Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Attai... The Player From Kano - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Attai... The Player From Kano (15076 Views)

The Player And The Cele Girl (short story) / Attai... The Sh.it Maker ( A Short Story ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Foxy, just three words:

keep making sense.

Make u no 2 waste time oo. Muah dey feel dis vibe.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by donifez(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
Foxee..so u smoke,nice write up...come update quickly ooh,
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by kelmich(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Wetin dey worry that Ekaite sef, why she go jus dey enter your room anyhow? But Oga Foxy you for no hang us like that na, come update sharp sharp
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
kelmich: Wetin dey worry that Ekaite sef, why she go jus dey enter your room anyhow? But Oga Foxy you for no hang us like that na, come update sharp sharp
because Foxy still dey owe her. wink
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by oyestephen(m): 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hilarious, captivating, and splendid. I foresee more troubles with ekaitte...thumps up foxy
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ekaite was looking at me like a vulture will look at a carcass before pouncing down to eat the dead meat. I just stared at her through the smoke like she wasn't there.....

Will update tomorrow... But aint asking a question. What twist is it gonna take, I wonder too... But make we see wetin dem prophets fit talk. I pray I get inspired in my dream.

For the record.... The igbo wey I take strong so make I sleep the effect tomot.... Gudnyte....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Adinije(f): 12:08am On Jan 13, 2013
bad boy...u don break Ekaite's heart. Still following...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Donshegxy10(m): 1:03am On Jan 13, 2013
@foxy baba, me i gbadun ur styley!!
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: Ekaite was looking at me like a vulture will look at a carcass before pouncing down to eat the dead meat. I just stared at her through the smoke like she wasn't the there

I kept puffing at my wrap of weed and sipping the Alomo while Akogu laid down on the bed closing his eyes as Ekaite stood there not moving an inch.

''Attai, I never knew you are like this, you've disappointed me.''

Ekaite spoke in a tearful voice. I jerked my head to look at her only to discover tears falling from her beautiful eyes. My heart stinged me a little bit and waves of regret washed through my bodies. I never wanted her to cry in the first place and her crying is like taking it too far. I turned round and faced the wall away from her view as her sobs increased. She stood where she had been standing without bulging, her sobs getting louder each time a take a drag from the weed. I was already feeling light headed and laughter was begining to swell up in my mind.

''O'boy, make I come dey go, try sort things out with her''

Akogu's husky voice cut through my highness. I turned round to see him staring at Ekaite with what looks like pity and patting her on the shoulder before going out.

''Later things na''

I called out to him as I heard his footstep move towards the gate and the squeaky gate giving way for him to pass through. I doused the fire of the wrap of weed after gulping the last of the Alomo, this I did by crushing it on the side of the cup. I turned and faced Ekaite who was sobbing, her body shivering like she was suffering from cold.

''Haba Ekaite, why you dey fall my hands like this na, I be man and get right to follow any path wey I wish so just hold yourself''

I said as I stood up and took unsteady steps towards her. I looked to her face again and felt that same pain in my heart. I held her on her shoulder but she shrugged it off, pushed me and lashed out at me:

''You think that you are having the time of your life by indulging in smoking marijuana abi, you don't know what you are doing to yourself. You are so blinded that you think all these will take you somewhere. I have been watching you closely since I met you, your future looks bright but you prefer to do crazy things instead of chasing it with you arms open wide. I must say that I am truly disappointed in you. I should never had hoped in the first place''

Her sermons sounded long to me but two things caught my attention; ''chasing the future with arms open wide'' and ''I should never have hoped in the first place''. Hoping for what my mind asked me. I walked towards her and put my hands the second time on her shoulder.

''Why don't you leave me alone''

The words came out slurry and instead of leaving me alone, Ekaite landed a slap on my face. The sting of the slap cleared my eyes, making my jaw to drop. She had never been violent before, her violence surprised me. And as I made to talk my hands on my cheek, she raised her hands up, turned round and cried to her room.

I stood there feeling stupid. Tired of standing, I sat on the bed turning her words in my head, ''I should never had hoped in the first place'', ''chasing the future with arms open wide''.

I had truly toyed with my future. After leaving the university with 1st class honours in QS and searched for a job without getting any, I had tried my hands on various things only to settle for the most favourable. Loading buses and making more money by selling weed, carving a name for myself. Being educated and exposed made me wade out if troubles easily without being caught. Now here is Ekaite reminding me of them all.

