Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Attai... The Player From Kano - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Attai... The Player From Kano (15077 Views)

The Player And The Cele Girl (short story) / Attai... The Sh.it Maker ( A Short Story ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
Updates coming later tonight....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by oyestephen(m): 12:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Foxy...nice storyline, generally impressive..
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2013
I lost an update because I was so tired and fell asleep. I already have the story in my head though the choice of words used might be different from the one I lost.... Funny I was updating with my crazy Nokia torch phone which I discovered was off when I picked it up this morning.... No ish... Will update ASAP....

1 Like

Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2013
The ghost town was unusually busy that night as the number of dancing fire flies increased, the white hanging over the town at its thickest that if one should spread bullet up, he will reap dividends of heavenly weeds. I was sitted right in my favourite spot, my head resting on the wall behind me. A stick of white London dangled between my lips and on my left hand was a small plastic bottle of Alomo. In between my legs, held tightly was the brown envelope. Business was good and I was feeling so fly and even laughed a bit as conversations filled with crazy experiences was shared by one of my numerous customers.

''Na so the babe cut cut (poso) leg carry tear my bed sheet like razor o, chei, only one round wey I do, I just lost bed sheet of N2,500''

He lamented. This drew laughter from us. I was soon done with the stick of cigarette and decided to participate in the weed smoking. This I topped with enough alomo that my head started reeling in the clouds but I still had my eyes intact as I held more firmly to the brown envelope.

Laughter rang out one more time. This time because on of the boys (a novice) held his ear shut and was screaming:

''I no go pull my clothes, heat no dey catch me. Na lie o, no body dey come, I no go run''

This even made us more amused as we laughed louder, our laughter fueled by the weed. What a night. The fun was really intense and the number of flies increased that it gave the ghost town a ghoulish look as you could see light from the thick clouds. Customers were trooping in in twos and threes, very unusual I noticed but was too high to reason.

''EVAPORATE, EVAPORATE!!!''

A voice was screaming followed by a blast of the owl hoot.

''Phreeeee--reeeee''

It registered in my brain as I jumped up with the brown envelope and enough cash in my pocket. I was surprised to see the lamenting guy wrestling one of my customer to the ground while the novice going crazy had already dived on someone. I took all this in as I broke into a run, aiming for my favourite spot. My escape is a rehearsed one.

I glanced behind me after landing on the other side of the fence to see two people struggling over it, screaming at me with powerful torchlights pointed at my face. I turned and ran. Scaled the other fence, ran for the next and saw the one the fence of the first house I had entered. I jumped down quickly, climed a third one which I had not done before since there was no need.

I landed on the other side, paused and listened. I heard the guys fumbling with the gate of the previous compound. Surely, someone had snitched on me I concluded as I proceeded to climb yet into another compound. As I jumped gallantly from the fence having carefully hidden my weed inside a hole, I discovered I did not land at the usual time. Water broke my fall.

I had jumped into a well.

''Help me oooo... Make una help me oooo''

I screamed as my eyes cleared and I held unto an iron bar affixed to the wall of the well.

''Na who dey there''

A voice said, followed by a powerful beam of torchlight.

''Hahahahaha, na that guy wey dey climb fence like monkey ooo, make we leave am here jor''

Another voice said. Most likely the two men chasing after me.

''Abeg, make una arrest me, just help me comot from this well. Money full my pocket''

I pleaded desperately. The torchlight moved from the well a bit, probably they were considering my proposal. Soon, a ''guga'' (used for fetching water) entered into the well.

''Put the money inside here, but no enter. Make we see how much dey first''

A voice commanded me. This I did without thinking twice. The ''guga'' went up.

''Chei, na 25k dey here o, this guys dey hammer here''

Then directed at me.

''We go leave you here, if you fit comot, you are free to go''

I was still asking my self why I had parted with a lot on my first arrest when I heard their words. I screamed:

''Abeg, make una help me ooo''

I kept screaming but nobody responded. Apparently, I had been left to drown there or stay till morning until the owners of the compound discovers me.

