Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1077) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1258604 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2016
kr0ne:
Limerick!! grin Gaddamnit! Even Busta would be jealous right now.

Dude, create a thread for that track; I'd implore Mynd44, Lalasticlala and Muki to take it to front page. Shiit is dope, bro!
Baba how far? Your presence for here don turn diamond: it's scarce.

By the way, If I download that track and get disappointed, I shall sue you for 'Hypejury'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Danny myers vs gjonaj gringringrin
myers just made his way into my top 5 battlers.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
Limerick:
Giyaz.z all the way na!! Them dey talk am twice? You know we got you blood!!! wink
Nice track grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
well, I'm not 'a lot of people'. I still maintain my stance

And you are entitled to your own beliefs but bear it in mind that 90% of rap-battle fans that are diametrically opposed to the opinions of the 10% that are of the belief that Con trounced Magic in Round One{of which you fall in} cannot all be wrong.

The slow-it-downs and other wordplays from con were better than magic's. Maybe you didn't dig those bars. Con was spitting similies, mets and wordplays concurrently, line after line in that round one

The slow-it-downs became donkey work to listen to after a while.

Con had better word plays in Round One? Gordon Bennett!

All those sophomoric, frail and over-cheered double entrendres is what you rate above this:

I grab the tools, 'bout to act a fool, like it's April 1st
Fifth'll blow, lift your soul, this is no day in church
Sex on the beach; this biitch gon' get laid in dirt

E.g, what you gonna do when that gat burst slug?
Until you see that "ratchet show" like "bad girl's club"

A good line but it doesn't beat this: Walberg and Denzel, nigga; I brought two guns
So do somethin', don't say I ain't tell him
I'll stick him up with the Dillinger like Baby Face Nelson

It ain't no secret, f@ggot; my style is way better
your style is "two plane (too plain) in the building" like "the trade cente

Who still plays plain with plane in this century? That oronym is over-flogged!

everybody can getthis 'techs': it's like a chain letter
for the smallest of problems, let hollows from the k stretch ya
you gon see one arm pop: swave sevah

A good bar but it is too inside baseball.

How many people in the crowd or those watching via pay per view or even those watching the replay version are aware that Swave's father has only one arm? That's why the bar fell flat.

This particular bar was a haymaker even though it got little crowd reaction
you ain't dumping out the strap
you only running out your trap
how is your name MAGIC and you still ain't PULLING NOTHING OUT THE CAP?

Magic/Nothing out of the cap. . . .this has been worded differently by the many rappers that have gone up against Magic. How was it a hay-maker?

This got me jumping, before ( or was it after the slow-it-down?): I'm the type to raise "two black fours" to niggas like "different strokes"!
Damn!

This is crack. But isn't it slightly bit hypocritical how you have conniption fits when Magic references movies but yet give darkrebel the rocket when he makes movie references?

con was gassed in that round, but if we overlook that, we would see that he out-punched bmagic in that round.
No debate here. The bar was nice.
I don't judge based on crowd reaction. If you follow the crowd, you'll get lost. Wasn't it the same crowd that hailed magic's "nonsense/nine cents", "man, con/ mankind" etc. Con had better plays[quote]
[quote]
no it isn't. I like looking at that bar from the angle that it isn't a wordplay: to "keep the beef fresh," I brought something "aluminium" for you. Simple.

I don't like rushing delivery. What saved him was that canibus choked

Yeah, Canibus out-punched him hither and 'yon.

I practically died when I heard: ''You look like a Vampire that drinks faggott blood'' cheesy

doing one syllables in this jet age is laziness, IMO. Come on, they get paid to give their best

What I'm trying to say is regulatory caps should not be placed on the modalities an artist intends to utilize in communicating his thoughts.
If feminine rhymes work better for an artist then he should be given the latitude to expand his horizons in that department. And if he's a past-master in perfect rhymes or if it is monosyllables that works best for him then he should given enough elbow room to do so as well.

grin grin
All right, I'll watch them in my leisure.

Good. You won't regret it.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
GIYAZZ:
Sorry bro. I pulled out. Thanks
Why, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by obainojazz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello fam...its 5th of july...my birthday grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by epiphany202(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
hi guys have the cypher began
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
obainojazz:
Happy Belated Birthday, Obaino. Enjoy!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by BelmajiQ(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Yea wassup y'all... Real Gees up in here
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by blessedmarshal(f): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:

TIE!
Why is Arsonal not on your top5?
Aint he good?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
darkenedrebel:

And you are entitled to your own beliefs but bear it in mind that 90% of rap-battle fans that are diametrically opposed to the opinions of the 10% that are of the belief that Con trounced Magic in Round One{of which you fall in} cannot all be wrong.
The majority may carry the vote. Notwithstanding, the majority aren't always right. For example, the 'change agents' Nigerians thought will be the 'transformers' of the nation turned out to be reverse transformers.

