Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads (9610 Views)

Photos When You Discover Dokpesi Received N2.5b And Your Dad Working At AIT Free / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by EASTSIDAZ: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

No matter how much they steal, the state will never be like......... this grin

this is the new 10 lane express road just completed and commissioned by our able governor Peter Obiigrin

Don't run when chino shows up grin grin grin grin

You will cry again tonite like an over grown baby. Trouble is lying down and you are whipping it up. I pity you chino will definitely bury you tonite when he surely shows up. grin grin

By the way where is your aboki gov chime..has he returned? grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2013
re@lchange:
^^
you bring old pictures from internet to show us?
anuofia
re@lchange:

old picture from last two years

this wawa boy is dying of jealousy
tufia

^^^Realchange, if the situation has improved from what we see in those two Onitsha pics posted, why not ask someone in Onitsha to take recent pics and send to you or post themselves?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 12:06am On Jan 12, 2013
patrick89: If u cn name one single road that is not tared or nt being attented to then i wil tke u serious. For me peter obi has open up all the linkages btw umunze and awka is a stone throw, all the connecting roads leading to ayamelum, anambra eas, ebenebe, amaokpala, pls go to oko amaokpala side, ogboji agbudu' nando okuzu and many more infact awka s getin serious development like neva b4. So save d craps for ya little dogs!

Even Theodore Orji in his clownish stewpidity has done more than this, the problem is that you guys are shortchanging yourselves by praising peter Obi, do you think Anambra is just any other common state like Ebonyi?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Don't run when chino shows up grin grin grin grin

You will cry again tonite like an over grown baby. Trouble is lying down and you are whipping it up. I pity you chino will definitely bury you tonite when he surely shows up. grin grin

By the way where is your aboki gov chime..has he returned? grin grin

I am sure chino will not want some serious blows, i will not show any mercies tonight.

Hi chino, why not show up and lets rumble, I gat enough fuel to roast you till this time tomorrow night, what ya think dude grin
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Nightshift(m): 12:12am On Jan 12, 2013
Do we have a first and a second class in Igboland? Ijekebee or Wawa Ndigbo, we have not been scientifically proven to be two different ethnic groups. Or are we?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Nightshift: Do we have a first and a second class in Igboland? Ijekebee or Wawa Ndigbo, we have not been scientifically proven to be two different ethnic groups. Or are we?

Dont let an Omambala man hear that, they are gods and the rest of the Igbo race are slaves as Chino and Odenigbu aroli always boasts
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by EASTSIDAZ: 12:21am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

I am sure chino will not want some serious blows, i will not show any mercies tonight.

Hi chino, why not show up and lets rumble, I gat enough fuel to roast you till this time tomorrow night, what ya think dude grin

You mouth just dey run now like parrot. grin grin

The last time you and chino rumbled you came wounded and messed up. How are you sure you are gonna pull it off tonite when he comes out to swallow you up?

I heard that enugu state has since been taken over by low life wawa criminals? grin grin

You guys are bunch of never do well people. I wonder when you and your silly gov will start creating employment and stopping invading Onitsha, PH and Lagos in search of jobs. I know about 5 wawa people that are presently employed at Sabmiller in Onitsha courtesy of same Peter Obi, while your moronic gov is busy pursuing puss!es all over the place and now it has landed him in hospital. He has been away for 5months that alone should bothered enough that you won't have time to discuss other state. grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:22am On Jan 12, 2013
In about 7 years of the Obi administration, i was hoping he would at least get round to fixing inner-city Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi roads ; if indeed he has done this, then someone should post loads of pics of different areas in these cities so we can at least silence the critics.....and any problem areas would be shown and put pressure on the state gov't to perform better.

The other night i was watching NTA news about roads done by the federal gov't, and they showed shots of Onitsha Upper Iweka/Bridge head area, and the whole place was chaotic, cluttered-up and strewn with rubbish.....i just held my head in exasperation. What first impression would anyone have of us when they enter Onitsha from a much cleaner and decent Asaba?; even if the road is a federal gov't one, that doesn't stop us from keeping our open spaces tidy.....that whole area should be swept clean every evening after dusk in preparation for the next day, but what you see is rubbish of months ago lying everywhere.

