters (a to n).

This is part of a survey I'm conducting. So do answer as truthfully as possible. The word 'steal' means using your position to undue advantage in acquiring the funds, even without direct looting of the treasury.

Thanks for your participation.

a)$0.00

b)$1000 - $100,000

c)$100,000 - $1 million

d)$1 - $5 million

e) $5 - $10 million

f) $10 - $50 million

g)$50 - $100 million

h)$100 - $300 million

i)$300 - $500 million

j)$500 million - $1 billion

k)$1 bilion - $3billion

l)$3 billion - $5 billion

m)$5 billion - $10 billion

n)$10 - $20 billion+++

Also, if your category or range is not listed above, do not hesitate to inform me so we can include it on the list.

Thanks again.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Ymodulus: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Please answer using only the letters (a to l).

This is part of a survey I'm conducting. So do answer as truthfully as possible. The word 'steal' means using your position to undue advantage in acquiring the funds, even without direct looting of the treasury.

a)$0.00

b)$1 - $5 million

c) $5 - $10 million

d) $10 - $50 million

e)$50 - $100 million

f)$100 - $300 million

g)$300 - $500 million

h)$500 million - $1 billion

i)$1 bilion - $3billion

j)$3 billion - $5 billion

k)$5 billion - $10 billion

l)$10 - $20 billion+++

a to l cannot answer the question.

See let me give u a ru down of how much i will steal.

My Unborn first child. i will steal k for him
my second unborn child. if shes a gal i will steal l
My wife i will steal k
Me i wud steal l
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by project8(m): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ymodulus:
a to l cannot answer the question.

See let me give u a ru down of how much i will steal.

My Unborn first child. i will steal k for him
my second unborn child. if shes a gal i will steal l
My wife i will steal k
Me i wud steal l
haahahahahaahahah I laugh in jewish,I swear I go sale this country
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
I would never.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Steal? Why should I steal money? I will rather take the money than steal it.the amount am gonna take is 50billy! cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by koruji(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
There is no stealing in Nigeria - period.
That might sound so silly unless you are familiar with what I consider one of the most fundamental theological expositions in history written by the Apostle Paul.
In Romans 5:12-14 the apostle Paul states:
“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law..."
A corollary to the logic of Apostle Paul is that if we write stealing into the law then there will be no stealing.

I have made this argument in the past that most of the corruption in Nigeria are within the law - by the book, to put it another way.
Thus, if you remove all the corruption done in contravention of Nigerian law you would have solved only 1% of the corruption problem in Nigeria.

Everyone in government in Nigeria would steal by default - unless they personally work to return all the undue proceeds the law affords them.

Bottom-line is fundamental changes to our way of life is needed.

ROSSIKE: Please answer using only the letters (a to l).

a)$0.00

b)$1 - $5 million

c) $5 - $10 million

d) $10 - $50 million

e)$50 - $100 million

f)$100 - $300 million

g)$300 - $500 million

h)$500 million - $1 billion

i)$1 bilion - $3billion

j)$3 billion - $5 billion

k)$5 billion - $10 billion

l)$10 - $20 billion+++

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by zerocool(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
project8: haahahahahaahahah I laugh in jewish,I swear I go sale this country

I am thinking in this direction.. Selling the country off for life and in an auction system for that matter.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by manny4life(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
The amount I'll steal is not in your options? grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
I don't undestand why folks cannot answer a simple survey. Simply pick your chosen letter. Instead guys are posting long essays here.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
manny4life: The amount I'll steal is not in your options? grin grin grin grin

Corrected. Hope your chosen amount falls within the options provided.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva: I would never.

Kindly choose a letter please.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by manny4life(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ok not to be greedy,I think (n) will be enough grin grin grin
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by ba7man(m): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2013
Stealing isn't really an intelligent option for a leader. I would rather use my position as President to award Contracts to Companies i have stakes in (What's d point being. President and not flexing your muscles a bit). Execution of these contracts must be enforced though.....Its like paying myself to fix my Country.....and I'll own Oil Blocks. Why steal?? And we keep screaming that our leaders steal. That makes us hypocrites, right
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2013
So after all the lying, I'm going to say how much is reasonable to 'steal' (other governments have ways of acquiring lots of money without 'stealing' so the word is subjective).

$200 million is enough, that should be the maximum, among every politician there shouldn't be more than $3 billion stollen.

After this every major project should left alone and be allowed to survive.

