Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? (1755 Views)

Top 10 Funniest Replies To why Didn't You Go To Church Today (Hillarious Photos) / Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve / Why Didn't God Corrected Adam When He Founded Flaws In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
According to the bible Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. this means man is Godlike. What was God testing in Adam?if something is manufactured
and the manufacturer carried out a test and find out that a particular area of his work is faulty would he not correct it? Why didn't God correct the fault he found in Adam instead he got angry and threw him out the garden.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by npage01(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Be careful in your utterances. The way of God is never the way of man. Dnt analyse devine issues mortally. Be warned.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 4:52am On Jan 15, 2013
npage01: Be careful in your utterances. The way of God is never the way of man. Dnt analyse devine issues mortally. Be warned.
Is it wrong to ask questions when it is necessary? After all, Jesus questioned God too "why has thou forsaken me". If people hadn't asked question by now you would've been thinking the earth is flat. So why didn't God just correct what he didn't get right in Adam after testing him?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2013
seeking@truth:
According to the bible Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. this means man is Godlike. What was God testing in Adam?if something is manufactured and the manufacturer carried out a test and find out that a particular area of his work is faulty would he not correct it?

Adam didn't have any factory problem. There was nothing wrong in him. Satan deceived him into sin.

Why didn't God correct the fault he found in Adam

His nature became corrupt because of sin.

instead he got angry and threw him out the garden.

God didn't throw them out of anger. Rather he sent them out of the garden in love. There were two significant trees in the garden. TREE OF KNOWLEDGE ,and TREE OF LIFE.. The tree of knowledge will make man wise and the tree of life will give man permanence and immortality.

Man fell into sin . And his nature got corrupt. If he had gone ahead and eat the tree of life he will remain in that corruption state for ever. That means there will be no redemption for man again. The reason God sent them out was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life . So that the way f salvation can still be open.

Genesis 3:24
Thus God expelled him, and placed mighty angels at the east of the Garden of Eden, with a flaming sword to guard the entrance to the Tree of Life.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by AtheistD(m): 8:37am On Jan 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Adam didn't have any factory problem. There was nothing wrong in him. Satan deceived him into sin.

His nature became corrupt because of sin.

God didn't throw them out of anger. Rather he sent them out of the garden in love. There were two significant trees in the garden. TREE OF KNOWLEDGE ,and TREE OF LIFE.. The tree of knowledge will make man wise and the tree of life will give man permanence and immortality.

Man fell into sin . And his nature got corrupt. If he had gone ahead and eat the tree of life he will remain in that corruption state for ever. That means there will be no redemption for man again. The reason God sent them out was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life . So that the way f salvation can still be open.

Genesis 3:24
Thus God expelled him, and placed mighty angels at the east of the Garden of Eden, with a flaming sword to guard the entrance to the Tree of Life.

Yoi failed to answer the question. Why didnt God recreate Adam?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Heatblast(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2013
seeking@truth:
According to the bible Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. this means man is Godlike. What was God testing in Adam?if something is manufactured
and the manufacturer carried out a test and find out that a particular area of his work is faulty would he not correct it? Why didn't God correct the fault he found in Adam instead he got angry and threw him out the garden.

Good questions; add these to the list
1)Why did god put that tree in the middle of the garden, imagine putting a gun at the centre of a toddler's room
2)God is supposed to know everything(including the future).. Why didn't god see that coming?(Why get angry when you know exactly what is going to happen even before creation)
3)Why did we all get punished for adams sin, why not wipe out the failed creation and start afresh?
4)Why did the snake get punished?(Wasn't it the devil that posessed the snake or Does it also mean that animals also have 'free-will'
Who do we blame for the myth of the fall of man adam, eve, the serpent, the devil, god

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by AtheistD(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2013
Heatblast:

Good questions; add these to the list
1)Why did god put that tree in the middle of the garden, imagine putting a gun at the centre of a toddler's room
2)God is supposed to know everything(including the future).. Why didn't god see that coming?(Why get angry when you know exactly what is going to happen even before creation)
3)Why did we all get punished for adams sin, why not wipe out the failed creation and start afresh?
4)Why did the snake get punished?(Wasn't it the devil that posessed the snake or Does it also mean that animals also have 'free-will'
Who do we blame for the myth of the fall of man adam, eve, the serpent, the devil, god

It is meant to be a mythical story on how man came about.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Heatblast(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:

It is meant to be a mythical story on how man came about.

