Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State (16628 Views)

AAUA Students Protest In A Violent Way (photos) / Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos) / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by debbilici0us(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Students of Imo state university took to the streets today in Owerri asking the Governor to tell them their fate.The students,some of who have been in school for up to 12years are calling on the governor to address the strike in the hospital as the NMC accreditation team which is expected by April may withdraw the accreditation.After Gwagwalada,it's now IMSUTH.If the school loses her accreditation,what will happen to the students who have spent twelve years in the school?

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Krissie100: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
sad sad xo sad .......... After makin us spend 10yrz nd more in skool....... Dey won't want 2 us man power 2 b lik oda skoolz .....itz xo pathetic dat dey come out 2 d press nd make empty promises ...... I jst hope nd pray dat dey would listen 2 our cry...............................

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by REMMEI(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
cry cry cry cry

Why is all this happening in Nigeria?..why are our so called leaders wicked and selfish?where's the love?..will these fresh young doctors happy to stay in this country after graduation?..I read about a topic sometime ago that labelled some university courses as a waste of time..now I see Nigeria as a waste nation..cos the greedy governments makes us to think and see some courses in our universities as waste..now they want to waste the life,time and career of some desirable youth.

4 Likes

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
So, how's this Rochas's fault?

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by survivor10(m): 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
This is totally unjust! Medical stdnts have turned into 'prisoners of war' just in d name of being a medic. 7yrs in med schl dis days is by God's grace. 12yrs ...o boy
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by DetectiveBauer(m): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its Rochas fault cos he is the owner and visitor to IMSU/IMSUTH. He is the state governor. The hospital is underfunded and resident doctors are currently on strike. Most Consultants are seeking for greener pastures elsewhere cos they are underpaid. MBBS exams are not written as at when due cos of lack of funds. Most of all, Re-accreditation of IMSUTH is by middle of this year(May/June). With the current status, do you think they will pass the accreditation? It has everything to do with Rochas please

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
Detective Bauer: Its Rochas fault cos he is the owner and visitor to IMSU/IMSUTH. He is our state governor. The hospital is underfunded and resident doctors are currently on strike. Re-accreditation of IMSUTH is by middle of this year. With the current status, do you think they will pass the accreditation. It has everything to do with Rochas please
Whose job is it to accredit them?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by DetectiveBauer(m): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its the job of Nigeria Medical and Dental Council(NMDC) to accredit all medical schools in nigeria. If anyone is not up to standard, you will stop graduation. Look at what happened to UNIABUJA. IMSUTH already graduated 4 sets of Medical doctors! Why should this happen during Rochas regime?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Detective Bauer: Its the job of Nigeria Medical and Dental Council(NMDC) to accredit all medical schools in nigeria. If anyone is not up to standard, you will stop graduation. Look at what happened to UNIABUJA. IMSUTH already graduated 4 sets of Medical doctors! Why should this happen during Rochas regime?
You say it's the job of the Nigerian medical and dental council to accredit and you're still blaming Rochas. Is there anything he did whether directly or indirectly that affected the accreditation?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by enehaluh(m): 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
D medical and dental council of nigeria..however, basic standards must be met by d teachn hospital; rochas has slashed govt funding to d hospital by about 58 percent. D hospital is in a terrible state. With d current state of affairs,d students stand no chance against d NMDC...dey r warning d govt. now, nobody is paying heed,until d place is shut down and hundreds of quacks r released into d society:
Afam4eva:
Whose job is it to accredit them?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by enehaluh(m): 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
If d students had blown up a few cars and shot some folks dead, it wouda made frontpage; for now,its tucked under a dark cellar in nairaland:Seun biko nu nu
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Krissie100: sad sad xo sad .......... After makin us send 10yrz nd more in skool....... Dey won't want 2 want 2 give us man power 4 us 2 b lik oda skoolz .....itz xo pathetic dat dey come out 2 d press nd make empty promises ...... I jst hope nd pray dat dey would listen 2 our cry...............................
10years for real?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by DetectiveBauer(m): 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
@afam... Don't you get it? Rochas holds the key to everything! He is the GOVERNOR. He alone can recall the resident doctors currently on strike, provide necessary equipments needed by the hospital, completeall uncompleted blocks, fund the hospital well. If he neglects all ds, IMSUTH won't stand a chance in the accreditation come May/June. The hospital is owned by the STATE government, and it generates funds for the government. Patients also visit there. Also medical students pay school fees up to their 10th year. The 10 years is 4 real. Wat do you expect? Imsu began medical programme in 1999, and the teaching hospital was completed many yrs later, and they got their accreditation in 2008.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by mayorfirst(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mayor deeply regrets the stupendoudly excruciating, annoying and disheartening condition of the imsu medical sku at the moment, imsuth being under lock and key yl acreditation threatens. Let me use dis opportunity to pray dat the praceful stdents' actn would yield favrbl response withn 72 hrs frm his excelency