I felt a chill up my spine as something brushed my legs. I struggled from that part to another part of the well. And slowly my eyes got used to the well. Heads, and then faces and then hands all stretched towards me, the water turning colder as they advanced. They held unto me as I let out a blood curling scream.

I woke up with a start, all bathed in sweat, felt round the darkness, touched the brown envelope. I had fallen asleep after escaping being caught in ghost town when I reached home. I wanted to go back to sleep when I sensed the presence of someone in the room. I felt around again quickly and found my Nokia torch.

I flashed the light and saw Ekaite standing at the foot of the bed and looking at me.

2 Likes

Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2013
Yehhh.. No comments.... Chei shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Chai, i don catch up at last, foxy so if u fall inside well and they con talk say make u bring money first u go give them abi. U neva sharp be that o. Nice write up anyway
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Emperortj93(m): 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mehn...i dey criously feel dis ur story lyk whyte...bt abeg no go "code" plenty weed dis evenin kum 4get 2 post next update ooo. Bt y u dey cast ma frnd yusuf (d novice) nah
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
Damex333: Chai, i don catch up at last, foxy so if u fall inside well and they con talk say make u bring money first u go give them abi. U neva sharp be that o. Nice write up anyway

Hahahahahaha...... Guy, that's why na thriller... But wait o... I never update up till now. Na night things be that
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
Emperortj93: Mehn...i dey criously feel dis ur story lyk whyte...bt abeg no go "code" plenty weed dis evenin kum 4get 2 post next update ooo. Bt y u dey cast ma frnd yusuf (d novice) nah

Lol... All this things dey happen when you dey go jungle go smoke. grin grin grin
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Emperortj93(m): 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Guy, post dis stuff sharpaly b4 u mak "aboki" vex o....cus i bet u don't wanna c ma "aboki side"....*dan allah ka en mu sowri*
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Emperortj93: Guy, post dis stuff sharpaly b4 u mak "aboki" vex o....cus i bet u don't wanna c ma "aboki side"....*dan allah ka en mu sowri*

Hahahahhahaha... You be aboki but no fit spell aboki language.... Wait make Petokey come here come speak Hausa wink wink wink
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Emperortj93(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Lol... All this things dey happen when you dey go jungle go smoke. grin grin grin
**afta finishin 2 bottle of alomo** demzzz ma badtzzzz frndzzzz dey playzzzz me tapezzzz abt junglezzzz lyfzzzz...kai butzzz me smokinzzzz no b ma tinzzzz at allzzzzz....*alomo tinzz*
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Emperortj93(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
I criously need 2 learn how 2 write aboki language well....though i sabi speak am gan
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Emperortj93: I criously need 2 learn how 2 write aboki language well....though i sabi speak am gan

Nothing do you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Before I forget... Agwaluma is out....

''Ekaite.... What are you doing in my room so early''

I asked her after doing a sign of the cross in the darkness seeing it was someone I know.

''You were just shouting I no go smoke igbo again o, na the last time wey I go sell am be that''

She replied. I stared at her face through the darkness. When had I said that I wondered within me.

''Na my igbo babe wey be say I dey miss after she marry my friend because him get money pass me, I dey shout say make them no sell the love of my life''

I lied. She adjusted her wrapper in the darkness opening it to give the dark a full view of her standing breast because I saw nothing and never wished to see anything.

''Eeyaa, na which girl go reject you na, as you fine like this. E be like say that your friend use juju for your babe be that.''

If she was conforting me I cared less. If she was trying to look favourable in my eyes, her face and teeth had disqualified her.

''Na so e carry happen o, but no problem sha. Anyway, na my past be that and I done move on. By the way, make I sleep, we go see tomorrow morning''

I said to her, standing up and gently pushing her out of my room, amidst her feeble resistance. I made sure I locked the door from the inside this time since in my tiredness I had left it open. I went back to sleep angry at myself for talking in my sleep.

