Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria (8639 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay / Poverty Has A Bold Northern Face Says Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by nasty45(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Why d vp no go talk so wen dem don giv am enuf cassava bread eat,bread worth #3billion.mtchew
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by ignis: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
I will say, Poverty has increased in Nigeria.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Lol, no be only.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Symphony007: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
To an extent, this is true. Nigeria has a fast growning middle class. There is a rise in car sales. People are more willing to spend money on luxeries like entertainment in places like silverbird, genesis delux, shoprite and many other. Nigeri has a growning middle class but that does'nt mean we there yet. We still have a monumental problem with poverty.

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by juman(m): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
ignis: I will say, Poverty has increased in Nigeria.
¨
Poverty is increasing.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by babarazy: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Abeg which Nigeria?
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Sicozone(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
speaking in OBJ's voice-WHO ARE THEY DECEIVING ME OR JONATHAN smiley
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by biggiedol: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thanks
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
juman: ¨
Poverty is increasing.

You know, the good thing about the UN, World Bank etc is that they can actually show you their research methodologies for replication, to back their statistics.

What can you and your negative ilk show apart from your fat bellies?

2 Likes

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by jerikoyan(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Kindly Vote dayo dj bello in d Pepsi lyrics challenge...just click n like--> http:///13gEskj thanks
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Sholly121: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
Itoroetti :
When I see people criticises jonathan,I laff.when I see obj talking negatively about jonathan,I smile.when I see people comparing jonathan's regime to that of Obj,I laff.but I always ask,apart frm ibb and abacha,have the been any other worst leader as obj?obj was in power for 8yrs and was able to achieve breakthrough only in the telecom fields.jonathan is just 2yrs in power,why not give him the time u gave obj and then at d end u compare to know who is better?
you are sick. Comparing Badluck to Obj. In what way has he affected people positively. You are a scallywag
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by taharqa: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hehehe grin. See dem..... By d way, d new study from NBS also indicatd that both Poverty and Unemployment rates decreasd slightly ova d 2-yr period, agreeing with dis World bank report. Poverty rate is DECLINING, and as d World Bank V.P said if d President's power reform programme (which he praisd) continues, then it wud even decrease much more significantly. BAD NEWS FOR SM PPL i know grin grin
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by COOLDUN: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
berem: So i should believe every trash World Bank says? wonderful! It is now world bank that tells us who is employed and who is jobless or maybe world bank came to my house and asked me if i work. mtscheeew!

Don’t mind them; believing a poor Senegalese man who was served chep in the Aso Rock, and given a fresh prostitute that was robbing his dick and sucking his nipples, then he started vomiting rubbish from his wide mouth. Economy is growing and improving while many workers are losing their jobs every day, begging is becoming a big industry in Nigeria due to poverty. I know he is in Nigeria to see how their wicked and drilling economical policies are eating deep into the bodies of Nigerians. Tomorrow you will hear different stories from this same man and his gang of evil agents. Folks this is a 2015 campaign for the Phee Dee Phee, party in advance.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rossikk:

You know, the good thing about the UN, World Bank etc is that they can actually show you their research methodologies for replication, to back their statistics.

What can you and your negative ilk show apart from your fat bellies?

Please ask them. Some so-called Nigerians truly enjoy negative news about their own country. It's kinda funny and sad.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Nwunuken(m): 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
executinal: World bank is very correct. Even here in Nairaland we are withness as you see, every tom and jerry have access to Internet and BB tongue
na true my bro
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by UNLEASHED(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
I wasn't home when the survey was carried out sad
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ok, good news!
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by alamkah: 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
berem: from 48 to 46 percent abi? how did they arrive at the figures anyway? did they carry out a survey? wonders will continue to wonder in this country.
if d man say corruption dodon increase from 46% to 48% u no ask question.na waooo.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by ucheheart(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
We hope so.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Hardfact: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pure rubbish! They must get their 'facts' right: The poor man on the street aint feeling no improvement whatsoever!
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
If you are poor say aye!! If not accept the statement
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Poverty has reduced drastically by more than the 2% point quoted by the WB Official.

The rate at which the rich disburses huge amount to Kidnapper as ransom to gain their freedom tend to reduce poverty.

Wealth distribution has increased from politicians to the electorates in a bid to buy favour and gain re-election instead of engaging in useful developmental projects.

The advent of mobile phone is helping the poor to communicate their problems to their rich relatives, who has no choice but to contribute in one way or the other in alleviating their sufferings.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
From where I come from, it only take one or two very rich family members to send poverty to dungeon of history in an extended family setting. Most times it is binding but if they marry bad or selfish wives that becomes story for another day.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Reptyle(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
Voodoo economics....pulling statistics out of the air as usual.

Besides, did our President not state expressly that his government is into "wealth creation" and not "poverty reduction?" This geek from the world bank obviously didn't get that memo seeing that he came here with a long speech on how poverty has reduced by 2%. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Reptyle(m): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
Symphony007: To an extent, this is true. Nigeria has a fast growning middle class. There is a rise in car sales. People are more willing to spend money on luxeries like entertainment in places like silverbird, genesis delux, shoprite and many other. Nigeri has a growning middle class but that does'nt mean we there yet. We still have a monumental problem with poverty.

You are kidding right
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by yomip3t(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
What !!! No dey talk rubbish ooo. Abi na bcoz Obateru be the first black man to buy 2014 Bentley.
Abegi ! Do proper homework oooo before saying things.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by farolee(m): 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Itoroetti :
When I see people criticises jonathan,I laff.when I see obj talking negatively about jonathan,I smile.when I see people comparing jonathan's regime to that of Obj,I laff.but I always ask,apart frm ibb and abacha,have the been any other worst leader as obj?obj was in power for 8yrs and was able to achieve breakthrough only in the telecom fields.jonathan is just 2yrs in power,why not give him the time u gave obj and then lat d end u compare to know who is better?

May God tighten up the lose bots and nuts in your brain.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by cjfavour(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
ocelot2006:

It's the World Bank we're talking about. I'm pretty sure they performed their research quite well and thoroughly. Or would you have prefered to hear that poverty was on the increase?
world bank and IMF oficials are liars. After collecting bribe they'll start vomiting rubbish. This is how they told us dt sanusi lamido is d most intelligent man in nigeria. How did they manufacture dt figure?are they talking about the whole of nigeria or just poverty in abuja?where saying dt things are getting worse and their shooting off.SHAME ON WORLD BANK,SHAME ON IMF.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by yomip3t(m): 12:25am On Jan 17, 2013
Stop saying rubbish World Bank !
Abi na bcoz Obateru be the 1st Black man to buy 2012 Bentley dey make u talk this rubbish.

U better do ur research well.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by hollypagan: 1:25am On Jan 17, 2013
the 46 % is from north,in south south banking and stock exchange has made them rich while in south east spear parts has deprived them from porverty ,balyesa they keep on getting allocation from investors
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Pvictor10(m): 1:40am On Jan 17, 2013
There are always demographers or other researchers that carry out surveys and submit reports to Recognised Organisations. Go to school and learn
berem: from 48 to 46 percent abi? how did they arrive at the figures anyway? did they carry out a survey? wonders will continue to wonder in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) / Godwin Emefiele: Don’t Panic; No Nigerian Bank Is Distressed / Sarki Abba Didn't Test Positive For COVID-19 - Bashir Ahmad Counters Sahara Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.