One may want to quarrel with my assertion, but i think Anambra gov't doesn't care much for having a pristine, green and welcoming environment; and not just this administration, but right from when the state was created; not just Anambra to be fair, but almost all Nigerian states.....with the exception of Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Cross River and Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Nightshift(m): 12:26am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

The last time you and chino rumbled you came wounded and messed up. How are you sure you are gonna pull it off tonite when he comes out to swallow you up?

I heard that enugu state has since been taken over by low life wawa criminals? grin grin

You guys are bunch of never do well people. I wonder when you and your silly gov will start creating employment and stopping invading Onitsha, PH and Lagos in search of jobs. I know about 5 wawa people that are presently employed at Sabmiller in Onitsha courtesy of same Peter Obi, while your moronic gov is busy pursuing pussies all over the place and now it has landed him in hospital. He has been away for 5months that alone should bothered enough that you won't have time to discuss other state. grin grin
As
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 12:27am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

You guys are bunch of never do well people. I wonder when you and your silly gov will start creating employment and stopping invading Onitsha, PH and Lagos in search of jobs. I know about 5 wawa people that are presently employed at Sabmiller in Onitsha[b][/b] courtesy of same Peter Obi, while your moronic gov is busy pursuing puss!es all over the place and now it has landed him in hospital. He has been away for 5months that alone should bothered enough that you won't have time to discuss other state. grin grin

I know about 1 million Anambra citizens enjoying the roads, peace and razzmatazz of Enugu, coutesy of emm, emm, Peter Obi's failure to turn Anambra around
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by EASTSIDAZ: 12:29am On Jan 12, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
In about 7 years of the Obi administration, i was hoping he would at least get round to fixing inner-city Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi roads ; if indeed he has done this, then someone should post loads of pics of different areas in these cities so we can at least silence the critics.....and any problem areas would be shown and put pressure on the state gov't to perform better.

The other night i was watching NTA news about roads done by the federal gov't, and they showed shots of Onitsha Upper Iweka/Bridge head area, and the whole place was chaotic, cluttered-up and strewn with rubbish.....i just held my head in exasperation. What first impression would anyone have of us when they enter Onitsha from a much cleaner and decent Asaba?; even if the road is a federal gov't one, that doesn't stop us from keeping our open spaces tidy.....that whole area should be swept clean every evening after dusk in preparation for the next day, but what you see is rubbish of months ago lying everywhere.

One may want to quarrel with my assertion, but i think Anambra gov't doesn't care much for having a pristine, green and welcoming environment; and not just this administration, but right from when the state was created; not just Anambra to be fair, but almost all Nigerian states.....with the exception of Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Cross River and Akwa Ibom.

I don't agree with you. I don't think you have been to Onitsha recently, maybe you were talking 5yrs ago. Its only Cross River and Akwaibom can boast of such green environment because of low population in that areas. Places as lagos and Rivers be added to list of greenery, but not Enuugu wawa state
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

I don't agree with you. I don't think you have been to Onitsha recently, maybe you were talking 5yrs ago. Its only Cross River and Akwaibom can boast of such green environment because low population in that areas.

Looking for green environment in Onitsha is like looking for a virgin among prost,itutes
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by EASTSIDAZ: 12:52am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

Looking for green environment in Onitsha is like looking for a virgin among prost,itutes

keep fooling yourself while Anambra is fast becoming the major economic hub of SE and SS. Your wawa poverty state has been over-run by chimaroke since chime your silly gov contracted AIDS grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 1:03am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

keep fooling yourself while Anambra is fast becoming the major economic hub of SE and SS. Your wawa poverty state has been over-run by chimaroke since chime your silly gov contracted AIDS grin grin

You are twisting and turning as I hit you with points, just face the topic as Chime or Chimaroke has nothing to do with this.
Obi is a failure, if you got any proof of his works just post them, the village roundabout you posted and the Nafdac office of Akunyili is the only work done by Obi in 8 solid years, Theodore Orji will be laughing at Peter Obi now.......

