Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

‎[prepare-well] - What A Girl Really Wants For Valentine's Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‎[prepare-well] - What A Girl Really Wants For Valentine's Day (676 Views)

EXCUSE ME ! , Can A Girl Really Get Pregnant By Swallowing Spermm Through B.j. / How To Know If A Girl Really Love You? / How To Check If Your Girl Really Loves You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‎[prepare-well] - What A Girl Really Wants For Valentine's Day by udohzone(m): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Re: ‎[prepare-well] - What A Girl Really Wants For Valentine's Day by nlofficial(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2013
Another ‘Lovers Day’ is coming and along with it comes the attending expectations, breakups and sudden love realisations.

Perhaps it’s just me, but the expectations seem to have risen this year. Inflation? (Of course, we must find a way to tie everything to the removal of the fuel subsidy). Anyway.

There seems to be this preconceived notion about what women want or expect from their men this season. Well, I’m here to address that. For the purposes of this article, I use the term ‘we’ loosely to refer to the ‘average girl’ but I’d like to state that seeing as I don’t like to wear earrings, there is a strong possibility that my views and opinions may not represent those of general womenfolk.

But you’re here so you might as well continue reading, yes? No? Ah well.

Nigerian Twitter was in an uproar the other day because a guy supposedly got an iPad, a MacBook Pro, a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and the latest Blackberry Porsche as pre-valentine gifts for his love interest. (Pre-valentine? Really? What does that even mean?) A rough estimate of the cost of all this is about half a million naira or so. I wonder what the Valentine gifts itself would be like. A front row seat in heaven?

Most Nigerian men believe that the average Nigerian woman just wants expensive presents for Valentine’s. While this may not be entirely erroneous, I beg to differ a little.

First of all, the gifts do not have to be expensive. If you can afford to spoil us silly by paying for deep tissue massages at a French spa and treating us to dinner at the palazzo, please by all means do so. But if you cannot afford it, we do not expect you to sell your kidneys to do so. It makes no sense to spend all your life savings on Valentine’s and then end up drinking garri the rest of the year. No. It is never that serious.

If you’re really sure it’s love you’re celebrating (not lust and its other variants), then I believe you’re with a partner who knows and understands your financial position. The only thing we’d find irksome is if you can conveniently afford to do something really nice but then you decide to cheapen out and buy her Mr. Biggs cake.

Such behaviour is not acceptable. The problem isn’t about the cost of the cake really but the gesture itself. It just looks like you don’t care enough, or are too cheap to treat her specially.

And that whole ‘I don’t believe in Valentine’s day’ line? The absolute worst! Is it possible that you really don’t believe in it? Yes sir, it is. But Oga, if your madam believes in it then you better go ahead and do something special for her. Love is about compromise and doing ‘foolish things’. So if it would make her happy for you to treat her to dinner and buy her something nice, then you better go right ahead and do so. Wise men know that her happiness = your happiness.

Do we like gifts? Yes. But even more than gifts, we like attention. We like to know that you’re thinking about us; that you actually put some thought into what happens that day. If I had to pick between having you to myself that day and, not spending time with you but receiving a Blackberry Porsche, Macbook Pro, iPad and pair of Louboutin’s, I’d pick the former in a heartbeat. And it is my humble submission that any girl/woman/lady/female that picks the latter is more into your money than you.

My two cents? At the end of the day, people are different. So know your woman. Know what gets to her and do all WITHIN YOUR CAPACITY to give her that. If she’s worth your time, she’ll recognise that and give you an A+ for trying.

Source: Daily Times

That's one perfect example of a dumbo.
Re: ‎[prepare-well] - What A Girl Really Wants For Valentine's Day by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jan 13, 2013
nl.official:

That's one perfect example of a dumbo.
Wow

(1) (Reply)

Man Stabs Ex-girl Friend To Death For Dumping Him / 2face Idibia's Baby Mama, Sunmbo Ajaba, To Wed May 4th / Why Do Some Girls Or Ladies Don't Pick Calls In Prences Of Their Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.