Exactly.. Even children don't believe this poo.. If you go to a sunday school for children, you'll see them asking lots of similar questions. But their sunday school teachers shut them up in a manner similar to this

npage01: Be careful in your utterances. The way of God is never the way of man. Dnt analyse devine issues mortally. Be warned.

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by AtheistD(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2013
Heatblast:

Exactly.. Even children don't believe this poo.. If you go to a sunday school for children, you'll see them asking lots of similar questions. But their sunday school teachers shut them up in a manner similar to this

Lol. I heard that about a gazillion times when I was younger. I got hit over the head with a bible a couple of times too grin
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Heatblast(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2013

Lol. I heard that about a gazillion times when I was younger. I got hit over the head with a bible a couple of times too grin

Haha... That is part of the numerous techniques they use in ensuring that kids stay brainwashed
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by AtheistD(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Heatblast:

Haha... That is part of the numerous techniques they use in ensuring that kids stay brainwashed

Side by side with refusing to answer questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
seeking@truth:
THERE WERE NO FLAWS IN ADAM. 'FREEWILL' IS NOT A FLAW.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2013

Yoi failed to answer the question. Why didnt God recreate Adam?

He did the recreation in Christ
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

He did the recreation in Christ
why did it take God that long to recreate Adam in Christ and has it change anything? And what makes you think that Jesus who came through a woman who Adam sin has infested is better than Adam made from dust by God's own hand and breath?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
obadiah777: THERE WERE NO FLAWS IN ADAM. 'FREEWILL' IS NOT A FLAW.
Is disobedience to God a good thing?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by JeSoul(f): 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 5:10am On Jan 16, 2013
seeking@truth:
why did it take God that long to recreate Adam in Christ and has it change anything? And what makes you think that Jesus who came through a woman who Adam sin has infested is better than Adam made from dust by God's own hand and breath?

Adam represented human race. So in Adam man fell and Satan stole the adamic authority which God gave man.

Luke 4:5-7
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:for[b] that is delivered unto me[/b];

Remember it was Adam or man God gave the earth to ,but now satan claim ownership. There is justice in the realm of the spirit . There are spiritual laws. It was man who lost the authority . It is also man who can get it back. So God set the plan for man to gain his dominion back. He created another man . Jesus came as a 100% man . That is why he was called second Adam .

1 Corinthians 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2013
Joagbaje:

Adam represented human race. So in Adam man fell and Satan stole the adamic authority which God gave man.

And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:for[b] that is delivered unto me[/b];

Remember it was Adam or man God gave the earth to ,but now satan claim ownership. There is justice in the realm of the spirit . There are spiritual laws. It was man who lost the authority . It is also man who can get it back. So God set the plan for man to gain his dominion back. He created another man . Jesus came as a 100% man . That is why he was called second Adam .

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

hope that ansa's d kwesun
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Joagbaje:

what did Satan steal?(he only told man the truth
Gen: 3 vs 4-5 Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die, For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evill.". And then God utterance in another vs corroborated it.

Gen:3 vs 22 Then the Lord God said,"Behold, the man has become like one of us, to know good and evil"...
Now my question, has Jesus, the second Adam changed man from knowing good and evil which God never wanted man to know and why should God send Jesus to come and reverse what he couldn't reverse or correct in Adam?(why didn't God strike the hammer while iron was hot?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by tpia5: 10:50am On Jan 17, 2013
i typed up a reply which was unable to post when the other thread got locked.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by tpia5: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2013
anyway, lets try this again

seeking@truth:
Gen: 3 vs 4-5 Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die, For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evill.". And then God utterance in another vs corroborated it.

Gen:3 vs 22 Then the Lord God said,"Behold, the man has become like one of us, to know good and evil"...

this has been discussed on other threads, basically, the issue here is the serpent attempting to usurp God's authority by getting adam and eve to disobey God, with attendant consequences.

