Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill (9081 Views)

INEC May Cancel Rivers, Abia Elections / Amaechi May Cancel NGF Meeting In Deference To Jonathan / Jonathan May Cancel Israeli Internet Spy Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by abrajproperty: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
Its high time 4me to migrate to saudi arabia if this stupid bill is pass, I will forsake this nation. Cos I don't want to face the wrath of God.

1 Like

Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Symphony007: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
lacidi: Some of these people think that Nigeria is made up of fools. The rights being referred to here are the right to 'freedom to private family life' and 'freedom from discrimination'. I will take them one after the other:

1. Private Family Life - The right to private family life presupposes that you are LEGALLY living a family life. It does not mean that you can commit Bigamy and then claim that you have a right to family life. You also cannot marry a 10 year old and claim you have a right to family life. The definition of what amounts to 'family life' has to be derived from other laws of the country and case laws because the constitution does not define 'family life'.

So to define family life, we have to look at laws relating to marriage, child custody and divorce etc. Does the constitution define these laws? These laws are captured in the marriage act etc. So you do not need to amend the constitution, all you need to amend is the laws that define marriage and family.

The definition of family in one region differs from another region. For e.g. a Muslim in the north can marry 4 wives legally, but a Christian who marries under the marriage act cannot legally marry another wife while the 1st marriage is subsisting. Can he then sue to claim that his right to 'Private family life' has been breached if he is stopped from marrying additional wives?

2. Freedom from Discrimination - first of all we have to ask what discrimination is. The constitution mentions 'Discrimination on the basis of sex' and NOT on the basis of sex.ual preference. So the discrimination covered under the constitution is the one that deals with your natural sex i.e. man or woman. So if you are being discriminated against because you are a man or because you are a woman, then you have a right to sue under the constitution. The constitution does not cover discrimination due to SEX.UAL PREFERENCE.

E.g. when someone is arrested and jailed in the US for Incest, is he being discriminated against? Note that the Incest in question is between two adults - father & daughter, mother & son, son & daughter. Also when someone is arrested and jailed in US and Europe for Polygamy, is he being discriminated against? Note that Polygamy is between an adult man and 2 of more adult consenting females. Sex with animals is legal in Germany, but a crime in most other countries. So people that practice sex with animals in these other countries, can they sue for discrimination?

What of pedophiles who it has been scientifically established that they cannot control their desire to have sex with infants. These people are acting outside their control. So why are they being jailed? Is this discrimination?

So using the constitutional provision on discrimination as grounds is total rubbish.

I rest my case.
you rest your case on baselessness. So in summary, according to your first point. The constitution allows child abuse whereby old men in the north marry female kids who are defenceless but when concerting adults decide to be gay, it is a criminal offence? The nigerian constitution is a bloody story book. I don't even belive the members of the national assembly know anything inside.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Giditinz(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
It's easy to write and talk about "right to private life" without giving much thought to it. The point is that the number three man of the country has come out publicly to the defend Nigeria and protect Nigerians from the false values projected by westerners - An issue that many have shyed away from. "Same-sex", don't bother putting "marriage" next to it cos it doesn't fit the picture, is anti-human, anti-life, anti-family, anti-procreation, anti-happiness. We are signatory to the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights and also a member of the United Nations but that does not in any way translate to discriminating based on gender and sexual orientation when we pass laws that protect our cherished values. Perhaps we should start this discussion from our villages telling the elders and village heads about the need to give their sons and daughters to other same-sex partners in other to realise the gravity and appreciate tne sanctity and dignity of true marriage (man+woman). Their is nothing private about family life and the way it is lived that has no public bearing. Nigerians and Nairalanders, Please let's unite and protect our God given laws, written in our hearts and ordained in nature from eroding western influences. for more on subjects like this visit: http://mercatornet.com/
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
UncleJJ: Whats all this noise about... USA,UK and other European Countries have made same sex marraige part of their constitutions. Yet, Nigerian's still travel legally and illegally in drove to these countries "that support same sex marraige". F.c.K their daughters, drink their cool aid, beg them not to add us on the terrorist list.

