Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12400 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by jmaine: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
anonimi:

Again I ask, what is the difference between

a) six
b) half a dozen

Nomenclature . . .One is Six and the other one is a Dozen tongue

Eko Oni Baje oo!! grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

it goes beyond that but most obviously starts from there. That is why we are asking u to bring out evidence of such things occurring at all. If after the public gathering, there is an exchange of envelopes or feast going on afterwards, let us know. U av said nothing so far.

Demdem

@lost pope

For example, look at Governor Dickson who became a governor months ago entertaining and enjoying life Dont u think its will be much more reasonable if this thread was directed at the bayelsa governor demanding how much he budgets for entertainment in a financial year? This is more like it.

TouchDown::

This thread has been a waste of my time. Came to see if there would be any information on the amount budgeted for feeding but I didn't see any. When you assert something, the onus is on you to prove that which you assert. This has been a one-sided affair and I'm not happy. I came to see a good debate, I don't like the way Gbawe and Naptu rode roughshod on you.

'Sincere' my good man, you're not doing a good job. You need to buckle up. I don't like the way you keep getting a.s.s-whooped on these threads.

naptu2:

Kai! Are we going to go round and round in circles?

What refreshments? Can you provide us with evidence of the "refreshment usually provided at the weekly state executive council meeting and other similar meetings" or are you assuming?

Answer:

CABINET OFFICE (pg 15 - 26)
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 1.5 Million Naira
servicing of meetings = 10 Million Naira

STATE TENDER BOARD
servicing of meetings = 22 Million Naira

OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER (Page 116)
maintenance of staff quarters = 72 million Naira
maintenence of Guest House = 36 million Naira
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 55 Million
conference and Seminars = 750 million Naira
workshop and training = 607 million Naira
special duties = 100 million Naira
meet the press = 50 million Naira
Entertainment = 100 Million Naira
Celebrations and Ceremonies = 200 Million Naira
Ceremonial Outfits = 10 million Naira
Servicing of meetings = 180 Million Naira

OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR(page 168)
maintenance of guest house = 80 million Naira
upkeep and maintenance = 60 million Naira
special duties = 70 Million Naira
Entertainment = 50 Million Naira

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF (page 446-448) - note multiple upkeep allowance
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 63 million Naira
maintenance of guest houses = 36 Million Naira
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 67.5 million Naira
Entertainment = 225 Million Naira
special duties = 6.5 BILLION Naira
Miscellenous = 117 million Naira

on page 448

upkeep and maintenance = 27 million naira
upkeep and maintenance = 90 million Naira
upkeep and maintenance = 166.5 million Naira
upkeep and maintenance = 126 Million Naira
upkeep and maintenance = 36 Million Naira
upkeep and maintenance = 13,5 million Naira
Special Duties = 270 Million Naira
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by earthgreeners(m): 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
talktimi: see kettle calling the pot black. Are you not Fashola's internet lapdog too ? I don't know why many people on this nairaland can't engage in healthy arguments without hurling insults. Mr eko ile, your NL profile says a lot about who YOU work for so if mr 9gerian decides to be a lapdog for the president shouldn't concern you @ all since he's not the one feed you or anyone on this forum.

Guilty Conscience
Are you a LAP-PUPPY?, If No, why are you speaking on behalf of a LAP-DOG?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
earthgreeners:

Still pointless sir...
The OP requested for amount spent on feeding in the Governor office...Nothing was found

Now you are stating the amount spent by some MDAs for other functions ...why are you derailing completely nawwww.....are you an i.diot?

Do you know that the 1.3billion GEJ budgeted for food is excluding that of the MDAs?

Haba! We havent even seen the big one yet oh! Fashola's own! If the Chief of staff could be this terrible, what will the boss do? How have we derailed? Have we finished our search yet? Are we there yet? Haba! Be patient oh! Fasthen your seat belt jare! We are on a journey of discovery! Your fellow touts have tried to derail us, but we refused to be derailed and now we are making progress.

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF (page 446-448)
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
I am SHOCKED to the marrow that the "Eko oni ba je" gang, who routinely attack the federal govt from all sides including on issues concerning wasteful expenditure, are 'acting' complete nonchallance to the SCANDALOUS Lagos state 'jollification' budget revealed on this thread.

This is unprecedented HYPOCRISY!

...OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF (page 446-448) - note multiple upkeep allowance
Miscellenous = 117 million Naira.

Smh!

5 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hmmmm.....so Fashola has been exposed that he hides Refreshment allowances in the office of special duties. I guess this means I'll be voting for PDP in the next election.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Which Lagossians are not complaining? Did you do an opinion poll to know what Lagosians think? Or are you just talking crap online? I am a Lagosian and I am complaining right now!

No, youve been ALLOWED the privilege of living in Lagos unmolested; theres a difference.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by earthgreeners(m): 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: Hmmmm.....so Fashola has been exposed that he hides Refreshment allowances in the office of special duties. I guess this means I'll be voting for PDP in the next election.

I sabi say u get sense pass the dis tin wey u post....LOL......
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by talktimi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
its obvious most people here didn't read & understand the OP's article completely.
He's simply asking how much each state govt budgeted for feeding, the presidency's budget is roughly over N200 million this year. This is a straight foward question and doesn't entail hurling of insults or tribalistic comments as is being done now by some people on this thread.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
earthgreeners:

I sabi say u get sense pass the dis tin wey u post....LOL......
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
talktimi: its obvious most people here didn't read & understand the OP's article completely.
He's simply asking how much each state govt budgeted for feeding, the presidency's budget is roughly over N200 million this year. This is a straight foward question and doesn't entail hurling of insults or tribalistic comments as is being done now by some people on this thread.
What's really pissing people off is that they know him and they know where he was heading...they are looking beyond his question and targeting his motive. He gets a hard-on from tryin to discredit Gov Fashola. Whatever he says doesn't stop Lagos from being the best run state in Nigeria though.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by talktimi(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
babapupa:

You and the op are just too ret.arded and confused for your own good. Your co dumb and dumber laptop crew member came up with the food at cabinet meetings nonsense so call your laptop friend ignorant you silly clown.

You losers came up with your dumb food budget rubbish, but you can not even prove that rubbish exist within the state budget to start with. The fact that you id.iots are capable of formulating your insane nonsense doesn't mean we are obligated to entertain your ignotance and stupidity.
if you don't have any relevant argument to post here why not just slide by.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by talktimi(m): 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: What's really pissing people off is that they know him and they know where he was heading...they are looking beyond his question and targeting his motive. He gets a hard-on from tryin to discredit Gov Fashola. Whatever he says doesn't stop Lagos from being the best run state in Nigeria though.
maybe people here do know the OP hence the offensive against him but I believe the reason Seun formed nairaland is for Nigerians all over the world to engage in healthy discussions and arguments acroos a wide array of topics broadening our knowledge and horizons in the process, I've learnt a lot of things from people like Sienna and Ikenna here on NL. Whether the OP has a bad record or not doesn't hide the fact that this is a relevant topic for some people interested in such things and if you're not, we can simply ignore him. Nobody in his right senses can say Fashola hasn't worked in Lagos state and I don't think the OP would have said such a thing not that I'm defending him.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by nduchucks: 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I am SHOCKED to the marrow that the "Eko oni ba je" gang, who routinely attack the federal govt from all sides including on issues concerning wasteful expenditure, are 'acting' complete nonchallance to the SCANDALOUS Lagos state 'jollification' budget revealed on this thread.

You need to quit this juvenile grandstanding. What has been revealed to you is the outrageous manner in which ALL state governments and the Feds loot our treasuries. There is no great scandal by Fashola or Lagos state in particular.

I would have taken you seriously if your outrage were directed at all state governments and the Feds. Your intellectual dishonesty in this matter is in full view. You fool no one.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You need to quit this juvenile grandstanding. What has been revealed to you is the outrageous manner in which ALL state governments and the Feds loot our treasuries. There is no great scandal by Fashola or Lagos state in particular.

I would have taken you seriously if your outrage were directed at all state governments and the Feds. Your intellectual dishonesty in this matter is in full view. You fool no one.

and what is wrong if it is directed at Lagos state?

6 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
A-ZeD:

Lagosians are not complaining about their governor so why are you crying for them?

dumb

2 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

This is how:

Mainly because you have been fixated all along with the feeding allowance of the LASG, I am afraid you have proven nothing.

Someone more astute and driven by less of a desire to malign the Lagos state governor would tackle issues of accountability quite differently.