The slow-it-downs became donkey work to listen to after a while.
yeah, you're right: it became stale in the later rounds, not in round 1!!!

" I won't even go to church With a pastor ratchet

The Deacon be singing, let us pray. bow your head when we amen,"

SLOW IT DOWN, I just dissed you!

I said, "pass the rachet. The D can be singing.

Let us spray. We'll bow your head when we aiming!!!"

This literally obliterated every pun magic spat hitherto.

Con had better word plays in Round One? Gordon Bennett!

All those sophomoric, frail and over-cheered double entrendres is what you rate above this:

I grab the tools, 'bout to act a fool, like it's April 1st
Fifth'll blow, lift your soul, this is no day in church
Sex on the beach; this biitch gon' get laid in dirt
See the way you degrade con's plays just to give magic a higher hand.

I can't believe you rate a line that even Nigerian kids recite: april fool/ april first. grin

the lines worthy of mention there are the penultimate and the last lines.

A good line but it doesn't beat this: Walberg and Denzel, nigga; I brought two guns
So do somethin', don't say I ain't tell him
I'll stick him up with the Dillinger like Baby Face Nelson
The lines here are metaphors/similies. They have no pun infused in them (like con's).

Do you watch The jerry springer show? 'cause if you do, you would so much love this bar:

Con: Y'all know this nigga's B Magic, Black Magic, June, that's real rap

But this nigga's real name is Jerry Douglas grin

That's not a punchline,

Crowd: that's real fact!!!

Oh, what, you thought that I didn't know?

Infrareds on top of hammers, beams with the scope

You gonna see a bunch of ratchets and rednecks
On Jerry
like "the Springer Show"

dayuuuuuummmmnnnn!!! grin

This is a contender for the best punch of the battle!

Who still plays plain with plane in this century? That oronym is over-flogged!
The emphasis, here, shouldn't be solely on plane/plain as a wordplay, but rather, on the the whole phrase: too plain in the building like the trade center!

Two planes crashed into a trade center sometime ago.

It was sick!!!

A good bar but it is too inside baseball.

How many people in the crowd or those watching via pay per view or even those watching the replay version are aware that Swave's father has only one arm? That's why the bar fell flat.
Lol. See how this guy keeps using one excuse or the other to relatively degrade con's punchlines. So, all magic's bars were instantly comprehended by listeners?

Magic/Nothing out of the cap. . . .this has been worded differently by the many rappers that have gone up against Magic. How was it a hay-maker?
I have watched almost all of magic's battles, and I am yet to see where that was used against him, in any form.

This is crack. But isn't it slightly bit hypocritical how you have conniption fits when Magic references movies but yet give darkrebel the rocket when he makes movie references?

Darkrebel should learn to make references from only VERY popular movies/series like magic does it. at least, we've all watched two guns, terminator 2, bad boys 2, Etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
blessedmarshal:

Why is Arsonal not on your top5?
Aint he good?
He's retired now, isn't he.

Even prior to his retirement, he couldn't make my top 10 list.

I don't like his style. They say he has the most views -- that's the only thing I hear him talk about in his battles.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by blessedmarshal(f): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
He's retired now, isn't he.

Even prior to his retirement, he couldn't make my top 10 list.

I don't like his style. They say he has the most views -- that's the only thing I hear him talk about in his battles.

Recommend battlers and their battles to me plz

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Hydrog3n(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
lemme comment on the comments so that it will not be like I didn't commented when everybody is commenting. . .Thank You
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
blessedmarshal:

Recommend battlers and their battles to me plz
Charron. Watch every battle of him.

First watch J.C vs Chilla Jones. That battle is a novice's introduction to rap battling. B-magic Vs Chaelrlie Clips.

You can also try Ab-Soul Vs Dalyt for crazy wordplays from Soul. It's audio though. Murda Mook Vs Loaded Lux Rematch. loaded Lux Vs Calicoe

For the laughs you should watch Dizaster Vs Canibus and Hollow Da Don Vs Joe Budden. Cassidy Vs Dizaster. Don't expect funny bars. Dumfounded Vs Tanrtum.

Legend battles between the freestyle Gods Supernatural Vs Juice. Supernatural Vs Eminem in Rap Olympics if you can find it online.

Watch these ones first and return for more.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 12:18am On Jul 07, 2016
kr0ne:
Limerick!! grin Gaddamnit! Even Busta would be jealous right now.

Dude, create a thread for that track; I'd implore Mynd44, Lalasticlala and Muki to take it to front page. Shiit is dope, bro!
Here https://www.nairaland.com/3192883/nairalands-fastest-rapper-drops-new#up

I already created the thread, but it wasn't pushed to FP. You can help me create another tho and help me push it as well smiley
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 12:30am On Jul 07, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
Nice track grin.
yo thanks
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2016
Limerick:
yo thanks
Would you be kind enough to post the lyrics.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
The majority may carry the vote. Notwithstanding, the majority aren't always right. For example, the 'change agents' Nigerians thought will be the 'transformers' of the nation turned out to be reverse transformers

That logic is post hoc ergo propter hoc and cannot be accepted as a valid line of argument.

