Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? (45481 Views)

Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. / Did Our Foremothers Use Menstrual Pads Or Tampons? / Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by cutiepie18(f): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2006
sup yall anywaz i be wandering how ppl use tampons am alwaz trying to use it but it feels so damn uncomfortable,ion be knowing how to put it in so i jusr decided to stick to pads for now(Kotex and always)
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by glamrocka(f): 1:21am On Apr 29, 2006
Tampons girl here

I used to use pads but hated them. My friend introduced me to tampons many moons ago, i was trying to insert it and i was oohhing and aaahing, she looked me up and down and said ''like you've not had bigger things up there before'' anyway she talked me through it and i got it in and have had no troubles since grin.

It feels perfect for me, you got to find the right size for your flow and make sure you insert it all the way to eliminate the discomfort. keep the string hanging and oh dont worry it wont disappear inside. I forgot whether i had taken it out once(yes really embarassed, i used the lillets, real small ones) , i found that out after a very embarrassing trip to A&E only for the nurse to tell me how silly i was and there was nothing inside me.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by hotangel2(f): 1:45am On Apr 29, 2006
You beat me to it. Aww mehn, i was gonna make a topic like this.

I use pad, dont like tampons.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by sade511(f): 1:53am On Apr 29, 2006
I never used a tampon. I'm too scared.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by cutiepie18(f): 3:28am On Apr 29, 2006
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy me i beat hotangel to something am soo happy.lol gurl watz good wit ya.we are not as popular as u are on nairaland but itz all good gurl am working my way up to it. smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by hotangel2(f): 3:54am On Apr 29, 2006
lol, u r funny girl. Anyways popularity no dey put food for table oo. lol
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by IAH(f): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2006
I use pads. No tampons please. smiley
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2006
tampons only

i used to use pads, but ever since i discovered tampons, there no going back, pads feel like diapers to me now, u don't really feel the tampons at all, and try a good brand,like tampax pearl or kotex, don't try the 25 cent ones in the public bathroom, those are for emergencies and are not very confortable, i feel very confortable with tampons that i could even go swimming in my pool with it. trust me if  u do it right there no going back to pads and remember you're not supposed to leave the applicator in, i made that mistake my first time. stupid me. worth the try. jus imagine a cotton ball  up there, if u know what i mean.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Eastcoast(f): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2006
i use only pad. i'm scared of tampons. One of my teachers always advices us never to use tampons. she keeps explaining toxic shock all the time with all the low blood pressure etc. itz just makes me go arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by glamrocka(f): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2006
Dont know how u girls do it. Pads urgh, they remind you that you on your period all day, they heavy, run risk of stain etc. not for me. You girls are brave. Tampons make you so free, you forget you on period.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2006
@glamrocka

u always get it right, i think you're reading my mind, are u a sagg?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2006
whts period
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Zahymaka(m): 12:14am On Apr 30, 2006
Rhodalyn:

whts period

Are you sure you're a girl?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bolex(m): 12:20am On Apr 30, 2006
that your shaky ass ,,,,

& your ass is still asking about periods
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by virozuru(f): 12:22am On Apr 30, 2006
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chinani(f): 1:23am On Apr 30, 2006
Pads only.

I tried tampons. It was an awful experience. embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided And it was so so so uncomfortable painful. I only wanted to do it b/c I thought it was what big girls did. embarassed Stupid. Stupid.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by larger20(m): 1:45am On Apr 30, 2006
Hey girls, have u heard of ms new booty?
I can buy that for any of you that need it. I will drive to your door and deliver for some, wink
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by glamrocka(f): 1:48am On Apr 30, 2006
Hi Bluenubian smiley
what did you mean by sagg?

[/quote][quote author=Rhodalyn link=topic=11643.msg325872#msg325872 date=1146351267]
whts period

Earth to Rhodalyn
like zah said are you a girl? or you just playing undecided
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by cammy(f): 1:55am On Apr 30, 2006
ok i live in central amreica and here they advice virgins not to use tampons, why? beacuse latinos belive that tampons break a young girls virginity.lol crazy, i know
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chinani(f): 2:01am On Apr 30, 2006
cammy:

ok i live in central amreica and here they advice virgins not to use tampons, why? beacuse latinos believe that tampons break a young girls virginity.lol crazy, i know
Er, I don't think that's crazy. I live in TX and there's a high Latino population. I've heard that my whole life. It's true. I mean tampons have to push pass or break the hymen. That has lots to do w/ virginity, abi?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Typewriter(m): 3:09am On Apr 30, 2006
for we that are uninitiated pls explain this Pads and Tompons

well the last time i used any thing pad was when i was a toddler
so when do adults wear Pads (abi is that what u mean by being Born again)?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by larger20(m): 3:26am On Apr 30, 2006
Tapoms were designed for the non virgins
Pad is for both virgins and non virgins.
Tapons for teens should be avoided unless the girl is fat in the ass and heating up in there cheesy grin.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by hotangel2(f): 3:28am On Apr 30, 2006
Seriously pads are better.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by glamrocka(f): 3:31am On Apr 30, 2006
Tampons were not designed for non virgins, where did u get that from? you think the manufacturer thot well lets make something for the non vs please, its just an alternative
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by larger20(m): 3:32am On Apr 30, 2006
lol i know i was just kidding,
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by glamrocka(f): 3:34am On Apr 30, 2006
Larger you crazy person grin

You got me there
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by larger20(m): 3:35am On Apr 30, 2006
Read this ladies, what shall we do to help these women?

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L28672045.htm
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chinani(f): 3:36am On Apr 30, 2006
Well the inventor/manufacturer of tampons were originally men. What do men know about vaginas & menstration? It could be argued that tampons weren't made for women! I mean, come on.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by larger20(m): 3:39am On Apr 30, 2006
chinani:

Well the inventor/manufacturer of tampons were originally men. What do men know about vaginas & menstration. It could be argued that tampons weren't made for women! I mean, come on.

As a manufacturing engineer, if i were to go into the sanitary pad buisness, i will go through Quality functional deployment before any manufacturing takes place, this process will intensively involed womens contribution before any development. Women who will volunter their vagina will be used during the process.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chinani(f): 3:47am On Apr 30, 2006
Thank you larger_20. That's very reassuring. grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by OldGlory1(m): 4:12am On Apr 30, 2006
This is an awful topic. Please Ladies (TMI)!!!!!!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by sade511(f): 4:20am On Apr 30, 2006
You didnt have to read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady / After Treating STD, This Is How I See Women Now / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.