Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: (12193 Views)

Man Beaten In Ilorin For Stealing Goats (graphic Pix) / 5 Goats Arrested And To Be Prosecuted In OSUN State / Robber Arrested For Violating 75yr Old Woman In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CrazyMan(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2013
No fewer than five goats were yesterday arrested at Dele-Yesa area in Osogbo, the Osun State capital by officials of the state Waste Management Agency (OWMA) for allegedly violating environmental laws. The state Coordinator of the agency, Mr. Henry Ogunbanwo said the goats would be charged to court by the agency and would be prosecuted in accordance with the laws guiding environmental protection in the state.

He said the state government had issued notice of warning to all residents of the state capital on the need to monitor their domestic animals to avoid public disturbance by the animals, which, he said, was against the environmental laws. Ogunbanwo disclosed that the five goats arrested were detained at the office of the agency in Osogbo from where they would be taken to court for prosecution.

He said the goats ran fowl of the laws guiding environmental protection by roaming around the residential area of Osogbo instead of being caged by their owners. He declared that the present administration in the state had zero tolerance for dirtiness and environmental hazard; hence the need for the enshrinement of the environmental laws, adding that the government would not take it lightly with violators of the laws According to him, officials of the agency would from now move to every nook and cranny of the state to arrest animals violating the state environmental laws, stressing that owners of such animals would also be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the laws.

He advised those rearing domestic animals to keep them in a cage to avoid arrest, insisting that his agency would not allow any animal to roam about on the streets of any town or village in the state. He urged those looking for their goats in Osogbo and its environs to check at the state office of OWMA in Osogbo.

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/5-goats-arrested-in-osun/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by jaymichael(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2013
JOKES section please.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by GARRIx7(m): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2013
This is real!!! I thought it was a joke till I checked the Sun Newspaper.... Damn!!!

These guyz are funny...... cheesy

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CrazyMan(m): 10:08am On Jan 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):
This is real!!! I thought it was a joke till I checked the Sun Newspaper.... Damn!!!

These guyz are funny...... cheesy

I said it yesterday that Nigeria is a joke...I guess I was right. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by caesaraba(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2013
shocked shocked shocked You mean a press conference was held by the State Coordinator of the Waste Management Agency just because 5 goats were caught loitering the streets??

Errr, please how much is Visa to Gabon?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2013
Am interested in knowing the details about this law in question. so hilarious.
However, i agree that domesticated animals should be prevented from running around. Owners should keep them at bay.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Olucheye(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2013
What the heck is happening in this country? Leaving criminals and arresting goats!!! TF!!?? Only in Osun state tho..
The beard of the governor even speaks voulme. #noPunIntended.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2013
what is the name this movie.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ichommy(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2013
Osun, always Filming
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Justicemy: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2013
i ve always seen osun as de most boring state in naija, anyway i ve been justify, idol minds

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ebamma3: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2013
See this He goats arresting a real goat
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Emusan(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2013
gringringringringringringringringringringringringrin i laugh soteeee i fall for ground, niaja for show
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by pat077: 11:42am On Jan 09, 2013
animal arresting animals. That Governor way be like ram they arrest goat. Na wao.

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by babseg(m): 11:43am On Jan 09, 2013
What is funny about this? Even in advanced countries they have Dog pounds that will arrest dogs roaming the street aimlessly

8 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by baynix(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2013
Have seen the movie too!!
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by fingard02k(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2013
On what count... I have 3 questions for the governor;
1) what was there offence? (wandering because they're looking for daily bread just like every other citizen?)
2) Will they be charged to court?
3) Will they be locked in the same ceil with human?
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by iamswizz(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2013
Hahahahahahaha.. Confused lot...
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2013
babseg: What is funny about this? Even in advanced countries they have Dog pounds that will arrest dogs roaming the street aimlessly

u do have a point no doubt.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Justicemy: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2013
dis osun govt if goat self, if goat de hungry dem mke dem go buy, insted of using tricks
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2013
This is discriminatory..
Would they attempt that with a Fulani cattle that causes more damages than a thousnd goats

Let them release the poor goats joor.

They shld know the way to the meat market if goat meat,isi ewu de hungry them.

Has anyone here tried MMIRI MKPI(he goat water)..he goat sauce..??i heard it is da bomb.

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by santakris(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2013
Justicemy: i ve always seen osun as de most boring state in naija, anyway i ve been justify, idol minds
Idle minds u mean.
@ OP. Those animals must get a good lawyer. LOLs
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2013
babseg: What is funny about this? Even in advanced countries they have Dog pounds that will arrest dogs roaming the street aimlessly

Yea right..how come no one has ever tried that with fulani nama?
Is the law meant for only harmless goats?
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Chimerase(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2013
instead mak dem took say goat pepper soup de hungry dem... gringrin
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2013
gbosaa: This is discriminatory..
Would they attempt that with a Fulani cattle that causes more damages than a thousnd goats

Let them release the poor goats joor.

They shld know the way to the meat market if goat meat,isi ewu de hungry them.

Has anyone here tried MMIRI MKPI(he goat water)..he goat sauce..??i heard it is da bomb.

have u gone through the environmental law of The state of Osun before coming to this conclusion?
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by mhuyil: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2013
For sure many NLs don't know the type of goats we are talking about here o. Recall that Oshogbo is in Osun State 8 : shocked. Also remember the famous 'eran iya Oshogbo' grin. Now imagine the damage 5 of such goat can do in a single state cry cry cry
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2013
CrazyMan:

He said the goats ran fowl

Abeg, if I laugh anymore @ that....I might lose my cheeks!

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by greatgod2012(f): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2013
jaymichael: JOKES section please.

supported!
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by caesaraba(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2013

Lwkmd. Kai! It's funny ooo. Dem never catch all d mad men finish na goat dem dy "arrest." Thank God you talk say 'advanced countries.' We are so not close to that word 'advanced.' Make we settle human beings matter first before we settle for lower animals.

Imagine all the manpower expended on a 'high priority' assignment like this and only five (5) goats arrested?
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem:

have u gone through the environmental law of The state of Osun before coming to this conclusion?

No..i havent.pardon my ignorance..i hope they apply same to cattles when next they over step their boundary.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
lol..... av never see a post like this b4. see what joblessness dey cause.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded / Woman Jumps From A Building And Her Butt Implant Explodes! *viewer Discretion* / Please Beware Of This Website. It's A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.