Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life (53416 Views)

‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’ / Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter / RE: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying In Luth, Please Help Save His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by sdbaba: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
I have just sent my widow's might. Pls let other Nairalanders do the same and God will replenish your pockets.

Most importantly, pls include this boy in your daily prayers cos heart and kidney diseases are really not easy to cure. The doctors only manage the ailment but only God can heal him completely, so your prayers are indeed needed for this young man. God Bless you all as you do so In Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

No be small huh!!

Why not we set a target, meet it and then send it to him... I am not in that business of directly crediting his account!!

I honestly join in reasoning with this, but will surely do my own part sha into the account that we have been "instructed" to, but i will take this as not a project for THeN cool

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by temi777: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
Guys I really appreciate the fact that we Nigerians are doing more of this.
I tried to send 5000 naira but GTBank said end of day process is running.
I will send it tomorrow asap.
God bless you all
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Samoo01: 4:28am On Jan 15, 2013
temi777: Guys I really appreciate the fact that we Nigerians are doing more of this.
I tried to send 5000 naira but GTBank said end of day process is running.
I will send it tomorrow asap.
God bless you all

Thanks! May the Lord Almighty be with you and yours. Amen!

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Subscribing.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Obere4u: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
naijababe: Subscribing.
No subscribe with empty hand o...
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Obere4u:
No subscribe with empty hand o...

Yes sir abi na ma!
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by DonTim1: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
any update abt his condition n finance ?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by topaz4: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
I paid in the little I could afford into his account this morning. I wish him complete healing.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Gboliwe: 3:31am On Jan 17, 2013
Amen
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Samoo01: 7:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Don Tim: any update abt his condition n finance ?

The doctors say he must be discharged since his precarious health situation is going to be permanent, I mean the kidney ailment has no cure and no transplant in sight. So he'll need to shuttle LUTH twice a week for dialysis. This was on, ahem, Sunday.

I was at LUTH with Miranda for several hours Wednesday and they refused to discharge him because he's owning two blood donations.

So we're most likely returning there today to find out if my blood supply is enough to donate so I can donate one and we'll need to look for someone else to donate the other.

Nairalanders and other folks are trying their best with the donation. But, sincerely speaking, the financial resources is still inchoate.

The help folks have sent has been helping and may God continue to bless their pockets as they continue to spare whatever they can. Money for each dialysis appointment ranges between N40-45,000 on average. To survive, the boy needs miracle now more than ever, if you know what I mean.

Thank you.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
Samoo01:

The doctors say he must be discharged since his precarious health situation is going to be permanent, I mean the kidney ailment has no cure and no transplant in sight. So he'll need to shuttle LUTH twice a week for dialysis. This was on, ahem, Sunday.

I was at LUTH with Miranda for several hours Wednesday and they refused to discharge him because he's owning two blood donations.

So we're most likely returning there today to find out if my blood supply is enough to donate so I can donate one and we'll need to look for someone else to donate the other.

Nairalanders and other folks are trying their best with the donation. But, sincerely speaking, the financial resources is still inchoate.

The help folks have sent has been helping and may God continue to bless their pockets as they continue to spare whatever they can. Money for each dialysis appointment ranges between N40-45,000 on average. To survive, the boy needs miracle now more than ever, if you know what I mean.

Thank you.

Well done samoo01, i understand everything both said and unsaid
I would really like if someone could come up with a budget of needs so that we can set a target
What you can not measure you can not manage

The alternative is something which can reduce the stress of his time.

Also is there no family (aside parent) who can help with a transplant
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Also can we get a list of what has been realised so far so we know the journey before us
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by temi777: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
I have now redeemed my own pledge today as promised. sorry for being late to do so as I was busy.
Emmanuel, may God's healing power touch you.Amen

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Degis(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
I have redeemed my personal pledge and I pray that the God of David Oyedepo will heal him in Jesus mighty name. Amen
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Gboliwe: 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
This news is disheartening but where there is a will, there is a way.
Let us keep hope alive.
If we have prayers only for him, let us be consistent. If you must fast please make the sacrifice.
If we have some money to give, we welcome wholeheartedly.
If it is money, prayer and visit, that is the best.
But whatever we have to do, let it cost us something. This is our brother. Together we will make it. AMEN.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by pm05337(m): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
It is well with Emmanuel in Jesus' name. Amen. Let us all rally round to help him...

Scripture to encourage us to help Emmanuel below:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:35-40 KJV)
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
How is Emmanuel doing now?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Gboliwe: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
ifyalways: How is Emmanuel doing now?
I pray Miraxel comes to update us. I am concerned and would like to know how he is doing
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2013
Sorry for the silence my dear people . Its just been hectic. This issue have drained me in all ways but i wont seize asking for God's intervention.

Finally, Emmanual has a chronic kidney diseases/kidney failure and hypertension. Several Dialysis have been done yet reversal is impossble.
He've been discharged from the hospital and asked to always come from home for his injections and dialysis.

Presently, he has no home since the family he was staying with is afraid of taking him back. He's currently with me because i couldt abandon him in the hospital but honestly the task is beyond what i can handle alone. He is on a special diet and the fact that i will always take him to LUTH -about 3 times in a week(from Ajah)----its just a very tough one.
The only solution to Emmanuel's ailment is KIdney Transplant.
As i'm writing he has no money for his dialysis and treatment tomorrow. What he had in his account was not even enough to pay for his hospital bills during discharge. I'm begging all well-meaning Nigerians, whoever that knows an NGO that can take over from me at this point to please help. I cant do this alone anyone, its beyond my capacity and honestly its difficult to abandon him now as many have advised me to do---no one knows where his/her savior would come from tomorrow.