''Ekaite, make I comot na, I get unfinished business wey I wan run today and by the way, thank you for the food yesterday''

I said to her the next morning after taking my bath and getting ready to go out. I was dressed to kill, no point describing it since my choice of clothes were way off the hook. I looked at my face in the mirror for the twentieth time that morning. Smiled at it, gave it a little wink before shutting my door behind me but made sure I locked it and the key safely in my pocket. Ekaite might want to do some cleaning up, my weed is precious to me, far precious than my self in jail as long as I will come out to continue smoking and dealing in it.

''Ekai-baby, na later things na, me go catch you up when I come back''

I said this while walking to the gate. Ekaite, I smiled to myself. Why would anyone hurt her tender heart.

Ekaite is a fair slim Calabar girl, cute face, pointed nose and a set of teeth that is neatly arranged, what dentist will call the perfect dentine. Her eyes always have this mischievous glint inside, like she ws laughing and mocking you with it at the same time should she stare into your eyes. Her laughter rings like bell while her smile could turn a man to a statute, the perfect description of a goddess in human form. She carries herself with this gait that her legs hardly touches the ground when she moves. Added to her beauty is a goodness of heart that surpasses anything I had ever seen, always ready to render help even when it was not necessary. I discovered all this in the first two weeks that I moved into the compound.

Ekaite had come home one fateful evening in the company of a tall, dark man that do come to her place whom she had told me was her fiance. They had entered into her room as usual while I was seated outside washing my singlets and boxers. I took no heed at first to their talks, the laughter coming out from her room was captivating and had already gotten me day-dreaming.

I rose from where I was washing to go dry out my clothes on the clothing line when I smelt the first trace of trouble.

''Who was that girl I saw putting on your shirt and short in your house yesterday''

Ekaite seemed to be asking. I paused to listen if there was going to be a reply, but there was none. I just shook my head and made for my room, plugged my earpiece into my ear, laid on the bed while waiting for the evening breeze to dry one singlet that I could use that night. I must have drifted into sleep when someone shook me vigorously. I opened my eyes to see a teary face Ekaite, blood dripping from a wound on her lips, her eyes swollen and face red from what look like slaps. She seemed to be talking to me as I removed the earpiece from my ears.

''Attai, abeg help me, save me before this animal kill me''

I jumped to my feet as the blackman barged into my room unceremoniously and made for Ekaite. Ekaite my neighbour and one who had been feeding me since I moved into the compound. One that laughs at my jokes all the time. One who keeps me company no matter how hard I tried to push her off. The gentle girl that had quarreled with no one since I've gotten to know her. It is the same person this black man is bullying.

Something snapped inside of me as I jumped to my feet like a tiger ready to save its cub from being taken away.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
More coming later... **praying for the go slow to be worse**

I go update as long as I dey inside this bus....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by sKeetz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
NICE!
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
I held unto him pushing him back in the process but instead of him retracing his step, he used force to push me off. I moved back and collided with the wall. This increase my anger, as Ekaite instead of raining abuses on him as is typical with most ladies, was just saying she is stepping out of the relationship. This wasn't the first time that she had caught him with someone and that she's had enough of the whole relationship.

All the words coming out of her mouth seemed to be provoking the man as it only increased his aggressiveness making it more difficult for me to hold him back after recovering from hitting on the wall. I succeeded at last in pushing him out while Ekaite locked the door from inside.

''Na wetin be your own na, you wan kill her? My room look like field to you, na woman she be o, better treat her like na your mother she be and I doubt if you go fit slap your mother''

I was shouting at him, the veins in my neck standing and sweat pouring out from my body abundantly.