Besides, we are talking about Rap Battles here. How did the 'All Progressive Compass''{APC} find its way into the discourse? grin.
Your parallel is too tangential.

yeah, you're right: it became stale in the later rounds, not in round 1!!!

" I won't even go to church With a pastor ratchet

The Deacon be singing, let us pray. bow your head when we amen,"

SLOW IT DOWN, I just dissed you!

I said, "pass the rachet. The D can be singing.

Let us spray. We'll bow your head when we aiming!!!"

This literally obliterated every pun magic spat hitherto

No it didn't. Not to me anyway.

See the way you degrade con's plays just to give magic a higher hand.
I can't believe you rate a line that even Nigerian kids recite: april fool/ april first. grin

It was actually the set-up, not the punchline. The punchline was: 'sex on the beach; this bitch gon' get laid in dirt'

the lines worthy of mention there are the penultimate and the last lines.
The lines here are metaphors/similies. They have no pun infused in them (like con's).

Do puns alone win you a first round? I hardly think so.

And technically, metaphors are more harder to generate than puns.

Do you watch The jerry springer show? 'cause if you do, you would so much love this bar:
Con: Y'all know this nigga's B Magic, Black Magic, June, that's real rap
But this nigga's real name is Jerry Douglas grin
That's not a punchline,
Crowd: that's real fact!!!
Oh, what, you thought that I didn't know?
Infrareds on top of hammers, beams with the scope
You gonna see a bunch of ratchets and rednecks
On Jerry
like "the Springer Show"
dayuuuuuummmmnnnn!!! grin

This is a contender for the best punch of the battle!

The emphasis, here, shouldn't be solely on plane/plain as a wordplay, but rather, on the the whole phrase: too plain in the building like the trade center!
Two planes crashed into a trade center sometime ago.
it was sick!!!

It was sick to you because that was the first time you heard something like that.

Math Hoffa used the 911 bar in a different way against Dizaster so when Con spat it again it had lost the wow factor.

Lol. See how this guy keeps using one excuse or the other to relatively degrade con's punchlines. So, all magic's bars were instantly comprehended by listeners?

Majority of them were and they sure were more innovative than those of Conceited.

I have watched almost all of magic's battles, and I am yet to see where that was used against him, in any form

Charron used something similar against Magic. Charlie Clips did too.

Darkrebel should learn to make references from only VERY popular movies/series/like magic does it. at least, we've all watched two guns, terminator 2, bad boys 2, Etc.

Now you're beginning to skip like a broken CD. Because you do not share the same frame of reference as Darkrebel does not mean his style is flawed.

It beggars description how you can even claim that all my movie references are individualistic and too esoteric to grasp. 'Bad Boys 2' is more popular than 'Star Trek' or '50 Shades Of Grey?' really?. . . now you're really stretching credulity to its limits.

Few days ago you told Reyginus that you hadn't seen '50 Shades Of Grey' when I made a reference to it some five months ago in the Nairaland cypher. Which means you thought it was not a 'popular movie', right?

Herein lies the aporia in your initial contention about my metaphors being too inside baseball:

1. The novel '50 Shades Of Grey' had sold 125 million copies worldwide by June 2015

2. The novel '50 Shades Of Grey' has been translated into over 40 different languages

3. Despite the generally unfavorable reviews that the movie adaptation of '50 Shades Of Grey' received, it was still the flavor of the month for about 5-6 weeks after it premiered.

It was even banned from Nigerian cinemas and generated a whirlpool of controversies. Heck! there was even a Nairaland front-page story about a girl's undies that was found in the theater after she and her boyfriend went to see '50 Shades Of Grey' at Shoprite. Supposedly left behind by the girl after her boyfriend caught the Tunnel Carpal Syndrome from painstaking hours of boring his fingers deeply into her yin-yang.

So you see, because you do not catch my references first-hand does not mean it is too 'byzantine and recondite'.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
obainojazz:

Hip Hip Hurray!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by siddoggg(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hmmm...i see,quite interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Happy birthday, Oga Dj5naira!! grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
c'o anyone
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Hydrog3n(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
illmortal:
c'o anyone
Am in
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
cc: Elymaxiimus Sinizia Jigsawkillah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv00qJWech8
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by obainojazz(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Hip Hip Hurray!!!
thanks bro cheesy
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
obainojazz:
thanks bro cheesy
Hbd in arrears.... Sorry I missed the flight again.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hydrog3n:
Am in
Alright. .
Who qon' mod?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Hip Hip Hurray!!!
would u mod a brawl between i and hydrogen ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.