Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: (12184 Views)

Man Beaten In Ilorin For Stealing Goats (graphic Pix) / 5 Goats Arrested And To Be Prosecuted In OSUN State / Robber Arrested For Violating 75yr Old Woman In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Afritop(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
I WONDER WHAT KIND OF LAWYER WILL REPRESENT THESE CLIENTS
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ibm91(m): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmmmmm, Nigeria government will always progress in a negative direction. Why na?
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by caesaraba(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
harlos: Now what type of judgements will they pass on them
Will they ho to jail or sentenced to death

Sentenced to death for wetin??! Dem bite person? I just hope Festus Keyamo will be there to defend those goats when they are due to appear in court.

Ah ah! Freedom of association na bad thing again? #occupy osun state
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ziccoit: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
We want changes yet we want to keep on doing the same things the same way always. Osun state is right on point on this.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by thekoko007: 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha...i dey laugh in spanish......i know say one day goat self go pay tax

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yeeeeee..lmao..but dis people won't be fast enough to arrest criminals..yeye people
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Pvictor10(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
greatgod2012:

supported!
Eran Iya Oshogbo season 2. Lols. Charged to court, who b the lawyer 4 d accused goats. Crazy world #LUCKY DUBE
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by toshmann(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yeah right nairaland. I refuse to believe this story.

Bc if its true, every one in the chain of command from the police chief to the police recruit who arrested these goats as well as the journalists who reported it and even the nairalanders here who believe it without being shocked at first or at least surprised, all should be sent to a psychiatry department somewhere for mental assesment and possibly treatment.

This story is fake undecided. I hope
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
LOL. Rauf would call them O-Goats.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by talktimi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
babseg: What is funny about this? Even in advanced countries they have Dog pounds that will arrest dogs roaming the street aimlessly
are ther arrested dogs taken to court there or you just like blabbing ? Smh
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by talktimi(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
So upon all the awaiting trial inmates languishing in prisons, it is goat state of Osun govt wants prosecute ? Arrant waste of tax payers money if you ask me & I would suggest the sanitation and police prosecutors who bring such case before a judge be arrested and locked instead. Wouldn't it easier to seize the animals permanently instead of this comedy ? Action congress indeed
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CrazyMan(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
toshmann: Yeah right nairaland. I refuse to believe this story.

Bc if its true, every one in the chain of command from the police chief to the police recruit who arrested these goats as well as the journalists who reported it and even the nairalanders here who believe it without being shocked at first or at least surprised, all should be sent to a psychiatry department somewhere for mental assesment and possibly treatment.

This story is fake undecided. I hope
Including you who posted on the thread.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ladman(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
As a matter of seriousness, those goats should be sentenced to death by butchering, that way I can get to eat some goat meat, oya, ile Aregbe straight, for some ogunfe! grin
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CrazyMan(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
greatgod2012: Sometimes, i wonder what is happening in this country, so many criminals, touts, etc are on d streets, threatening and harassing d innocent pple on d streets and in their homes, yet, nothing is been done to address that, but they can arrest goats......smh
That's Nigeria for you...I wonder if our leaders follow the constitution at all...cos I would want to see whether such ridiculous act is written in the constitution.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Rachel123: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
De_ Law: lol..... av never see a post like this b4. see what joblessness dey cause.
pls i need d goat pix
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by konn: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
i still dey laugh
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by aribisala0(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chei dem don catch ngodigha
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CrazyMan(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Afritop: I WONDER WHAT KIND OF LAWYER WILL REPRESENT THESE CLIENTS
With the right facilities, they should be able to train a goat to represent them in court...Nigeria is a Joke.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by CONJI: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
let them be transparent in handling issues!
they left the chief goat of the Govt of Osun state free, making the animistic goat of state of osun an escape goat, just imagine!
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by olumidaie(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
gbosaa: This is discriminatory..
Would they attempt that with a Fulani cattle that causes more damages than a thousnd goats.

SCAPE GOAT, SACRED COW #gbam

1 Like

Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by MyMouth(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
their own beta, in Australia they shoot Camels
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Oahray: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Lol... I can I magine their prosecution.

Court clerk: The State v Goats

Judge: (clears throat) mr goat, mr goat, mrs goat, mr goat, miss goat, you have been charged with criminal offenses in violation of state environmental laws. What do you plead?

*silence, goats stare blankly chewing their cuds*

Judge: Further silence and you shall be charged with contempt of court *big frown*

*silence*

Judge: Did you hear what I just...

Goat3: meeeeeeeh!

State Attorney: My lord, silence means consent.

Defense Attorney: Objection my lord! There was an answer.

Judge: objection overuled. I asked them a question in english, they must answer in the same language. Counsel to the State you may continue.

State attorney: My Lord, since they have feigned a lack of knowledge of the english language, I propose we get an interpreter.

*defense attorney glares at him*

Judge: Good point! I adjourn this case till... *checks calendar* till next week. Take the suspects back to their detention. *rises up and walks out of courtroom.

*goats stare at him as he leaves, chewing their cud*
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
caesaraba:

Yeah sure we all need re-orientation. Starting from the waste managers who suddenly have decided to start holding press conferences on the "arrests" of goats instead of clearing the refuse dumps and over-grown grass in the environment which serve as 'mama - puts' for stray animals and hence an incentive for owners to let their animals run free.

what do u mean by press conference? have u considered or did it even occur to u that that the guy could just be walking along and journalist accosting him asking questions? Nothing in that report suggests that he invited journalist to come and celebrate the arrest of goats.
Secondly, are u based in osun? what gives u the impression that he isnt doing his job? besides govt cant clear all over-grown grasses in osun. No govt can do that
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Chicar: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
caesaraba: shocked shocked shocked You mean a press conference was held by the State Coordinator of the Waste Management Agency just because 5 goats were caught loitering the streets??

Errr, please how much is Visa to Gabon?
. hahahahahaha!
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
Prosecuted..? REALLY!
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by caesaraba(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Discordia: Prosecuted..? REALLY!

E be like play abi? Let's just hope the goats don't appeal.
Re: 5 Goats Arrested & Prosecuted In Osun State For Violating Environmental Laws: by ssztarss: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
caesaraba:

Lwkmd. Kai! It's funny ooo. Dem never catch all d mad men finish na goat dem dy "arrest." Thank God you talk say 'advanced countries.' We are so not close to that word 'advanced.' Make we settle human beings matter first before we settle for lower animals.

Imagine all the manpower expended on a 'high priority' assignment like this and only five (5) goats arrested?
thank you bros...u just said my mind...abeg wetin be ur brand...2 bottles for u.. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Beware Of This Website. It's A Scam! / Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded / Woman Jumps From A Building And Her Butt Implant Explodes! *viewer Discretion*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.