Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa (16832 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri / 8 Killed, 3 Injured In Multiple Explosions At Baga Road In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by amtalkin(f): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
timpaker:

we don hear say u be Otondo..all the address is irrelevant.
you don't knw my batch
abi naah every coper u see u dey call Otondo?
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by otipoju(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
No be lie.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by Marpol: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Its was a barge that exploded at MRS jetty. The reverberation was serious. But the fire is under control.

The barge I guess was empty, but had unfreed gas fumes in the tanks.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by KwoiZabo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
We observed from Nigerdock snake island where i'm writing from. its 2pm now. fire under control and everywhere is calm.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by adoniza(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Menn that explosion was increadibly loud, I wonder if there was bomb in the vessel. It shook almost all the buildings in my area
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by solemate: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
My office fire truck just came back now, everything is under control now, all the fire fighters around responded very well

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by adoniza(m): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
What amazes me most is our fire service, using a 1960's model tanks in 2013, just imagin! The first tank arrived withing 15 minutes, and the rest came in withing 40min to 1hr. But atleast 2 of them are supposed to have arrived withing 2 min, and there was not a single ambulance at the sceene for over an hour. This country sef

Although they really did a good job at quenching the fire shortly after the arrived. Nice one guys, but you need a lot of upgrading
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by Kx: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
ortopazz:

heard them on the radio calling for firefighters abi fireworkers to attend to the situation, that was 35mins ago, on [size=14pt]atlantik fm[/size].
Joor, which one be atlantik fm in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by sonikstargirl(f): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
omg... I heard d sound n i taught it was boko's. D vibreation was really terrible. Wel i jst hope dat nobody was injure.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Very true,i live arund dat vicinity,the explosion shoke d entire buildn of my house,bt its unda control now.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by kinsbestyahoo: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
WETIN BE YOUR NAME SEF??WETIN YOU MEAN BY FAKE RUMOUR? NA PEOPLE LIKE YOU DEY CARRY RUMOUR...NONSENSE.
chuxkyadin: shocked shocked are u sure dis is not fake news :oare u sure dis is not fake news
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by lekkie073(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
packman: SOURCE PLEASE
source or sauce?
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by mexxyaaron(m): 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
I work around there,its true and the offices building were damaged especially the glass windows and ceiling.But I thank God no one died,but few people were injured including myself,I was cut by a glass.Can't upload pictures now due to confidential reasons.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by Josh316(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
The reason the force of the explosion was felt as far as Festac is simple... water transmits vibrations far more than solid land, because the molecules are loosely held and Lagos is practically floating on water. This is the reason why underwater earthquakes are more deadly than earthquakes on land. That energy equivalent of the explosion was the equivalent of a mini-atomic bomb as per the force of the explosion

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by blueheart(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
Josh316: The reason the force of the explosion was felt as far as Festac is simple... water transmits vibrations far more than solid land, because the molecules are loosely held and Lagos is practically floating on water. This is the reason why underwater earthquakes are more deadly than earthquakes on land. That energy equivalent of the explosion was the equivalent of a mini-atomic bomb as per the force of the explosion

Hmmm, av learnt sumthing here

1 Like

Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by Newcrescent(m): 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
mexxyaaron: I work in MRS Apapa,its true and the offices building were damaged especially the glass windows and ceiling.But I thank God no one died,but few people were injured including myself,I was cut by a glass.Can't upload pictures now due to confidential reasons.

Are you a MOG staff? whats your first name?
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by AMvanquish: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
No wonder! I was @ ag leventis bulding, iddo area, ebutte metta when we suddenly felt a strong vibration. It shook d windows seriously, every1 was wondering what happened. Apapa to iddo, check the distance! Dats serious.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by sunnshyn(f): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Don't I just love Nairaland? First class reporters everywhere! Aljazera will be green with envy!

@Topic: how come no one's thinking about the people on board abi the vessel dey move by itself? Or has it barthed? All those Philipinos...I remember them...I hope they were not hurt?
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by lekkie073(m): 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
am talkin:
you don't knw my batch
abi naah every coper u see u dey call Otondo?
all corper na otondo na.....grin
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by mexxyaaron(m): 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=New crescent]

Are you a MOG staff? whats your first name?[/quote

Nope,
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by lokobambam(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
knotty: I heard a huge explosion followed by a thick cloud of smoke.
Just confirmed that MRS tank farm is responsible.
Please, follow up on this and tread safely around the vicinity
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by mexxyaaron(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
Marpol: Its was a barge that exploded at MRS jetty. The reverberation was serious. But the fire is under control.

The barge I guess was empty, but had unfreed gas fumes in the tanks.

U
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by mexxyaaron(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=lokobambam][/quote]

U are very wrong sir,wasn't the tank farm that was responsible.
Re: Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa by mexxyaaron(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
sunnshyn: Don't I just love Nairaland? First class reporters everywhere! Aljazera will be green with envy!

@Topic: how come no one's thinking about the people on board abi the vessel dey move by itself? Or has it barthed? All those Philipinos...I remember them...I hope they were not hurt?

No one died,we thank God my sister

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False / Oshiomhole Accuses Okowa, Wike Of Deploying Militants To Edo / Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.