Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria (8640 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay / Poverty Has A Bold Northern Face Says Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 17, 2013
Abacha was a good leader you shouldn't compare him with IBB or Obasanjo.

Obasanjo was disaster and most of problems/corruption we have today was caused by him.
Itoroetti :
When I see people criticises jonathan,I laff.when I see obj talking negatively about jonathan,I smile.when I see people comparing jonathan's regime to that of Obj,I laff.but I always ask,apart frm ibb and abacha,have the been any other worst leader as obj?obj was in power for 8yrs and was able to achieve breakthrough only in the telecom fields.jonathan is just 2yrs in power,why not give him the time u gave obj and then at d end u compare to know who is better?
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by jamil2(m): 5:32am On Jan 17, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: But not in the north, it is increasing there everyday
And up to today plenty dudes from East and South have no time for leaving the North, I guess what is holding them here is poverty.

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by obitrac: 6:06am On Jan 17, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: But not in the north, it is increasing there everyday
here in d south we are beginning to reduce d number of children we give birth to and plan well so dat w can cater for their needs whereas d opp is d case in d north where people just produce children and throw them to d streets not pÙtting their welfare into consideration and dey end up becoming a menace to d society afterwhich dey lay d blame on goverment when dÉy thÉ pÀrent§ havÉ not cÓntributed to d development and welfare of their offspring
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by obitrac: 6:11am On Jan 17, 2013
Aunty ngozi don bribe dem
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by londoner: 6:36am On Jan 17, 2013
This is good news. The growing number of middle class in Nigeria is well noticed......this is where a nation becomes richer and more stable....a sizeable middle class.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Gombs(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2013
berem: from 48 to 46 percent abi? how did they arrive at the figures anyway? did they carry out a survey? wonders will continue to wonder in this country.

*Wander

Thank me later
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Ayoko007: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2013
ROSSIKE: Oh shut up . Where's your proof that corruption is "increasing"? No. Of course you have no proof. After all, insulting the leadership is free of charge with no need to prove anything. Mshewwww
look at u,asking for prOof when dey are all aroud u.do u know the no of starving children right now despite our resouces,do u know d no of homeles peaple in nig.?farouk ,nd lawal nko? Ibori nko? Just to name few,pls stop asking for evidences and read d news daily.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by thoth: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2013
Where do you guys see all there reduction of poverty ? POVERTY is increasing tenfolds in Nigeria and many people are dying of poverty. I guess many people here are either paid to lie and confuse the readers or they are just deceiving themselves.
What do we expect to hear from the Imperialistic world Bank/IMF ? That the middle class is vanishing and the Quality of Life is decreasing ? That many people can no longer afford basic amenities like water and electricity because the Austerity measures dictated by the same World Bank/IMF made these very expensive ? That the World Bank /IMF policy of privatization,mass layoffs, subsidy removal, weak goverment, health care reduction etc are driving nigerians into poverty in their millions, causing loss of jobs due to the closure of many small business and factories who can no longer keep up with the destructive cost of operations, that death rate of Nigerians have tripled within the last three years and 85% of the deaths are from ailments that are readily diagnosable but can not be afforded by growing numbers of our citizens, can't you see the rate people dieing all around you ? Would IMF who directly gave the directive to increase tuition fees all around the country tell you that as the tuition fees are increasing the quality of education is rapidly decreasing creating hundreds of thousands of dumb graduates whom are destinied to be psychological Slaves ready to be used to further strangle the nation and keep it in servitude and under-developed. Sometimes i just doubt if the posters in many of these threads are really sincere or just doing what they are paid to do. Do you know how many business/factories have closed down since the fuel subsidy removal and fuel price hike ? Both which were the directives of the World bank/ IMF . Ghana removed fuel subsidy while under pressure from the West but Patriotic and Nationalistic citizens maneuvered and brought it back while ignorant nigerian leaders just ignored the agonizing cries of the increasingly poor masses. The World Bank / IMF increasingly and successfuly prodded nigerian leaders to DEVALUE our currency making the masses POORER and imperialistic puppets vehemtly fought the Redenomination of the Naira brought up by Mr Soludo while Ghana successfuly carried on with theirs putting value into their currency and creating incentives and fiscal advantage to Ghananian businesses/imports/exports. If you guys are not poor would you be taking money to sell out your nation online ?
Whenever i look around me in Nigeria all i see is Poverty! POVERTY AND MORE POVERTY!

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
coolNa lie poverty is really on the increase in lagos and major populated cities around..see youths and workers strugling for peanuts ..many. Youth are jobless and the rich get richer the poor getting kicked off...in nigeria people are gettin poorer each day - do u think to judge a society is when you see the numbers of SUV , and EOD toyota..oya make dem fuel dem$ car na wahala or maintain d car na serious headache...education is poor here health care poor..not adequate ...I beg world bank naija poor skatter
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
See the same people that supported kicking out Okada Riders plying major lucrative routes in various State Capitals in Nigeria without any alternative or palliatives are here saying that Poverty is on the increase.

IQless and Confused Nairalanders speaking with double tongues.
Re: World Bank: Poverty Has Reduced In Nigeria by abrahym(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
big lie. world bank dey lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) / Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting / Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.