Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Tennis Australian Open 2013. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis Australian Open 2013. (12241 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 / Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Delafruita(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
outrage:
The guy is a legend! There's no other like him, its going to take a while to get someone like him..

Just like justine henin hardenne in women tennis.
justine what!!!!!!!!!!!!who the heck is she where the likes of stefi graf and martina navratilova exist?she doesnt even compare to billie jean
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
Delafruita: at the last aussie open,murray and djokie played a horrendous five-set semis that got all pundits applauding murray's performance.that was his first high-profile competition since lendl came on board and it was clear murray was ready to take the fight to the top 3.flushing meadow's wasnt a fluke.murray beat federer in london and i believe the aussie open will see a brand new murray.

Here they come, grin grin grin grin grin grin

Murray beating Federer in London is inconsequential as he has has done that over and over again in all those "lesser tourneys" but when it comes to the big stage (WTF and GS), you can bet on a Federer in a wheel chair to beat Murray. Wimby and O2 arena are recent cases.

Delafruita: justine what!!!!!!!!!!!!who the heck is she where the likes of stefi graf and martina navratilova exist?she doesnt even compare to billie jean

He was on point, Henin's playing style is easily comparable with Fed
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Delafruita(m): 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

Here they come, grin grin grin grin grin grin

Murray beating Federer in London is inconsequential as he has has done that over and over again in all those "lesser tourneys" but when it comes to the big stage (WTF and GS), you can bet on a Federer in a wheel chair to beat Murray. Wimby and O2 arena are recent cases.

He was on point, Henin's playing style is easily comparable with Fed

murray has always said he wants to win a golden slam.in the open era,only the graf,williams sisters and nadal have won a golden slam.federer really wanted it and the olympics was his last chance to do it and he lost it to murray.it wasnt inconsequential neither was it a "lesser tourney"

1 Like

Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by ginnyluv(f): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
novak and Serena all the way.......
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
Delafruita: murray has always said he wants to win a golden slam.in the open era,only the graf,williams sisters and nadal have won a golden slam.federer really wanted it and the olympics was his last chance to do it and he lost it to murray.it wasnt inconsequential neither was it a "lesser tourney"

Tell me you are kidding... Olympics is nothing but a glorified ATP 500 event.
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Serena and Andy Murray for the win!!

So excited to have the grand slams back!
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Egbagirl(f): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
#TeamRoger and #TeamSerena!
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Not too interested with Rafa still out but my money is on Djokovic to retain his crown.
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

Tell me you are kidding... Olympics is nothing but a glorified ATP 500 event.

The olympics is as good as a masters tourney based on the caliber of players who have played the last 2 events.
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
Egba girl: #TeamRoger and #TeamSerena!

you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ santino bros our fight don start again o , dont just say anything about sharapova this year o grin grin grin

did you see my pm ?
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Egbagirl(f): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
fredoooooo:

you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

yes o! lol. are you ready to pop champagne again??
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by wildchild1: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
In as much as I want RF to win this I know it might not be feasible so I'm #TeamDjokovic all the way....Ladies erm erm erm,sharapova or victoria,I see serena goin out in the semi
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

The olympics is as good as a masters tourney based on the caliber of players who have played the last 2 events.

Don't get it twisted, they are no equals... the caliber of players doesn't change anything, if the top 3 decide not to play a GS, that's their problem as it won't diminish the worth of a major.

fredoooooo: @ santino bros our fight don start again o , dont just say anything about sharapova this year o grin grin grin

did you see my pm ?

we don't make noise, just wait till the second week when all "kids" have been sent to play, then we'll talk cool cool cool cool. Nah, will check my spam folder.

Egba girl:

I'm still gonna tag along, my usual way na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy how you dey?
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Egbagirl(f): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

I'm still gonna tag along, my usual way na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy how you dey?

LOL. no wahala. As I always say, the more the merrier! Im doing good. you?
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Egba girl:

i'm ready o .......singing pop pop pop , pop champagne grin grin grin grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
@santino 3 is a crowd , i warn you o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

Don't get it twisted, they are no equals... the caliber of players doesn't change anything, if the top 3 decide not to play a GS, that's their problem as it won't diminish the worth of a major.

I dont get it. Rafa won in 2008, Murray won in 2012... 2 of the top 4. Both had djokovic and Federer participating... and somehow it is no better than an ATP 500? Are you serious?
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

I dont get it. Rafa won in 2008, Murray won in 2012... 2 of the top 4. Both had djokovic and Federer participating... and somehow it is no better than an ATP 500? Are you serious?

what's your argument exactly? so If Fed, Nole and Rafa decide to play Brisbane (an ATP 250 event) next year, that will automatically raise it's worth to an ATP Masters 1000 or because Rafa is not playing this year AO, it becomes less of a major?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your argument.

