Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State (16494 Views)

AAUA Students Protest In A Violent Way (photos) / Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos) / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Justicemy: 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):
.... And they were praising him to high heavens when he declared free education for all....

I dey smell something wen dey smell like SCAM...

undecided undecided
dude nothn goes 4 nothn, its lyk a sayn given wit de left nd colect it bak wit d right hand
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Ejine(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
12 years!!?

Omo, betta go find work as a herbalist.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by tonmandy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]
Whose job is it to accredit them
wat re u writing. If u dont understand a post,dont reply. Its not by force to reply every thing. Olodo.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thats my alma matter o o o and my colleague medicos,rochas wake up o o,we recognise the fact that you are on a rescue mission yay you have blocked former governor ikedi ohakim aka ikiri from draining our collective treachery,we acknowledge your passion for good governance,we plead you in the name of God to make neccesary effort to tacke this crisis rocking imsuth,meanwhile i continue to ask why should former governor achike udenwa have to site a teaching hospital in side his underdeveloped village,had it been the university teaching hospital was located in a neutral ground like owerri, it would have been more economically viable and also attract the attention of any sitting governor.
Medicos occupy owerri in progress,your honourable speaker reporting from owerri.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by aribisala0(m): 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
Emzybrown: Thats my alma matter o o o and my colleague medicos,rochas wake up o o,we recognise the fact that you are on a rescue mission yay you have blocked former governor ikedi ohakim aka ikiri from draining our collective treachery,we acknowledge your passion for good governance,we plead you in the name of God to make neccesary effort to tacke this crisis rocking imsuth,meanwhile i continue to ask why should former governor achike udenwa have to site a teaching hospital in side his underdeveloped village,had it been the university teaching hospital was located in a neutral ground like owerri, it would have been more economically viable and also attract the attention of any sitting governor.
Medicos occupy owerri in progress,your honourable speaker reporting from owerri.
Maybe there was a good reason for not accrediting them after all undecided
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by enehaluh(m): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Stegomiah: ALL I CAN SAY IS DAT NIGERIA IS A FAILD COUNTRY; D FUTURE IS PAST, I know au Ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥ feels lyk 4 dem, buh wu do we blame?

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Mujitapha(m): 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
We want do medicine..we want do medicine.All these states that take medicine like yeye course are paying for their foolishness. Before you start medicine in any uni,you must make sure you have well equipt teaching hospital and reguired number of consultants.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
debbilici0us: Students of Imo state university took to the streets today in Owerri asking the Governor to tell them their fate.The students,some of which have been in school for up to 12years are calling on the governor to address the strike in the hospital as the NMC accreditation team which is expected by April may withdraw the accreditation.After Gwagwalada,it's now IMSUTH.If the school loses her accreditation,what will happen to the students who have spent twelve years in the school?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by temtem1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
alienware: see their rubber lab coat ! instead wey dem go wear "dupont" quality lab coat.

R u alright?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its really pathtic, I feel for the students but, it is nobodys fault though. Go to teachin hospitals nd u Wud bemoan d way innocent lives re lost in d hands of student doctors nd unqualified practitioners. Human life is a sensitive issue, in my own opinion, any institution dat is ill equiPped to practice medicine, shouldn't practice medicine.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by osifred(m): 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
12 years that's really serious. 12yrs is enough to get one bsc, two masters and even a PhD. I use to tell people it must not be medicine.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by decode55(m): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
more pics coming soon...
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by valicious1(m): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
All those people that voted for roguechas on that election day are already cursed, they all contributed to this mess which he has put imo state into.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
aribisala0:
Maybe there was a good reason for not accrediting them after all undecided
dude am typing from a mobile,meanwhile that is just a typographical error and am nt borthered to do any proof reading,get a life slow poke,meanwhile an illiterate educationist like you made a mistake with your british sentence,you have to replace 'there' with 'that' .smh kettle calling pot black.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by aribisala0(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Emzybrown:
Dad am typing from a mobile,meanwhile that is just a typographical error and am nt borthered to do any proof reading,get a life slow poke,meanwhile an illiterate educationist like you made a mistake with your british sentence,you have to replace 'there' with 'that' .smh kettle calling pot black.
tut tut
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by tellwisdom: 12:05am On Jan 15, 2013
grin grin grin See our medical doctors oo cheesy cheesy....I rather die than allow these hoodlums come near me for treatment angry angry
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by bravetentewa(m): 12:54am On Jan 15, 2013
Thank God for our Former Gov Ikedi Ohakim....Faculty of Engineering and Nursing Science will remain Grateful to him ....Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ 12yrs for skool....ur friend pikin G̶̲̥̅̊☹ meet U̶̲̥̅̊ for university be that ♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ.......​​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º​=))...
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 15, 2013
The fault is JAMBs IMHO
Why should JAMB list an unaccredited course of study in its brochure?
It is unfair
These students get in not knowing the course is no good at that school and are faced with reality later on
My cousin was a pioneer set at ABSU medical school
I believe she was in med school for about 9 or 10 years