''So na your place she dey always stay abi, today her nyash don open, I go make sure say I kill her''

He said as he pushed me off the way and proceeded to bang on my door in a bid to open. I rushed him and held unto him prompting him to turn and land a slap on my face. The force behind the slap and the fastness at which it was administered made my world go round at that moment. The stinging pain brought me back to reality. I looked and discovered he was still banging at my door while raining obscenities at Ekaite prompting my anger to rise, my eyes turning red instantly and the thirst to draw blood possessing me.

I rushed at him, jumping into the air and using both legs to hit him on his back with a force that made him hit my door and fall down. He jumped up back to his feet, rushed me, his arms opened wide to grab me. I moved to the side effortlesly giving him a punch behind his neck the force sending him to crash some feets away from me. I immediately jumped on his back but he pushed me off by tilting his back. We stood up facing each other while I measured him. He had been so easy to beat, his huge body holding nothing. He rushed me with punches which I parried aside until I had an opening, I droped two successful punches on his jaw, the last one drawing blood. The sight of his blood drove him crazy as he rushed me while I bent down and picked him up easily throwing him behind me. The impact of his head on the ground gave him swellings and cuts on his head.

''Haba Attai, I no know you like this o''

A voice said, as a hand grabbed me from behind. The dark man still laid on the ground, his hand covering his face as more people trooped into the compound. Soon he was shown his way out while Ekaite opened the door and came out from my room.

That was the last time I had seen the dark man, though Ekaite had told me some time back that he had pleaded with her but she had already resolved not to go back to him. I was relieved but losed hope when Ekaite told me she was never going to go into any relationship until she is ready to marry.

I had created an imaginary image in my mind which shut out her beauty when I look at her therefore creating no room for me to develop feelings for her. But I still look at her once in a while but still held to my resolve not to have anything to do with her, well, something romantic.

I shook my head clear as I crossed the road to the recharge card joint. My rehearsal was not going to fail me that morning. Instead of the normal weed, I will take my time to convince/confuse her into becoming my girlfriend. Afterall, I need call units on my Nokia Torch. She was standing right inside the shop and looking at another direction. I smiled and walked up to her.

To be continued...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Your comments are welcomed. Please don't read without commenting... Bless you as you make me put my New Year resolution into use... Which is to stop writing Erotic Tales and try my hand on other forms of writing...

Thanks pals....

Redmosquito, I never see any of your comment heere ooo.... If you comment, e go make sense....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
Foxy, keep up with the good work.
U are great.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
albacete: Foxy, keep up with the good work.
U are great.

tanks man... Where is Mosquito... Tell him I'm looking for him...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Hadesparks(f): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
More ink 2 ya pen...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nexxy007: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
cntinue bro. . . . .captivatd already
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

tanks man... Where is Mosquito... Tell him I'm looking for him...

Kk.
So when is d update coming?

Abi mosquito don carry am run
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Foxy u dey try wella, so that gal fyn, u come spoil am 4 us abi, no wahala,we go c. Update quick o,and redmosquito go hear say u dey call am.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by ayobase(m): 12:18am On Jan 11, 2013
U just added another fan!
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:59am On Jan 11, 2013
I find it difficult to update late at night... My sleep come change im name to Precious... Chei.... Ehm... Make una forgive me biko. Na morning things when day break be that....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2013
''Ehm...ehm... My sister''

I spoke, taking a deep breath. My lips shaking. Her reaction the first time had created a lasting impression in my mind. She turned to look at me, her eyes becoming a shade darker as she recognized me.

''Yes, na wetin you want''

She asked her voice becoming a pitch louder. My heart tripled its rate of beat sending more blood through my veins and making my face turn bright red and sweat forming on my forehead. I swallowed hard, my adams apple resisting the flow of saliva down my gullet. What is the next word I had rehearsed because I was not expecting the shout from her though I knew the reception would be cold.

''I want you''

I spitted out. This drew a scornful laughter from her as she clapped her hand in amazement before proceeding to scrutinize me from my head right down to my toes like a dress inspector. I gazed at her and wondered what was going through her mind.