A tear drop snaked its way down my face, and as I thought more, tears flowed down freely. A soft hand touched my shoulder and caressed my head making me look up to find Ekaite staring at me, her tears flowing too. I had not hear her come in. She lifted me up by my hands and I stood facing her. She came closer to me in a tight hug as my breath came in puff as I closed my eyes allowing my pain sail with the wind.

''I'm sorry''

I whispered.

''Ssshhhhh''

She placed her finger on my lips. She lifted her head and planted a kiss on my lips. I kissed back allowing emotions to flow from me to her. We fell together on my bed as she gave me her body with one heart which I took gratefully, love swelling in my heart for the adorable person she is. We slept off after making love.

''You have no where to run to, this is your final bus stop''

A fierce voice said to me making me jump up. A punch landed on my face making me fall while Ekaite shouted in the background. NDLEA had caught up with me.

I was handcuffed while putting on only my boxers and hoarded off into a waiting Hilux van with crowds watching. The van turned and drove away with Ekaite chasing us and crying at the top of her voice while I bent my head down in shame and regrets...

To be continued...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Ice4jez(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2013
ok i ve to admit u re gud.see u in africa nerd but away overluk ur write up.its time i start going tru them n i wish dey re as gud as dis
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by skoloppy31(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2013
Foxy,,sho ara re oooo,,u ba eakaette SUN,n o wahala,,NDLEA,u go comot veriw soon.shebi ur papa knw pple nah...nah break u jst go do there
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2013
Ekaite soon turned back while the van took me straight to DLEA's office. As we went through the gate, my fears increased because I've heard tales about the place and its ruthlessness from guys who had been so unlucky to go there. These guys were always released without charge as they knew people in the government but I knew nobody. I never knew I was going to find myself in this place. The van soon came to a stop in front of a building that was painted pale green, its doors looking turgid. The DLEA official sitting close to me kicked me from the back as I made to come down from the van causing me to tumble down and landing on the ground which was tarred. I stood up with bruises and feeling light headed and casted, I knew the whole world had turned its back on me for my phone was not even on me.

I was ushered into the reception where my name was taken and the handcuff removed, I was pushed into an empty cell waiting to be interrogated.

In the room was a single chair and a table what look like a block engine at the side, on the roof was a fan hook. I made my way and sat down on the single chair, my heart beating as I awaited my fate. I knew I was in for a rough interrogation as two officials entered. The first one who is short and thick was holding a baton in one hand and a cable in the other while the other one, a tall thick set dude had two handcuffs with him.

''So na you dem dey call Attai wey don dey evade arrest since abi, today na im your own done because you go tell me who una kingpin be and how the igbo dey take go round''

The short one spoke with a thick voice. His voice sent waves of fear through me as he put the things he was holding on the table while the tall one proceeded to handcuff my hands behind the chair.

''I no know how the whole circle be, I no get significance, I just be retailer, abeg make una let me go''

What I said earned me a dirty slap the stung me right into my brain.

''You think say na play we come play for here abi, you better talk now''

The tall one said. Since I had nothing to say truly being oblivious of how of how the circle was being run, I kept quite and answered none of their questions. This earned me a lot of beating until I passed out.

I opened my eyes when cold water was poured on my face and felt myself stretched. I was hanging from the roof, a rope tied to the handcuff and the block engine suspended on my legs by the help of the second handcuff and a hook. I screamed in pain and passed out again.

I came back when I felt cold water on my skin, I opened my eyes slowly but discovered I could not open it fully. It was swollen that it felt heavy shutting my eyes with its weight. I tried crawling out of the cold water but discovered it was everywhere. I laid down in the dark and wept till morning.

I was arraigned in court two days later and sentenced to 2 years, only because Ekaite brought a lawyer. I was sentenced to serve as a deterrent to others and also teach me a little lesson about life. I did my prison sentence with Ekaite always visiting me and it was there I learnt that Akogu was the one the reported to NDLEA. I took it all as part of life as I watched the prison walls counting days into months and months into 2 years.

I was released to Ekaite who came with her car to pick me up. She had worked hard and made it, and as I left the prison walls, Ekaite's words still resounded in my head:

''Chasing the future with arms open wide''

That I did exactly as Ekaite helped set me up and with sheer hardwork, determination and dedication I built my company. I ended up marrying the love of my life, Ekaite, had 5 kids with her and built a happy family with my strong resolve to always get things right. For definately, I had chased the future with arms opened wide.

THE END....