The larger problem with your approach here is not so much that it is prosecutorial - even in the absence of any scrutable facts.
Rather, it is the paucity of thought on display which equates governance to a zero-sum game, which I find alarming.

To be honest though, you are no more guilty than any number of other commentators on this thread who, on good conscience, denigrate discussions of this sort to the pedestrian level of "my governor is better than yours" or "touch not my anointed".

Chief Of Staff
Ministerial Responsibilities
Protocol and Administration of Government House
Control and Maintenance of Government Guest Houses and VIP Chalets
Political Intelligence
Political Correspondence
General Administration of the Chief Executive’s Office
Co-ordination of Schedule of Governor’s Activities
Control of Government Guest House attached to Liaison Office
Relations with Embassies and others
Liaison Office
Establishment of a Mini-Exhibition Centre for the Purpose and projecting the image of the State
Passages and Estacode matters in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance
Ministerial Briefing with His Excellency.

Agencies under the Office of Chief of Staff are:
Project Implementation and Monitoring Unit (PIMU)
Lagos State Aids Control Agency (LSACA)
Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA)
L/S Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA)
L/S Environmental Sanitation and Spec. Offences Enforcement Unit (LSESSOEU)-Task Force
L/S Metropolitan Development and Governance Project (LMDGP)
L/S Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC)
L/S Water Ways Authority (LASWA)
Public Private Partnership (PPP)
Number Plate Production Authority (NPPA)

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by takedat(m): 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Mainly because you have been fixated all along with the feeding allowance of the LASG, I am afraid you have proven nothing.

Someone more astute and driven by less of a desire to malign the Lagos state governor would tackle issues of accountability quite differently.

The larger problem with your approach here is not so much that it is prosecutorial - even in the absence of any scrutable facts.
Rather, its the paucity of thought on display which equates governance to a zero-sum game, which I find alarming.

To be honest though, you are no more guilty than any number of other commentators on this thread who, on good conscience, denigrate discussions of this sort to the pedestrian level of "my governor is better than yours" or "touch not my anointed".

TOUCHE
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by babapupa: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
talktimi: if you don't have any relevant argument to post here why not just slide by.

Some of you clowns overstates your worthless importance sometimes especially because other people take you Olodo trolls seriously and endlessly go back n forth debating your idiotic and.senseless arguments. . Who are you again.?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by AZeD1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

dumb
Democrazy is government of the majority. If a Governor loots his state dry, as far as the people like him, he will win elections.

What was the point of this thread 2Legit2Qui? Please don't say transparency or accountability because the owner of this thread has nothing to do with Lagos.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
A-ZeD:

Democrazy is government of the majority. If a Governor loots his state dry, as far as the people like him, he will win elections.

What was the point of this thread 2Legit2Qui? Please don't say transparency or accountability because the owner of this thread has nothing to do with Lagos.

Great. So everyone should shut up then, no need for accountability because so long they are looting and they appear to be doing something, and the people are not complaining, then everyone out there should keep quiet. Good for you. I love your reasoning. Honestly, your reasoning will win you an award. Keep it up. Excellent.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Eko oni ba jererenje Obi!!![/size]

grin grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by AZeD1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Great. So everyone should shut up then, no need for accountability because so long they are looting and they appear to be doing something, and the people are not complaining, then everyone out there should keep quiet. Good for you. I love your reasoning. Honestly, your reasoning will win you an award. Keep it up. Excellent.
You are probably not a bright fellow so i will say it in Pidgin? No body go win election if him no dey popular..
Marwa looted in Lagos but the people of lagos still love him!!!!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
A-ZeD:

You are probably not a bright fellow so i will say it in Pidgin? No body go win election if him no dey popular..
Marwa looted in Lagos but the people of lagos still love him!!!!

Your own definition of public accountability is winning at elections. Very excellent. Of course I am not a bright fellow when compared to you.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by AZeD1(m): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Your own definition of public accountability is winning at elections. Very excellent. Of course I am not a bright fellow when compared to you.

Point out where i mentioned accountability in the my post?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by warrior01: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
...OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF (page
446-448) - note multiple upkeep allowance
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 63
million Naira
maintenance of guest houses = 36 Million
Naira
upkeep and maintenance allowance = 67.5
million Naira
Smh!

