Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

University Courses That Are Waste Of Time - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / University Courses That Are Waste Of Time (89617 Views)

**MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap / Free IT Courses That Will Enhance Career / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Aliyu333: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
NIGERIA NEEDS UR DEGREE....GBAM....WELL ANYHOW MY COURSE WAS NOT MENTIONED SHA.....RIDING ACCOUNTING
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Idrismusty97(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abeg myk una stop rate course o.BILL GATE one of d richess man in d world drop out from school b4 300L.Mark zuckerburg wey dy study computer drop out too and now dem b BILLIONAIRAs.no b evry body get d same FATE ooo......
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by MyMouth(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
zugoboss: POLITICAL SCIENCE I repeat POLITCAL SCIENCE!!!!! POLITICAL SCIENCE I repeat POLITCAL SCIENCE!!!!!
when I see young guys applying for this course I just shake my head in amazement. Maybe its just to get a degree & do something else.

Boniface. is that you talking? i dont blame you sha, wetin a sch. dropout like you knw abt Political Science
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Aliyu333: 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
As far as GEJ READS ZOOLOGY 2 BCOME PRESIDENT,,,DAT TOPIC DID NOT KILL A BIRD
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Idrismusty97(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Where D owner of this post.....i hope e neva go hang him self.Lol any body wey just c dere course 4 dis post go start sharp sharp defending o.....lmao
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by trolling(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
u guys keep seeking and acquiring all this knowledge/degrees... well i gat news for you The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God...where are your Charles Darwin, Einstein and the likes..,, like Solomon said "The excellency of knowldege is that Wisdom give Life to them that have it" when u die i wonder how your degrees will grant u eternal life...bunch of educated fools

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by MyMouth(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gentle Naaz: guy some knowledge r waste wn it cnt put food some where behnd u nt evn on table. Stil wondering wat a political scientist cn do. OBJ, GEJ, Buhari n co, non read pol science

But they pay millions of naira to political scientist to serve as advisers and assistants.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by MyMouth(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
pro01: You be be an ignorant chump to say that studying courses such as computer science and political science is a waste of time. These courses encompass various areas that are useful in a number of fields. For instance, political science encompasses public administration and international relations. How can you then argue that studying such a course is a "waste of time"?

Do you know how many prominent people - in Nigeria and elsewhere studied computer science or political science? Don't come online to advertise your ignorance abeg.

you 2 much
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Aliyu333: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
trolling: u guys keep seeking and acquiring all this knowledge/degrees... well i gat news for you The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God...where are your Charles Darwin, Einstein and the likes..,, like Solomon said "The excellency of knowldege is that Wisdom give Life to them that have it" when u die i wonder how your degrees will grant u eternal life...bunch of educated fools
calling pple fools will giv u koh?if u r one of dose wu tink going to church makes u a christian,u must also think sitting in d garage makes u a car...

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by MyMouth(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
victorD3:

I have only one question for the poster:

Did Goodluck Jonathan study Government or political Science to be where he is?

He did not study Political Science and that is why he is a disaster
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ocheejemb: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
LOOOL...Did this idiot start by saying Computer Science?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ocheejemb: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
oche_ejemb: LOOOL...Did this idi0t start by saying Computer Science?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by obitrac: 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
chineji: it is where will you work I know so many of them that make less than 50000 naira a month my advice to students look at the economy of your country before picking a course to study even the yanks aint finding it easy if you are not going for engineering or medicine no need going to college stay at home cause the student loan debt are at an all time high
The banks are dere to absorb dem and also FG agencies don't discriminate
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by dagbokoncept(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
No profession is superior to the other.Every profession has it place in the society.A doctor needs a teacher to teach his children like wise an engineer needs the service of a doctor.They are inter-related.We are all aiming at achieving thesame goals such as food security,security of life and property,economic stability etc.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by obitrac: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
OracleHex:
Are you high?
don't mind d nigga,elect eng grads are d most sought after personnel in dis computer age
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by feelxp(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
If is easy 4 u 2 sch in Nigeria n work elsewhere in d world then y nt beta do d two abroad. D post is on Nigeria perspective.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
I gues those dat said studying pol sci is a waste of tym are just being ignorant ov d relevance ov d course. Pol sci is d scientific study of d state,its institutns as well as d govt, and u can neva administer a state well witout aving a proper grasp ov d state. The reason y 9ja has faild colossally is because we lack skilled technocrats 2 pilot d affairs ov d nation. A gud exam is d Maurice Iwu's disaster as d INEC boss and d electoral magic ov Jega.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by AmEucharia(f): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
pDude: Every course studied in Nigeria nowadays is a useless course.

