Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge (2049 Views)

Ice Bucket Challenge?! Naah. We Climb In Africa / Any Women Want To Join Me On A 6 Week Butt Bible- Program? / Gym Instructor Is Here: Join Me Now @ Loos That Needed Weight Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hi, Nairalanders. I am starting a weighloss challenge and would like to challenge some brave folks to join. I am 26 years old, 1.65m tall. Size 52. If anyone wants to join they can be communicating and updating here on nairaland or email me privatley. This is basically to encourage some of my fellow African queens and kings to take back their health, confidence and beauty. Not to say plus size is not confident nor beautiful but we can do and achieve more. Even if you are not big but would like to give your encouragement,tips,support etc please feel free to do so. Come on Africans lets make 2013 our year

2 Likes

Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sure, Ill join. Mostly I just want to lose the weight I've gained over the past 10 months (abt 10-15lbs). I had a job with ridiculous hours so I didnt have time to exercise or eat healthy. Wanting to lose about 20-30lbs max which has been my goal and I was so close to getting there before the lifestyle changed.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
I am definetely in! ! I am 165 cm and weigh 76 kgs, want to lose 16 kgs.
I have already started by taking a glace of ACV on an empty stomach, still don't have a diet plan yet ,what is your plan?
I am planning to stop eating starches,sugar and salt. I really hope it works coz I am so desperate right now lol

1 Like

Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by Syfy(f): 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Iam in.......i really want to slim down cos i ve added weight lately
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hello my African Queens who want to look their best. Well thank you for the responce. My plan is to start small then go big. For now i am starting with just walking at a fast pace for an hour both morning and evening. Have Bran Flakes for breakfast, lunch is mixed veggies with just a pinch of seasoning.I try to include broccoli, carrots, green beans and couliflower in the veggies. Youb can get them all mixed and frozen from mcain veggies. I try fry them with olive oil have have just 1 or 2 fish fingures with that meal. breakfast is at 9:30am, lunch at 13:30 and i try drink lots of water during the day. Beacause i dont wana endup hating the water i just have a bottle next to me and be sipping as the day goes. I stay away from fruit and sugar and i saw somewhere on the net that fruits have sugar which can be rather bad for weighloss. i do not use salt but use small seasoning like aromat. I try not to have super as i just drink green tea in the evening. all this tastes bad besides the breakfast so i try tell myself that i am not eating but i am merely adding medicine into my system as the kind of foods and drinks ( green tea) i have chosen taste bad, do not make me full. So please my honies lets lie to our minds and just tell our selves that it is medicine we are taking and not food. So far i do not snak bec ause most snacks are bad ( read the lable you will see). So fr now please stay away from bread ( even if its low GI brown bread), pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit,snack. Remember to fast walk twice a say then we will pick the pace up as we go along. If there is anyone wanting to disagree with my 1st week plan please speak now and share your tips. Remember we are just sisters trying to help each other and no one is better than the other. Thanks yol and keepém rolling cool
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
I guess I'll share my journey.