The NMDC needs to close down the med school ,then IMSU should negotiate with other med schools across the country to absorb these students into an appropriate year
That's the best case scenario
The dangers of attending these backyard state schools all over the place
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 15, 2013
aribisala0:
tut tut
get that to your skull,thank you teacher.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 15, 2013
valicious1: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
All those people that voted for roguechas on that election day are already cursed, they all contributed to this mess which he has put imo state into.
Rochas is just a year and 7months old in office as a governor. This problem imsuth is facing now is as a result of accumulated years of neglect by previous administrations.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by ignis: 3:55am On Jan 15, 2013
alienware: see their rubber lab coat ! instead wey dem go wear "dupont" quality lab coat.
And how is that your business?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nwogbe: 4:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Whose job is it to accredit them?
Afam read through Dictative B's post well before asking that question. Its all the Governor's fault.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by ujchief(m): 4:20am On Jan 15, 2013
GARRI (x7):
.... And they were praising him to high heavens when he declared free education for all....

I dey smell something wen dey smell like SCAM...

undecided undecided
This is what happens when governance is substituted with philantropism.
How can there be money to fund tertiary institutions when u make it free
Just to please the gullible masses.
Way to go rochas, ride on with ur free education while imsu remains at a rented space.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 15, 2013
debbilici0us: Students of Imo state university took to the streets today in Owerri asking the Governor to tell them their fate.The students,some of which have been in school for up to 12years are calling on the governor to address the strike in the hospital as the NMC accreditation team which is expected by April may withdraw the accreditation.After Gwagwalada,it's now IMSUTH.If the school loses her accreditation,what will happen to the students who have spent twelve years in the school?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by decode55(m): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2013
tellwisdom: grin grin grin See our medical doctors oo cheesy cheesy....I rather die than allow these hoodlums come near me for treatment angry angry
you'll die soon enough f**l

1 Like

Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by lastmanstandn(m): 6:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Afam4eva: So, how's this Rochas's fault?

When Ogbeni Aregbesola shipped his medical students to europe to complete their studies, people came her to rain curses on him, the same NUC that refused to accredit UNIOSUN's medical colledge became critics of his policy. Naija sha.
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by heykims(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2013
Just make d protest a peaceful one, i hope d dude gov of urs at least consider ur chronicity in studenthood. Nice wardcoats...
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by trix1: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2013
Krissie100: sad sad xo sad .......... After makin us spend 10yrz nd more in skool....... Dey won't want 2 us man power 2 b lik oda skoolz .....itz xo pathetic dat dey come out 2 d press nd make empty promises ...... I jst hope nd pray dat dey would listen 2 our cry...............................

[size=13pt]Its no surprise you've spent over 10 years in school[/size]
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by ajanaku2(m): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2013
eaglechild: I think medicine should be reserved for only federal universities.
Most state governments cannot handle the funding of medical schools.

LASUTH owned by the Lagos state Government is an exception. You need to visit there to see the State-of-the-art infrastructures...Even LUTH refers some of its Patients to LASUTH!
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by aribisala0(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2013
Guy no vex but wetin be "State of the Art" .Is that anoda state in Nigeria for artist ?
Re: IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State by ajanaku2(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2013
aribisala0: Guy no vex but wetin be "State of the Art" .Is that anoda state in Nigeria for artist ?

...thought you Guys resumed school yesterday or something...Ask your English teacher or Literature-in-English teacher when you get to School today...Okay?...Make you read well for your WAEC and JAMB exams ooo, make you no go write am twice...Success is yours, My Guy!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 / FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme / WAEC Releases 2021 Results, Withholds 10.9% Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.