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by EASTSIDAZ: 1:12am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

You are twisting and turning as I hit you with points, just face the topic as Chime or Chimaroke has nothing to do with this.
Obi is a failure, if you got any proof of his works just post them, the village roundabout you posted and the Nafdac office of Akunyili is the only work done by Obi in 8 solid years, Theodore Orji will be laughing at Peter Obi now.......

I bet you chime and chimaroke has so much to do with this because they are all wawa criminals that ran the state aground. Wawa people are 3rd class igbos. grin grin

We Anambra people does not regard you wawa people. The greatest problem of wawa people is inferiority complex. grin grin

You guys feel less of yourselves. Anambrans will keep towering as the 1st class Igbos and pride of the Nation. Deal with it
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 1:13am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

I bet you chime and chimaroke has so much to do with this because they are all wawa criminals that ran the state aground. Wawa people are 3rd class igbos. grin grin

We in Anambra people does not regard you wawa people. The greatest problem of wawa people is inferiority complex. grin grin

You guys feel less of yourselves.

You really hate this wawa people so much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 3:26am On Jan 12, 2013
I will try to post some shots from video clips later tomorrow. Having said that, I don't understand why some people are still going off point and wanting Anambra to become Abuja overnight. This is a state that had NOTHING as of 10 years ago until Ngige started building roads. Today, I marvel at how Anambra is feeling more like some of the old regional capitals in terms of roads and accessibility.
Like I said before, the next Anambra governor may only come to paint and mark roads. If he is more ambitious of course, he may start work on major projects like international airport and the seaport at Onitsha.
Anambra is truly blessed to have had a governor who tried to develop ALL sectors (and LGAs ) simultaneously. He has not been perfect, but I feel by far more bullish about living in Anambra state now than about 5 years ago. I can now get around the whole state in a matter of few hours. That is new.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 12, 2013
@..EASTSIDAZ...van bonattel...the line of arguement of the both of you is unfortunate and sad. This talk of first class and second Igbo shouldn't be heard in the 21st century. It is bad enough that it happened in the past but we shouldn't carry the mistakes of the past to the future. So many ugly things happened in the past- slave trade, killing of twins, racism, apartheid,etc. But the world has since realised that those were MISTAKES of the past. Many of these very divisive activities of man has since become HISTORY. The world now frowns at anyone who engages in them. I will be glad if the Igbo people, young and old, would also regard the talk about first class, second class or whatever Igbo as one of the MISTAKES of the past that should be jettisoned by all. We should frown at any person or group of person that engages in such discourse
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Hardfact: 6:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Yes, Onlytruth gov Obi is "building" roads.
Feelers have it that when gov Obi finishes "building" a "new" road today, tomorrow morning uncountable pot holes appear on the "new" road.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 6:43am On Jan 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @..EASTSIDAZ...van bonattel...the line of arguement of the both of you is unfortunate and sad. This talk of first class and second Igbo shouldn't be heard in the 21st century. It is bad enough that it happened in the past but we shouldn't carry the mistakes of the past to the future. So many ugly things happened in the past- slave trade, killing of twins, racism, apartheid,etc. But the world has since realised that those were MISTAKES of the past. Many of these very divisive activities of man has since become HISTORY. The world now frowns at anyone who engages in them. I will be glad if the Igbo people, young and old, would also regard the talk about first class, second class or whatever Igbo as one of the MISTAKES of the past that should be jettisoned by all. We should frown at any person or group of person that engages in such discourse

Are you afraid of laying the blame on the right doors? ......... Go back and read all posts and you will see that it was only EASTSIDAZ that was constantly calling wawa people bad names, .........unprovoked........maybe because he still thinks I am from that side........that was so so off topic and meant to divert attention from the main points I was raising then which was that Obi is performing badly.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 6:50am On Jan 12, 2013
Hardfact: Yes, Onlytruth gov Obi is "building" roads.
Feelers have it that when gov Obi finishes "building" a "new" road today, tomorrow morning uncountable pot holes appear on the "new" road.