I lost about 30lbs 4 years ago. My family is typically big on fitness but as I grew older I became less active and gained weight in my mid to late teens. Lost 10lbs 2 years ago but gained that back plus some lbs. Where I live there is a weekly running/walking group so I figure I'll join them once a week. Also, I decided to train for a race in March which will force me to workout if I intend to finish. I just need to find my ipod since I usually get bored exercising in silence. As far as food goes, I will just have to increase my intake of water and make sure I eat at least 4 servings of vegetables a day. I am a dessert girl so I will just have to restrict myself a bit. Keeping a food diary of what I eat and when also would keep me on track so Ill have to get into that again.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100: Hello my African Queens who want to look their best. Well thank you for the responce. My plan is to start small then go big. For now i am starting with just walking at a fast pace for an hour both morning and evening. Have Bran Flakes for breakfast, lunch is mixed veggies with just a pinch of seasoning.I try to include broccoli, carrots, green beans and couliflower in the veggies. Youb can get them all mixed and frozen from mcain veggies. I try fry them with olive oil have have just 1 or 2 fish fingures with that meal. breakfast is at 9:30am, lunch at 13:30 and i try drink lots of water during the day. Beacause i dont wana endup hating the water i just have a bottle next to me and be sipping as the day goes. I stay away from fruit and sugar and i saw somewhere on the net that fruits have sugar which can be rather bad for weighloss. i do not use salt but use small seasoning like aromat. I try not to have super as i just drink green tea in the evening. all this tastes bad besides the breakfast so i try tell myself that i am not eating but i am merely adding medicine into my system as the kind of foods and drinks ( green tea) i have chosen taste bad, do not make me full. So please my honies lets lie to our minds and just tell our selves that it is medicine we are taking and not food. So far i do not snak bec ause most snacks are bad ( read the lable you will see). So fr now please stay away from bread ( even if its low GI brown bread), pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit,snack. Remember to fast walk twice a say then we will pick the pace up as we go along. If there is anyone wanting to disagree with my 1st week plan please speak now and share your tips. Remember we are just sisters trying to help each other and no one is better than the other. Thanks yol and keepém rolling cool

I understand the water dilemma. Sometimes it helps me to put some lemon or lime with my water. I don't know how different this diet is from your regular eating habits but I wouldnt try to go so restrictive out of few of binging.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Guy i dont know what i did right or wrong or if the initial weight i had was all mine but this morning when i weight my self i had lost 9kgs. I was excited and worried at the same time since it has only been a week since i started. Can someone who explain to me if this is normal or what is going on with my body. Yesterday i was too hungry in the evening so i had an apple but did not drink anything as my stomach was in pain. i was afraid of drinking the water because of the pain but i did sip a little but today i am feeling all enegertic and can feel those kilos off. Even my face is brighter and the pimples i had are going. You can even see from my face that i lost something as my face was too round because of the weight last week.Last week i bought a pair of jeans an it was a penny c size 26 but today i managed to wear my old size 20 work trousers. Oops i forgot to add that my urine is also yellow and i am able to do no:2 properly as well which was my biggest worry. i gues its the fat coming out
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
KateSpade:

I understand the water dilemma. Sometimes it helps me to put some lemon or lime with my water. I don't know how different this diet is from your regular eating habits but I wouldnt try to go so restrictive out of few of binging.

Hey babe. Thank you very much for the tip. The only problem is that i am a bit broke and lemon has always tasted bitter to me so since i drink water the whole day and its what i use to cleanse bad taste in my mouth, i do not want to have that bitter look in my face everytime i drink the water but please remember that i am just assuming that the water will be bitter as i have not tasted it before. I will try go buy some lemons after work today and start using the tip. Thank you once again for the tip and please keep them coming
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Oops i forgot to also add that today at work they handed out calenders from this place that sells delicious fast food. So to avoid tempation i decided to throw mine away so that i dont have to b looking at that food on a daily basis. Funny enough i can handle someone sitting next to me eating nice smelling food and i can even say no when offered of which i used to be the one who recognised lunch time before everyone and went to buy fast food on a daily basis. Now i even forget when its lunch time. I thank Jehova oh
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100:

Hey babe. Thank you very much for the tip. The only problem is that i am a bit broke and lemon has always tasted bitter to me so since i drink water the whole day and its what i use to cleanse bad taste in my mouth, i do not want to have that bitter look in my face everytime i drink the water but please remember that i am just assuming that the water will be bitter as i have not tasted it before. I will try go buy some lemons after work today and start using the tip. Thank you once again for the tip and please keep them coming

haha oh nooo well if its bitter for you, you dont have to try it. Drinking tea helps me too, it still has less sugar than juice.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
KateSpade:

haha oh nooo well if its bitter for you, you dont have to try it. Drinking tea helps me too, it still has less sugar than juice.

