Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? (11940 Views)

FIFA'S Fifpro World Xiof 2012 Reveled, No African Player On The List, Surprised? / 2012 FIFPRO World IX Reveals The Best League In The World / Bad Belle Don Start: Cristiano Ronaldo Has No Place In Lionel Messi's World Xi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by nifemi01(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Spain)

Defenders: Dani Alves (Brazil), Marcelo (Brazil), Gerard Piqué (Spain) and Sergio Ramos (Spain)

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso (Spain), Andrés Iniesta (Spain) and Xavi Hernández (Spain)

Strikers: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Radamel Falcao (Colombia) and Lionel Messi (Argentina)

Is it just me or has the 50000 people voting for the fifpro world eleven lost their mind?

I have no problem with the midfield and attack just the defence.

I think it is safe to assume those guys that voted watched just the el classicos in 2012 or how do u explain how pique, alves and marcelo made the list?

Lots of soccer pundits and commentators seem to agree also .Read below:

Where is Pirlo? Barcelona and Real Madrid bias proves that FIFPro World XI has no credibility?
By Carlo Garganese

How can the Fifa-backed award possibly be taken seriously after the shocking exclusion of the Juventus and Italy star, and the admittance of underachievers such as Dani Alves?

Footballers are often ridiculed for having more money than sense, and it is little wonder when they are responsible for monstrosities like the 2012 FIFPro World XI.

The best team of the last calendar year, as voted for by approximately 45,000 professional footballers around the globe, produced an all-La Liga line-up consisting of just one player – Atletico Madrid's Radamel Falcao – who is not contracted to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Don't Miss

If the Fifa Ballon d'Or is traditionally regarded as the most prestigious individual prize in football, then the FIFPro XI considers itself the most distinguished team construct.

However, any credibility that the Fifa-backed award has acquired since its creation in 2005 has now all but disappeared.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2601/features/2013/01/08/3656789/where-is-pirlo-barcelona-and-real-madrid-bias-proves-that-fifpro-

So guys, what would your own 2012 World XI be like? Who should be in the list that is not on it and vice-versa? Was Dani Alves the best performing right back in 2012? Same for Marcello at left-back, Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos in central defence? shocked

Is Alonso deserving of a place in the team? Shouldn't Ashley Cole, Nemanja Vidic, Van Persie, Pirlo etc be in the First XI?

What do you think. . .your opinions please. . . .

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2013
IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT FOOTBALL IS MADE IN SPAIN

STILL CONFUSED undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by seuncyber(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2013
so no player from england ?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2013
Fifa and Uefa are real f00ls. Omitting Cole, Lahm, Pirlo even RVP shows their level of stupidity. Can someoen tell me what Marcelo and Gerrard Pique did? Also what did Xavi and Alonso do last year? smh..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
siddiq202: IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT FOOTBALL IS MADE IN SPAIN

STILL CONFUSED undecided
Toh..They should then only organize the world cup with only Spain as the participating country!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Whats Dani Alves doin do there? where is RVP, where is Ashley Cole, where is Pirlo?. Hmmmmm itz obvious that FIFA is goin Gaga. Mmmmtttttccccchhhheeeeeewwwww

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Iaz93: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Bullshyte!
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by antontech(m): 11:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Pirlo and van persie deserve to be on the list.I wonder if those that voted the team were drunk.dani alves and Marcelo?,the are not serious.we had outstanding centre backs in the EPL last season,like vincent kompany.These awards has been messed up,the worst i hv seen.
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Tbillz(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2013
if dani alves can make tha list den borda taiye taiwo n shittu can also be dere. . .

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let's be fair a bit, dat FifaIX is not worth it, dis is hw d FifaIX shuld luk like:

Messi, V. Persie, Ronaldo

Iniesta, Pilor, Xavi

Marcelo, Ramos, Puyol, Lahm

Cech

substitutes:
Toure Yaya
A. Cole
Gomez
Neuer
Falcao
Ozil
Company.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Artless360(m): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
Haha diz ar futbal xpect* d hav state d 2rut up lionel up barca** english play wel if u wnt 2b included
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
Blatter's cohorts are in Spain, no surprises.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
arrant nonsense! barcelona and real madrid players only,
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by slap1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dani Alves and Marcelo shouldn't be on the list.
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Piponomics:
Toh..They should then only organize the world cup with only Spain as the participating country!

Bitter truth...LA LIGA ROCKS

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Kslib(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes,pirlo deserves to be on the list,but RVP doesnt... It was only when Rvp came to man u that he became fire,when he was at arsenal,he was just average.. So maybe he deserves to be on the next list,but certainly not this list...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Benedictus90: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
if i were 2 choose d world best 11.. Den i'l b avin d ffg players..
Joe Hart.
Rafael. Nemanja Vidic. Pepe Jordi Alba
Yaya Toure Andres Iniesta, Xavi Hernanden
Lionel Messi. Cristiano Ronaldo. Robin Van Persie.
Dz wil b my line up

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Chelcy10: Let's be fair a bit, dat FifaIX is not worth it, dis is hw d FifaIX shuld luk like:
Messi, V. Persie, Ronaldo
Iniesta, Pilor, Xavi
Marcelo, Ramos, Puyol, Lahm
Cech
substitutes:
Toure Yaya
A. Cole
Gomez
Neuer
Falcao
Ozil
Company.
WHAT A JOKE.....
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by oluking: 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
couldnt have been better!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kslib: Yes,pirlo deserves to be on the list,but RVP doesnt... It was only when Rvp came to man u that he became fire,when he was at arsenal,he was just average.. So maybe he deserves to be on the next list,but certainly not this list...