We practically feed off these nations one way or the other - in other words we already support same sex marriage one way or the other.

So, lets quit all this moral lies and bullshit we tell ourselve's - religion this, africa that ... when we are dining with the devil. This same sex thing will happen.... wether like it or not.

Until we become truly independent and productive like China and her counter-parts until then

chai!!! Amd wat hav u explained with this ur write up, if der's any atom of same sex anytn marrying and having intercouse in u, may u and ur family, ur descendants and ur ancestors wey don die, decay 100 yrs before una go die
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
lacidi:
No problem, so why is Incest and Polygamy a crime in US and western world. What is their business with what 2 or more consenting adults are doing in their private rooms. Can you explain the basis for arresting an adult father for sleeping with his adult working class daughter who has fully consented to the sex.

Also tell me why they are againt a man marrying 2 or more consenting females.

Please explain this.
abeg watz ur point? Clearify it so dat I can know wat 2 tell U
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
Symphony007: you rest your case on baselessness. So in summary, according to your first point. The constitution allows child abuse whereby old men in the north marry female kids who are defenceless but when concerting adults decide to be gay, it is a criminal offence? The nigerian constitution is a bloody story book. I don't even belive the members of the national assembly know anything inside.
plz is der a way U can die b4 2maoro? So many things will be happy if u ar gone
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Symphony007: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
julius2825:
it starts from one place,then it gradually spreads,and get publicated,if you can't plea for it to stop now,you won't be able to stop your children from addicting to it,other peoples problem has to be your problem,because there problems could be conjured to the air,inwhich we all breath in
really? Tell me how many gay people you know or have met or seen in nigeria? Or in your area? This is extremely stupid. How many people do you think this law will convict? Do you think this will stop gays from doing whatever they are doing in the privacy of their homes and bedrooms? Or the nigerian police will set up road blocks in peoples bedroom to catch gays? This is lunacy.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
Giditinz: It's easy to write and talk about "right to private life" without giving much thought to it. The point is that the number three man of the country has come out publicly to the defend Nigeria and protect Nigerians from the false values projected by westerners - An issue that many have shyed away from. "Same-sex", don't bother putting "marriage" next to it cos it doesn't fit the picture, is anti-human, anti-life, anti-family, anti-procreation, anti-happiness. We are signatory to the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights and also a member of the United Nations but that does not in any way translate to discriminating based on gender and sexual orientation when we pass laws that protect our cherished values. Perhaps we should start this discussion from our villages telling the elders and village heads about the need to give their sons and daughters to other same-sex partners in other to realise the gravity and appreciate tne sanctity and dignity of true marriage (man+woman). Their is nothing private about family life and the way it is lived that has no public bearing. Nigerians and Nairalanders, Please let's unite and protect our God given laws, written in our hearts and ordained in nature from eroding western influences. for more on subjects like this visit: http://mercatornet.com/
am already crying cos of how I see my fellow human beings defending all this same sex stuffs, it really kills everytn dat is making me be alive. Chai!!! God wer ar u and all these is happening
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
vanstanzy:

So if they end up in hell and u end up in Heaven, that's ok by u, right? angry angry angry angry Do u think God will commend u for allowing a fellow human being u could have helped, end up in hell. What they are doing is "TOTALLY" unacceptable. What does the Holy Bible say about allowing someone tow the wrong path. Clearly, these our brothers and sisters are "CONFUSED" don't u see that? For ur information, that free will u talk about leads to anarchy if not controlled. That's what we are now seeing around us.
Guy, please comment constructively. sad sad sad
Why don't you use force when converting people to christianity? Mtchew!!!!! You still don't get it. It should be for people to advice them to change not making it illegal and imposing sanctions. I'm a human rights/criminal lawyer for your info. So you think if you put them behind bars or sentence them to death(capital punishment), God will applaud you for doing moral cleansing? Bullsh.it. Leave them for God to Judge. Why don't you make fornication illegal? Of course they won't because it conflicts with their interests.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
seunajia:

Yada yada yada...you both are gay apologists. What do you know about human rights? Human rights my black bottom! Is the banning of possession and use cocaine, Marijuana and other hard drugs not infringing on the rights of people "who have the right to dictate to themselves the course of their lives."?

