Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

My Neighbours Children Are Wild - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbours Children Are Wild (5249 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by slimyem: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
I'd never believe its impossible to keep kids indoors and occupied.
Just like Ujujoan,most of the "playing" i and siblings got to do as kids was indoors.
My parents never encouraged serious relationships with neighbours outside the usual courtesies.
Our neighbour knew that and stayed away too so it wasn't an issue.
The girls learnt to sew,knit and build cars with the cushion while the boys wrestled on spring beds and played their football in the verandah.
We created fun our way.
It didn't affect our relationship with people later in life or how we turned out.
Parents should owe no one any explanation or loyalty on who they do or do not want their kids associating with and why.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: Lets be real here; you can't keep kids busy 24/7 when you have neighbours that watch your movement when you drive in and out of your house.

As soon mine comes back from skating o,gymnastics o...and so on , you will see them ( neighbours) knocking to ask for permission to play with them( my kids ) , sometimes I say they want to have lunch now and the kids will rush their lunches like crazy cos they want to go over so bad.

I had a misunderstanding with one of the moms ( you know these caucasians way of reasoning sometimes ehn
).... my kids bawled their eyes out cos they built a fort in their yard together and now I had to let them go there but now wiser myself....no need to sweat it.

It's tricky, like I said just modify your words and be frank about it period.

One acre is about 44000 sq feet, such properties are called acreages with many having more than one acre and yes, you can operate recreational vehicles on them because of the wide expanse of land. Acreages are not properties where neighbors can "watch your movement when you drive in and out of your house" because they have such massive land space. The nearest neighbor is far way enough that you can't have neighbors so close that little kids could walk over or they could amebo you. The space could never be described as "compound" more like "grounds."
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: Kids are very tricky and very emotional when corrected by an outsider.... If you say a word now , it'll be blown out of proportion esp Naija parents and you'd be the topic as soon as they reach house....

I have a good idea what you're going thru, I always hold my breath until they leave and their parents are all peachy about their outrageous attitude. mtcheww

But since you're stuck with them... you gonna have to fight this battle and talk when they do things you're not okay with, for example Toys;

*Guys can you be gentle with those toys or you want me to take them away..with a straight but not angry face wink

Vulgar words; shhhhh guys that's not a nice word to say.( again with the face no need to raise your voice)

Rude: that's kinda rude don't you think buddy? you want me to tell your mom what you just did?( I'm sure he doesn't wanna )

Non remorsefulness ; I think you need a break and you can go home, these kids need to do their homework now.

Lastly; you don't need them to greet you if they don't wanna , it's not by force. Good luck.

I already have my hands full... I don't want any kid to give me hypertension embarassed

One almost drove the snowmobile out of the culdesac
into the Main Street while his parents were chatting away what doesn't concern them undecided

and acreages are not on cul de sacs either, they are very, very large parcels of land, one acre is 40% of a hectare. Let's ease up on the embellishments
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
dominique: You have to live in a multiacre mansion to be able to accomodate a snow mobile. Wetin bush me sabi tongue

jidegirl12:

Na you sabi grin I actually do with crazy backyard that leads to a lake tongue ... but nothin compared to the open range ... and another thing is you actually need a licence for you to operate lipsrsealed.... maybe when they grow more we can start going to the community range , they are just under 10 for now and the ideal age is 14 ....those motorized Cadillacs are driven in the basement too ( hardwood floor) ... I'm sure some people prefer more open space but that's the way we want it for now.

As per the discussion; I'm glad you finally agreed that its how you raise your kid they will turn out...regardless of their neighbourhood structure.

Chaircover ..... I'm sure the kids didn't only pick up oooo from neighbours.... it's compounded with how people around them converse too.

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
I don't live on acreage and I don't know what your problem is? I owe nobody no explanation where and what my property looks like....,I was referring to the OP in your first quote and oh yes I have neighbours and culdesac is just thesame as a close .....so every properyu that has a lake and trees at their backyard has to be an acreage?

I know y'all are salivating to hear more since its obvious its y'all passion to focus on Jide's life here....... shut your face (s) and concentrate on the topic.... Next!
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
Apologies, guess you weren't agreeing with dominique's assertion afterall wink

Snowmobiles move fast, they are not machines you can operate in restricted places like your typical surburban backyards. Now that you no longer live on an acreage, safe to say no snowmobiling going on in your "compound." Happy Sunday!

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: See why I said different strokes for different folks? Since October ?!!!