DISCLAIMER

All the names mentioned here, places and organization are but a figment of the writer's imagination as this is a product of pure fiction. A work inspired by Mr. Lanre Olanrewaju (Chairman, Peace Haven Hotel), who through shear hardwork had attained the positioned he is. This is not his story though.

I pray this serves as an inspiration to youths who may think that engaging in shady deals is the only way of making it in Nigeria.

CHASE THE FUTURE WITH YOUR ARMS OPEN WIDE!!!
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2013
Lest I forget... INDOMIE is now N70 while Hungry Pack is now N120... Na where we dey go, Naija....

I hope I ended it well... Your comments and criticism are highly needed and I pray the Moderator moves it to the front page...

Thanks... It was fun having you all around...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by BukkyDan(f): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2013
Nice one Attai, I really love your story, you're super talented
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2013
Ice4jez: ok i ve to admit u re gud.see u in africa nerd but away overluk ur write up.its time i start going tru them n i wish dey re as gud as dis

One of the best comments on this thread... Thanks for believing in me....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:05am On Jan 13, 2013
skoloppy31: Foxy,,sho ara re oooo,,u ba eakaette SUN,n o wahala,,NDLEA,u go comot veriw soon.shebi ur papa knw pple nah...nah break u jst go do there

Ahhh... No be break ooo...

Thanks for commenting...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:09am On Jan 13, 2013
BukkyDan: Nice one Attai, I really love your story, you're super talented

For the record... My name is Foxybone... Attai is a name I decided to use because of where I represent, I represent the Middle Belt... Kogi/Benue to be precise. I had to use a name that is regular to both states but I'm a Nigerian...

Thanks for your comments dear... Have a pleasant weekend...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:12am On Jan 13, 2013
don ifez: Foxee..so u smoke,nice write up...come update quickly ooh,

I would have explained better to you but since you are the one, I will just stroll pass. Na my smoking dey disturb you na...

We go hook up for that place na...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Hadesparks(f): 11:41am On Jan 13, 2013
U'r talented n tanx 4 dis write up, may God bless u....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hadesparks: U'r talented n tanx 4 dis write up, may God bless u....

Amen....
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by YOUNGKAHUNA: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
I Can't Just Read The Whole Story Without Commenting......You're Really Talented Keep It Up *whisper* do you really smoke?
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
YOUNGKAHUNA: I Can't Just Read The Whole Story Without Commenting......You're Really Talented Keep It Up *whisper* do you really smoke?

**Replies in whisper**

Itz a secret...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by wizb: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
Good job Foxy! Hope you will soon write another one? Thanks.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Adinije(f): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
what can I say but...kudos
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by albacete(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Attai Foxy, i must say that was very interesting.

Now, where are those mods?
Abi na only Tonto Dike / GEJ threads dey appear for front page.?
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
albacete: Attai Foxy, i must say that was very interesting.

We both know the drill Sire...

Cuddlemii, please do something... It's gonna be fun reading reactions...
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by donifez(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
Front page..mod,super thrilling story.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nexxy007: 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
front page pls!
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:08am On Jan 14, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

**Replies in whisper**

Itz a secret...

Ok Ok.......I Can Keep Secret, It's Only The People I Share It With That Can't Keep It.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 14, 2013
Hey,i love this story, hey modz no be only tonto dike story suppose dey front page o, this thread needs 2 go 2 d front page please.na beg o.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by petokey: 6:51am On Jan 14, 2013
Wow! Am speechless, what a talent.
Re: Attai... The Player From Kano by Cuddlemii: 6:56am On Jan 14, 2013
albacete: Attai Foxy, i must say that was very interesting.

Foxy_Rebirth:

We both know the drill Sire...

Cuddlemii, please do something... It's gonna be fun reading reactions...

don ifez: Front page..mod,super thrilling story.

Nexxy007: front page pls!
Damex333: Hey,i love this story, hey modz no be only tonto dike story suppose dey front page o, this thread needs 2 go 2 d front page please.na beg o.

Hi,

Its almost impossible to see all comments made on threads or comments that need my attention.
I suggest you call my attention to threads or stories that are frontpage worthy, using the complaints thread--
https://www.nairaland.com/983531/literature-writing-complaints-thread/4
The complaints thread is the easiest & fastest way of reaching me for everything (excluding immoral stuffs wink)

I will read this thread first and recommend it for the frontpage.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amos Tutuola's 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Asunder....(family Drama) / Tom Clancy Dies At 66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.