Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,363 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? (45457 Views)

Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. / Did Our Foremothers Use Menstrual Pads Or Tampons? / Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluesky4(f): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2007
CALIF0RNIA:

Well, I personally use pads because im affraid that the tampon will become stuck inside me, and that it will have more of a chance of leaking. embarassed

i dont mean to sound rude, but how old are u?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by CALIF0RNIA(f): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2007
14, iKNOE iSOUND DUMB. LOL
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluesky4(f): 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2007
aww! u dont sound dumb, ur still young, and maybe when u grow older u'll be more confident to use a tampon.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by engee2(f): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2007
i dont like pad becos it doesnt make me comfortable

i just love ma tampans but i use pad only @ night 2 let de flow free
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Zandra1(f): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2007
Tampons scare the bejesus out of me. I feel like its going to suck my blood, remain in me and then cause me to have a shock.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chychy(f): 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
Pads anytime. i'm shit scared of tampons
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chychy(f): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2008
Pads anytime. i'm shit scared of tampons
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Jezzy(f): 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2008
Pads are it for me.I just don't want the first hard thing going in there to be a tampon,heck no.There are super skinny pads these days,so skinny that you don't feel you have anything there.Lol.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
tried using tampon for d first time last wk.
now i'm mad i waited so long to start.
i've always always hated pads.
*whispers* i used to cut the thin always pads because they were so long and uncomfy
Tampons r safe if u change them often, and they make u feel so free.

but i must say that d icky part is when u remove it. eewww.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by almondjoy(f): 7:58am On Feb 17, 2008
Used to deal with tampons till they just kept falling out all the time when a coughed or sneezed!  cool

Pads are in baby! kiss

Bulkier but will not disgrace me in public places.  Sometimes I do not even know they are gone. grin Until a look down and find it inside ma undie, trousers or on the floor--if God hellep me, I am wearing a skirt or dress--- and I have to use ma leg to kick the useless thing under some table before a can have some privacy to get rid of the darn thing, so it does not spend more than 2 hours there--you know what will happen ladies--especially on days 3-5. cheesy  That thing is a-kickin' some "punge" for sure.

God's wonderful creation a guess!

Animal control and several pest control organizations will be enlisted to "fish" out the menace! grin

Please keep your thoughts to yourselves! cheesy

Whatever--virgin peeps!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2008
Jezzy:

Pads are it for me.I just don't want the first hard thing going in there to be a tampon,heck no.There are super skinny pads these days,so skinny that you don't feel you have anything there.Lol.

Same here wink
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Guchis(f): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2008
Pads for me any day, haven't even given tampons a thought and i don't think i will in the farthest future.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 29, 2008
pad: always works the best
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mi3(f): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2008
Tampons!!! i continually bless the day i started using them. The whole pad thing was beginning to gross me out so much that i considered gettin on birth control just so i didnt have to face my period! i mean seriously, with the pad, even if you go to pee, thers er yucky yucky blood everywher, but when you use a tampon, you can go through your entire period witout even seeing blood, for me, the tampon thing is just so much more sanitary, and its rare to er, spring a leak with them on, something that continually happens with pads,

and then thers the comfort issue, the pad, you just feel the bloody thing all day, it rudely reminds you of its presence every time you take a step, sit down, stand up, grr, too much bulk!

the tampon, on the other hand, when properly inserted is completelu comfortable and un-noticable! the trick is to put it in right, and you dont feel a thing!! and you can run around, swim, climb, anything! and its not an inconveinience, and all this talk about it being painful of disvirgining people, haba! una don see what youre talkin about before? the thing is small ohhhh! and as far as i know, nobody was born with a sealed vagina, so the space is very incredibly adequate for a tampon to go in without complicatons,

all in all sha, me likey tampons because they are so damn clean! cheesy thats my number one reason!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Gamine(f): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Gonorrhea(m): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
i know a girl dat uses cotton wool and she is on nairaland?

u wanna guess? grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Gamine(f): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
hmm lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by gyara2(m): 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2008
ds is woman affairs very important topic
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Saddam: 3:27am On Sep 10, 2008
I use Maize combs during my p****d
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by stormy98(f): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2008
BOTH but i prefer tampons though
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dragonslay(m): 10:03am On Oct 05, 2008
Good to know
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Mindfreak1: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2008
lol
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by sarahneka(f): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
I used pads all of my life until this blessed day i had a heavy flow and not only did i stain my self it dripped down my legs and for me that was bye bye Pads and hello Tampons
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by nycbaby: 5:53am On Mar 23, 2009
i switch up from time to time and use both, but i use pads more. wink
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bbcutie22: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
I just started mine yesterday n im only ten undecided
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mamagee3(f): 12:14am On Feb 13, 2010
I use Pad although some women/girls use pieces of wrapper,
I know that's disgusting but when you travel in a poor City/Country
you see it happen. . .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by nellaluv(f): 1:28am On Feb 18, 2010
^ ^ stop acting all innocent we know u also use cloths/wrapper tongue
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by denny4ril: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2010
smiley sanitary pads are better if u can afford it for health reasons. other methods may work but can cause vaginal infection. so make a wise move in making your choice dearie!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
Both.
I use tampons more though.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Mar 14, 2010
I use a purewater bag, Daft thread!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Sissy3(f): 2:24am On Mar 14, 2010
mama-gee:

I use a purewater bag, Daft thread!

mama-gee:

I use Pad although some women/girls use pieces of wrapper,
I know that's disgusting but when you travel in a poor City/Country
you see it happen. . .

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by lindabells(f): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
Anion protective sanitary pads/panty liners available now! Prevents and treats bacteria infections.Comes with self testing kits.Ladies Hooray! very friendly to the skin ,no rashes , itches, and best of can absorb by four times unlike the regulars Distributors wanted in Nigeria for anions protective sanitary pads and panty liners .For users ,nation wide delivery available.call or send sms to 08037736617 for questions ,delivery /orders

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osagie Ehanire: Stop Asking Me About Chinese Doctors / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady / Vietnam Police Seized 324,000 Used, Repackaged Condoms(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.