The whole roads Obi built in Anambra are piss poor........single ......one car pathways from Nise till some parts of Nnewi and people are clapping........go to uruagu Nnewi .....on the left hand side on the road to oba.......very thick jungle......thousands of houses with no roads to go there.......Ebonyi and Abia state is better than that town by far.

Why did Obi not widen the roads as he is building them.......lemme guess....... Anambra will not have enough money to fund larger roads?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 7:01am On Jan 12, 2013
Onlytruth: I will try to post some shots from video clips later tomorrow. Having said that, I don't understand why some people are still going off point and wanting Anambra to become Abuja overnight. This is a state that had NOTHING as of 10 years ago until Ngige started building roads. Today, I marvel at how Anambra is feeling more like some of the old regional capitals in terms of roads and accessibility.
Like I said before, the next Anambra governor may only come to paint and mark roads. If he is more ambitious of course, he may start work on major projects like international airport and the seaport at Onitsha.
Anambra is truly blessed to have had a governor who tried to develop ALL sectors (and LGAs ) simultaneously. He has not been perfect, but I feel by far more bullish about living in Anambra state now than about 5 years ago. I can now get around the whole state in a matter of few hours. That is new.

This is the biggest bullshiite i have heard this year.......just post the shots or clips and let people judge the progress and dont say what you dont know......the reason there are very scant pictures of Anambra development is because there is so little to show .....and yes, you should be comparing Anmbra to Imo and Enugu, if not Abuja because Anmbra, prior to state creation was being developed.......after more than 20 years Awka is still worse than Nsuka that is a non capital......

just before you credit Obi with developing all sectors and lga's, just mention one governor that is not doing that? Obi is underperforming, simples!
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Anambra had always been and still is the economic hub of Igbo people, agreed........but they may lose those points if the condition of infrastructure continues to remain as it is in Onitsha and Nnewi.......that is why people like me are badly worried.......

You will not see me comment again when you veer off and start insulting other people instead of facing the points I am raising. Onitsha is worse today in infrastructure than when compared to 10 years ago? Want facts?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 7:22am On Jan 12, 2013
I still cannot understand why people think there is improvement in Anambra state?.......is it that the roads peter obi is rebuilding is not there before......or that he improved the quality of the roads?........because all i see is a man using a small contracting firm to redo roads and collect billions of Anambra money with nothing showing at the end of the day.

A billionaire philantropist........of which Anambra have many........can build all those roads with their own cash so why is anybody praising Obi?

I see obi as a man who lacks the bite to challenge the old order and bring ground breaking reformation to the way Anambra looks.......an action man who will straighten the whole roads........push down some buildings if need be and conpensate the owners......and finally enlarge those 'horse track' roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by MajeOfficial: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
the worst thing anambrans could possibly do to themselves is to begin defending mediocre performance in the name of state pride
you can be proud to be anambran and admit the state is being mismanaged or treated mediocerly.

Onitcha is the supply capital for the entire SS and SE. This is over 30 million people, and if independent would by the second biggest country in west africa by a large margin.
If someone is using a city that should be a world capital by any means shouldn't be celebrating building 1 lane roads with no drainage or side walks and attracting 4 companies to invest in 7 years.
Anambra should be neck and neck with Lagos. Enugu isn't your enemy, bad leadership is.
it's shameful to leave Asaba and entire Onitcha because you can see where leadership had failed the most.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 8:24am On Jan 12, 2013
del
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2013
[quote author=]the worst thing anambrans could possibly do to themselves is to begin defending mediocre performance in the name of state pride
you can be proud to be anambran and admit the state is being mismanaged or treated mediocerly.

