Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? (582 Views)

The Christian Marriage: A Balance Perspective / Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics / Romance Or Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by funmidnairaland: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
I absolutely love my job, it is something I have always dreamed to so and being able to actualize it matters. I also love my family but it is pretty difficult because I hardly see them because I have to leave home early and get back home pretty late due to Lagos traffic’, said a 35 year old auditor, mother of 3 kids. Meanwhile 3 blocks away, another woman said
‘I miss my job, but it got to a point where it was getting pretty hectic and I had almost no time for my family. My husband and I then made the joint decision for me to quit my job and be a stay- at- home mom. It was as if they were growing so fast and I was not a part of it’ said a 32 year old housewife, mother of 2 kids.
This is a case study of two women, many of which are in Nigeria today. One is a career woman and one is a stay-at- home mom. We live in a world today where it seems we have to choose between professionalism and family. Many of us in this forum are young adults and it gets to that point in our loves when we have to make a decision like this, what do you do? Choose family over career…why did you go to school then? what if your husband loses his job or worse, dies? Where do you go from there? If one the other hand you chose career over family, what happens to your children? They don’t confide in you and you are supposed to be an integral part of their lives. They get bad advice and things go downhill from there…
For more gist of the Nigerian girl kindly visit www.girlgist.com
Re: Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by hrmkz: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
It depends which side of the divide u are, being career person will definately limit your role in the family. Same also applies if u devote more time to your family than your Job, as u are seen as not having a good business mindset.
Nevertheless, I still give my family priority over my job, reason is your employer will always find a replacement for you when your family loose you for ever!
Re: Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by funmidnairaland: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
what if you are not an emplyer but u own ur business?
Re: Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by dmcdad: 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
hrmkz: It depends which side of the divide u are, being career person will definitely limit your role in the family. Same also applies if u devote more time to your family than your Job, as u are seen as not having a good business mindset.
Nevertheless, I still give my family priority over my job, reason is your employer will always find a replacement for you when your family loose you for ever!

Gbam!!! Although there is need to keep a balance between the both of them.. But, it's better to be more family conscious than career conscious. But again, that is not to say that one shouldn't try as much as possible to balance both.
Re: Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by dmcdad: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
hrmkz: It depends which side of the divide u are, being career person will definitely limit your role in the family. Same also applies if u devote more time to your family than your Job, as u are seen as not having a good business mindset.
Re: Is There A Balance? Can There Be A Balance? FAMILY OR CAREER? by k2039: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
funmidnairaland: what if you are not an emplyer but u own ur business?
The business must grow, so it's equivalent to a career.

The reason why most people concentrate and work so hard in their careers is to have the financial capability to cater for their family.
Certainly, there won't be a balance(One will certainly be greater than 50%).
I agree with hrmkz.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day Special / Does Looking Sexy Makes One Beautiful? Guys Plz Honest Answers!!!. / If One Die 4 U As A Result Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.