Now my question, has Jesus, the second Adam changed man from knowing good and evil which God never wanted man to know and why should God send Jesus to come and reverse what he couldn't reverse or correct in Adam?(why didn't God strike the hammer while iron was hot?

you cant have answers to these questions if you dont know what adam's original purpose was.

why was he created, and what was he supposed to do?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
tpia@:
anyway, lets try this again

this has been discussed on other threads, basically, the issue here is the serpent attempting to usurp God's authority by getting adam and eve to disobey God, with attendant consequences.

you cant have answers to these questions if you dont know what adam's original purpose was.

why was he created, and what was he supposed to do?
Genesis 1 vs 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the birds of the air, and over the fishes of the seas, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping things that creeps on the earth."

I guess that was the purpose of the creation of Adam, according to that verse of the Bible. But, I wonder how a man without knowledge of good and evil can manage the earth and its inhabitants.

If disobedience was/is what God found wanting in the Man, Adam that He
just created wouldn't it have been reasonable to correct tha t flaw? Or would it be logical to say that Adam was sent out of the garden for correctional purposes?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
seeking@truth:
Genesis 1 vs 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the birds of the air, and over the fishes of the seas, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping things that creeps on the earth."

I guess that was the purpose of the creation of Adam, according to that verse of the Bible. But, I wonder how a man without knowledge of good and evil can manage the earth and its inhabitants.
COS D WORLD WAS CREATED WITHOUT EVIL MAN DIDNT NEED D KNOWLEDGE OF EVIL
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: COS D WORLD WAS CREATED WITHOUT EVIL MAN DIDNT NEED D KNOWLEDGE OF EVIL
You can as well say God didn't create darkness which is synonymous with evil, huh?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
seeking@truth:
Is disobedience to God a good thing?
THATS YOUR OWN FLAW.

JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
obadiah777: THATS YOUR OWN FLAW.

JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
I guess it was Satan who tempted Abraham to slaughter his son Isaac. And it was Satan who led Jesus after his baptism to be tempted.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
seeking@truth:

I agree but he made man disobey God , and by mans yieldedness to satan he became mans master . He gained ownership and control of the earth .adam delivered it to satan through deception.

Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

The spiritual principle says a man becomes a Slave to whoever conquers him.

2pet 2:19
For a man is a slave to whatever controls him.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

That's how satan stole mans authority . Remember it was man God gave dominion over the earth to.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by omosexy1: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
seeking@truth:

Have you truly sat down to read Genesis very well. So you want to tell me you believe that a snake was talking to a man and actually deceiving him. Do you?
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by tpia5: 12:29am On Jan 19, 2013
seeking@truth:

I guess that was the purpose of the creation of Adam, according to that verse of the Bible.

let's assume adam had at the very least, a two-fold ministry (besides being told to be fruitful and multiply):

1. to have dominion over all living creatures (animals,fish and birds) (see your quote)

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

2. to tend the garden (as part of this mandate):

gen 2:

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

so, he was being prepared to go out of the garden eventually, and apply the principles he had learned there, to the rest of the earth.

do you feel he would have stayed in eden forever if he hadnt sinned?

I dont really see any evidence of that, but you can quote anywhere in the bible you feel gives such an impression.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by tpia5: 12:33am On Jan 19, 2013
But, I wonder how a man without knowledge of good and evil can manage the earth and its inhabitants.

@ bolded

without knowledge of rebellion.

If disobedience was/is what God found wanting in the Man, Adam that He
just created wouldn't it have been reasonable to correct that flaw? Or would it be logical to say that Adam was sent out of the garden for correctional purposes?

he was sent out of the garden before he was [physically] ready or prepared to leave.

and yes, it was part of the correction.
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 8:05am On Jan 19, 2013
tpia@:

do you feel he would have stayed in eden forever if he hadnt sinned?
on.

You are right . They were undergoing a process . They weren't meant to stay in the garden forever. The training was prematurely aborted
Re: Why Didn't God Correct Adam When He Found Flaws In Him? by seekingtruth(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: COS D WORLD WAS CREATED WITHOUT EVIL MAN DIDNT NEED D KNOWLEDGE OF EVIL
But God knows good and evil. "Behold, the man has become like us knowing good and evil"...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Do You Believe The Existence Of ILLUMINATI? / Non-theists, What Is (are) The Benchmark(s) For Your Morality? / Rapturable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.