Unless your relative has good connections in Nigeria, you are just wasting your 4 years in school.
I BLUNTLY disagree with you and the OP. No knowledge is a waste.If the lecturers dont teach you,you make some researches dont always dwell in NL.
AS FOR THE OP,TO say you are dumb is an understatement. You know why?tell me ant Nigerian movie that has :
Morals..NON,
Technicalities...zero
It is because they cannot pay the Thespians who will organise a proper movie.
Coming to the music industry.....hmmm,the uneducated artists are singing JAGON(Carry out a research on it)
so dont compare education with nothing.

Lecturers dont even teach anything of relevance these days.

Unless your relative has good connections in Nigeria, you are just wasting your 4 years in school.
I BLUNTLY disagree with you and the OP. No knowledge is a waste.If the lecturers dont teach you,you make some researches dont always dwell in NL.
AS FOR THE OP,TO say you are dumb is an understatement. You know why?tell me ant Nigerian movie that has :
Morals..NON,
Technicalities...zero
Coming to the music industry.....hmmm,the uneducated artists are singing JAGON(Carry out a research on it)

Morals..NON,
Technicalities...zero

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ignis: 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
AmEucharia: [color=#990000][/color]
Must you quote the whole thing only to write nothing?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by deda(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Goldenheart: APH......Animal pursue Hunter.
FWT......foolishness n waste of time

but you can work in the bank

Am so sure u went to federal university of theology and anointing (FUTA)

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by dosibuch(m): 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Animal Science-The course isn't marketable in a country like ours where people give no value to the life of animals.

If u are stupid enough 2add dis wen we are in a country dat offers no job after schooling, u r stupid enough 2do anything. Do u tnk Animal science is jus all abt protecting animal rights? What about creating jobs by opening animal farms.

Sorry
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by obitrac: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
otipoju: If they had not gone to study those"useless courses" and excelled in them would they have been employed and trained to be bankers?therefore those studying those courses were usefule in getting them paid employment. The premise for your claim is faulty and your argument is dead on arrival. Please stop looking at a part. Banking,Medicine, Architecture,Engineering are just one minute knowledge about life.Talking about success itself... I believe thatit is lived on five dimensions... Spiritual,Physical,Financial,Relational,and Intellectual. Our education falls under the intellectual part.to be truly successful there has to be balance in the five dimensions.
Remove d spiritual part,not needed
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by MrDonut: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
otipoju: Brother no hard feelings. Despise not the day of little beginnings is my own mantra.If God wan bless man sef he would ask u " what is in your hand?" I am about to start a masters degree in communications management related to the field I am currently in. The universe is just too vast to say one body of knowledge is irrelevant economically.after all what does a banker do?... Takes care of and invest other people's money.Is that all there is to life?
Cheers man!!!
We apologize for the insult too.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Sicozone(m): 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
chineji: Botany and geophysics and microbiology and environmental biology and history and theology and religious studies and architecture
ARCHITECTURE?.....did u 4get dat u had a BRAIN,dat u didn't bother to make use of it when u were typing it?

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by omidan21: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hey guys,thank God i came across this thread.what do u guys think of the course marine engineering or marine biology in nigeria.pls i need sincere answers en options.thanks guys.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Sicozone(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
deda:

Am so sure u went to federal university of theology and anointing (FUTA)
I definitely thought as much......Greatest FUTARIANS!!!
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Pinety(f): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hi guys is agricecons also a waste of tym??
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by striker07(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Did I hear you say computer science?computer science is a very innovative and interesting course to study,the best course in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by kumbalo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ti ti baje leni. Why would you rubbish NLanders' courses like that and not expect serious bashing
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
the owner of this thread is the biggest fool i'v ever come across...his level of idiocy is at a colossal rate..
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nansee(f): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dis is d dumbest post ever.WTF were u thinking op.well,some people are so myopic.we just go 2 sch 2 get a degree n be called a graduate.it dosnt help us get a job 2day in naija.wot pays d most is self employment.so,its not abt wot course u study in sch.mtschewwww.dere r ppl who studied medicine n surgery dat r doin business now.I know sm1 lik dat.so plzzzz shut d hell up dose of u who keep naming courses dat are waste of tym.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by rhowly(m): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
jaybim: DUMBEST POST EVER... Hw many of doz ppl hu studied d couses hav come to ur house to ask 4 money?... Education is smthing dat adds immense value to an individual and his art. Ppl hu studied diz courses cannot b compared to doz hu jst freely entered it, knw dat.

His presentation of what he deemed to be facts may have been brusque but he does have a point. I have seen countless friends wandering the streets and hating themselves for what they studied. Plus our country being what it is, offers little room for practice of the aforementioned courses to those who are truly learned. this at least is true

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bankers' Forum / ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.