Nobody said the government should share national cake, but when you're amassing $4 billion dollars, and everyone else just destroys projects then it's something else.

so h.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by NSNA: 12:47am On Jan 07, 2013
I will take 1 trillion and distribute directly to the poor who's Governors will already cheat.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by birdman(m): 3:05am On Jan 07, 2013
a. 0, If you are going to steal, you might as well steal big. Or dont steal at all.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by koruji(m): 3:22am On Jan 07, 2013
Many of you here basically admit to being a thief.
SMHV!!!
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Eisenhower(m): 3:23am On Jan 07, 2013
must you steal if you become the president of Nigeria?
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by MajeOfficial: 4:32am On Jan 07, 2013
Here's what I don't understand about the Nigerian mentality.

If you become rich to earn status, access, resources and impress people as all people do. As an achievement and you become the PRESIDENT of your NATION
have you not already achieved the status, access, resources, and lefted the biggest impression you possible could in your life?

What does it matter if you drive a nice car? YOU'VE BEEN PRESIDENT! you have done the biggest thing someone from your country can ever do other than being the president of earth, which is a non existent title. What will it matter if your have a bigger house than your neighbor? what is left to buy with money once you've achieved such status? Everyone you encounter is going to assume you're richer and more powerful than them anyways? Why do you need 2 houses in Maryland? Who are you trying to impress, you've already been a WORLD LEADER?

Obama is not a rich man in comparison to the elite in America, but nobody in the country has achieved what he has and he thus has nobody to impress. He's not going to have to buy a nice car or a nice watch for someone to know he's somebody important, he's the PRESIDENT of that person's country

Nelson Mandela will never need to drive a Bentley for someone to know he matters or that he's important, he's been the president of his nation, that's the most important and powerful title he can ever achieve in his life.

This is why i don't understand many corrupt people in Nigeria. I can see them having to steal to remain politically powerful, but having top flaunt wealth to show you're important when you've already won the title of "most important man" in your country makes no sense.
I honestly wouldn't steal anything. At that point i have nobody to impress so what will i be stealing for? It's only a primitive person that would think there is still something to steal once you've become the president of a nation, because that title gives you more than what money can achieve.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by MajeOfficial: 4:35am On Jan 07, 2013
If anything the world leaders that are the most respected

Obama
Desmond Tutu
Mandela
Dhali Llama
Kofi Annan
Angela Merkel
David Cameroon
etc. are not known for wealth.

but the ones known for wealth
Obasanjo
Bongo
Mubarak
the Saudi royal family
Ghaddafi
Mubarak

are look at as thieves no matter what else they achieve, and if they're in a room with Obama or Nelson Mandela, they would have to bow.
Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe are more respected internationally than Babangida. Only a village thinker that wants to play big man to his cousins and uncles would consider compiling currency as a means of earning true respect. The minute Danjuma leaves his village he's a thief and is treated as so internationally.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2013
a.
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by jmaine: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2013
All of the above . . . . .No time . . . . . cheesy

And to all seeking to play holier than thou . .abeg make una waka pass joor angry
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
20 billion........ Not more than 50 billion..

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by AfroBlue(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
enough for me and my 2 to 4 mistresses to rest comfortably on at night. grin
just a joke, like Nollywood Actor Chief Pete Edochie said, "I don't steal."

Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ROSSIKE, your baseline figures are too small and not representative of what one would steal as a President.

$12.4bn oil windfall: Court verdict on IBB
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/12-4bn-oil-windfall-court-verdict-on-ibb/

$16 Billion Power Probe: IBB’s Call For OBJ’s Arrest Timely
http://247ureports.com/16-billion-power-probe-ibb%E2%80%99s-call-for-obj%E2%80%99s-arrest-timely/

The above are just the ones that managed to leak into public knowledge.

So you may want to review the base line say from $30 billion (Nigeria has very comfortable Loan Partners so do not worry)

If I were President, I would borrow at least $200 billion into my pocket and share foreign reserves with Governors, will spend only 1 term and disappear.. let the Governors finish up grin
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Olaolufred(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
a
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Thanks for the contributions guys. Keep it coming. cool wink
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by geeez: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
With these comments, Nigeria is truly hopeless
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
geeez: With these comments, Nigeria is truly hopeless

The Ship is sinking fast, Politicians are stealing boats with the booty to get ashore, Pastors are fleecing folks and building arks for themselves and cohorts.. what d'ya think the sheeple will think of doing if given half the chance grin
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by LoveKing(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
@Rossike

how much is nigeria? because the market value of nigeria and everything in it is what i will steal, then i'll sell the country to either china or u.s.a or to the highest bidder
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
I will always steal........ (a).
Re: If You Were President, How Much Would You Steal? by oderemo(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
op is a joker, is he not a supporter of the ruling embezzling establishment .
y would he not advocate for looting carnival.
kick thread in the gutter.
mitsheeeew.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some senior military and paramilitary officers are Incompetent -GEJ / PHOTO : Nigeria In 2019 Oyinbo Hawking Pure Water / Amazing Facts About Nigeria's First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.