''Ehm, what do you say your name is again?''

She asked.

I was caught off-guard by that question too. What has my name got to do with what I had just said or the manner at which she had looked at me.

''Attai''

Came the reply, my heart in my mouth expecting the bomb to drop.

''I'm Patricia''

She told me. My eyes blinked severally surprised at the sudden turn of event and my confidence boosted. So she now has a name. Why had she treated me the way she did the previous day I wondered. I extended my hand and she took it into a warm handshake winking at me and biting her lower lips in the process.

''Nice meeting Attai''

She was taking the lead when all of a sudden:

''I resemble who you go come dey toast abi I look like your level. Common to wear better cloth you no sabi and to even keep ur nose clean na job. See eh, if you ever come disturb me again, na water I go carry baff you''

I jumped back as if I had been stung by a scorpion, pulling my hands out of hers in the process. Her voice was gaining momentum as it poured out abundantly with passion.

''See as you come here dey smell of sweat and alcohol yesterday, your eyes red as if you smoke Igbo. See you, you think say I be fool wey go fall for you abi. Carry you self go another place because I no dey chop fine boy for house, agbero for outside''

I had taken some steps backward at the mention of Agbero. She might even know I deal in weed. Before I could restrain myself, my hands shot out from my side landing a slap squarely on her face. I had broken my golden rule, but in that situation I believed that some rules are meant to be broken. She screamed. Came out from her kiosk and started imploring people to come and help her as she stepped closely and grabbed my shirt. I tried pushing her hands off but instead she held tightly, rumpling my fine shirt and causing stains on it as people gathered watching my humiliation. I went mad with rage and landed a few more slaps on her face before I was pulled of her while she was held down.

''You go see, na me you slap abi, no even sleep for house self''

She threatened.

I just arranged my shirt, turned round and walked home my head down and my steps unsteady. I kept asking myself what had prompted my going there that morning forgeting all about the fact that I wanted to make her mine.

''Ah ah, Attai, na wetin happen na, why you dey sweat and your shirt dey like this''

Ekaite asked as she rushed at me leaving the vegetable she was washing. I ignored her, opened my door and walked into my room lying on the bed turning all that happened in my head. Ekaite walked into the room and sat at the foot of the bed, her face a mask as she kept asking over and over again.

''Let me be for now please''

I pleaded with her. She stood up and went out leaving me to my thoughts. Soon there was commotion outside as I heard voices, male voices and then a farmiliar voice shouting above the male voices in a cry.

''Na the house be this, na the house be this''

I jumped up quickly as I smelt the trouble in the air. I was truly in for a rough day. I came down from the bed, lifted the far edge and brought out my base-ball bat, walked to the door and locked it from the inside. Soon the gate made squeaky noise as it was banged around, the compound outside was filled with shout.

''Na where him room dey, wey that person wey no fit hold himself carry hand touch my sister''

A farmiliar voice screamed. Deep and husky. I had heard that voice before but could not place where I heard it from. A hand banged at my door with full force with Ekaite's voice at the background pleading for things to be taken easy. I braced up my club, removed the hook from the door and waited for the door to jump open. The adrenaline in my system already sending bitter bile of hatred to my mouth as I remembered who has the deep husky voice.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2013
this is getting more interesting by each passing day.
#following fender to bumper#
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nexxy007: 8:23am On Jan 11, 2013
hahahahaha. . . . . . Ekaite's ex. . . .attai dn enta trouble o
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2013
Nexxy007: hahahahaha. . . . . . Ekaite's ex. . . .attai dn enta trouble o

Some people forming prophets on my head.... Hahahahahahahaha.... Let's wait and see.... Updates coming up later cool cool cool
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Toheeb31(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2013
PlSsssssssssssssss update quickly, am fully subscribed. Am sure d person coming in will be a friend or the guy u slapped at igbo market grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amos Tutuola's 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Asunder....(family Drama) / Tom Clancy Dies At 66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.