Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life (53353 Views)

‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’ / Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter / RE: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying In Luth, Please Help Save His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 8:53am On Jan 12, 2013
God bless all those who donated. You will never lack God's blessings in your lifes! The phamarcy stopped supplying him drugs because he was unable to pay the old bills but with the little donation he got, he was able to pay for his out standing bills at the hospital pharmacy and got some new drugs on 10/01/13. He had one minor sugery same day and can now see and read. I was with him throughtout thurday and friday and he's grateful to you all and still plead for more finiancial assistance so he can come out LUTH soon. Honestly , there's still alot to be done. God bless you abundantly.

Donations can be made to His bank account. GT BANK 0018164155 , ODUTOLA EMMANUEL

For those that wants to visit him, please call Miranda on 07033582485
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 9:00am On Jan 12, 2013
miraexcel have you started discussion with the TEHN

Frankly there are a lot of scams on NL and this group is tested and trusted
Once they pick up the case, NL people will show interest

is there any particlular reason why u dont want them to handle this issue
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2013
biolabee: miraexcel have you started discussion with the TEHN

Frankly there are a lot of scams on NL and this group is tested and trusted
Once they pick up the case, NL people will show interest

is there any particlular reason why u dont want them to handle this issue

i have sent 3 different emails to nairalandcharity@gmail.com but got no reply.
We dont have to depend on them while the boy is dying. Emmanuel needs some urgent attention. Honestly those long protocols isnt needed now. Like i said earlier, any individual that wants to help can also visit him in LUTH and make his/her donation there.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 12, 2013
Go to Winners Chapel...
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by holyvirgin: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2013
I hope monday is not too late?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Freiburger(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2013
Very heartbreaking.

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Brotherman(m): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2013
has anybody confirm the authenticity of this? please let some one confirm this as soon as possible, this is really touchy
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Santino1(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2013
miraexcel:

i have sent 3 different emails to nairalandcharity@gmail.com but got no reply.
We dont have to depend on them while the boy is dying. Emmanuel needs some urgent attention. Honestly those long protocols isnt needed now. Like i said earlier, any individual that wants to help can also visit him in LUTH and make his/her donation there.

You should take biolabee's suggestion seriously. some of us would like to help but are not residing in Nigeria, thus, it is impossible to donate into the stated account as I'll need the IBAN, sort code and all that rubbish.

However, with the TEHN's paypal channel, a buncha people will be able to support him just like they have in the past.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by kinguwem: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2013
The black race is cursed as evident by our behaviour. People are always ready to protest for increased wages, fuel subsidy & can even kill if their kinsman losses an election. Why can't nigerians protest & force the government to introduce & implement welfare schemes for the masses. There should be a welfare scheme & a health insurance programme for all nigerians. There should be functional dialysis centres in all states of the federation.
Popular personalities can easily attract appeal funds but indigent patients with no connections usually have problems in attracting donors.
Without an attitudinal change, there is no hope for a common man in this country.

4 Likes

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by moneyhungry(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2013
seunwen2: Is not that i do not feel like helping that boy, But i also lack fund 4 now............. I also need 4k presently now
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by iykemyke: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2013
onome25:
lovely words bros.i hope to help after all ,if i can shield 10 to 20k for him ,brethen what are u waiting for.don.t just sit here praying alone but do something now to save this boy.
i believe no amount is too small tnx.

if all those praying can donate 1k it will go a long.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by GboyegaD(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

You should take biolabee's suggestion seriously. some of us would like to help but are not residing in Nigeria, thus, it is impossible to donate into the stated account as I'll need the IBAN, sort code and all that rubbish.

However, with the TEHN's paypal channel, a buncha people will be able to support him just like they have in the past.

The challenge is she said she has sent them 3 emails without a response. Are we also saying none of them have read through the post?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by temi777: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2013
Can the charity arm of Nairaland please confirm the authencity asap so i can donate my own quota.
i will do mine today if confirmed. I am sure there are others like me. The christians among us
should use some part of their tithe for this. i do all the time. asap please
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by kolokolobi(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2013
Can a confirmation be made pls. Thank you.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by miraexcel(f): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2013
please visit him at LUTH to confirm, call Miranda 07033582485 for direction but please not that security can only allow one person at a time
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

The challenge is she said she has sent them 3 emails without a response. Are we also saying none of them have read through the post?

I have sent an email also to the mail
Lets see how it goes
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Mandesz(m): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2013
@ Miraexcel, may God bless you for the wonderful work you are doing.
I think I need to clear some things as someone just informed me of this "thread". You posted here
https://www.nairaland.com/802184/nairaland-charity-organisation-e-helpers-network/24
And I replied you as soon as I saw it.
I never got no feedback from you again.