Crap. The same human rights that allows people gun down a whole school?

Yehoe! It is also my right that no dirty immoral gayster should offends my sensibilities!

This gay BS is not part of our ethos and pathos as Africans. You strive to become better not worse or derelict.

Na so e dey start, before you know it them go dey ask for gay president.
Your argument holds no water. Did we tell you we are gay? What an erroneous finding. We are not encouraging gay marriage but my point is that you have to respect free will. It is by choice you are where you are in life today. Did anyone meddle with your private life? Was sanction imposed on the fornications you have commited? The issue of homosexuality has existed since time immemorial. It is as old as life itself. So who gave you the tutelage to play God? If God who is the supreme gave man free will and volition, who are you, a common mortal to meddle with that free will? Only God can judge them, and I repeat if a man has chosen to go to hell, allow him to go to hell. All you can do is advice and preach to him convincing him why you don't want him to go to hell, not compelling him.

1 Like

Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Smooyis: We need God's intervention, Not Law ammendment alone

dude, when was the last time god intervened??
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by lacidi: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
Movingcoil: abeg watz ur point? Clearify it so dat I can know wat 2 tell U

My point is that we have a right to make our own laws based on our own moral basis. I gave those examples because people were asking why we are interested in what other people do in their bedrooms. The impression created is that the so called advanced countries dont care about what people do inside their homes and hence they don't regulate sexual conduct. The examples I gave clearly shows that the advanced countries do regulate sexual conduct and also regulate what an individual does inside his house. They have their own values and we have ours.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by joshua8862(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
gboss4sure: Thunda fire him mouth
and i say a very big amen that.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by harobed81: 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
nl.official:

Perhaps, when it involves your child, I'll like to see the look on your face and as well the action that will be taken by you.

if u read my post well u'l undastnd and my child however will be taught the religion(christianity) i blv in, which no matter what anybody says does not support homosexualism.My bible says teach ur child the way he should go and he will not drift from it,therefore i'l TEACH him right from wrong and IF he goes the other way i'l leave him to God-his creator.....and God will know i've played my part as a parent.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by seunajia: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
djeezy: Your argument holds no water. Did we tell you we are gay? What an erroneous finding. We are not encouraging gay marriage but my point is that you have to respect free will. It is by choice you are where you are in life today. Did anyone meddle with your private life? Was sanction imposed on the fornications you have commited? The issue of homosexuality has existed since time immemorial. It is as old as life itself. So who gave you the tutelage to play God? If God who is the supreme gave man free will and volition, who are you, a common mortal to meddle with that free will? Only God can judge them, and I repeat if a man has chosen to go to hell, allow him to go to hell. All you can do is advice and preach to him convincing him why you don't want him to go to hell, not compelling him.

*Burps* Even Stevie Wonder can see you are an apologist grin

Leave Heroine smokers to God cheesy Leave Inbreeders to God too!

If God who is the supreme gave man free will and volition, who are you, a common mortal to meddle with that free will? Only God can judge cocaine and Heroine sniffers, and I repeat if a man has chosen to go to hell, allow him to go to hell.

Now we can all practice selective oversight, abi now? cheesy
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
seunajia:

*Burps* Even Stevie Wonder can see you are an apologist grin

Leave Heroine smokers to God cheesy Leave Inbreeders to God too!

If God who is the supreme gave man free will and volition, who are you, a common mortal to meddle with that free will? Only God can judge cocaine and Heroine sniffers, and I repeat if a man has chosen to go to hell, allow him to go to hell.

