Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. (10544 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Kalu Uche Named Nigeria’s Richest Players / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Named Nigeria’s Richest Player / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
earthgreeners:

You are mad, tell Van Persie to go play for Norwich city or QPR maybe he go even smell net...Yak was a striker that punished all defenders in EPL..ask John Terry and Rio Fedinand

Commot for road with your over-patriotism. There was nothing exceptional about Yak's football.

When Yakubu scores a goal like this, call me;

1 Like

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by aieromon(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
This guy made me shiver whenever he played against United. He always had a knack for making Rio Ferdinand look bad. It got so bad that Rio had to feign injury once the next match involved playing the Yak.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by CLIQBOY(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
ITbomb: k
are you alright?..you quote all that just 4 K..na wa o

1 Like

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by harlos: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
ITbomb: k
just this for the whole you quoted

Abeg dem get deliverance service for my side today and you are invited.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: Abeg, Yakubu is an average striker.

Yes he scores goals but he is no more than a Darren Bent kind of striker. There was a season Darren Bent scored 20 goals (world cup season if I remember clearly).

There is nothing exceptional about his positioning or his finishing. This is what separates a striker of Van Persie stature to Yakubu. Van Persie scores difficult goals in difficult times. He is a talisman. He is the kind of striker you need when you team is losing. There is a skill and dedication that money cant buy.
van persie scores classical goalsbut in terms of an all round striker,van persie is not one,his build up play is lacking seriously but i swear,that guy can score some goals

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
i wonder how much money this journo was paid.

nice try. sorry, we aint taking the bait. nobody is. he should enjoy his 3 years in china, then move to malta grin grin grin grin
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by oddy4real(m): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Perhaps I should chip in that Yakubu is one of the few players to score a hattrick on their debut in the champions league.
First African to do that too.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by harlos: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
oddy4real: Perhaps I should chip in that Yakubu is one of the few players to score a hattrick on their debut in the champions league.
First African to do that too.
...and now he is forgotten because of the last world cup error angry
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
Players like Yakubu can only score goals in the premiership or leagues that play the kind of kick and follow football that's played in the premiership. According to world standards, he's an averge player but he's a great player according to premiership standard.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by oddy4real(m): 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Players like Yakubu can only score goals in the premiership or leagues that play the kind of kick and follow football that's played in the premiership. According to world standards, he's an averge player but he's a great player according to premiership standard.
And the premiership is substandard?
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
oddy4real:
And the premiership is substandard?
If you say so...Based on the style of play in the premiership, players with minimal skills often make it big unlike the La Liga and Serie A.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by chuckdee4(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
Yakubu deserves any praises he gets, go and ask Portsmouth, Middlesborough and Everton fans, its a shame he never replicated the same for Nigeria but its normal, Henry was never that great for France.

The guys record speaks for itself, fine he's definitely not 29 but if he was English he would have had a lotta takers in the premiership

1 Like

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by ichidodo: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
bleeztouch: Yakubu Onye-owo
owodinho!
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by TayoD1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
@topic,

You cannot argue against success, and Yak is a success story by all standards. He may not be flashy or a skillful player, same can be said of Yekini by the way. However, when it comes to goals, he is one of the best in the business.

The reporter rightly pointed to the fact that the Yak has even scored more goals than Drogba and Eto'o in the chinese League. How can you argue against that? The WC miss is unfortunate. It was just a bad day at the office in my opinion.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by mbaemeka(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
Gab Marcotti penned this write-up so Its safe to call it credible. I loved the Yak while he was at the EPL oh! and I dreaded him. The age thing was the reason he wasn't clamored for sha. Better luck next time!
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by shyna501: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Evrybody won crucify Yakubu... Wetin we go con talk abt Torres?? 50million pounds 4dat mata!
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
Itoroetti :
D same can be said about jay jay okocha.some footballers are less fortunate.even in current world soccer,u can't mention 5midfielders that are better than jay jay

Kai, uncle you can lie o. Jay Jay?!

1. Xavi.

2. Iniesta

3. Schweinsteigger

4. Yahya Toure

5.Pirlo.

There. Off the top of my head. I can list 20 active midfielders better than Jay-Jay.

1 Like

Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
TouchDown:

Kai, uncle you can lie o. Jay Jay?!

1. Xavi.

2. Iniesta

3. Schweinsteigger

4. Yahya Toure

5.Pirlo.

There. Off the top of my head. I can list 20 active midfielders better than Jay-Jay.

Why would they be better tha Jay Jay?

-None of them can dribble like him
-None of them shined in shitty teams
-Jay-Jay is better in freekicks than two of them (barcelona boys)
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by sweetgala(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2013
^^ Jay-Jay was terribly respected and feared by all the above guys, his skillset and ability to read the game. Jay-Jay had a similar situation to Yak the Mak "the age issue" ask Big Sam how important okocha was to bolton, their best seasons were with jay jay in form.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by irich21(m): 8:10am On Jan 16, 2013
ochukoccna:
White man's world
It has nothin to do with colour or race, if you are good you are good.
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by ojoawo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you say so...Based on the style of play in the premiership, players with minimal skills often make it big unlike the La Liga and Serie A.

Lalygha or shey na Cereal u call am!!

Are you high on some illegal-ish..??
Just checkin
Re: The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why would they be better tha Jay Jay?

-None of them can dribble like him
-None of them shined in shitty teams
-Jay-Jay is better in freekicks than two of them (barcelona boys)

iniesta can dribble better.
Pirlo and Xavi pass better.

Scweinsteiger shoots better.

Pirlo is better in freekicks.
Yaya has more power and stamina.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

France 2019: Dennerby Lists Ebi, Oparanozie, 25 Others For World Cup Final Camp / NPFL: Enyimba Vs Akwa United On 8th March 2015,4pm / AFCON 2019: FG Releases Funds For Supper Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.