Emmanuel deserves to live. He is a very intelligent young man , his high school education was even on scholarship. Please my dear people, let's help Emmanuel Odutola survive this ailment. God will reward us all!

Miranda 07033582485
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by pm05337(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2013
Hmm...it is well.....how much will it cost for the treatment tomorrow ?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
He's currently using his lap for the dialysis but he wont be able to use it again due severe pain and the legs are swollen. He needs a surgeon to create a neck access for him plus the dialysis fee,drugs and anemia treatment. He needs about N68,000 for tomorrow.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 1:27am On Jan 27, 2013
What precisely is this "chronic kidney disease(s)" ? Its unfortunate that even the nurse/matron can't say what the ailment is exactly.

I'm asking because I spoke to a few people that are into Kidney/renal related NGOs and they want to know what really is wrong with him.

Welldone to everyone that have donated, more can be done as Emma still needs financial help.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
ifyalways: What precisely is this "chronic kidney disease(s)" ? Its unfortunate that even the nurse/matron can't say what the ailment is exactly.

I'm asking because I spoke to a few people that are into Kidney/renal related NGOs and they want to know what really is wrong with him.

Welldone to everyone that have donated, more can be done as Emma still needs financial help.

He has a renal Kidney failure. The kidney is at the end stage. Transplant is the best option for him. He needs about 10 million naira for transplant
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
wow, so it could be ESRD or ARF.

You have all the details so can you mail, call this group :

http://www.kcnigeria.org/contactus.html

Don't give up if your email is not replied on time, keep mailing them and pushing. If you know anyone in Abeokuta, a physical visit with copies of Emmanuels health reports would be better.

May Gods grace, healing and favour locate Emma.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by favour232: 7:23am On Feb 04, 2013
miraexcel: He's currently using his lap for the dialysis but he wont be able to use it again due severe pain and the legs are swollen. He needs a surgeon to create a neck access for him plus the dialysis fee,drugs and anemia treatment. He needs about N68,000 for tomorrow.
I will make my own contribution before the week runs out. I want to also make a suggestion. There is a society in every catholic church called st.vincent de paul society that helps with such cases. Go to a catholic church within ur area and find out when they do their meeting,go see them with his pictures and receipt of payment already made. Am sure they will help with something if not carry the case themselves.also the church he worships or ur church can also contribute in a way.you have a good heart and I pray GOD will bless you abundantly as you help this young man
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Tee13(f): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
chaircover: God Please lay Your healing hand on this boy. May he use his own to feet to walk out of that hospital healed in Jesus Name.

Amen
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
favour232: I will make my own contribution before the week runs out. I want to also make a suggestion. There is a society in every catholic church called st.vincent de paul society that helps with such cases. Go to a catholic church within ur area and find out when they do their meeting,go see them with his pictures and receipt of payment already made. Am sure they will help with something if not carry the case themselves.also the church he worships or ur church can also contribute in a way.you have a good heart and I pray GOD will bless you abundantly as you help this young man

Thanks for your help my dear. I'm a member of this society and the constitution doesn't help terminal illness like this due to lack of fund. Our income is too poor and cant be invested on one client only.

I still plead with all well- meaning Nigerians to help save this Orphan's life as he's still on dialysis -three times a week pending when the money for his transplant is raised.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
I'll share the story of baby Precious here. Once upon a time, a girl of about 5 years had a hole in the heart, the parents were poor and she needed a surgery to live. The bill ran into millions. A guy brought the story to nld. People brought in different suggestions, opinions and there were clashes due to presentation of ideas and broken communication lines.

The OP was initially more interested in raising funds or rather felt that asking for donations was the only way out. Each second is precious,the little girls life was in hanging. Some of us suggested he try NGOs as oppossed to looking for donations. Some suggested they changed hospitals.

At the end of the day, he contacted one of the NGOs that someone mentioned on the thread and voila, the baby had a successful operation in France without paying a kobo.
Let us not assume that sourcing for donations is the only way out. Every second counts for Emmanuel.

I pray Gods favor and mercy locates him. Amen!
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
I spoke with Emmanuel today and he was undergoing dialysis when i called . . so he said.
He is in my prayers and Gods healing would locate him.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2013
ifyalways: I'll share the story of baby Precious here. Once upon a time, a girl of about 5 years had a hole in the heart, the parents were poor and she needed a surgery to live. The bill ran into millions. A guy brought the story to nld. People brought in different suggestions, opinions and there were clashes due to presentation of ideas and broken communication lines.

The OP was initially more interested in raising funds or rather felt that asking for donations was the only way out. Each second is precious,the little girls life was in hanging. Some of us suggested he try NGOs as oppossed to looking for donations. Some suggested they changed hospitals.

At the end of the day, he contacted one of the NGOs that someone mentioned on the thread and voila, the baby had a successful operation in France without paying a kobo.
Let us not assume that sourcing for donations is the only way out. Every second counts for Emmanuel.

I pray Gods favor and mercy locates him. Amen!

Emmanuel cant stop pleading for donations because a week without the required number of dialysis may be critical for him. His kidney is at the end stage remember. At same time I pray and hope that God provides NGOs to help with his transplant.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2013
miraexcel:

Emmanuel cant stop pleading for donations because a week without the required number of dialysis may be critical for him. His kidney is at the end stage remember. At same time I pray and hope that God provides NGOs to help with his transplant.
Have you been in touch with any NGO?
I'll try and reach you soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Young Lady Runs Mad In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Video) / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Coronavirus: Man Washes His Mouth With Hand-Sanitizer (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.