Now we can all practice selective oversight, abi now? cheesy
You forgot to add liars, adulterers(not a crime in the south),fornicators, self servicing inter alia. Legislate those ones na?illegalise masturbat.tion, is it not free will used in doing it? Are they not sins too? Let's see who remains on earth.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by efosanice: 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
abraj property: Its high time 4me to migrate to saudi arabia if this stupid bill is pass, I will forsake this nation. Cos I don't want to face the wrath of God.
If there is a place in this world where the wrath of God is going to fall swiftly, it is Saudi Arabia. Look for some where else and if the wrath of God has not fallen on Nigeria with all our corruption, then God would continually be merciful.If you have ever travelled outside Nigeria and seen these guys then you would know it is not an issue.There are still. Straight men in America and Canada etc and even there has been great testimonies in the American church of people who God called out of Homosexuality.Donnie mclurkin is one , even in a country where it is legal.

Although I am very sure there is a conspiracy theory to this, nothing is done in Nigeria without a reason but gullible Nigerians just follow.why are we talking about this issue now,gays have been in the world and Nigeria since the beginning of time. So why now?
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by jmoore(m): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
the problem with most people is lack of comprehension. The government is talking about same-sex marriage, if a man wants to eat another mans faeces thats his business but he should not seek for marriage in order for him to do that. The law is meant to protect what marriage is, a union between a man and woman.
For those that support homosexuality, the government will not bother you if your brother decides to be having s-ex with a goat but your brother should not come out and say he wants to marry a goat.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by andrewza: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
I love how funny nigeria can be. I mean useing relgion has a excuse to throw some behind bars. Sex before marige is a sin so should we arrest all guys in night clubs looking for one night stands. Any case how dose it affect you. Then here is the big thing, making it ileagal will only drive it under ground it will not stop it from hapning and how do you prove some one is gay are you going to set up hidden camras in bed rooms now.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by personaldomest(f): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
50calibre: I don't know why there is still a debate about same-sex marriage in Nigeria, the law banning it should be passed immediately, gay marriage is repulsive, unnatural, evil, sinful and abominable.

In a religious country like Nigeria, there are some moral and religious standards that should always be upheld

Nigeria is not a religious country. Religious laws should not be imposed. Religion Should be separated from the state. Your God tells you not to hate or judge but then gives you a selective group of people to hate on and judge. Y'all should mind your business cos the life style of an homosexual does not. Affect you
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
personaldomest:

Nigeria is not a religious country. Religious laws should not be imposed. Religion Should be separated from the state. Your God tells you not to hate or judge but then gives you a selective group of people to hate on and judge. Y'all should mind your business cos the life style of an homosexual does not. Affect you
Nice post. Don't mind them.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by vanstanzy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
djeezy: Why don't you use force when converting people to christianity? Mtchew!!!!! You still don't get it. It should be for people to advice them to change not making it illegal and imposing sanctions. I'm a human rights/criminal lawyer for your info. So you think if you put them behind bars or sentence them to death(capital punishment), God will applaud you for doing moral cleansing? Bullsh.it. Leave them for God to Judge. Why don't you make fornication illegal? Of course they won't because it conflicts with their interests.

Human rights liar, oops sorry! i meant lawyer! Lasttime i read my post, i didn't make mention of jailing, using force to convert or sentencing them to death. All u lawyers just like putting words into peoples mouth and mind. Gays are human beings and need correcting cos clearly they are confused. U clearly don't know what the Holy Bible says about correcting people around u that are erring. Why do u think i asked u the question on what the Bible says? Go back to my post and answer the question. What da hell, don't bother answering, just read it again. Lawyers sha sad sad sad
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by andrewza: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
vanstanzy:

Human rights liar, oops sorry! i meant lawyer! Lasttime i read my post, i didn't make mention of jailing, using force to convert or sentencing them to death.

Iam not a lawer but even I can say that is what you proposing. By deffending this law uou agree with it.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by seunajia: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
djeezy: You forgot to add liars, adulterers(not a crime in the south),fornicators, self servicing inter alia. Legislate those ones na?illegalise masturbat.tion, is it not free will used in doing it? Are they not sins too? Let's see who remains on earth.

Is it not this same rights crap that made fornication et al widespread? Bastards popping up everywhere.

Dude quit it. Your post above alludes to my point. You're asking us to embrace anarchy because people have "rights".
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
seunajia:

It is not this same rights crap that made fornication et al widespread? Bastards popping up everywhere.