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Detective Bauer: @afam... Don't you get it? Rochas holds the key to everything! He is the GOVERNOR. He alone can recall the resident doctors currently on strike, provide necessary equipments needed by the hospital, completeall uncompleted blocks, fund the hospital well. If he neglects all ds, IMSUTH won't stand a chance in the accreditation come May/June. The hospital is owned by the STATE government, and it generates funds for the government. Patients also visit there. Also medical students pay school fees up to their 10th year. The 10 years is 4 real. Wat do you expect? Imsu began medical programme in 1999, and the teaching hospital was completed many yrs later, and they got their accreditation in 2008.
I think i get it now. I hope Rochas listens and acts ASAP.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by aribisala0(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
12 years ke By now dem go don become native doctor naa?
Abeg chage course to vet medicine or something. All these fake schools feel they must do medicine by force. If you don't have the right trainers you won't be accredited.No story
If you accredit all these fake doctors they will spoil market for other doctors from genuine medical schools
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by alienware(m): 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
see their rubber lab coat ! instead wey dem go wear "dupont" quality lab coat.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Kslib(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
debbilici0us: Students of Imo state university took to the streets today in Owerri asking the Governor to tell them their fate.The students,some of which have been in school for up to 12years are calling on the governor to address the strike in the hospital as the NMC accreditation team which is expected by April may withdraw the accreditation.After Gwagwalada,it's now IMSUTH.If the school loses her accreditation,what will happen to the students who have spent twelve years in the school?
GOD of israel!!!! How many years con remain to take know wetin life dey talk about??... Well,kudos and respect to all the men in white coat minus spirit oh..
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Onyenna(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
CHOI!!!! So appalling!!! This is really BAD!!!!

cry cry Jeeeez!!!! What has Rochas been doing!? But I actually thought he was on the right track when I visited IMSUTH just after he was elected! I saw some constructions going on there(nursing section etc) Rochas should wake up fast! Damn!! FVCK!! I can't believe this!! I have so many friends there! My friends and their Colleagues have really SUFFERED!!!

Just Imaging someone on his/her 1200 Level !!!! It's unfathomable!!!!! Chai!!!

I no FIT ShOuT!!!!! Rochas don eeeeeeff!!

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by aribisala0(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
You say it's the job of the Nigerian medical and dental council to accredit and you're still blaming Rochas. Is there anything he did whether directly or indirectly that affected the accreditation?
Tell me you are Joking ??
Those who do accreditation are neutral or should be. Like an ATM machine WRONG PIN NO MONEY SIMPLE. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of those who set up a school and collect fees from students to ensure the school is accredited by meeting the required standards.To some extent students have a duty to check before enrolling though most will assume it is accredited if owned by the government.If this was a private school no one would sympathize with them.
Those who do accreditation have a primary responsibility to the PUBLIC to protect them from quackery.That is their purpose. They owe the students little or nothing other than to set standards and check those who comply

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by enehaluh(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
alienware: see their rubber lab coat ! instead wey dem go wear "dupont" quality lab coat.
Drs dont wear labcoats Sir, dey wear wardcoats:p
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by eaglechild: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
I think medicine should be reserved for only federal universities.
Most state governments cannot handle the funding of medical schools.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by phecs: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
12 yrs to study what?like seriously!dis is rilli hillarious.banana republic I dey hail oooooooo
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by claremont(m): 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
I spent 6 and a half years in a Nigerian uni studying for a course that was supposed to be 5 years long, and I thought that was ridiculously long. I just can't imagine how someone who has spent 12 years in uni studying an undergraduate course would feel.

The onus rests on those who set up the universities to ensure that they are well funded.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by GARRIx7(m): 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
.... And they were praising him to high heavens when he declared free education for all....

I dey smell something wen dey smell like SCAM...

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Stegomiah: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
ALL I CAN SAY IS DAT NIGERIA IS A FAILD COUNTRY; D FUTURE IS PAST, I know au Ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥ feels lyk 4 dem, buh wu do we blame?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by mrkels(m): 9:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Justicemy: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
at1st i never liked dat skul, despite d fact of free study of a tin
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by sirugos(m): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Aftermath of free education. Rochas should go and hug transformer. talkative

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Official Threatens MURIC Director With Disappearance In Leaked Audio / Cut Off For Post Ume (oau) / WAEC 2023 Literature In English (prose, OBJ, Drama & Poetry) Questions And Ans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.