Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator (24073 Views)

10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / some Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day / 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi: So people store tomatoes for long?
What for?
Maybe those who like tomatoes in salads,I don't eat raw tomatoes
All my tomatoes turns to stew by the next day grin grin

For those who like to buy tomatoes in bulk(those ones in baskets), that's what they do. Buy in bulk, store it in refrigerator and use as desired. It's cheaper, cost effective and one doesn't need to be going to the market every now and then.
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Enoquin(f): 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi: I even see people keep apples and bananas and oranges in the refrigerator shocked shocked shocked

But a good vegetable that does great in the fridge is plantain
Boy
They will last eh
If you buy ripe plantain and don't want them to turn rotten before you finish them,just put them in the drawer of your fridge
It will arrest the development and it can last up to 3 weeks
The outside may look black but the inside will still be good

Correct about the plantain...
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi: I even see people keep apples and bananas and oranges in the refrigerator shocked shocked shocked

But a good vegetable that does great in the fridge is plantain
Boy
They will last eh
If you buy ripe plantain and don't want them to turn rotten before you finish them,just put them in the drawer of your fridge
It will arrest the development and it can last up to 3 weeks
The outside may look black but the inside will still be good
ermm, what's weird about that? I store fruits in the the fridge. I even prefer them when they're cold.
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi:

After the onion has been cut I keep the remainder in the refrigerator
Doesn't everyone?
Not me..
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by ignis: 5:24am On Jan 10, 2013
AG.gal:
I never knew basil was a vegetable,i thot it was just sum1's name. Tnk u OP. Just checked my dictionary,i've learnt sumtin
Its not your fault. I guess you missed the Agric class the day it was taught.
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by harlos: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2013
babyosisi:

After the onion has been cut I keep the remainder in the refrigerator
Doesn't everyone?
onions are not good for use after being cut no mater where u store it.
It gets contaminatesd very fast
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by AGgal(f): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2013
ignis:
Its not your fault. I guess you missed the Agric class the day it was taught.
Hehehe! I neva did agric as a subject in sch. Cos we had sum oda options to choose from
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by TheMatrix3: 8:38am On Jan 10, 2013
The worst stench you would have in your fridge is if u store a ripe plantain/banana in the fridge for more than one week...It will so ooze that months later, one can perceive the stench from the fridge. My advice: if u can, eat dem ASAP else kukuma pack am give your meguard grin
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by ignis: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
AG.gal:
Hehehe! I neva did agric as a subject in sch. Cos we had sum oda options to choose from
In that case, you are forgiven.
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Obinnau(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
pls forgive my ignorance but whats the local name of basil?
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Odunnu: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
Missy_B: I store tomatoes and basil in the freezer (even for a very long period), and they are just as fresh whenever I bring 'em out for use.

Onion is also very fine in my refrigerator. Where else is more appropriate to store it! undecided
Iya B. Thought of you and said to stop by and see if there's any food for me say 'happy new year'. cheesy
How you dey babe?
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by MissyB3(f): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
Odunnu:
Iya B. Thought of you and said to stop by and see if there's any food for me say 'happy new year'. cheesy
How you dey babe?
My darling headmistress, thank you, and happy new year. I dey fine o, you nko? kiss

Long throat tongue
Re: Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator by Jackpax1000gma: 9:19am On Aug 19, 2013
I can go either way with tomatoes. If I want them to keep for several days though I find it better to refrigerate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Says He Found Black Spots On Pure Bliss Wafer Biscuits, Raises Alarm (Video) / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice / Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.