Dude quit it. Your post above alludes to my point. You're asking us to embrace anarchy because people have "rights".
I'll let that pass. I'm not here to display academic/religious prowess whatsoever. I have a special place for that. Peace.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
I think the so called advocate is mixing issues. The proposed law does not criminalise homosexuality, what it criminalises is definition of homosexual marriage and publicization of homosexuality. These are not private but public activities.

Marriage is defined by the state not an individual, because the state grants you rights of exclusivity to your marriage partner. This includes property ownership and parenting rights. There is nothing private about it, except sex.
As long as sex outside marriage has not been criminalised, homosexuality has not been criminalised.

As long as sexual content can be censored in public places, publicization of homosexual just like in bars, restaurants and other public places can also be censored or criminalised, same as owning brothels.

An individual can still be homosexual in his house or practice beastiality but should not come announcing that to us or ask Us to marry him to a chicken just because he feels like it. But he sure can live and have sex with chickens and goats without concerning the public.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by djeezy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
KenGali: I think the so called advocate is mixing issues. The proposed law does not criminalise homosexuality, what it criminalises is definition of homosexual marriage and publicization of homosexuality. These are not private but public activities.

Marriage is defined by the state not an individual, because the state grants you rights of exclusivity to your marriage partner. This includes property ownership and parenting rights. There is nothing private about it, except sex.
As long as sex outside marriage has not been criminalised, homosexuality has not been criminalised.

As long as sexual content can be censored in public places, publicization of homosexual just like in bars, restaurants and other public places can also be censored or criminalised, same as owning brothels.

An individual can still be homosexual in his house or practice beastiality but should not come announcing that to us or ask Us to marry him to a chicken just because he feels like it. But he sure can live and have sex with chickens and goats without concerning the public.
please sir, I must confess you have an erudite post above, but I'm tempted to ask a burning question. If they can be allowed to live together, go about together, will you construe it to be marriage? They can live together and enjoy the benefits of marriage and yet haven't defaulted because they are not married. Can you allow that? Will they care whether or not a priest performs marital rights? Let's be logical here.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
Living together even between a man and a woman is not marriage. You must understand that saying you are married is like saying that the state or the community recognises the identity of two people to be same, they have rights over each others property and can beget children, to which they share parenting rights. So marriage is beyond sex. For example to gain parenting rights over a child outside marriage you need to prove paternity, but not so within marriage. Rather your parenting right within marriage is guaranteed such that to loose it it, you need to prove a lack of paternity there-off or irresponsibility. That's just an illustration. The problem is that people confuse marriage to mean just sex.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by pazienza(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
Overflogged issue.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by seunajia: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
KenGali: I think the so called advocate is mixing issues. The proposed law does not criminalise homosexuality, what it criminalises is definition of homosexual marriage and publicization of homosexuality. These are not private but public activities.

If you desire it, practice bestiality or homosexuality in your house. But the day you're caught or bring it to the public eye, na 14 years be that o gringringrin

Cc djeezy
Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by vanstanzy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
andrewza:

Iam not a lawer but even I can say that is what you proposing. By deffending this law uou agree with it.

Huh!!!

Re: Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
Also the reason I support the conservation of the definition of marriage, to be only between a man and a woman, the procreation is the payment married partners make to the human society for the rights and benefits granted them. Defining homosexual marriage defies that arrangement in the face of the fact that human society has not gotten to the level where we no longer depend on our genders to ensure procreation. When humans can reproduce say by cloning, then a homosexual marriage will be perfectly acceptable. However, such technological advancement would have long eroded family structures and made gender definition meaningless, plus sexual experiences will be more of a neural excitement, perhaps to be elucidated from machines or some other brain stimulant, after all the throes of sex are essentially virtual interpretation of pleasure by the brain, which nature uses to lure biological machines into the lifelong task of procreation and raising young ones. All these things are essentially about the survival of the species, not just the individual, but again we must not loose sight of the progress we have made in this age of individual emancipation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Boko-Haram Insurgents Killed, 25 Arrested In Maiduguri – Army / Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools / I Never Slept With Any Man For Money - Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.