Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married (1003 Views)

My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With / How Long Should I Wait To Meet His Parents / She Tested Hiv Positive, But I Still Love Her; My Parents Are Angry!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by beqs101(f): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hello nairalanders,,

My friend is in a very dark place now cuz,she feels her relationship is crashing.. They've been dating for almost two years now and recently,he engaged her.. However,the problem started when he was to take her to see his dad. Before he engaged her,he has taken her to see almost everyone in his family except his dad,and they all love her. But just recently,he told her that he spoke to his dad about her and the man said,his son can't marry her cuz of where she is from..
And to complicate things for her,his mum has joined the dad saying,she had a bad dream about them and so,she is supporting the dad on his decisions... When I asked her what her fiance is saying cuz,at the end of the day the decision is his to make and she told me the guy said,they should pray about it and after a while,he will meet his parents again and if they don't change their minds,he will let her go cuz,it might be a sign that it isn't God's will for them to be together..

Plz I need sincere and matured advise and plz,no insults... Thanks
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Kaxmytex(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
beqs101: Hello nairalanders,,

My friend is in a very dark place now cuz,she feels her relationship is crashing.. They've been dating for almost two years now and recently,he engaged her.. However,the problem started when he was to take her to see his dad. Before he engaged her,he has taken her to see almost everyone in his family except his dad,and they all love her. But just recently,he told her that he spoke to his dad about her and the man said, his son can't marry her cuz of where she is from
[size=28pt]pls,can u tell us whr d gal hails 4rm[/size]..
And to complicate things for her, his mum has joined the dad saying,she had a bad dream about them and so,she is supporting the dad on his decisions...
[size=28pt]see team work...[/size] When I asked her what her fiance is saying cuz,at the end of the day the decision is his to make and she told me the guy said,they should pray about it and after a while, he will meet his parents again and if they don't change their minds,he will let her go cuz,it might be a sign that it isn't God's will for them to be together..
[size=28pt]which kind godswill b dat,...afta 2yrs..,she wan destroy d galz life...
Godswill ko...akpabio ni
[/size]

Plz I need sincere and matured advise and plz,no insults... Thanks
[size=28pt]yah...i don read ur tori....i fink d guy gat alot 2 do..
Make d guy go meet im dad one on one,as in man-man talk.....dere must b a genuine reason why dey shldn't marry nt because say d gal is 4rm a particular place...
As i dey o,my dad no fit tell me say make i no marry person wey i lyk without any reason...if e try am,na royal rumble o
[/size]
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by greedie1(f): 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
well...... maybe he is ryt, maybe its a sign.

if he think it is, its best she let go and move on.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nna eh,all this 'father said','mother said' just keeps me wondering if your parents are the ones getting married to your partner?. Don't get me wrong,their guidance is paramount,but you are the man.If she has all you need in a wife,win your parents over & get married.

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by nlofficial(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2013
Na wa ooo. Them these parents no dey won understand say love is involved. They keep going the way of "just go and bring a girl that will produce babies, if we like her, you can get married to her"
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by djeezy(m): 7:00am On Jan 13, 2013
gree-die:
well...... maybe he is ryt, maybe its a sign.