I like cool
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
any update?

well id reached the worst of my weight gain which has thrown me into being more proactive
Said goodbye to fruit juice, now am trying to drink water and tea. Walking or running in my area for about 20 to 30 minutes, 4x a week and doing kickboxing twice a week. Want to work up to running an hour every day [which is where i used to be]. Have at least 20lbs to lose which can be possible by April if i stay disciplined.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
KateSpade: any update?

well id reached the worst of my weight gain which has thrown me into being more proactive
Said goodbye to fruit juice, now am trying to drink water and tea. Walking or running in my area for about 20 to 30 minutes, 4x a week and doing kickboxing twice a week. Want to work up to running an hour every day [which is where i used to be]. Have at least 20lbs to lose which can be possible by April if i stay disciplined.

Well i have been sticking to a routine and i think it works for me. I do zumba dance for an hour in the morning, walk about 20 minutes to and from work and also do fast walking / slow jogging on the streets for an hour every evening once i have rested after work. I have all bran flakes with low fat milk for breakfast. Snack 3 times a day on 1 fruit per snack ( my favourite are pears). Lunch and dinner is mcain steamed veggies with fish fried with olive oil. I do not put any seasoning on the veggies as they turn to taste sweet once you get used to them and i prefer fish fingures as they are already prepaired ( i just fry and dont add anything also). i have so far i seem to be loosing 2kg a week and i always have 1 bad meal per week, where i will eat any junk i want without feeling guilty. the next day i ofcourse do 2 hour workouts instead of 1. I love drinking greentea during the day (only 1 cup though) i also drink 1 glass of hot water per day but always have a bottle of mild water on my desk. I think i love water most.With all this i find that i tone as i loose and my face glows and even looks younger. I think i am falling inlove with my new self. Ofcourse i have not reached my ideal weight but m enjoying the journey to my new self. The downside is that clothes look bigger now so i always have to be cutting and sowing to adjust coz i refuse to buy an new clothing before i reach my ideal weight. I hope this helps. Its not easy but whenever i turn i get down i jsut thank the lord for the health and the ability he has given me. I imagine myself at my ideal weight and i kinda like the attention i seem to be getting form friends and family whenever they see me they always ask me how i am doing it and they seem to admire my determination. I am a sucker for attention and if me doing my best to look my best then guese what i will do it.I also like the fact that now my man is able to pick me up because he was not able to do so first as i was heavy. I havent lost much but baby i am going strong.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
KateSpade: any update?

Well i have been sticking to a routine and i think it works for me. I do zumba dance for an hour in the morning, walk about 20 minutes to and from work and also do fast walking / slow jogging on the streets for an hour every evening once i have rested after work. I have all bran flakes with low fat milk for breakfast. Snack 3 times a day on 1 fruit per snack ( my favourite are pears). Lunch and dinner is mcain steamed veggies with fish fried with olive oil. I do not put any seasoning on the veggies as they turn to taste sweet once you get used to them and i prefer fish fingures as they are already prepaired ( i just fry and dont add anything also). i have so far i seem to be loosing 2kg a week and i always have 1 bad meal per week, where i will eat any junk i want without feeling guilty. the next day i ofcourse do 2 hour workouts instead of 1. I love drinking greentea during the day (only 1 cup though) i also drink 1 glass of hot water per day but always have a bottle of mild water on my desk. I think i love water most.With all this i find that i tone as i loose and my face glows and even looks younger. I think i am falling inlove with my new self. Ofcourse i have not reached my ideal weight but m enjoying the journey to my new self. The downside is that clothes look bigger now so i always have to be cutting and sowing to adjust coz i refuse to buy an new clothing before i reach my ideal weight. I hope this helps. Its not easy but whenever i turn i get down i jsut thank the lord for the health and the ability he has given me. I imagine myself at my ideal weight and i kinda like the attention i seem to be getting form friends and family whenever they see me they always ask me how i am doing it and they seem to admire my determination. I am a sucker for attention and if me doing my best to look my best then guese what i will do it.I also like the fact that now my man is able to lift me up because he was not able to do so first as i was heavy. I havent lost much but baby i am going strong.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100:

Well i have been sticking to a routine and i think it works for me. I do zumba dance for an hour in the morning, walk about 20 minutes to and from work and also do fast walking / slow jogging on the streets for an hour every evening once i have rested after work. I have all bran flakes with low fat milk for breakfast. Snack 3 times a day on 1 fruit per snack ( my favourite are pears). Lunch and dinner is mcain steamed veggies with fish fried with olive oil. I do not put any seasoning on the veggies as they turn to taste sweet once you get used to them and i prefer fish fingures as they are already prepaired ( i just fry and dont add anything also). i have so far i seem to be loosing 2kg a week and i always have 1 bad meal per week, where i will eat any junk i want without feeling guilty. the next day i ofcourse do 2 hour workouts instead of 1. I love drinking greentea during the day (only 1 cup though) i also drink 1 glass of hot water per day but always have a bottle of mild water on my desk. I think i love water most.With all this i find that i tone as i loose and my face glows and even looks younger. I think i am falling inlove with my new self. Ofcourse i have not reached my ideal weight but m enjoying the journey to my new self. The downside is that clothes look bigger now so i always have to be cutting and sowing to adjust coz i refuse to buy an new clothing before i reach my ideal weight. I hope this helps. Its not easy but whenever i turn i get down i jsut thank the lord for the health and the ability he has given me. I imagine myself at my ideal weight and i kinda like the attention i seem to be getting form friends and family whenever they see me they always ask me how i am doing it and they seem to admire my determination. I am a sucker for attention and if me doing my best to look my best then guese what i will do it.I also like the fact that now my man is able to lift me up because he was not able to do so first as i was heavy. I havent lost much but baby i am going strong.

well congrats, glad to know your hard work is paying off.

I've lost a bit as well. Trying to drink 3 liters of water daily. Just need to up the veggies. Have about 2 months before I want to reach my goal so I just hope I can stay with it.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
KateSpade:

well congrats, glad to know your hard work is paying off.

I've lost a bit as well. Trying to drink 3 liters of water daily. Just need to up the veggies. Have about 2 months before I want to reach my goal so I just hope I can stay with it.

Babe the secret is not to get bored with your routine. If you drink 3l of water i hope you are not forcing it down yur throte. you must drink it slowly. Just 1 mouthful at a time and as for your veggies try the mcain, They are already choped all you do steam. They include carrots, broccoli, couliflower,greenbeans etc.you will loooove them. how much have u lost?
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100:

Babe the secret is not to get bored with your routine. If you drink 3l of water i hope you are not forcing it down yur throte. you must drink it slowly. Just 1 mouthful at a time and as for your veggies try the mcain, They are already choped all you do steam. They include carrots, broccoli, couliflower,greenbeans etc.you will loooove them. how much have u lost?

I'm not forcing water down, just make it a goal to get 3l. I've lost abt 3kg.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by steadee: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
If you want to experience remarkable weight loss quickly, you need to split your meals. So instead of the usual large meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you should eat small meals at intervals of about 3-4 hours. This is essential for good health. see http://www.wheretobuyhghenergizer.com

Eating just two or three large meals daily is a fast way to increase your weight but when you take smaller meals at regular intervals along with slimming supplements; it will help to maintain a high body metabolic rate essential for quick fat loss. smileyhttp://www.wheretobuycapsiplexonline.com
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by mollyben: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hello all! I'm so loving this. Last week wednesday I weighed 121.5kg. After a week of diet and exercise, I lost 3.5kg and total of 6 inches from my tummy, hips and upper arm. Am hoping to lose another 4kg by wednesday. By the end of this month, I want to be like 100kg,then I'll continue from therem
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by mollyben: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2013
Seems everyone is busy. I couldn't do much this past week cos I was kinda ill, just vomitting. Just returned frim the gym and found out I lost 2kg so now am at 116. Hope you're all progressing.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
update.

Been a slow week for me. Ran hills on Monday, did kickboxing and weightlifting yesterday. nothing today.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Really did not want to exercise yesterday but I did 20 minutes of kickboxing.
Today, ran outside, kickboxing and lifting. I really had to motivate myself to get out there. I plan on weighing myself every 2 weeks so by the end of next week I'll know how I did for a full month. Results are slow but they are there.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
mollyben: Seems everyone is busy. I couldn't do much this past week cos I was kinda ill, just vomitting. Just returned frim the gym and found out I lost 2kg so now am at 116. Hope you're all progressing.