Onitcha is the supply capital for the entire SS and SE. This is over 30 million people, and if independent would by the second biggest country in west africa by a large margin.
If someone is using a city that should be a world capital by any means shouldn't be celebrating building 1 lane roads with no drainage or side walks and attracting 4 companies to invest in 7 years.
Anambra should be neck and neck with Lagos. Enugu isn't your enemy, bad leadership is.
it's shameful to leave Asaba and entire Onitcha because you can see where leadership had failed the most. [/quote]

Facts!.........I have been watching the state for a long time and i pity the citizens because they seem to always end up unlucky everytime........in the days of Mbadinuju, the govt was hijacked by some rich moguls and the state suffered.........in the days of Ngige, he was manhandled out of office by powerful forces even as he was doing his best to develop the state..........Peter Obi came like the saviour, his background seemed impeccable.
but we hav now seen the difference between expectation and real results, Obi has been all noise and little action, he has been making the noise of an elephant while working like an ant! The state is punching far below its weight category!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by vanbonattel: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2013
@

Facts!.........I have been watching the state for a long time and i pity the citizens because they seem to always end up unlucky everytime........in the days of Mbadinuju, the govt was hijacked by some rich moguls and the state suffered.........in the days of Ngige, he was manhandled out of office by powerful forces even as he was doing his best to develop the state..........Peter Obi came like the saviour, his background seemed impeccable.
but we hav now seen the difference between expectation and real results, Obi has been all noise and little action, he has been making the noise of an elephant while working like an ant! The state is punching far below its weight category!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2013
disregard this thread - op is an admitted 'spin and speller' - his euphemism for liar who will either make up stories or excuses about road construction

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by muktarl: 8:53am On Jan 12, 2013
@

You should be having heart breaks over your governor that has stolen the future of your poor state.

https://www.nairaland.com/1159984/imo-state-gone-dogs-baboons
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by FreeGlobe(f): 8:53am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

The whole roads Obi built in Anambra are piss poor........single ......one car pathways from Nise till some parts of Nnewi and people are clapping........go to uruagu Nnewi .....on the left hand side on the road to oba.......very thick jungle......thousands of houses with no roads to go there.......Ebonyi and Abia state is better than that town by far.

Why did Obi not widen the roads as he is building them.......lemme guess....... Anambra will not have enough money to fund larger roads?
I really hope you have never mistook obi praise singers on NL to be genuine. Its only a set of individuals that do the praises on any given thread just like eko ile does for Lagos which makes them paid agents.
The truth is that Peter Obi has failed woefully. He is too petty and umambitious to lead a state howbeit Anambra. The entire state reeks of substandard and absent infrastructure, Any project obi has managed to do are so mediocre and wont be around in the next 2 years. Road dualisation, expansion and urban beautification is not in his dictionary. In education he only paints a classroom block in schools in the state and he is done. Everybody wants him to hurry up and leave. He is unpopular in the state. He has stocked all state funds in his bank Fidelity and collecting all interests accruing in the name of saving for the state. No LG elections for 8 years, Awka the capital is a mess and grossly disorganized, No housing estates, nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by FreeGlobe(f): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel:

I really hope you have never mistook obi praise singers on NL to be genuine. Its only a set of individuals that do the praises on any given thread just like eko ile does for Lagos which makes them paid agents.
The truth is that Peter Obi has failed woefully. He is too petty and umambitious to lead a state howbeit Anambra. The entire state reeks of substandard and absent infrastructure, Any project obi has managed to do are so mediocre and wont be around in the next 2 years. Road dualisation, expansion and urban beautification is not in his dictionary. In education he only paints a classroom block in schools in the state and he is done. Everybody wants him to hurry up and leave. He is unpopular in the state. He has stocked all state funds in his bank Fidelity and collecting all interests accruing in the name of saving for the state. No LG elections for 8 years, Awka the capital is a mess and grossly disorganized, No housing estates, nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Not Scarce, Don't Panic Buying - NNPC Tells Nigerians (October 14th) / FG Earmarks $1.2b For Kano-kaduna Rail Line ----amaechi / UN Diplomat Advices Nnamdi Kanu Ahead Of His Invitation To UN Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.