if he think it is, its best she let go and move on.
I couldn't agree less.@op, imagine a marriage without the consent and blessing of your parents. Let the guy talk to his dad about it and if he still remains obstinate and recalcitrant, then maybe it was never meant to be. It's not the end of the world for the woman.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Mynd44: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2013
Is it his father or mother that is marrying the girl? If he finds qualities in her, there should be no Jupiter that should stop him. He just needs their support and not approval
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by djeezy(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2013
Mynd_44: Is it his father or mother that is marrying the girl? If he finds qualities in her, there should be no Jupiter that should stop him. He just needs their support and not approval
Someone who doesn't aprrove of something, how will he/she support? Quite contradictory.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Mynd44: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2013
djeezy: Someone who doesn't aprrove of something, how will he/she support? Quite contradictory.
Not quite. You just need to understand the context, what the man needs is the support of his parents. Them liking the girl or not does not really matter. Them liking her will make them approve her
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by djeezy(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Not quite. You just need to understand the context, what the man needs is the support of his parents. Them liking the girl or not does not really matter. Them liking her will make them approve her
For all I know, as long as they do not approve, I don't think they can give their support. Support in my own understanding comes from approval save its under duress or undue influence. Well if he want's to marry her like some will do in Las Vegas outside of parent's consent. Then he has to understand he's alone.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Mynd44: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2013
djeezy: For all I know, as long as they do not approve, I don't think they can give their support. Support in my own understanding comes from approval save its under duress or undue influence. Well if he want's to marry her like some will do in Las Vegas outside of parent's consent. Then he has to understand he's alone.
The Love of a pareant to a child is supposed to be above and beyond all this. Support for their son can come when they see that he is bendt on doing that and it makes them happy. No that they really approve what he wants to do.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by djeezy(m): 8:24am On Jan 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
The Love of a pareant to a child is supposed to be above and beyond all this. Support for their son can come when they see that he is bendt on doing that and it makes them happy. No that they really approve what he wants to do.
Yeah I get your point but some parents are really strict you know? That awkward moment when his parents and siblings won't visit his home. And let's say he has a lil misunderstanding with his new found wife which forsooth is bound to happen, imagine the kind of thoughts that would be running through his head.lol
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Konnektions146(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2013
it can hurt to meet such a situation after giving in so much to make the relationship work.

the truth is that de guy seem to be scared of the dad....i dont think he can do much abt it.

i subscribe to the praying stuff but de guy may not be stubborn enough to pull it.
the mum had dat dream cos of wat image the Dad painted(just a reflection ).

so tell yur friend to brace up for the obvious challenge , pick her pieces and try moving on cos that guy CANT put up strong resistance.

good luck.

NB:my tots/response are based on the story
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Mynd44: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
djeezy: Yeah I get your point but some parents are really strict you know? That awkward moment when his parents and siblings won't visit his home. And let's say he has a lil misunderstanding with his new found wife which forsooth is bound to happen, imagine the kind of thoughts that would be running through his head.lol
Then he has not become a man yet. All that is impoertant is his new family. His extended family is what they are, an extension.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by greedie1(f): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
Konnektions146:

so tell yur friend to brace up for the obvious challenge , pick her pieces and try moving on cos that guy CANT put up strong resistance.

my tots.....the guy cant resist his parents, maybe deep down he believes d shit abt her town/state.. whatever.

its a pity but lyk konnektions wrote, its better she move on
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kaxmytex:
[size=28pt]yah...i don read ur tori....i fink d guy gat alot 2 do..
Make d guy go meet im dad one on one,as in man-man talk.....dere must b a genuine reason why dey shldn't marry nt because say d gal is 4rm a particular place...
As i dey o,my dad no fit tell me say make i no marry person wey i lyk without any reason...if e try am,na royal rumble o
[/size]
lol,as far as i am concerned there is something the father is not telling his son.he is just using tribal differences as an excuse.anyway poster make your investigations thoroughly.e be like say the papa of the man and the lady in question don sharrg themselves in the past or the father of the man and the mother of the lady.there is obviously something deeper than what appears on the surface.o boy do your home work well
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by beqs101(f): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
kulyie: lol,as far as i am concerned there is something the father is not telling his son.he is just using tribal differences as an excuse.anyway poster make your investigations thoroughly.e be like say the papa of the man and the lady in question don sharrg themselves in the past or the father of the man and the mother of the lady.there is obviously something deeper than what appears on the surface.o boy do your home work well

Thanks dear for your comment but,his father hasn't met her yet so he doesn't even know what she looks like... I think there's something the father hasn't told him yet.
Re: His Parents Are Against Them Getting Married by beqs101(f): 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
Thanks y'all for your comments and advise.. Just as some of you have said,it looks like he is not strong enough to resist his family by sticking to what he wants.. However,I'll tell my friend to brace herself for whatever comes out and also continue to pray since,they've not broken up yet.. There's nothing God can't do.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Propose To Her, Or, How Do You Want Him To Propose To You / Playas In D House Please Say Something / Why Are People Still Surprised That Young Women Like Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.