Oh my God!!!!!! What a revelation
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Rather, it is the paucity of thought on display which equates governance to a zero-sum game, which I find alarming.

You are clutching at straws! He that must come to equity must come with clean hands. The only thing that is worse than corruption is hypocritical corruption! When you tell everyone you are a saint while you are stealing them dry! It is easy to deal with a government that everyone knows is bad than one that has spent so much resources trying to paint itself a saint only for us to discover that they are as criminal as anyone else; maybe even more...Please shove your sentimental posture right in your back pocket. We dont need it!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by OmoTier1(m): 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I am SHOCKED to the marrow that the "Eko oni ba je" gang, who routinely attack the federal govt from all sides including on issues concerning wasteful expenditure, are 'acting' complete nonchallance to the SCANDALOUS Lagos state 'jollification' budget revealed on this thread.

This is unprecedented HYPOCRISY!

...OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF (page 446-448) - note multiple upkeep allowance

Smh!

Having read this thread from beginning to the end, and seeing how you cannot understand a simple budget, I am not surprised you are not gainfully useful to Nigeria at large! You and your cronies made a baseless claim of food budget by the LASG yet you are unable to substantiate your claims. Here in england we say to people like you... give 'em few chisels and wedge..your life is in hands.
One word describe you. COWARD!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:06am On Jan 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Having read this thread from beginning to the end, and seeing how you cannot understand a simple budget, I am not surprised you are not gainfully useful to Nigeria at large! You and your cronies made a baseless claim of food budget by the LASG yet you are unable to substantiate your claims. Here in england we say to people like you... give 'em few chisels and wedge..your life is in hands.
One word describe you. COWARD!

You are hiding away in pechkam, eating bole and making noise! SMH!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2013
No matter what, there will always be arguments for and against and either side will stick to their guns no matter what.

In our arguments; theories; postulations, etc, we should also consider the following (1) Budgeting i.e to Provide a forecast of revenues and expenditures. (2)Accounting/Stewardship of monies spent (3) Charging: Recovery of cost. Cost + (profit) or Cost- (loss) or Cost = (Breakeven)

Taking a look at the Special Duties perceived Humongous provision for Chop Chop should be placed alongside (1) How it is funded? from Loans; IGR;or Charging (2) Is the Chop Chop appropraite or needful? & (3) Importantly, do the Agencies under the Special duties earn more than enough to fund their budget?? From perual, there are about 6 of them that are serious income generators for LASG & ultimately for the benefit of all Lagosians. LASG makes a lot of Money from PPP; LAMATA; Number Plate printing as it going to make billions from producing new number plates between now and september by when all cars in nigeria must have changed to new number plates and unless i am corrected, it is only that LASG company that is producing number plates for FRSC.

Objectivity and a holistic approach to discussions will be appreciated
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:23am On Jan 17, 2013
Guk: No matter what, there will always be arguments for and against and either side will stick to their guns no matter what.

In our arguments; theories; postulations, etc, we should also consider the following (1) Budgeting i.e to Provide a forecast of revenues and expenditures. (2)Accounting/Stewardship of monies spent (3) Charging: Recovery of cost. Cost + (profit) or Cost- (loss) or Cost = (Breakeven)

Taking a look at the Special Duties perceived Humongous provision for Chop Chop should be placed alongside (1) How it is funded? from Loans; IGR;or Charging (2) Is the Chop Chop appropraite or needful? & (3) Importantly, do the Agencies under the Special duties earn more than enough to fund their budget?? From perual, there are about 6 of them that are serious income generators for LASG & ultimately for the benefit of all Lagosians. LASG makes a lot of Money from PPP; LAMATA; Number Plate printing as it going to make billions from producing new number plates between now and september by when all cars in nigeria must have changed to new number plates and unless i am corrected, it is only that LASG company that is producing number plates for FRSC.

The problem is that ACN supporters have never heeded this kind of advise when they criticise other tiers of government or other states so they shouldnt expect the standard to be lowered for them!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by AZeD1(m): 12:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Guk: No matter what, there will always be arguments for and against and either side will stick to their guns no matter what.

Nice write up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cotonou Car-Market Used For Money-Laundering And Drug-Trafficking: US Govt / Ezekiel Oseni Appointed As NERFUND Acting MD, Approved By Adeosun / Fayose Splashes N50m On 6 Ekiti Communities For Development Purposes(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.