RVP and pirlo did well in 2012 no doubt, but there is no room for them on that list

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
oluking: couldnt have been better!

Best comment so far!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Joey82(m): 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
at least Pique does not deserve to be there,
he had nothing to show through out last season.
hw abt chellini, kompany, pepe and hummels?
these guyz were far better.
even sergio ramos was not consistent in that position last season as he was sometimes drafted to play at right back.
as for dani alves, lahm was/is by far better in that right back position and i do not think marcelo did better than cole on the left back.
even bale deserves to displace one of those spanish midfielders, so is pirlo and neymar.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Vansnickers: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
No Aguero! No Silva! No Cole! What kind of list is this?!
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
991: arrant nonsense! barcelona and real madrid players only,
Bros check well Falcao is also there

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Whobedatte(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fair selection by FIFA, except PIQUE who wasn't really on top of his game last season due to intermittent injuries! Anyway such bloomers are meant to happen, No one is perfect. The EPL is just an overrated league that thrives on the media for its propanganda. Kompany, Vidic etal are average defenders who in my own opinion doesn't warrant a FIFA X1 except Ashley Cole!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by danny301: 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Piponomics: Fifa and Uefa are real f00ls. Omitting Cole, Lahm, Pirlo even RVP shows their level of stupidity. Can someoen tell me what Marcelo and Gerrard Pique did? Also what did Xavi and Alonso do last year? smh..

The fifa 1X is wouldn't have been anything better than this..... Individually this players are the best in their respective positions..... The mid-field is perfect.... if you question what Xavi did last year or any other year for that matter then i doubt if you really watch foot-fall.... as for RVP, it's an insult to the sensitivities of foot ball fans all over the world to mention RVP when they are talking about messi and ronado or even falcao..... You cannot compare that tired leg ur called Cole with Marcelo neither can you compare vidic who has not played 90 minutes for several months with either pique or ramos.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Sholexyz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kslib: Yes,pirlo deserves to be on the list,but RVP doesnt... It was only when Rvp came to man u that he became fire,when he was at arsenal,he was just average.. So maybe he deserves to be on the next list,but certainly not this list...
guess u were watching rugby last season nt football.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Van snickers: No Aguero! No Silva! No Cole! What kind of list is this?!

It's FIFApro XI, got it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by n0m0705(m): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
The fif pro 11 is a big scam, how can any one pick marcello, pique and alves as the best in their category for 2012. Where do you leave Ashley Cole, pepe, Lahm, Ivanovic, and so on. 2012 was the worst for pique in barca's jersy, so also Alves. I also disagree with the inclusion of Falcao when u have the likes of Van persie and Ibrahimovic. As for Pirlo, as much as a feel he should have been selected, I don't know who he can replace in that midfield. My own 11 goes thus: Cassillas, Ramos, kompany,Lahm, A. Cole, Alonso, Xavi,Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Van persie.
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by Sholexyz(m): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
danny301:

The fifa 1X is wouldn't have been anything better than this..... Individually this players are the best in their respective positions..... The mid-field is perfect.... if you question what Xavi did last year or any other year for that matter then i doubt if you really watch foot-fall.... as for RVP, it's an insult to the sensitivities of foot ball fans all over the world to mention RVP when they are talking about messi and ronado or even falcao..... You cannot compare that tired leg ur called Cole with Marcelo neither can you compare vidic who has not played 90 minutes for several months with either pique or ramos.
so 4 last yr u wud rate xavi ahead of pirlo u must b high on water.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by harlos: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
The squad is made up of barcelona and real madrid players with falcao as the only outsider but all from laliga...
With this i conclude fifa watch only spanish football.

Total rubbish(spits out)
Re: What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? by siddiq202(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
n0m0705: The fif pro 11 is a big scam, how can any one pick marcello, pique and alves as the best in their category for 2012. Where do you leave Ashley Cole, pepe, Lahm, Ivanovic, and so on. 2012 was the worst for pique in barca's jersy, so also Alves. I also disagree with the inclusion of Falcao when u have the likes of Van persie and Ibrahimovic. As for Pirlo, as much as a feel he should have been selected, I don't know who he can replace in that midfield. My own 11 goes thus: Cassillas, Ramos, kompany,Lahm, A. Cole, Alonso, Xavi,Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Van persie.
I'm sure you are chelsea fan

n0m0705: My own 11 goes thus: Cassillas, Ramos, kompany,Lahm, A. Cole, Alonso, Xavi,Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Van persie.
OK but sorry your list is not recognized

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0) On 29th December 2019 / Manchester United Vs Norwich - Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 29th October 2013 / West ham Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (1 - 2) On 13th April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.