Hey babe i hope you are not vomiting because of the weighloss programme. Was is related? If yes, how did this happen? I hope you were not taking weighloss suppliments or eating bad tasting food. Vomiting, feeling dizzy, runny tummy etc are common if you are abusing yourself when it comes to weightloss. please do not do anything drastic hun. Remember the goal is to be healthy and strong not being thin as such so do not harm yourself okay baby? please share with us what led to the vomit and how did u cope?
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
KateSpade: Really did not want to exercise yesterday but I did 20 minutes of kickboxing.
Today, ran outside, kickboxing and lifting. I really had to motivate myself to get out there. I plan on weighing myself every 2 weeks so by the end of next week I'll know how I did for a full month. Results are slow but they are there.

Congratulations are in order for you baby girl. For achieving your first couple of kgs lost. I realy love the way you are doing it ( excersize and all) and the inner motivation which you are bringing out in order for you to achieve your weightloss is amazing and an inspiration to us all. Please keep up with the good work. Maybe after all this we can post our before and after pictures. Love please remember to keep strong, motivated and super. Its hard sometimes but keep your eyes on the ball. you are an inspiration to us all sugar
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
steadee: If you want to experience remarkable weight loss quickly, you need to split your meals. So instead of the usual large meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you should eat small meals at intervals of about 3-4 hours.

Eating just two or three large meals daily is a fast way to increase your weight but when you take smaller meals at regular intervals along with slimming supplements; it will help to maintain a high body metabolic rate essential for quick fat loss. smileyhttp://www.wheretobuycapsiplexonline.com

You are 100% correct babe. Thank you very much for the tips, love and support. you are a darling and keep shining like a Diamond
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by mollyben: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100:

Hey babe i hope you are not vomiting because of the weighloss programme. Was is related? If yes, how did this happen? I hope you were not taking weighloss suppliments or eating bad tasting food. Vomiting, feeling dizzy, runny tummy etc are common if you are abusing yourself when it comes to weightloss. please do not do anything drastic hun. Remember the goal is to be healthy and strong not being thin as such so do not harm yourself okay baby? please share with us what led to the vomit and how did u cope?

Thanks a lot. I eat well o my dear, it was just malaria. And I've been keeping up with my exercises.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
today. jog/walked 3 miles with a local women's running group. lifted weights for a bit. it helps me to exercise with ppl.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
KateSpade: today. jog/walked 3 miles with a local women's running group. lifted weights for a bit. it helps me to exercise with ppl.

I also find that motivating as well. Hope you enjoyed sister girl.
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by KateSpade(f): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ijeoma Okeke100:

I also find that motivating as well. Hope you enjoyed sister girl.

Thanks! how is it going for you.

Yesterday I did nothing but today was some kickboxing and light lifting. I think I need to start running more often and making sure I drink enough water
Re: Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
KateSpade:

Thanks! how is it going for you.

Yesterday I did nothing but today was some kickboxing and light lifting. I think I need to start running more often and making sure I drink enough water

Its all going fine, but sometimes i just get those evil choclate , bacon and cheese cravings. Its soo hard but i have decided to stay away from grocery stores for now so that i dont get tempted. When i need something from the store i send my man. He understands that i need him to get through this and he knows what a danger i would if i were to go to the store myself. Lol he is the one who even voluntered to be my shopper so that i avoid seeing all those delicious evil foods at the stores. The house is completely clear of those foods as well as now we have decided to put fruit everywhere. So if a person feels like snacking, they take a fruit but if you want something else you go and buy it but do not bring it into the house. I realy appreciate the support am getting from him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nuga Best Therapeutic Massage Centre With South Korean Equipment Now In Kaduna / See Photos Of A Baby Boy Born Without Anus In Jos / The Flat Tummy And Weightloss Herbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.