Our pool is transformed into a skating rink....bundle up with our earmuffs and that's one way of my spending time with them... My daughter will be bored like heck if I chose indoors to spend 'quality time ' with her except on school days, tell them to put on their winter ensembles and see shout of joy grin

[b]We drive snowmobiles around the compound [/b]and they love it and its memorable...something to talk bout over dinner

They enjoy playing in the snow making snow angels and more..the baby will cry for hours when it's time to come in grin

As per the accent; hehehe is that really important ? I'm just hearing this for the first time it's a crime to speak your own dialect ....I will be proud if my kid says ooo after a word grin...come see when she corrects her teachers how to pronounce her last name properly grin they eventually give up after several attempt.

Everybody is different and that's what makes us special wink
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
I don't have to live in a multiacre mansion to have a snowmobile ...... Snowmobiles are driven around the culdesac and driveways , there's no ceremony to it .... The whole frontyard is covered with inches of snow and with very close supervision oh yeah ....

Whatever your sarcasm means is on all if y'all I REALLY DONT CARE !!!! like GEJ said.

Add on; The word compound to you doesn't have to be same with my own context ....
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo: Apologies, guess you weren't agreeing with dominique's assertion afterall wink

Snowmobiles move fast, they are not machines you can operate in restricted places like your typical surburban backyards. Now that you no longer live on an acreage, safe to say no snowmobiling going on in your "compound." Happy Sunday!

It's NOT your business what's safe for my family or not, I'm a grown up and know what's best for mine....

You can also say transforming a swimming pool into skating rink is not safe either.... Not your business got it?
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: I don't have to live in a multiacre mansion to have a snowmobile ...... Snowmobiles are driven around the culdesac and driveways , there's no ceremony to it .... The whole frontyard is covered with inches of snow and with wey close supervision oh yeah ....

Whatever your sarcasm means is on all if y'all I REALLY DONT CARE !!!! like GEJ said.

Where did I say you need to have an acreage in order to own a snowmobile? You buy them and ride them in open spaces, not in your surburban "compound."
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo:

Where did I say you need to have an acreage in order to own a snowmobile? You buy them and ride them in open spaces, not in your surburban "compound."

Just leave me alone!!
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
Happy to oblige, just ease up on the embellishments wink rather unbecoming embarassed

jidegirl12:

Just leave me alone!!
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by baby124: 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
To ride or not to ride a snow mobile. Who really cares what jidegirl chooses to do with her kids. Its not like it will enhance or change our lives one way or the other. People have big backyards so its no big deal or something that is impossible. She really has nothing to prove or explain to no one. undecided
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
MMotimo: Happy to oblige, just ease up on the embellishments wink rather unbecoming embarassed

That's just me .... get used to it or just shut your face!
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12:

That's just me .... get used to it or just shut your face!

Thanks for your honesty cheesy
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123: To ride or not to ride a snow mobile. Who really cares what jidegirl chooses to do with her kids. Its not like it will enhance or change our lives one way or the other. People have big backyards so its no big deal or something that is impossible. She really has nothing to prove or explain to no one. undecided

Don't mind them yeye people jare ..... cheesy cheesy
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by baby124: 12:09am On Jan 14, 2013
jidegirl12:

Don't mind them yeye people jare ..... cheesy cheesy

Why does what anyone say they have remotely make a difference or affect my life? Its good to be content and happy. Cause I don't know what the big deal is? I have known people who have lakes either shared or private with enough space for dirt bike tournaments sef. So its not impossible at all. undecided
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by EfemenaXY: 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
chaircover: Wow I learn new things every day on this NL

Its not my fault sha. I never even knew what a snowmobile was . . . since we only have a few flakes of snow every year here in the UK (yet the whole place shuts down as a result). I had to google it and if you are like me and dont know what a snowmobile is, here is a picture smiley

if my memory serves me well, one was used in one of the James Bond films.

grin grin grin

Well CC, looks like you're in luck today!

It snowed this morning! Er...just a couple of flakes though, but never mind - just whip out that snowmobile of yours and get exercising in your back garden! tongue
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
Geez...derailers he don do naa...

@op. You shouldnt stop your kids from hacing fun but when it gets to a point where it would affect them negatively then you need to stamp your feet and damn any neighbour.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by nwauwa(m): 3:01am On Jan 15, 2013
This is the section of dreamers.
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by MMotimo: 3:58am On Jan 25, 2013
That's funny grin
Re: My Neighbours Children Are Wild by Gambrosia: 4:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Perhaps, if you treated them like your PERFECT ONES, they would change for the better! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#IWD2022: Mamador Celebrates And Stands With Nigerian Women To Break The Bias / Too Much? See Photos From A Maternity Shoot That Has Got People Talking / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.