Tehn cordinator is bereaved, we have an unfinished project at hand, not to mention our individual lives. (tehn is on volunteer basis)

We get loads of mails daily,and as I type,sifting through the inbox and yet to see even one of your 3 emails. It might even be in the spam box.

A simple, "I have sent you a mail" on the other thread(tehn thread) would have made things easier for all of us.

We would deligently look for your mail and reply as soon as we can.

God bless.
Tehn.

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2013
thanks ify for that clear up
Sorry about the bereavement of the person. My condolences to the person concerned and may God give the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by iykemyke: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

it does not work sh!t, have you noticed i have not taken the name of this man God. i will donate only if i see the patient myself.

pls make haste the phone nos is there, pls call and go see for urself. Remember u cant stay @ home and see the patient. He surely needs ur money for treatment if u have to givr.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2013
I am more than ready to make a token of my contribution but first, someone needs to prove the authencity of this story. I won't want to be fooled so early this year. The right thing needs to be done!

Op, can you snap another pictures of the patient and attach?
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Gboliwe: 11:49am On Jan 12, 2013
Your type make me sick.
kinguwem: The black race is cursed as evident by our behaviour. People are always ready to protest for increased wages, fuel subsidy & can even kill if their kinsman losses an election. Why can't nigerians protest & force the government to introduce & implement welfare schemes for the masses. There should be a welfare scheme & a health insurance programme for all nigerians. There should be functional dialysis centres in all states of the federation.
Popular personalities can easily attract appeal funds but indigent patients with no connections usually have problems in attracting donors.
Without an attitudinal change, there is no hope for a common man in this country.

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Santino1(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks Ify for clearing the air...

My deep condolences to the bereaved TEHN member...

You guys are surely doing a great job, more grease to your elbow.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by amivel(f): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
What is fake about it if U̶̲̥̅̊ have the money to help dave this guy life donate and leave the rest for God at this point i don't think there's a any need to be wasting time investigating.life is at risk here thanks my nl people God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ all.
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
I'm willing to donate, but only by going via TeHN. It makes it a lot easier for those living outside Nigeria to donate.

For those who feel TeHN isn't responding fast enough - think again. TeHN is purely a voluntary organisation, those involved give their time selflessly. They are also inundated by all manner of requests, on a daily basis. It takes time to sift through the lot, and place those genuine cases in order of priority. Invariably, there will be cases that are far from genuine.

Cases that are not looked into in great depth, that are taken up, and later found to be non-genuine WILL have a knock-on effect on genuine cases, so much as some may just feel "no time for protocol, just donate, and leave the rest to God", I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Funds are not endless, neither is time. For those that go to visit the subject of cases taken up (Ifyalways and the rest) they need to be commended.

And lastly, may I point out I'm with PAGAN on this - three pages so far, with 75% offering prayers is laughable. Prayer is fine, so is being proactive. And no, I haven't made a donation, because so far, there's nothing in place to aid contribution. Payment gateway, verification, and a whole bunch of other stuff to support this cause. Yeah, I can "pray", but besides being a Christian, I'm also a realist, and feel backing spiritual belief with direct action makes much more sense.

Less prayer, more action!

2 Likes

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by ifyalways(f): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Tehn would on or before 9am Monday 14th of January, investigate and confirm this story and report back here.

Depending on the outcome, we'll use our accounts to accept donations here for 1 week then pay directly to the hospital whatever is donated. Reciept would be displayed here.

This is how far we can go on this case, please OP take note.

Regards,
Tehn.

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Duduconfirm: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ OP apart 4rm this medium I'll advice you to go to several churches, talk 2 d pastors they'll announce during the service and people's token will make a big difference. A man once came 2 our mosque and got a substantial amount through donation
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by Originalsly: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
Try another hospital. It doesn't sound correct....dialysis and the doctor can correct the kidney problem? ......something is not right.

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by biolabee(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
ifyalways: Tehn would on or before 9am Monday 14th of January, investigate and confirm this story and report back here.

Depending on the outcome, we'll use our accounts to accept donations here for 1 week then pay directly to the hospital whatever is donated. Reciept would be displayed here.

This is how far we can go on this case, please OP take note.

Regards,
Tehn.

Good work Ify
Re: A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life by deletrue: 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
holyvirgin: I hope monday is not too late?
I just called the number, and a lady answered. Please, can some confirm if the bearer of the gsm no. is the name of a woman. Wants to send small thing first thing monday.
Person don tire for this naija. Don't know what to do. So many confusion here and there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.