Egba girl:

LOL. no wahala. As I always say, the more the merrier! Im doing good. you?

kiss kiss kiss kiss..I'm alright. welcome onboard.

fredoooooo: @santino 3 is a crowd , i warn you o grin grin grin grin grin

you don start with your badu belle again? this na new year oo.. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
chic2pimp is missing o , bros i beg show up o grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Santino1:

what's your argument exactly? so If Fed, Nole and Rafa decide to play Brisbane (an ATP 250 event) next year, that will automatically raise it's worth to an ATP Masters 1000 or because Rafa is not playing this year AO, it becomes less of a major?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your argument.

I could easily say the same for you. How did you come up with the idea that the olympics is nothing but a glorified ATP 500 event? I dont get it... because there are less players in total? Because it involved country nominations rather than picking the top players by ranking?

Lets face it... which ATP 500 event includes the top 10 players in the world?
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

I could easily say the same for you. How did you come up with the idea that the olympics is nothing but a glorified ATP 500 event? I dont get it... because there are less players in total? Because it involved country nominations rather than picking the top players by ranking?

Lets face it... which ATP 500 event includes the top 10 players in the world?

I guess you could have easily asked what I meant, we wouldn't have gotten to this... by the way, according to the official ATP (which is the authority on anything pro tennis) olympics tennis is categorized as an ATP 500 event. It doesn't matter whether you get Rod Laver, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and other legends of the sport to compete in the 2016 olympics, it still gonna be an ATP 500 event.

I hope you get it now.
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Lovren(m): 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
Team Radwanska... Team Djokovic
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by chic2pimp(m): 12:08am On Jan 13, 2013
fredoooooo: chic2pimp is missing o , bros i beg show up o grin

PRESENT SIR!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2013
chic2pimp:

^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by chic2pimp(m): 12:14am On Jan 13, 2013
Santino1:

^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros how u dey nah? Long time no show
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2013
chic2pimp:

that is my bros , i trust you team booty forever grin grin grin

temalik is missing too and that mad man edoyad ( craze man) grin grin grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Santino1(m): 12:29am On Jan 13, 2013
chic2pimp:

Bros how u dey nah? Long time no show

I'm hanging in there bro....Here we are again. hope you had a nice Christmas hols by the way
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by chic2pimp(m): 12:46am On Jan 13, 2013
fredoooooo:

that is my bros , i trust you team booty forever grin grin grin

temalik is missing too and that mad man edoyad ( craze man) grin grin grin

Abeg don't bring me into your craziness jare. I don repent and give my life to christ. No more booty chasing again tongue tongue grin grin grin

Tema will be here in a few hours however can't vouch for edoyad. He has been Missing In Action since dayok violated his yansh a few days back.

Santino1:

I'm hanging in there bro....Here we are again. hope you had a nice Christmas hols by the way

Happy 2 hear that man. Here we go again indeed.

I most certainly did. Hope u did too. Plus a belated Happy New year to u
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by Egbagirl(f): 1:20am On Jan 13, 2013
Santino1:

kiss kiss kiss kiss..I'm alright. welcome onboard.

you don start with your badu belle again? this na new year oo.. angry angry angry angry angry

There's enough champagne to go round everyone. Fredooo, let Santino1 join us. wink
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 10:25am On Jan 13, 2013
Egba girl:

There's enough champagne to go round everyone. Fredooo, let Santino1 join us. wink

iya legba no o , i still get abu kaka's number o ( with egba dialect) grin grin

santino bro no vex grin
Re: Tennis Australian Open 2013. by fredoooooo: 10:26am On Jan 13, 2013
chic2pimp:

Abeg don't bring me into your craziness jare. I don repent and give my life to christ. No more booty chasing again tongue tongue grin grin grin

Tema will be here in a few hours however can't vouch for edoyad. He has been Missing In Action since dayok violated his yansh a few days back.

Happy 2 hear that man. Here we go again indeed.

I most certainly did. Hope u did too. Plus a belated Happy New year to u

bros na we we o grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cutting One In Bet9ja / Dana Air Presents Cheque Of N200,000 To Heartland Player Of The Month / "I Accept The Charge" - Mauricio Pochettino Apologises After Mike Dean Bust-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.